Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde (13143 Views)

Attend Tribunal To Show Support For Atiku, Dino Melaye Tells Makinde(Pics,Video) / Stop Acting As Wike’s Aide, APC Tells Makinde / Congress Fallout: APC Shocks Tinubu, Ajimobi, Kwankwaso, Dogara, Amaechi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by lanrock(m): 5:15pm On Mar 14, 2019
Ajimobi old enough to father Seyi. Besides Seyi will understand better wen he assumes office
TonyeBarcanista:
Constituted Authority has suddenly become the Chief Adviser to Seyi Makinde

1 Like

Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:17pm On Mar 14, 2019
berbs:

Yeye dey smell cheesy
Him just de famz Seyi
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:19pm On Mar 14, 2019
lanrock:
Ajimobi old enough to father Seyi. Besides Seyi will understand better wen he assumes office
How can a 69 years old Ajimobi father a 51 Years old Seyi Makinde?

How?
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by emmasege: 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2019
Excaperx:
Good advised
R.I.P. to Queen Elizabeth's language.
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by omoagbeke(m): 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2019
He simply means beware of Yinka Ayefele grin
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by deewhydoski(m): 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

How?
Ajimobi is not 69yrs oo
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by deewhydoski(m): 5:28pm On Mar 14, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

How?
Ajimobi is not up to 69yrs oo
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2019
deewhydoski:
Funny!

Ajimobi is 69 Years! He was elected Governor @61!
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by lanrock(m): 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2019
Get fact pls, APC didn't fail in oyo state because Ajimobi didn't perform. Rather APC fails in Oyo state because of Ajimobi's bad mouth
truthstands20:
See adviser..... Abeg advise yourself first. If you have so much wisdom, how come you failed woefully as a governor? Makinde is monitoring every single transfer you are making from now to 29th May 2019.
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by Organs(m): 5:30pm On Mar 14, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
embarassed see use your brain.

olagbola45:

use your brain Mr man u part of those he is saying

he fail and he learn his lesson so. telling him is not bad but people like you will come here in 2years time to curse d same Man

b wise bro

lanrock:

You are the one that has refused to use your brain. @TonyeBarcanista is right. Why didn't he use the advice he is giving now? He failed woefully, that was why he lost the Sinatorial as well and hios party lost. Part of our problem in Nigeria is we still accommodate failures because folks like you believe its by seniority or age or experience of failure. That is why we still have OBJ, IBB, David Mark, Buhari, and all the failures of the past still involved in our politics. We all need to learn to be frank and truthful to these fools that sees themselves as "Lords". If i were the Governor, I swear, i will tell him point and blank that i respect his office as the Governor and my predecessor and that i came to greet him in respect of his office and for a unity government but as per advice, he should keep his advice to himself and that i don't need any advice from him unless he is willing and ready to admit where he failed and advising me not to follow the same path. That is the only advice i will listen to cos he is sincere, he is admitting failure and i will listen.
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by lanrock(m): 5:32pm On Mar 14, 2019
U mean 18 yrs old boy cannot be a father abi. Pls come to north
deewhydoski:

Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by ademijuwonlo(f): 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2019
Constituted authority is trying hard to butter Makinde up so that he won't be probed when he leaves office
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by lanrock(m): 6:02pm On Mar 14, 2019
May I knw ur definition of failure. Absolutely u knw nothing abt oyo policies. I pray makinde succeed as a Gov.
Organs:

You are the one that has refused to use your brain. @TonyeBarcanista is right. Why didn't he use the advice he is giving now? He failed woefully, that was why he lost the Sinatorial as well and hios party lost. Part of our problem in Nigeria is we still accommodate failures because folks like you believe its by seniority or age or experience of failure. That is why we still have OBJ, IBB, David Mark, Buhari, and all the failures of the past still involved in our politics. We all need to learn to be frank and truthful to these fools that sees themselves as "Lords". If i were the Governor, I swear, i will tell him point and blank that i respect his office as the Governor and my predecessor and that i came to greet him in respect of his office and for a unity government but as per advice, he should keep his advice to himself and that i don't need any advice from him unless he is willing and ready to admit where he failed and advising me not to follow the same path. That is the only advice i will listen to cos he is sincere, he is admitting failure and i will listen.

Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by lanrock(m): 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2019
U mean 18 yrs old boy can never a father or what?
TonyeBarcanista:

How?
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by yorubaboiy: 6:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
Organs:

Dont say e didnt perform.....e actually did.....just that we are blinded hatred caused by his arrogance nd badmouthing

Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by berbs: 6:23pm On Mar 14, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
Him just de famz Seyi
Seyi should also be wary of Ajimobi.... Talk Gecko lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by soothsayer2: 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2019
Is he not older and more experienced than Seyi?

Not by age bro, his so called experience and age did not transcend to any meaningful development or came to bear in managing the affairs of the state. Someone who cannot address an ordinary student's protest?

1 Like

Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by raumdeuter: 6:31pm On Mar 14, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
How?

An 18yr old can father a child

Phil Foden that plays for Man City is currently 18yr old and I read last month that he had a child
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by Organs(m): 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2019
lanrock:
May I knw ur definition of failure. Absolutely u knw nothing abt oyo policies. I pray makinde succeed as a Gov.

