Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

What Would Happen If You Only Read Books By Authors You Know? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Would Happen If You Only Read Books By Authors You Know? (899 Views)

Dizzy Angel And Other Books By Gracy Ukala (formerly Osifo) / Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Happen If You Only Read Books By Authors You Know? by tunit38: 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2010
To be honest, I’m not quite certain. But what I do know is:
If we only look west, we’ll never see the sun rise.
If we travel only familiar roads, we’ll never find ourselves anyplace new.
And if we stare out the same window, the view will never change.
Sure, a big red fire truck (complete with blaring siren) might speed by once in a while but much will remain the same.

My name is Tunde Sule and I offer you my first book, a collection of 10 subtly linked short stories titled ‘Half This, Half That’. I will upload each in seperate posts and hope you’ll enjoy reading every bit of it as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

Thank you.

Tunde Sule.
t_unit38@yahoo.com
Re: What Would Happen If You Only Read Books By Authors You Know? by vescucci(m): 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2010
Now that's a way to get one interested. I like you already, Mr. Sule
Re: What Would Happen If You Only Read Books By Authors You Know? by vescucci(m): 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2010
I forgot to add, though I've not read your stories yet, aren't you interested in making money for your troubles?
Re: What Would Happen If You Only Read Books By Authors You Know? by MyJoe: 6:35pm On Sep 03, 2010
vescucci:

Now that's a way to get one interested. I like you already, Mr. Sule
I share these sentiments.
Re: What Would Happen If You Only Read Books By Authors You Know? by tunit38: 9:17am On Sep 10, 2010
@ vessuci,
Thanks for your comment. The book is actually in production as we speak. expecting the first print of 500 copies by end of september and will distribute through major bookstores in Lagos. (will post details once i finalize terms).
Didn't get a publisher, so i decided to fly solo.
My plan is to post the stories over a stretch of time- depending on feedback .
once again thanks

(1) (Reply)

If love had mouth... saw these quotes somewhere.. / Do Nigerians Have A Healthy Reading Culture? / May Your Road Be Rough!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.