Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country (43214 Views)

Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada / Is KUWAIT A Better Place In Terms Of Hustling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by talkme(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2019
death rate high in African than Yankee. 9ja no be am again, hustle is our culture. HYPOCRITE everywhere in 9ja. No light, no water, high rent rate, poor school, outdated education system, rich getting richer, medical system messed up. The list keep going. God bless my hustle i carry on from 9ja. Make the money and invest in 9ja thats all.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by franchasng: 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hadampson:
Racial Discrimination

Here, what we meant by racial discrimination is just that most of the foreign countries there are always a differentiation between the black and the White people (Nigerian and foreigners) and they give priority most to their white people.
You can never see why a Nigerian will be their Director general or even heading the uniform officers. While sort of things are not happening in Nigeria once you have citizen certificate and you're qualify for the post you would be given/select. But eyinbo people always consider their children for a professional job than giving it out to a Nigerian, so you rarely secure a good professional job in foreign country except for maid, servant and domestic workers.
Tribalism, ethnicism and religious discrimination in Nigeria is worst than racism anywhere in the world.

Why is Buhari favoring Hausa-Fulani today while maltreating Igbos and other minor tribes like Idoma, Birom, Ijaw, etc

If Nigeria's President can be a hard heartened wicked tribalist, why then do u still have the gut to talk about racism in foreign nations

Tribal-eligious discrimination is worst and more dangerous than racism, NEXT!!! angry

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by manikspears: 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hadampson:
Racial Discrimination

Here, what we meant by racial discrimination is just that most of the foreign countries there are always a differentiation between the black and the White people (Nigerian and foreigners) and they give priority most to their white people.
You can never see why a Nigerian will be their Director general or even heading the uniform officers. While sort of things are not happening in Nigeria once you have citizen certificate and you're qualify for the post you would be given/select. But eyinbo people always consider their children for a professional job than giving it out to a Nigerian, so you rarely secure a good professional job in foreign country except for maid, servant and domestic workers.

Lol, what happened to tribalism and bigots. This your number 1 no work o

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by YungLasaint(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2019
queengift:

I prefer to pay tax and enjoy good life, constant light, free health care, free education for my kids. unlike not paying tax and much on fueling my generator, paying much for education, can't access good health, and so many other things.
grin
queengift:

I prefer to pay tax and enjoy good life, constant light, free health care, free education for my kids. unlike not paying tax and much on fueling my generator, paying much for education, can't access good health, and so many other things.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by manikspears: 5:28pm On Mar 15, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

In foreign countries you see your tax in action. In Niggeria can you name one thi g you enjoy from your taxes

Yes!!! We all saw the house our Lagos tax got mercy aigbe grin .
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Hadampson(m): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2019
olioxx:
Bro Hadampson, there are different type of foreign countries, if you mean the likes of Ghana, Kenya, SA or even Tanzania, then I will say you might be right, but if you are telling me that Nigeria is better than Norway, Switzerland, Australia or Germany then I will say that this post is #inconclusive.

I just dey have fun.. I only shared the post here to get over my boredom because i know nairalanders must comment on this type of post cheesy

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by YungLasaint(m): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2019
[/quote]
franchasng:
Tribalism, ethnicism and religious discrimination in Nigeria is worst than racism anywhere in the world.

Why is Buhari favoring Hausa-Fulani today while maltreating Igbos and other minor tribes like Idoma, Birom, Ijaw, etc

If Nigeria's President can be a tribalistic, why then do u still have the gut to talk about racism in foreign nations

Tribal-eligious discrimination is worst and more dangerous than racism, NEXT!!! angry
[quote author=franchasng post=76685793]Tribalism, ethnicism and religious discrimination in Nigeria is worst than racism anywhere in the world.

If Nigeria's President can be a tribalistic, why then do u still have the gut to talk about racism in foreign nations

franchasng:

Like eh outside Nigeria better at least it not yurs country but the worst is it still happen in your own country..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by franchasng: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hadampson:
Tax Levy differences

There is heavy taxation in foreign country compares to Nigeria. It is not easy for a common person to accumulate wealth. The more richer you become, the more tax you pay. That's why you see all this footballers running from one team to another.