[quote author=yorubaboiy post=76657459][/quote]

True, i dont know much about OYO politics, however, El Rufai with his bad mouth and Muslim muslim ticket won in Kaduna cos of his performance period. The same when he was in FCT, no matter how you may want to hate him, he is a performer. Now in Lagos, Fashola's first time was A++, Jagaband couldn't do to him what he did to Ambode, if Fashola had moved to another party after his first term, (not second) he wouldve won easily and Tinubu knew it. So, if Ajimobi had done well, he wouldve won Senatorial seat and APC wouldve won Oyo, unless ofcourse Oyo's are ungrateful and do not like development.
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by shugabasbn: 7:00pm On Mar 14, 2019
The way OYO people are condemning Ajimobi for his strong and stand face on some issues they will soon learn that the guy is really tried for them. I wish the guy from APC have won not because of his party but because he didn't have strong affinity with who is who in Oyo that can drive him back especially their 3 strong OBAs, Alaafin, Olubadan n Soun
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by hush15: 7:16pm On Mar 14, 2019
sophsia62:

Oyo State Governor Abiola Ajimobi has admonished Seyi Makinde, the governor-elect to be wary of praise singers, avoid acrimony and make a frantic effort to leverage on relationships.

The governor gave the advice when he received Makinde, of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Thursday at the government house in Ibadan.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the governor-elect led his deputy, Mr Rauf Olaniyan, and several other members of his team on the courtesy call.

Ajimobi, of the All Progressives Congress (APC), urged the governor-elect to leverage on his relationships, commending him for his noble move.

“You must beware of praise-singers and avoid acrimony. It is also better to leverage on relationships. I know you as a man of peace.

“You have started with a very good spirit. I want you to encourage inclusiveness and accommodate those you know can add value to your government and the state,” he said.

Ajimobi commended Makinde for initiating the noble gesture of visiting, imploring him to form an all-inclusive government with quality people.

The governor urged him to accommodate other people in the state that could add value, rather than party members alone.

Ajimobi assured Makinde of his readiness to render useful advice and support to him when necessary.

“It is good that we have moved the state to a civil level. We thank God that the electioneering campaign was devoid of disparaging comments and accusation.

“We have achieved, and may the Almighty God grant you the wisdom to also achieve the best. We want you to leverage on our achievement and improve upon those we are yet to achieve.

“The most paramount thing is to leverage on our achievement and we will support him to achieve. All we want is the development and progress of the state,” he said.

Earlier, Makinde said his visit was necessary to tap from the governor’s wealth of experience and seek his assistance for the serious work of governance

He promised to give his best at sustaining their shared vision toward a prosperous Oyo State where justice and equity prevail.

“Our state is dear to us all. You have done your part and done your best. We will still continue to relate very well towards building a state where fairness and equity will prevail,” he said.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/be-wary-of-praise-singers-ajimobi-tells.html

I hope people begin to see the hypocrisy of APC. This is a man who would never work with anything PDP making this blasphemous comment:
"
“You must beware of praise-singers and avoid acrimony. It is also better to leverage on relationships. I know you as a man of peace.

“You have started with a very good spirit. I want you to encourage inclusiveness and accommodate those you know can add value to your government and the state,” he said.

Ajimobi commended Makinde for initiating the noble gesture of visiting, imploring him to form an all-inclusive government with quality people.

The governor urged him to accommodate other people in the state that could add value, rather than party members alone."

Now he talks about inclusiveness. If not because the table has turned and he talks about inclusiveness, for a party that went straight to use efcc to hunt his opponents son in law and associates.

For the records, I say it again, PDP will always be a better party because of the quality of people they bring to the table. People who understand that when push comes to shove, it's always best to remain humane.
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by DavSagacity(m): 7:22pm On Mar 14, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
He's using style to tell am say Na Praise singers cause him downfall politically.

1 Like

Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by BABANGBALI: 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2019
Las las him eye clear
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2019
senatepresido:
The governor urged him to accommodate other people in the state that could add value, rather than party members alone.

just like he did it during his time ba... yeye
He actually did that during his first term. His commissioner of information then was Taiwo Otegbeye from Action Alliance.
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by Maydfourth: 9:37pm On Mar 14, 2019
Hpraise singers like the ones that sent you to political oblivion...MAKINDE knows better...We don't need ur advice ...You are a failure Akanji Oko Florence....
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 15, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

He did well with that patriotic advise.

If he continues that way, he might earn a good name for himself before handover date.
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by olawonder(m): 12:50pm On Mar 15, 2019
Take advice from a loser at your own risk... you know what your fate is afterwards.
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by Marjoribanks: 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2019
shugabasbn:
The way OYO people are condemning Ajimobi for his strong and stand face on some issues they will soon learn that the guy is really tried for them. I wish the guy from APC have won not because of his party but because he didn't have strong affinity with who is who in Oyo that can drive him back especially their 3 strong OBAs, Alaafin, Olubadan n Soun
Ajimobi that does not have affinity with the 3 Ibadan could not:
manage ordinary LAUTHECT, promoted civil servants on paper without paying them the increased bonus. No gratuity for civil servants since 2013. Collecting 3000 naira per student yet owing salaries at all levels. Buying cars for his appointed Obas yet his workers live in penury, who does that.
He maintained peace my foot na him dey Carry gun chase Armed Robbers.
Eleweomo's death brought peace to Oyo State coupled with the locking up of Auxiliary which was done by Teslim Folarin. Abeg save me that crap.
He only goes for projects that will bring money to his pockets. Anybody that commends a politician for building roads and bridges without comparing and contrasting the actual project cost to the inflated figure is a FOOL.
Re: Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde by Marjoribanks: 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2019
Jaymaxxy:

He actually did that during his first term. His commissioner of information then was Taiwo Otegbeye from Action Alliance.
If u are from Oyo State you should know why he appointed Taiwo Otegbeye? It wasn't because he wanted to. He did that to protect his mandate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insecurity: Terrorists Suffering Heavy Casualties From Military - Lai Mohammed / Leave PDP, Stand With Tinubu — Fani-Kayode Tells Wike / Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.