Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin (16988 Views)

Igbankes Is Not Igbo Please Stop / All Igbo's Please Come In , This Is Really Serious / Re: Aniocha,Ndokwa,Ika And Oshimilli Are NOT Igbo's Stop Misinforming The Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by Turantula(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2019
nineone:
There is nothing like Ika Igbo. ika is Ika and has always been Ika. There was no time Ika people identified themselves as Ika Igbo. We have always been Ika and that's what our language will remain. There has been a lot of influence on our language in the recent past but efforts is now being made to reduce the level of influence. Agbor is a dialect of Ika language. That's how it has always been and it shall remain so. There is a difference between a language being classified under another language. English is a Germanic language. Itsekiri and Igala are Yoruboid languages. Ika is an Igboid language. That's just the way it's been within the last century and so it shall remain
Ikas are western Igbo group. Forget what your parents told you and do some research.

2 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
Turantula:

Ikas are western Igbo group. Forget what your parents told you and do some research.
I'm not into what my parents told me. It's global practice for people to define their identity. Our ancestors have never been Igbo. And we also reserve the right to define our identity and be what we want to be. We have more to gain aligning with majority. But we said no. To hell with whatever benefits accrues to being from the majority. We are not interested.

1 Like

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by pazienza(m): 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
nineone:
Igbodo doesn't speak like our Aniocha neighbors. They speak an adulterated Ika but what they speak is definitely Ika. We from this part knows what is Ika and what is Anioma. But I don't know how that has made Ika language less of a language. When two language groups meet, the people at the fringes borrow from the two groups. This is a very common characteristic of languages even in the European languages you guys like to cite. Agbor king telling his subjects to speak the Agbor dialect of the Ika language doesn't in any way make Ika less of a language rather, it makes Ika a complete language with different dialects each highly intelligible amongst themselves.

Nope.

The Agbor king doesn't recognize Ika language as no such thing exists in his understanding. He only recognizes Agbor language.
As a matter of reality, many Agbor people are not sold on this Ika ethnicity thing and rather see Agbor as ethnicity of its own, and all communities surrounding Agbor, as part of Agbor ethnic group. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by pazienza(m): 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
nineone:
I'm not into what my parents told me. It's global practice for people to define their identity. Our ancestors have never been Igbo. And we also reserve the right to define our identity and be what we want to be. We have more to gain aligning with majority. But we said no. To hell with whatever benefits accrues to being from the majority. We are not interested.

Who are this "We" you speak of?

Better stick to yourself. You don't speak for everyone in Ikaland, that's for sure. Chief E.A Iduwe, a high ranked Agbor Chief was convinced Agbor is of IGBO stock and went on to write a book on it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by pazienza(m): 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Mister, according to your king Ika is a distinct language but I want to know when it was invented and the population of Agbor when this happened. Because according to your wise king there is something called Agbor language that exist outside of Ika. Ika was actually named Eka Igbo because after many years of research by the Europeans it was concluded Ika is an Igboid language.

Well put.

2 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by Banmeallday: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2019
All these who are Igbo threads....lol

Igbo bu Igbo

Develop your region/home nation, and those who have distanced themselves because of shame or the shame your leaders have shown, will come back to shout how Igbotic they are and have always been....smiley

4 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by meccuno: 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
Banmeallday:
All these who are Igbo threads....lol

Igbo bu Igbo

Develop your region/home nation, and those who have distanced themselves because of shame or the shame your leaders have shown, will come back to shout how Igbotic they are and have always been....smiley
i have always had this mindset. I just laugh when these people claim not to be Igbo. a time will come when they would understand that living in self denial has grave consequences. Some of those who claim not to be Igbo are like the Jamaicans,Dominicans and Haitians who believe that their RACE is not black. but time would tell.

3 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by OMANBALA1: 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2019
pazienza:

Nope.

The Agbor king doesn't recognize Ika language as no such thing exists in his understanding. He only recognizes Agbor language.
As a matter of reality, many Agbor people are not sold on this Ika ethnicity thing and rather see Agbor as ethnicity of its own, and all communities surrounding Agbor, as part of Agbor ethnic group. undecided

Sometimes I think these guys rarely understand how confused and meaningless.
From we are not Igbo to Ika is a separate language. These guys are being willingly ffoollish. Obi of Agbor doesn't even identify with Ika....lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2019
pazienza:

Who are this "We" you speak of?