Its a must for you to pay tax if you relocate to US, even its a big offense for you to owe tax. They may jail you for not paying tax but in Nigeria, tax levy has limit

For your info, Nigerians pay the highest tax all over the world!

A Nigerian pays for:

1.) His own water
2.) His own electricity (generator)
3.) Security (local vigilante + house may-guard)
4.) Maintenance of his road yet no good road
5.) Land use fee

Yet government collects money generated from mineral resources found in Nigerian soils and use it for their personal and family affair without questioning.

Question them and their tribesmen and religious people will come after you with sword!

So what other tax are you talking about

Nigeria is a failed nation!

I wonder why white people haven't come to take over Nigeria because if I were them, I will come and re-colonize Nigeria again and heaven won't fall. In fact majority of Nigerians will support white people if they come to take over Nigeria again; I personally will give them all the support they need to take over Nigeria. Travel round Nigeria, everywhere is a total mess including Aso Rock villa, failed country! sad

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Hadampson(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2019
vickertony:
@Hadampson
you wrote all these stuff but b]you are trying & planning to travel to Germany,[/b] I see your comments.
Why do you want to travel?

Isn't better you stay back in this Heaven called Nigeria?

Lol.. Seems like you don't know me. I only shared this post to get over my boredom boss.

@emboldened, yes am planning to go back to my country... Ich bin ein deutscher junge grin
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Nature8(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hadampson:
So Amazingly, there are ways Nigeria is better than foreign country. But most people think foreign is a best home, which is totally wrong.

Below are 6 genuine reason why Nigeria is a better place to live than foreign.

Immigration law

Racial discrimination

Custom and Culture differences

Freedom of speech and movement

Tax levy differences.

Security threat to non indigene.

[img]asorockm.jpeg[/img]

In case you're thinking of relocating from Nigeria to Foreign country, as a Nigerian i want you to consider the following points of view before taking any steps.

Though, am not discouraging you from achieving your dream but I'd like to share you some reasonable point which is very crucial to your well-being. But before i dash into the main point let me quickly share you some experience.
I was with my lecturer one day, he told me there's a time he was hired as a visiting lecturer in USA.

As he was about going back from lecture hall to his room at the hotel he lodged to, someone came across his way and greeted him very well. In appearance he dress like a road scrubber but he is a Nigerian, the person told him he's one of his students then in university of Ilorin.

Without wasting time the lecturer asked him never to greet him again. Saying "you're a type that useless Nigerian certificate in foreign country, it is better for to work as conductor serving your country than serving eyinbo"
In your own view what did you think about the short story, the professor feel him self?
Quietly No, he's just trying to encourage the young man to always value the resources God gave him (Certificate)

Imagine, have you ever see oyinbo people doing this type of job in Nigeria. This is so ridiculous..

So now I'm going to give full details on the aforementioned point above; why Nigeria is a better place to live than foreign country

http://www.dailyggists.com.ng/2019/03/6-reason-why-nigeria-is-better-place-to.html?m=1

Your points are as useless as AY in OKAY..

I prefer relocating to a foreign country than Nigeria... My bro that works as an ordinary cook in Spain is earning 3k pounds a month after tax, which is 1.260million in Naira plus small small money people dey dash him.. Now tell me, can you get that kind of amount of money here in Nigeria as a graduate every month in a big company?

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Fhemmmy: 5:39pm On Mar 15, 2019
Did i see freedom of speech up there? Tell a Senator that he is an idiot to his face and come back to tell me what happened

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Oskydaniellyyy: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2019
seanswitch:
If you have a billionaire mind-set, please don't travel. It's easier to "blow" here. There it's just an average life.

How many millionaires dey Naija . I think people are not well informed in this country oo.

Not up to 5 million Nigerians living abroad remitted over 27 billion dollars to Nigeria economy.

Nigeria is a third world country and that is why we think like one .

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by achu442(m): 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2019
seanswitch:
If you have a billionaire mind-set, please don't travel. It's easier to "blow" here. There it's just an average life.

Not true sir..... So why are millions leaving everyday?
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by tex73: 5:46pm On Mar 15, 2019
Chances of any of this happening to you is really low, especially here in the US. Make sure you come in with correct documents to stay. Next, it doesn't matter where you live, just mind your business, obey the laws and b peaceful. grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by djon78(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2019
My own take is wherever you find yourself learn to live and adapt there. There are many living in developed foreign country who are not better off than those living in Nigeria. And this has nothing to do with connections, I mean just ordinary hardworking people.

