Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 (21756 Views)

Valencia Vs Arsenal: Europa League Semi-Finals (2 - 4) On 9th May 2019 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by luvola(m): 12:59am On Mar 15, 2019
Virgil van Dijk insists Liverpool's players are refusing to contemplate a Premier League-Champions League double, as they know one stumble could derail that dream.
It was impossible for the Netherlands international to disagree with the suggestion that Jurgen Klopp's side could win both competitions, but he stressed that lifting trophies could not be further from their minds at present.
Liverpool lead the Premier League by two points from Manchester City, who have a match in hand, and host Porto at Anfield on Tuesday (kick-off 8pm) in the first leg of a favourable Champions League quarter-final draw.
"We are still in the race, so it's possible. But I think it's still a bit too far to think about it," said Van Dijk, when asked about any potential double.
Sadio Mane scores during Liverpool's 5-0 win over Porto last season
"We have to take it game by game. We know in the Premier League any points dropped or slip-up can end our title dreams.
"That's the same for them (City), so the only thing we can do is just keep going. The only thing we can do is focus ahead of us, first Porto and after that Chelsea. It's the only way we should think.
How to follow game?
Access minute-by-minute commentary with us from Anfield at 6pm on Tuesday. Kick-off at 8pm.
"I don't think there's any time for slip-ups in the Champions League either. Porto are at this stage as they deserve to be, they are going to be coming for revenge as well.
"We just need to keep doing what we have been doing all season; playing well, defending well and enjoying every bit of it as well."
Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool are 'on fire' as they continue their pursuit of the Premier League title and Champions League success
The way Liverpool's season has panned out, with just one defeat in 33 league matches and a number of late goals keeping their title challenge on track, has led to suggestions they are destined to finally end their long wait for a domestic title.
Victory at Southampton - secured with two goals in the last 10 minutes - coupled with Arsenal's defeat at Everton - ensured Klopp's side are already guaranteed a return to the Champions League.
Porto have failed to win any of their last 12 away knockout games in the Champions League - losing eight - since a 1-0 victory at Deportivo La Coruna back in May 2004.
Mohamed Salah in the home tie with Porto in last season's Champions League
Indeed, the Portuguese side went on to win the trophy during that campaign under manager Jose Mourinho.
But Van Dijk rejected suggestions that should ease the pressure in Europe.
"We should play with freedom anyway, also in the Premier League, because otherwise we can't show our qualities properly," he added.
"But it's game by game. Tomorrow will be a big game because hopefully we set a base to take to Porto, we know how tough it can be over there."
Highlights from Liverpool's 3-1 win at Southampton in the Premier League
Team news
Liverpool will be without suspended left-back Andy Robertson against Porto, who were beaten 5-0 at home when the two teams met in the last 16 last season
Midfielder James Milner is expected to deputise as although Alberto Moreno is Klopp's other option, the Spaniard has not featured since early January.
Adam Lallana is a doubt with a minor muscle injury which forced him to miss Friday's win at Southampton.
Alex Telles, right, could miss the first leg at Anfield on Tuesday
Porto have problems of their own, with injuries and suspensions leaving them with only 16 available outfield players.
Former Real Madrid defender Pepe is suspended, while captain Hector Herrera was booked against Roma meaning he too is banned for the first leg.
Left-back Alex Telles faces a fitness test after complaining about a bursitis in his right hip.
Liverpool v Porto is part of Tuesday's Super 6 game. Head here to chose your scores for the chance to win £250k!
Opta stats
Charlie's prediction
Liverpool are doing the business collectively. Everyone is saying this is a cracking draw for them. At Anfield, they are creating a big noise at the moment and are getting results. I think this is another one of those nights and the Anfield crowd will spur them on.
Charlie Nicholas says the return to form of Roberto Firmino has aided Salah
Mohamed Salah got a much-needed goal on Friday, but he has not been playing that well. Any player in any position can be out of form and he started to rush things. He never went away Salah, he just had not been scoring. Roberto Firmino is returning to form too.
Also See:
It will not be as easy as some people will think. I think a 2-0 result is a comfortable first-leg scoreline and will put them through in the end.
Charlie predicts: 2-0 ()
Popular In the Community Liverpool vs Porto preview
Winners play either Barcelona or Manchester United in the Champions League semi-finals