Better stick to yourself. You don't speak for everyone in Ikaland, that's for sure. Chief E.A Iduwe, a high ranked Agbor Chief was convinced Agbor is of IGBO stock and went on to write a book on it.
first, Iduwes book is just like the Biblical "hand of Esau, voice of Jacob" the book was written by Onwuejogwu. And from the tone of the book, you can see it wasn't really a book but an over sensationalized thrash. And no where in the book was it indicated that Ika was of Igbo stock. I read the book several times and most stories in the book are thrash. But as an Igbo man, you'll think any book that's anti Bini is pro Igbo. Your selective blindness will not see all the anti Igbo portions. Including all the portions that can only pass for myths and legends
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2019
pazienza:

Nope.

you are the greatest liar ever liveth. Just last year when the purported unverified statement made it's way into the cyberworld, Dein of Agbor was hosting the whole eleven Ika kingdoms in Agbor s Ika National Hall. He was also the chief host of the Ogwa Ika and the also hosted the Ika National Lectures that same year.
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by OMANBALA1: 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2019
nineone:
There is nothing like Ika Igbo. ika is Ika and has always been Ika. There was no time Ika people identified themselves as Ika Igbo. We have always been Ika and that's what our language will remain. There has been a lot of influence on our language in the recent past but efforts is now being made to reduce the level of influence. Agbor is a dialect of Ika language. That's how it has always been and it shall remain so. There is a difference between a language being classified under another language. English is a Germanic language. Itsekiri and Igala are Yoruboid languages. Ika is an Igboid language. That's just the way it's been within the last century and so it shall remain

Your Germanic-English comparison will not work because both language are not mutually intelligible. There are Igbo groups who can understand 90% of what Ika speak but not so for an English for German.

By the way , you dont have what it takes to influence the way Ika speak...You dont have the will neither do you have the resources. 99% of Ika kids born today are given Igbo names because Ika is heavily diluted and returning to Anioma central Igbo.

When you get home ask your Dein why he is allergic to women/getting married....lol
I didnt say anything....oooo

1 Like

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Your Germanic-English comparison will not work because both language are not mutually intelligible. There are Igbo groups who can understand 90% of what Ika speak but not so for an English for German.

By the way , you dont have what it takes to influence the way Ika speak...You dont have the will neither do you have the resources. 99% of Ika kids born today are given Igbo names because Ika is heavily diluted and returning to Anioma central Igbo.

When you get home ask your Dein why he is allergic to women/getting married....lol
I didnt say anything....oooo
you are happy about the adulteration of Ika language and you think you've conquered us and nothing can be done about it. But you lie. It only takes a little conscious effort by the Ika elites to trigger a revival of the real Ika language as much as possible. It might not be revived to how it was spoken hundred years ago or more, but something can be done to stop further displacement of Ika language by our Igbo neighbors. And you lie. No non Ika group understand Ika up to 90%. Not even the Ukwuani and the Enuani. And as for the English and Germany, I used that to tell you how loosed language groupings and classification can be. If I want to use intelligibility, I know lots of languages in the Germanic group that are more intelligible between Enugu Igbo and Awka yet they're classified as different languages. This proofs how you guys have absolutely no point
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by pazienza(m): 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2019
nineone:
first, Iduwes book is just like the Biblical "hand of Esau, voice of Jacob" the book was written by Onwuejogwu. And from the tone of the book, you can see it wasn't really a book but an over sensationalized thrash. And no where in the book was it indicated that Ika was of Igbo stock. I read the book several times and most stories in the book are thrash. But as an Igbo man, you'll think any book that's anti Bini is pro Igbo. Your selective blindness will not see all the anti Igbo portions. Including all the portions that can only pass for myths and legends

You are saying Victor Manfredi and Boston University are too stupid to recognize that the book wasn't written by Iduwe?
Well, sorry to break your heart, it was written by Chief Iduwe , too bad it doesn't suit your Binicentric agenda, Huh?

It was clearly stated there that Ika were mere neighbors to Binis and not descendants of Bini. Additionally, it was made obvious that the Bini influenced Ikas,, just as Ika influenced Bini, but that Ika were of Igbo stock.
Starting from the evolution of the Eze Agbor stool to present.

See below.