The real truth we must understand is that life ain't easy anywhere, be it US, Canada, Europe etc.

Normally anytime I travel to Abuja I fly, but recently after watching the video of the screaming of those in that ill fated Ethiopian airline crash. I wasn't in the right frame of mind to begin enter any plane.
So I journeyed via road to Abuja.
But this trip was like a tourist journey and eye opener for me.
But I was not happy with the state of roads.
It dawned on me that the elite class have not truly done much for this country.
There is no reason a well nylon Tared super highway connecting the nooks and Cranny's of Nigeria, should not be.

Many think the solution is running away to other countries. Capital no.
We must rightly begin to demand the rights of every Nigerian from the ruling class.
World class infrastructures must be built.
Roads, power, etc. If these things are done, Nigeria's economy will drastically improve.

Take power and roads alone. South Africa with population of 40 million has generation capacity of 40, 000 megawatts of electricity while Nigeria with 200 million population is still grappling with 3000/5000megawatts.
They said fixing Nigeria s electricity alone will push our economy to over 2 trillion dollars because electricity will rub of on industrialization.

We must get it right. A must. I have not even talked about or educational system.
Because a Nation that wants to go forward must upgrade to the standards of developed world.

It is possible in this clime, may God help us.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:54pm On Mar 15, 2019
Still not enough to change my mind.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by ttmax09(m): 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
this is the only concrete Reason
There is no concrete reason in all op said. Won't you prefer to pay tax and enjoy free education, free health care, improved security and all? On the issue of racism, there is racism in nigeria. You not getting what u are supposed to get cos of ur tribal, religion or political affiliation is what.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by nextstep(m): 5:58pm On Mar 15, 2019
OP if I hear...

It's true immigration laws are lax here, but usually foreigners bring investment and often hire Nigerians. I can't say the same of Nigerians living abroad illegally.

High taxes are why the system works. Infrastructure, schools, airports, security... these are paid for by taxes. I would happily pay taxes if I didn't have to sink my own borehole, buy gen, hire may guard , and once in a while "donate" to fix transformer or grade a road. All these things we do are taxes by another name.

Instead of racism, we have tribalism

The only thing I would agree about is culture... but even there, a lot of our "politeness" is just face... we do it because we would be slapped otherwise, not because we really want to. We beat our children and each other too much, it's actually quite sad.

Freedom of speech and movement... try abusing a politician in Nigeria and see if you won't get frog jumped, beaten, and probably hauled to cool off in a cell. Try going to the courts to plead your case, and you will discover really quickly how unjust our system is.

Security Threat to non- indigenes... so all the news about black people being killed by cops in USA is not security threat? Or how about those who were killed while worshipping jejely in Church, Mosque, or Synagogue; or while enjoying a movie or concert... at least in Naija you can predict where and when kasala will burst, so you can start heading home.

I appreciate the post, and I appreciate living in Naija, but omo, our mata dey tire person.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by whizcartel(m): 6:03pm On Mar 15, 2019
On a low that guy might be earning more than the professor in a year or is the professor that paid for his hotel?
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by ikwutasco(m): 6:04pm On Mar 15, 2019
i dont need to read in details but from d list mentioned i totally disagree with u...they are so many countries with friendly culture and others u mentioned. This naija or anoda one?
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by MartinsD12(m): 6:09pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hadampson:
So Amazingly, there are ways Nigeria is better than foreign country. But most people think foreign is a best home, which is totally wrong.

Below are 6 genuine reason why Nigeria is a better place to live than foreign.

Immigration law

Racial discrimination

Custom and Culture differences

Freedom of speech and movement

Tax levy differences.

Security threat to non indigene.

[img]asorockm.jpeg[/img]

In case you're thinking of relocating from Nigeria to Foreign country, as a Nigerian i want you to consider the following points of view before taking any steps.

Though, am not discouraging you from achieving your dream but I'd like to share you some reasonable point which is very crucial to your well-being. But before i dash into the main point let me quickly share you some experience.
I was with my lecturer one day, he told me there's a time he was hired as a visiting lecturer in USA.

