Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,015 members, 7,806,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Car Break Light Refused To Go Off - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Break Light Refused To Go Off (1741 Views)

Please Help! My Car Break Makes A Lot Of Noise / My Car Break / Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by Promxy94(m): 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2019
Please what could be the problem, my car break light refused to off, even after parking the car and turning it off just noticed it this night as I came back.

I have to disconnect battery terminal to off it.

Re: Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by mayor2013: 12:07am On Mar 15, 2019
Is it a caterpillar. Check your brake switch located at the brake pedal
Re: Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by larrixauto2017(m): 12:35am On Mar 15, 2019
Promxy94:
Please what could be the problem, my car break light refused to off, even after parking the car and turning it off just noticed it this night as I came back.

What type of vehicle is it? the brake light refuse to go off so many things can be the cause e.g 1)bad brake switch 2)cut brake fuse 3)brake switch circuit broken e.t.c that can be the cause, let the car be diagnose buy an auto technician
Re: Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by Promxy94(m): 4:47am On Mar 15, 2019
larrixauto2017:
What type of vehicle is it? the brake light refuse to go off so many things can be the cause e.g 1)bad brake switch 2)cut brake fuse 3)brake switch circuit broken e.t.c that can be the cause, let the car be diagnose buy an auto technician

Camry 2001
Re: Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by larrixauto2017(m): 6:26am On Mar 15, 2019
Promxy94:

Camry 2001
Re: Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by larrixauto2017(m): 6:30am On Mar 15, 2019
Promxy94:

Camry 2001
sir go and check the brake switch it is the one responsible for the on and off of the car brake light. The brake switch itself is the major problem there it is located under the brake pedal
Re: Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by Promxy94(m): 6:39am On Mar 15, 2019
larrixauto2017:
sir go and check the brake switch it is the one responsible for the on and off of the car brake light. The brake switch itself is the major problem there it is located under the brake pedal
Thanks sir will do that this morning
Re: Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by larrixauto2017(m): 6:43am On Mar 15, 2019
Promxy94:
Thanks sir will do that this morning
ok
Re: Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by timifakay(m): 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2019
Promxy94:

If that light on the spoiler is the only one that stayed on, then you might need new bulbs as you should have 3 brake lamps...
As people before me said, check out the brake switch and also check all your bulbs are working.

1 Like

Re: Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by sultaan(m): 3:25am On Mar 16, 2019
On the floor well of driver seat look around the floor mat and you will see pieces if plastic like back end of a bic pen. It might be black. That should have broken off the upper part of your break pedal

That blue plastic usually disintegrate first

3 Likes

Re: Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by 3kay945(m): 8:32pm On Mar 16, 2019
grin this had happened to me before. The rewire charged me 2500. I said no problem, the dude put his hand under the brake pedal surrounding. In less than 180sec. It was done.

wink
I declined paying that amount though. Since then I stopped patronising him.
Re: Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by ebube89(f): 9:09am On Jun 02, 2019
sultaan:
On the floor well of driver seat look around the floor mat and you will see pieces if plastic like back end of a bic pen. It might be black. That should have broken off the upper part of your break pedal

That blue plastic usually disintegrate first
please how does one solve this situation den. I'm passing thru dis exact description
Re: Car Break Light Refused To Go Off by Besto(m): 10:44am On Jun 02, 2019
3kay945:
grin this had happened to me before. The rewire charged me 2500. I said no problem, the dude put his hand under the brake pedal surrounding. In less than 180sec. It was done.

wink
I declined paying that amount though. Since then I stopped patronising him.

Lmaoooo. Happened to me too just that mine was smart enough to take my switch and do kukere walker and get back with still same switch telling me switch plus workmanship 2500. We parted ways with 1k.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can I Get Car....peugeot 206 / Between Honda Accord 2001 And Toyota Camry 2001 Which One Is A Better Car? / Scan Your Ride: 'MALFUNCTION INDICATOR (service/check Engine) Light Pops Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.