6 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by OMANBALA1: 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2019
nineone:
you are the greatest liar ever liveth. Just last year when the purported unverified statement made it's way into the cyberworld, Dein of Agbor was hosting the whole eleven Ika kingdoms in Agbor s Ika National Hall. He was also the chief host of the Ogwa Ika and the also hosted the Ika National Lectures that same year.

And if Dein of Agbor hated Igbo like people had made it he would have started the fight against Igbo by changing his first and surnames...lol. Like I changed my baptismal name to all Igbo when I discovered the Igbo in me.

If he loved Ika that much why would he condemn his subjects for speaking the variance? Nigga also threatened to send chiefs who wear red cap away...lol. This is a man who spent most of his formative years in England yet he sounds like a ffool. A nigga will always be a nigga!

3 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2019
pazienza:

You are saying Victor Manfredi and Boston University are too stupid to recognize that the book wasn't written by Iduwe?
Well, sorry to break your heart, it was written by Chief Iduwe , too bad it doesn't suit your Binicentric agenda, Huh?

It was clearly stated there that Ika were mere neighbors to Binis and not descendants of Bini. Additionally, it was made obvious that the Bini influenced Ikas,, just as Ika influenced Ika, but that Ika were of Igbo stock.
Starting from the evolution of the Eze Agbor stool to present.

See below.
as I said earlier, Iduwes book was written by Onwuejegwu as narrated by Iduwe. There was no time in Agbor history that Agbor kings were called Eze. First, you need to understand the meaning of ominijie and the people that ruled in the Ominijie era were never kings. Forget whatever Onwuejeogwu might have written in that book. And as I clearly stated, the book was simply anti Edo and mostly to dismiss the Bini origin story. But there was no where it was said that Agbor came from the East. There are some portions where it was even suggested that igbos are from Agbor. And I made the clear the book can only pass for a myth and should be classified into the myths and legends genre of literature
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by pazienza(m): 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2019
nineone:
as I said earlier, Iduwes book was written by Onwuejegwu as narrated by Iduwe. There was no time in Agbor history that Agbor kings were called Eze. First, you need to understand the meaning of ominijie and the people that ruled in the Ominijie era were never kings. Forget whatever Onwuejeogwu might have written in that book. And as I clearly stated, the book was simply anti Edo and mostly to dismiss the Bini origin story. But there was no where it was said that Agbor came from the East. There are some portions where it was even suggested that igbos are from Agbor. And I made the clear the book can only pass for a myth and should be classified into the myths and legends genre of literature

Drivel of a drowning man. You have no proof other than your irrational talks of the book being written by Onwuejeogwu. Boston University is a reputable institution and would not tolerate such. As a matter of fact, Iduwe was introduced to Onwuejeogwu by the Eze Agbor himself, Obi Ikenchuku.

Kings in all Igbo speaking realms are called Eze. Even in Agbor, the word for King is Eze, Obi is but a mere title.

As far as in Igbanke, Kings are also called Eze. It's the Igbo imprint. Eze is a constant even in deepest part of Ikwerre to the most divergent Igbo group (Ekpeye).

Obi, Igwe, Enanchioke, etc are all titles an Eze bears, they are no substitute for Eze. Eze Agbor is the Obi of Agbor, Eze Onitsha is the Obi of Onitsha, Eze Abriba is the Enanchioke of Abriba, it's as simple as that.

Of course, African history is mainly myths,folktales etc, as they were never documented but Atleast, Iduwe stories are rational.

If the book appears anti Edo, it's because you and you lots had spent decades distorting history to suit your Edophilic agenda, so much that a neutral version like Iduwes own, which rightly places Agbor and Ika amongst the Igbo people, becomes Edophobic to your ears.

First you claim the book never claimed that Agbor and Ika are Igbos, I showed you evidence, now you are claiming that the book never said that Agbor migrated from the East.
Read the part of Iduwe work I posted, it clearly stated that Ika migrated from the East, reaching as far west as Yorubaland, before retreating back East to its present location.

It's common sense that the same East to West migration that produced all Igbo speaking groups in SE produced Ika, we all left Sudan and it's environment together, while some stopped at SE, some migrated further into current SW (these are the Igbos in ancient Ile ife Obi of Onitsha spoke of), this branch of Igbo woukd later be pushed back Eastwards, giving rise to the Anioma of today.

