Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic (4738 Views)

Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated / The Zanco Tiny T1, The Smallest Mobile Phone In The World (Photo) / This Guy Stole My Samsung Phone And Never Knew It Backed Up All His Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by EbukaHades10(m): 12:29am On Mar 16, 2019
phemsie:
How did u create this topic, if your phone was stolen??

Just asking...
You sabi

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by aezenkwu(m): 4:34am On Mar 16, 2019
fibonacci2526:

BVN, they can check your BVN via your bank registered SIM.

This is not possible brother. But I would believe is someone used my SIM to buy airtime from my bank. You know it's just straight with no passkey.
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by okooloyun1(m): 4:50am On Mar 16, 2019
My sim is on password and all necessary apps on my phone are either hiden or locked.
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by fibonacci2526: 6:42am On Mar 16, 2019
aezenkwu:

This is not possible brother. But I would believe is someone used my SIM to buy airtime from my bank. You know it's just straight with no passkey.

Oga am telling you what happened to me 3 months ago, all they had access to was my SIM. You can choose to believe it or not.
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by harkandey(m): 7:05am On Mar 16, 2019
eghuan1:

This is the biggest lie police won't tell you about.

Last year my phone was stolen in dolphin estate in Lagos. I took the park and ticket from slot with all the necessary details to police college were I was directed to the unit that does the tracking.

They said it will cost me 20k and that the phone can only be tracked if another sim card is inserted into the phone and its a 50/50 thing.

Phone that I bought for 36k. I just packed my belongings and went to get a new phone at computer village.

Police go just chop your money and they won't do anything

brother i have my own experience too before i said that, my brother phone was stolen and we get it back with that step
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by 1zynnvn(m): 8:14am On Mar 16, 2019
eghuan1:

Last year my phone was stolen in dolphin estate in Lagos. I took the park and ticket from slot with all the necessary details to police college were I was directed to the unit that does the tracking.

They said it will cost me 20k and that the phone can only be tracked if another sim card is inserted into the phone and its a 50/50 thing.

Phone that I bought for 36k. I just packed my belongings and went to get a new phone at computer village.

Network service providers should be able to know the imei of every mobile connected to their system. If so, police should be able to trace it. But then, you are not an important person, why should they
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by ignis: 8:24am On Mar 16, 2019
phemsie:
How did u create this topic, if your phone was stolen??

Just asking...

An African proverb says " When a foolish man asks a question, you will know the level of his foolishness".

So someone cannot access internet when he lost his phone?

Your brain could not think of option of a laptop, other phone or borrowed phone.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Fidelismaria: 8:47am On Mar 16, 2019
ignis:

An African proverb says " When a foolish man asks a question, you will know the level of his foolishness".

Your brain could not think of option of a laptop, other phone or borrowed phone.

grin grin grin

Lolz

You dey mind am

Some mumus they support am up there

Dumb fvcks

3 Likes

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by aezenkwu(m): 10:12am On Mar 16, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Oga am telling you what happened to me 3 months ago, all they had access to was my SIM. You can choose to believe it or not.

Okay bros... Lemmi believe you sir.
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:34am On Mar 16, 2019
ignis:

What's even more disturbing is that there are others who actually have the same reasoning as him on here. The cyberspace is filled with a lot of dimwits.

2 Likes

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
Thukzee01:

e be like u no stay for Nigeria sha

Always prepare for stuff lile this...delete all your alert text on your phone, don't keep too much funds in one single account, let there be a bank accent that you ha e that isn't connected to ATM, Mobile banking etc..just bank.. (this is where the bulk of your savings should be or simply buy t bills or fixed deposit) then keep weekly /monthly spending in another account.. back up all your photos and files regular on Google drive.. register your phone to the find my phone and always install a security app like avast ,Kaspersky etc..

They may,steal the phone but it will be useless and if your plag,your card well, u can retrieve it..

The idiot that took mine has not switch it on, after i was able to call his phone via the SIM card he out in there, I've sent the phone number to the police and Telco operators to see you it was registered to..
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by obojememe: 8:00pm On Mar 16, 2019
aezenkwu:

u did better believe him 100% , cos what he told u 100% correct ...your philosophy is no longer important to them anymore as long as the sim is registered to your bank account they wil have their way and clear the daily limit in your account, they wil continue the next day till the whole money is cleared while u are stil worrying about a missing phone , u wouldn’t be receiving alerts anyway.

i hope someone learn from this thread...block your bank account immediately your phone is missing not lamenting up nd down
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by aezenkwu(m): 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
obojememe:
u did better believe him 100% , cos what he told u 100% correct ...your philosophy is no longer important to them anymore as long as the sim is registered to your bank account they wil have their way and clear the daily limit in your account, they wil continue the next day till the whole money is cleared while u are stil worrying about a missing phone , u wouldn’t be receiving alerts anyway.

i hope someone learn from this thread...block your bank account immediately your phone is missing not lamenting up nd down

Oh thanks I learnt something new. He reminded me of locking my SIM with puk number. I think a stitch in time saves nine... Thanks
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by fibonacci2526: 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2019
obojememe:

I was lucky I registered for email notifications, that literally saved me.
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Nastydroid(m): 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2019
Your debit card last 4 digits is needed for that to take place, what kind of bank are you using
fibonacci2526:

Which password? I didn't activate USSD on my line, so they initiated a fresh ussd on my line.
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by fibonacci2526: 7:25am On Mar 17, 2019
Nastydroid:
Your debit card last 4 digits is needed for that to take place, what kind of bank are you using

It was not needed , am tired of repeating the same thing. All they had access to was my registered SIM.
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Youngsage: 10:56am On Mar 17, 2019
rafhell:
Afonjas at work.
I lost a phone at Obalende during my NYSC days. called the stupid agbero guy that stole it and all his answers were "WHY"

I laughed so hard after reading this grin grin grin grin
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by dunsin125: 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
YoungBlackRico:
What's even more disturbing is that there are others who actually have the same reasoning as him on here. The cyberspace is filled with a lot of dimwits.
��� I was wondering, you hear some stuffs and you begin to wonder how people think in this 21st century yet they blame our leaders
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Ejadike(m): 11:58pm On Mar 17, 2019
aezenkwu:
I don't understand this. How would they withdraw money they don't have passwords for
they'll use your bvn
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Ejadike(m): 12:01am On Mar 18, 2019
eghuan1:

20k for tracking? That's expensive
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by aezenkwu(m): 6:44am On Mar 18, 2019
Ejadike:
they'll use your bvn

BVN on something they don't have passwords for??