As he was about going back from lecture hall to his room at the hotel he lodged to, someone came across his way and greeted him very well. In appearance he dress like a road scrubber but he is a Nigerian, the person told him he's one of his students then in university of Ilorin.

Without wasting time the lecturer asked him never to greet him again. Saying "you're a type that useless Nigerian certificate in foreign country, it is better for to work as conductor serving your country than serving eyinbo"
In your own view what did you think about the short story, the professor feel him self?
Quietly No, he's just trying to encourage the young man to always value the resources God gave him (Certificate)

Imagine, have you ever see oyinbo people doing this type of job in Nigeria. This is so ridiculous..

So now I'm going to give full details on the aforementioned point above; why Nigeria is a better place to live than foreign country

http://www.dailyggists.com.ng/2019/03/6-reason-why-nigeria-is-better-place-to.html?m=1
Myopic write up and absolutely nonsense

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Hadampson(m): 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2019
advocate666:

I think he's trying to console himself for his cancelled visa.

grin grin
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Hadampson(m): 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2019
gentlebullet:
Really?
why have you been learning German day and night? why are you considering learning Finnish? why were you angry when your uncle came from abroad and your parents are not in support he relocate you? hmmmm
why are you considering relocating to kenya? why are you on Tinder vibing with foreign ladies? why were you disappointed when that Belgium based foreign lady blocked you cos you told her you are a Nigerian?

some people just dey funny me for this forum....

Boss, na you dey talk like this. I only shared this post just to get over my boredom.

If na Ibrahimovic303 or AngelicBeing, dem go sabi say hadampson dey play.. I'm just having fun bro cheesy

Wow.. I didn't know people are following me back to back. You know almost everything about me.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by effystrings(m): 6:17pm On Mar 15, 2019
Send me a DM for Guitar Classes, for both Starters and Intermediate players. 08139307934 (whatsapp and calls)
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Hadampson(m): 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2019
vickertony:
@Hadampson
you wrote all these stuff but you are trying & planning to travel to Germany, I see your comments.
Why do you want to travel?

Isn't better you stay back in this Heaven called Nigeria?

God forbid bad thing grin
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by greatfa4(m): 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hadampson:
Racial Discrimination

Racial descrimination is prevalent in Nigeria, just that in Nigeria it is in form of what we call tribalism. So my friend that is not a good reason to prefer living in Nigeria. Yoruba man think he is superior than Igbo man and igbo man also think he is superior than Yoruba man why Hausa or fulani man think he is more superior than anyone. That why if you and fulani or hausa person look for job in the Northern part of Nigeria, the job will be given to fulani or hausa.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by litaninja(m): 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
Beht you're in a state of delusion sha...
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by DigitB: 6:32pm On Mar 15, 2019
This OP no dey think well.

All I need to change my life is: constant electricity, strong internet connection, good schooling environment, good weather and good democracy.

Sadly you can't find any of these in West Africa.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by gentlebullet(m): 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hadampson:

Boss, na you dey talk like this. I only shared this post just to get over my boredom.

If na Ibrahimovic303 or AngelicBeing, dem go sabi say hadampson dey play.. I'm just having fun bro cheesy

Wow.. I didn't know people are following me back to back. You know almost everything about me.
Na so? honestly i was pissed when i saw the thread but i had a rethink when i saw that it was culled from another site and that was why i just drop those bars like i was doing a remix track grin
Nothing do you... las las you go migrate by God's grace! infact go get your Passport ready if you still dey naija for late july/ early august wey i wan launch my 1st ECOWAS road trip tour adventure outfit (from Lagos - Port novo - Cotonou - Lome - Accra - Cape Coast - Takoradi - Abidjan - back to Lagos), You have a FREE seat in the minivan and your accommodation 50% footed too. it will be a 10-day fun packed road trip for 6 participants + driver/tour guide(who happens to be my very self). So na 5 participant go remain now! CHEERS

PM for head ups........

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by freethinker01: 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
The Op Na yahooboy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghastly Motor Accident In Ibadan (Photos, Video) / Meet Amarachi The Graduate Female Keke Rider In Warri, Delta State (video) / My First Time Onboard An Airplane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.