5 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 18, 2019
pazienza:

Drivel of a drowning man. You have no proof other than your irrational talks of the book being written by Onwuejeogwu. Boston University is a reputable institution and would not tolerate such. As a matter of fact, Iduwe was introduced to Onwuejeogwu by the Eze Agbor himself, Obi Ikenchuku.

Kings in all Igbo speaking realms are called Eze. Even in Agbor, the word for King is Eze, Obi is but a mere title.

As far as in Igbanke, Kings are also called Eze. It's the Igbo imprint. Eze is a constant even in deepest part of Ikwerre to the most divergent Igbo group (Ekpeye).

Obi, Igwe, Enanchioke, etc are all titles an Eze bears, they are no substitute for Eze. Eze Agbor is the Obi of Agbor, Eze Onitsha is the Obi of Onitsha, it's as simple as that.

Of course, African history is mainly myths,folktales etc, as they were never documented but Atleast, Iduwe stories are rational.

If the book appears anti Edo, it's because you and you lots had spent decades distorting history to suit your Edophilic agenda, so much that a neutral version like Iduwes own, which rightly places Agbor and Ika amongst the Igbo people, becomes Edophobic to your ears.

First you claim the book never claimed that Agbor and Ika are Igbos, I showed you evidence, now you are claiming that the book never said that Agbor migrated from the East.
Read the part of Iduwe work I posted, it clearly stated that Ika migrated from the East, reaching as far west as Yorubaland, before retreating back East to its present location.

It's common sense that the same East to West migration that produced all Igbo speaking groups in SE produced Ika, we all left Sudan and it's environment together, while some stopped at SE, some migrated further into current SW (these are the Igbos in ancient Ile ife Obi of Onitsha spoke of), this branch of Igbo woukd later be pushed back Eastwards, giving rise to the Anioma of today.
shut up. You accept the book mainly because it suits your anti Edo agenda ignoring how the book itself isn't qualified to be called a history book. For example, the book started goofing from the first page where it claimed Agbor came in contact with Bini in the 18th century while also claiming the first name of Agbor was Ominijie, which was clearly an Edo name and do you know what Ominijie means in Ika and Edo? I don't need to respond to your other thrashes. To you East is only East of Nigeria. Agbor history claims middle Eastern origin, then to Oyo or Ife and not eastern Nigeria. Your confirmation bias always beclouds your sense of judgment that you always display your ignorance in public.
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by pazienza(m): 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2019
nineone:
shut up. You accept the book mainly because it suits your anti Edo agenda ignoring how the book itself isn't qualified to be called a history book. For example, the book started goofing from the first page where it claimed Agbor came in contact with Bini in the 18th century while also claiming the first name of Agbor was Ominijie, which was clearly an Edo name and do you know what Ominijie means in Ika and Edo? I don't need to respond to your other thrashes. To you East is only East of Nigeria. Agbor history claims middle Eastern origin, then to Oyo or Ife and not eastern Nigeria. Your confirmation bias always beclouds your sense of judgment that you always display your ignorance in public.

Chief Iduwe manuscript is very important because for the first time, it gives us an untainted Agbor and Ika history written from Ikaphilic view, and not the Edophilic distorted thrash written out of inferiority complex to Bini, some of you lots throw around. I notice you are livid that Iduwe will not acknowledge let alone elevate your Bini. Cry on.

Iduwe never said anything about Ominijie being the first name of Agbor.

I clearly made it clear that East means Sudan and it's environment( Egypt/Israel) which is where all Igbo groups migrated out of in a single wave, and settled in SE, Anioma and as far away as Ile Ife, before Yorubas pushed some of us(Agbor inclusive) Eastwards .

The important thing about Iduwe manuscript is that it establishes link between the Igbo and Yoruba race.
It would appear the Binis had not yet evolved by the time Igbos had contact with Yorubas.
Iduwe suggests that the aborigines to the area around Bini and present Agbor area were the Oza people,a distinct people from Binis/Edos as of then who were much larger before, but had been assimilated by the Agbor and Binis( who I suspect to be the end product of the Union between Yorubas and the Oza people).

Iduwe seem to suggest that the observed similarity between Ika and Bini, has its root in Oza group, which both Ika and Bini absorbed, and not necessarily a one way traffic of Bini influencing Ika as earlier thought, as the Influence was two ways.