Plz this is a jet age and I don't think this will happen oh. I have been asking and wondering how this would happen but no body wanna explain very well. Anyways that's why it must be okay and fine to use private space on your phones where u hide every alerts from your banks.

Another thing is to luck ur sim also cos they won't insert ur sim and start to be using it and they don't know the password yet.

Adonbelivit!!!!!
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by dunsin125: 8:10am On Mar 18, 2019
aezenkwu:

BVN on something they don't have passwords for??

Plz this is a jet age and I don't think this will happen oh. I have been asking and wondering how this would happen but no body wanna explain very well. Anyways that's why it must be okay and fine to use private space on your phones where u hide every alerts from your banks.

Another thing is to luck ur sim also cos they won't insert ur sim and start to be using it and they don't know the password yet.

Adonbelivit!!!!!
how do they think they do it, you will receive alert of money but it won't be credited into your account
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by sureinfo: 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2019
try using 'find my device' to locate your stolen phone
greencard:
Pls even if it almost impossible to get the phone back, how can I block the phone or sim to avoid gaining access to my infos ?
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by greencard: 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2019
rychard:
Few days ago , some pickpockets made away with my phone, phone in my pocket while listening to morning news, they left the earpiece and took the phone ,first thing I did was call my bank to put my account on PND, then went to,block the SIM card. I logged on to find my phone on goggle changed my email password and then wiped the hard drive.

Next, I logged on to my avast phone guard app interface, the app helps secure your phone , it won't turn on if sim card is changed without my input, I can alway track the phpme number of the new sim, lock the phone, open GPS and even take front view camera shot of the thief
this looks like rocket science to me.....and I'm very sure I ain't the only one lost here..lol

for those asking how I create the thread... u wouldn't have heard this if I didn't and I used an iphone to creat it( it was in the bag while the nokia was in my pocket, how them comot am for my pocket, I no know) I had a lot in that phone I feel dazed at it lost
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by aezenkwu(m): 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2019
dunsin125:
how do they think they do it, you will receive alert of money but it won't be credited into your account

This sounds somehow. I don't even understand it. BVN works.i think it works like this when they wanna tag ur account a fraudlent account ,it will connect all the account you are using. So for this I don't agree. With your BVN number someone cannot transfer any funds from your account. They will do a reset then copy the code and change. It could be how it works and adonbelivit
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by shogsman(m): 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2019

Dial *565*0# on your mtn line,you will understand what he's saying.
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by shogsman(m): 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2019
aezenkwu:

This sounds somehow. I don't even understand it. BVN works.i think it works like this when they wanna tag ur account a fraudlent account ,it will connect all the account you are using. So for this I don't agree. With your BVN number someone cannot transfer any funds from your account. They will do a reset then copy the code and change. It could be how it works and adonbelivit

You're wrong,you can transfer money using the last 4 digits of your bvn.
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by adecamp(m): 11:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
obojememe:

Most of those guys work with bankers. One 419 guy once called me, he told me my full name(I mean my first name, middle name and surname. He told me my date of birth(correctly) and then told me there was a mistake when opening my account and he needed to rectify it. He even told me the bank I use. All these shows he got the information from a banker. It was when he asked for my ATM numbers, I knew he was a scammer.
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by aezenkwu(m): 6:17am On Mar 19, 2019
adecamp:

Most of those guys work with bankers. One 419 guy once called me, he told me my full name(I mean my first name, middle name and surname. He told me my date of birth(correctly) and then told me there was a mistake when opening my account and he needed to rectify it. He even told me the bank I use. All these shows he got the information from a banker. It was when he asked for my ATM numbers, I knew he was a scammer.

These are those who lost their work from banks. So they still have same app and all that.

And they can never make any withdraws without ur password. Never in this life they can do that. I have once worked with a bank ICT so I know how all these works too.

Somebody cannot tamper with ur money when he or she doesn't have your password. This is what I'm saying now.

BVN is just something to use to get to know how many banks a particular person banks with and your information too. If they want to catch u same thing they go through ur BVN and tag all ur accounts fraudlent account. This is a way to catch people too.

So no body will tamper with ur money through BVN oh

1 Like

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by fibonacci2526: 7:12am On Mar 19, 2019
aezenkwu:

Yiu keep saying you don't believe it,pray it doesn't happen to you maybe you will believe it then
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Dantedasz(m): 10:41am On Mar 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by aezenkwu(m): 11:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Yiu keep saying you don't believe it,pray it doesn't happen to you maybe you will believe it then

Amen it won't plS. This is why I need how they rob people with BVN so that I will suggest banks too they way they will work on that too... I once worked with bank ICT but all these things they are dying here ain't obtainable.

Before my phone is on u have to put my SIM puk
And password because I'm living in a rugged area too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn Instabinge Data Plan, 1gb For N200, 250mb For N100 / My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) / Free 1G From MTN For 3 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.