https://www.skysports.com/football/liverpool-vs-fc-porto/preview/406457
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by luvola(m): 7:41am On Apr 09, 2019
Underrate Porto at your own peril.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by Lordjb: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2019
Okay, see my signature below for link to stream the match
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by eastTKBorn: 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2019
cheesy ok na
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by SolelySolar: 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2019
grin
Porto go sha collect grin grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by omoolorire(m): 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2019
Let's go there joooo
Liverpool 2 fc Porto 1
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by luvola(m): 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2019
SolelySolar:
grin
Why are you laughing ?
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by Kyrx(m): 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2019
cool
This month sha too sweet Champions league games here and there, my birthday on 11th, Game of thrones season 8 in 5 days time, Avengers End game in two weeks time, plus I've "unlimited data" to learn a skill or too.

Guys you feel me??

Juventus for the Cup
Liverpool for the win tonight

For your insanely shocked cheap MTN data check my signature

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by TwoBottles: 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2019
3:0 fulltime

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by SolelySolar: 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2019
luvola:
Why are you laughing ?

We are taking them to the slaughter slab na

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by Ebooksman2019(m): 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2019
Easy win for Liverpool Check my signature for to get online business paying ebooks

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by Lordthruce: 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2019
We know you will walk alone today
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2019
Will Gotv show this?
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by sukerefakere(m): 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2019
BTS & U 1.5

Or

Goalless Win for Porto
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by ckmayoca: 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2019
good luck to both of em. barca waiting....
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by Daretee: 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2019
G
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by foxriver8: 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2019
We will beat them. Up the reds!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by AntiZombie: 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2019
ckmayoca:
good luck to both of em. barca waiting....

Hmm

Thank God dembele made the team

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by sawdi: 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2019
Please those with links to stream it when it starts don't forget to drop am abeg
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by tstx(m): 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2019
Choi....

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by thesolutions(m): 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2019
4:1
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by emeijeh(m): 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2019
Liverpool to the semis
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by PureMind2: 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2019
Okay check my signature
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by purplekayc(m): 6:59pm On Apr 09, 2019
2:1
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by adaksbullet: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
am seen messi and debele distroying these liverfool tonight

up portocheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by tunjex2006(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
Liverpool fc 4 vs Porto 0
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by srijan000: 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
Liverpool wont win anything

OPERATION YOU MUST NOT BE SINGLE BY THIS EASTER. LET'S HELP YOU TO CONNECT WITH YOUR TRUE LOVE NOW!

Love is something different. Love is sweet, infact, true Love is the sweetest thing ever and even God almighty himself is Love!

Two Things You Don't Fight For; True Love and A True Friend
Love and Friendship are the touchstones of our lives, they define who we are and so when you truly love someone, to hell with butterfly in the tummy, you feel the whole zoo when you are with that person!

Until you meet someone you are scared to cheat on, you have no idea what being "IN LOVE" means!

YOU READY TO MAKE THIS APRIL MONTH OF TRUE LOVE?

Ready to meet that special one that makes you feel the ‘whole zoo’ in your tummy?

Just sign up o the website you with you details, message the Admin on Telegram or whatsapp and once your details are verified, connecting starts immediately

NOTE THIS: If you are not ready for serious relationship, if you are looking for 2nd wife, if you are looking for sugar mummy, sugar daddy or sugar baby, if you are a married man or woman looking for 'sarawagba' (we have chased out and embarrassed over 30 married men from the platform so far) and if you are not ready to register to verify your details. PLEASE DONT BOTHER JOINING BECAUSE WE DONT WANT OR ACCEPT ANYONE OR ANYTHING THAT WOULD PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY AFFECT THE WELL BEING OF OUR DEAR MEMBERS!

ALSO NOTE that the couple that met and got married on our platform last year are waxing strong in their marriage and so, we want so many marriages and serious relationship consummated this very year!

Signup, registration and membership absolutely free

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? START YOUR TRUE LOVE CONNECTION NOW
Re: Liverpool Vs Porto: UCL Quarter Finals (2 - 0) On 9th April 2019 by Cleanpoo(m): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2019
The final score will be
Liverpool 4- Porto 1..
I have spoken..!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Will Win The 2017/2018 Premier League Title? / Anderlecht Vs Arsenal : UCL (1 - 2) - Live / West Ham Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.