Chief Iduwe also suggests that Ika developed her Ezeship institution independent of Bini influence and have had her Ezeship established, long before they had real contact with Binis.

4 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by HopeAtHand: 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2019
pazienza:

Do you mind throwing light on the aspect of history of Afikpo you speak of ?

I know u must answer present on this thread. I have a feeling if the whole Nigeria was made up of only Igbo's, Igbo's will search in Cameroon, Benin Republic, Chad and Niger for more Igbo's. I tire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by pazienza(m): 11:36pm On Mar 18, 2019
HopeAtHand:

I know u must answer present on this thread. I have a feeling if the whole Nigeria was made up of only Igbo's, Igbo's will search in Cameroon, Benin Republic, Chad and Niger for more Igbo's. I tire

I'm yet to see Igbos call any one who speaks any language that isn't Igboid, Igbo.

As a matter of fact, Igbos are usually castigated by other Nigerians for being too tribal.
We always try to identify with our own and each other, where ever we are found.

I don't see us searching for Igbos in non Igbo speaking lands. We never had empires, so it's just straight forward, if you speak our language, then you are one of us, as we don't remember ever forcing our language on non Igbos.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
pazienza:

Chief Iduwe manuscript is very important because for the first time, it gives us an untainted Agbor and Ika history written from Ikaphilic view, and not the Edophilic distorted thrash written out of inferiority complex to Bini, some of you lots throw around. I notice you are livid that Iduwe will not acknowledge let alone elevate your Bini. Cry on.

Iduwe never said anything about Ominijie being the first name of Agbor.

I clearly made it clear that East means Sudan and it's environment( Egypt/Israel) which is where all Igbo groups migrated out of in a single wave, and settled in SE, Anioma and as far away as Ile Ife, before Yorubas pushed some of us(Agbor inclusive) Eastwards .

The important thing about Iduwe manuscript is that it establishes link between the Igbo and Yoruba race.
It would appear the Binis had not yet evolved by the time Igbos had contact with Yorubas.
Iduwe suggests that the aborigines to the area around Bini and present Agbor were the Oza people, who were much larger before, but had been assimilated by the Agbor and Binis( who I suspect to be a result of the Union between Yorubas and the Oza people).

Iduwe seem to suggest that the observed similarity between Ika and Bini, has its root in Oza group, which both Ika and Bini absorbed, and not necessarily a one war traffic of Bini influencing Ika as earlier thought, as the Influence was two ways.

I will stop replying you on this as I don't debate thrash. You're not from Ika and probably would be highly ignorant about what's going on in the book. Ask the most Igbopholic Ika people you know that are knowledgeable about Ika history, culture and language and are honest about the their opinion of this thrash of a book. At least you mentioned Osita earlier, ask him about his opinion of this book if he'll be truthful. The book claiming contact with Bini in 18th century but majority of things they're talking about happening in the 13th century are Edo. 90% of the practices and cultures talked about in the book are Edoid. His explanation of how this Edo features came into Agbor are laughable.

And if Sudan is what you meant by the east, how did that justify your claim that I'm denying the Igbo origin despite showing me where it was mentioned in the book? Is Sudan same as Igbo? Everything you're writing concerning the book is rambling .

Pa Iduwe is late and they're releasing a manuscript he wrote. Pa Iduwe who is not even educated enough to write. How are we sure he wrote those? And even if he wrote them, how does a mythical book that claimed ika was the wife of Ogele and Eken Orie etc originated from Ika worth reading? The book is just like the Bible. Filled with contradictions. I don't have the time to waste on this book but if you push me further, I might spare a little time to expose this scam of a book
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by pazienza(m): 12:57am On Mar 19, 2019
=nineone

I will stop replying you on this as I don't debate thrash. You're not from Ika and probably would be highly ignorant about what's going on in the book.

This is nonsense. I don't need to be from Ika to know about Ika history, history is a science. You are only exposing your ignorance here.

Ask the most Igbopholic Ika people you know that are knowledgeable about Ika history, culture and language and are honest about the their opinion of this thrash of a book. At least you mentioned Osita earlier, ask him about his opinion of this book if he'll be truthful.

I know the opinion of Osita on Igbo identity of Ika. He only echoes what we all know. Ika is an Igbo realm, that experienced migrations from surrounding Edo and even as far away as Yoruba people, and in return, had its people migrate into Edo territories. If the migration of Igbo speaking Ika into Edo didn't turn those Edo groups into distinct groups,, why then should migration of Edoid people into Ika area, turn Ika into non Igbo group?
This is Osita's position and it's exactly in consonance with Iduwe manuscript.

The book claiming contact with Bini in 18th century but majority of things they're talking about happening in the 13th century are Edo. 90% of the practices and cultures talked about in the book are Edoid. His explanation of how this Edo features came into Agbor are laughable.

How are majority of the happenings in that book Edo? Are you for real. Where is the Edo happenings in the book?
What 90% of Agbor culture is Edo? Are you okay at All? What is greater in a culture than Language? Agbor speaks Igboid language, her Kings are called Ezes and Not Ogie/Ojie/Ovie.
Everything in Iduwe manuscript screams Igbo with few Yoruba(remember that Early Agbor people lived in Yorubaland) and minute Edo ( mainly from Oza indigenous people and intermarriage with Binis)

And if Sudan is what you meant by the east, how did that justify your claim that I'm denying the Igbo origin despite showing me where it was mentioned in the book? Is Sudan same as Igbo? Everything you're writing concerning the book is rambling .

"Agbor appears to be the citadel of the Ika dialects and the cradle of Igbo heroes"- Iduwe

Pa Iduwe is late and they're releasing a manuscript he wrote. Pa Iduwe who is not even educated enough to write. How are we sure he wrote those? And even if he wrote them, how does a mythical book that claimed ika was the wife of Ogele and Eken Orie etc originated from Ika worth reading?

It was compiled before he died. He doesn't need to be educated to tell his story, that's the job of editors.
We trust the intergrity of Manfredi a Harvard University scholar. What would Manfredi gain from distorting Iduwe manuscript?
Undocumented history is usually going to be a bit mythical. Either way, Iduwe stories are logical and rational. Ika was the wife of Ogele might not necessarily mean literally, it could be mythical, that's how oral history usually are, it's left on the interpreter to make use of his senses.
Book is worth reading many times than irrational distortions that claim that a people who migrated from Bini and were never conquered by Ndiigbo, neither do they share boundary with Igbos, magically threw away their Edoid language and became Igbo speaking, when Udekeme and Epie people that are in Far away Rivers state surrounded by Ijaw speakers still retained their Edoid language, but Ika that is next door to Edo mystically transformed to an Igboid language.

The book is just like the Bible. Filled with contradictions. I don't have the time to waste on this book but if you push me further, I might spare a little time to expose this scam of a book

Like the Bible? True because it's an oral ancient account being rendered in modern times after passing through thousands of oral sources. Filled with contradictions? Not at all. Book was consistent in telling Agbor history through the eyes of independent Agbor man, and not a Bini inferiority complex plaqued One. Deal with it.

How are majority of the happenings in that book Edo? Are you for real. Where is the Edo happenings in the book?

3 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by meccuno: 1:15am On Mar 19, 2019
pazienza:
=nineone

This is nonsense. I don't need to be from Ika to know about Ika history, history is a science. You are only exposing your ignorance here.

I know the opinion of Osita on Igbo identity of Ika. He only echoes what we all know. Ika is an Igbo realm, that experienced migrations from surrounding Edo and even as far away as Yoruba people, and in return, had its people migrate into Edo territories. If the migration of Igbo speaking Ika into Edo didn't turn those Edo groups into distinct groups,, why then should migration of Edoid people into Ika area, turn Ika into non Igbo group?

What 90% of Agbor culture is Edo? Are you okay at All? What is greater in a culture than Language? Agbor speaks Igboid language, her Kings are called Ezes and Not Ogie/Ojie/Ovie.
Everything in Iduwe manuscript screams Igbo with few Yoruba(remember that Early Agbor people lived in Yorubaland) and minute Edo ( mainly from Oza indigenous people and intermarriage with Binis)

"Agbor appears to be the cradle of the Ika dialects and the cradle of Igbo heroes"- Iduwe

It was compiled before he died. He doesn't need to be educated to tell his story, that's the job of editors.
We trust the intergrity of Manfredi a Harvard University scholar. What would Manfredi gain from distorting Iduwe manuscript?
Undocumented history is usually going to be a bit mythical. Either way, Iduwe stories are logical and rational. Ika was the wife of Ogele might not necessarily mean literally, it could be mythical, that's how oral history usually are, it's left on the interpreter to make use of his senses.
Book is worth reading many times than irrational distortions that claim that a people who migrated from Bini and were never conquered by Ndiigbo, neither do they share boundary with Igbos, magically threw away their Edoid language and became Igbo speaking, when Udekeme and Epie people that are in Far away Rivers state surrounded by Ijaw speakers still retained their Edoid language, while an Ika that is next door to Ego mystically transformed to an Igboid language.

Like the Bible? True because it's an oral ancient account being rendered in modern times after passing through thousands of oral sources. Filled with contradictions? Not at all. Book was consistent in telling Agbor history through the eyes of independent Agbor man, and not a Bini inferiority complex plaqued One. Deal with it.

You are doing a great Job. i am yet to see or hear a very strong argument from these people who deny were they are from. with all these arguments, the best they can come up with is that we should allow people to decide whether to be Igbo or not. the truth is that no matter how you want to change or distort just because of the actions of a few in 66' a leopard cannot change its spot. like i said earlier ,its like the Dominicans who have an Afro hair,dark skin and claims not to be African. you cannot change who you are.

3 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by Emilokoiyawon: 2:44am On Mar 19, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by olaitoro(m): 6:46am On Mar 19, 2019
pazienza:
=nineone

"Agbor appears to be the cradle of the Ika dialects and the cradle of Igbo heroes"- Iduwe

Book is worth reading many times than irrational distortions that claim that a people who migrated from Bini and were never conquered by Ndiigbo, neither do they share boundary with Igbos, magically threw away their Edoid language and became Igbo speaking, when Udekeme and Epie people that are in Far away Rivers state surrounded by Ijaw speakers still retained their Edoid language, while an Ika that is next door to Edo mystically transformed to an Igboid language.

Nwoke Ike I wu agu, that guy ninone is a drowning fellow.
You have done a good job so far by educating him.

Thumbs up

5 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by YorubaBigot: 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2019
Samcent:
I do not understand why our close ethnic neighbor want to annex the smaller ethnic groups by force.

I have Igbos as friends both in church and in the community, they do not see the Ika man as Igbo just as the Ika man knows that he is not Igbo.

There is no need for any round table talk to agree on anything. All we need is respect for each other.
you are foolishly ignorant, no apologies

Denying that ika are not Igbo is denying that samcent is not ignorantly foolish

3 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by Samcent: 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2019
YorubaBigot:
you are foolishly ignorant, no apologies

Denying that ika are not Igbo is denying that samcent is not ignorantly foolish
It's ok. You don't have to accept my view and I am not demanding any apologies from you.
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by RedboneSmith(m): 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
DMerciful:
From Ika, i belong to the Igbo ethnic group.
Delta Igbos are a peculiar case with location in South south, NIger Delta, Biafra(artificially created).The ancestry of the Ikas is traced majorly to Umuleri in SE.

The boldened is nonsense, and you are not from Ika.

The OP too is most probably not from Ika either.

2 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by RedboneSmith(m): 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Please for posterity sake and to voice out the truth....Igboland ends in Niger and across aren't igbos but benins ethnic xtraction

I have researched and realised that there is no single igbo there.

Don't be deceived.

If indeed you have researched you will know that Anioma does not claim uniform Benin extraction. There are people there who claim Igala extraction and in fact many who claim Igbo (especially Nri-Awka area) extraction. Plus minor groups here and there who claim Yoruba and Itsekiri.

1 Like

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by RedboneSmith(m): 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
nineone:

C'mon now. From the book's diction, grammar and structure, it was clearly written by a poorly educated man such as Chief Iduuwe was. Onwuejeogwu was a university academic and wrote far better English than what appears in Iduuwe's manuscript.

1 Like

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by DMerciful(m): 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
Since you know everyone from Ika then suit yourself!
RedboneSmith:

The boldened is nonsense, and you are not from Ika.

The OP too is most properly not from Ika either.
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by RedboneSmith(m): 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2019
DMerciful:
Since you know everyone from Ika then suit yourself!

I think you can do better than this weak comeback.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oba Joel Sunday Daodu Kidnapped In Ondo / Games You Played As A Child? / Alaafin Of Oyo Awards Aregbesola Title Of Omoluabi Of Yorubaland (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.