Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) (7762 Views)

12 Years With HIV - Lady Marks World AIDS Day (Pictures) / Kebbi Sickle Cell Association (KESCA) Marks World Sickle Cell Day (Photos) / Ambode Marks World Malaria Day In Makoko Slum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by BrandSpurNG: 7:10pm On Mar 15, 2019
Lagos State government today commemorated the World Glaucoma Day with a call on various stakeholders in the health sector to intensify sensitisation campaigns that will stem the scourge of the ailment which ranks second among diseases that cause blindness worldwide.

The Permanent Secretary, Lagos State Ministry of Health, Dr. Titilayo Goncalves, while delivering a public lecture to commemorate the event, noted that the stakeholders – government, donor agencies, eye care institutions and professionals, patients as well as the entire public – have a role to play in tackling the disease.

She said, “if we can provide the needed quality care, join the advocacy task force, subsidise funds for glaucoma patients and if one cannot undertake any of the tasks, one can pray for the much needed scientific breakthrough in discovering a cure for glaucoma”.

Noting that the State Government remains committed to meeting needs of the ophthalmology sector in the Health Ministry, Goncalves revealed that due to the need for increased awareness and knowledge on glaucoma, the government is partnering with eye care professionals to sensitise patients as well as personnel in health institutions about the ailment.

“This year, against all odds, the Lagos State Ministry of Health partnering with Eye care professionals deemed it fit to create public awareness on glaucoma during this global event”, she said.

Dr. Goncalves described glaucoma as “the silent stealer of sight” saying the theme of this year’s event – “Beat Invisible Glaucoma” is designed to intensify the campaign against glaucoma which World Health Organisation statistics reveal accounts for 15% of cases of blindness in Africa.

Speaking in the same vein, Dr. Funmilayo Shokunbi, Director of Medical Administration, Training and Programmes in the Ministry of Health, said the Glaucoma Day public lecture was focussed on keeping the public abreast of current trends in glaucoma treatment and management.

Buttressing her point, she asserted that “With growing globalisation, especially in healthcare, it is imperative that all medical professionals regardless of their cadre are up-to-date with the current knowledge of clinical practice so that patients are given the quality care that they deserve”.

She encouraged citizens, especially those above 40years, to get their eyes examined annually for early detection of glaucoma, assuring that the Ministry of Health will intensify its blindness intervention and prevention programmes.

Present at the event were the Permanent Secretary, Lagos State Health Service Commission, Mr. Segun Adeniji, Medical Directors from State General Hospitals as well as representatives of various associations including of General Medical Practitioners of Nigeria, Optometrist Association of Nigeria and Ophthalmological Society of Nigeria among others.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/03/15/lasg-marks-world-glaucoma-day-pictures/

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by Amuocha: 9:24pm On Mar 15, 2019
Seen.

In some part of Europe, the patients are able to travel by themselves courtesy of good road planning and government support.
Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by iamezekwesiri: 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2019
Kk
Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2019
tongue
Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by uvalentine2003(m): 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2019
kk
Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by coolestchris(m): 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2019
ambode will be giving a big agency to run, ha Buhari knows his loyalist

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by Expensive2000(m): 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2019
i have 5k that am not using tell me what it can do for you....
Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by coolestchris(m): 9:27pm On Mar 15, 2019
Expensive2000:
i have 5k that am not using tell me what it can do for you....
fake

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by iAmViper(m): 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2019
Jagaban state
Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by opalu: 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
Where?
Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by Expensive2000(m): 9:32pm On Mar 15, 2019
coolestchris:
fake
u high?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by manomam: 9:33pm On Mar 15, 2019
Jakande was sentenced to jail just like his boss, Awolowo. But Jakande was crying in the court not because of himself but for Awolowo. When Awolowo saw him, approached him and asked him "why crying for only me..." Jakande replied "I don't mind going to jail and even adding your terms to mine, why South.West, why is it that the only Premier in Nigeria that will be jailed is the Premier of my Region?". Awolowo replied "Dry your tears, God sometimes keep his own away when danger is approaching....
"
And that was what happened! The reason why Nigeria didn't break in 1967 was Obafemi Awolowo. Gowon said "I needed him badly more than I needed the Nigerian Army".....Why? Two reasons;
1. The original rallying point of the Yoruba was Awolowo. If Yoruba supported the break up, no Jupiter can stop it. Therefore, to keep Nigeria one, Awolowo must endorse it!!!!
2. The wisdom of Awolowo was unequalled, unparalleled and unrivalled. His wisdom must not be on the side of the rebel, Nigeria would not survive without it.
No wonder the two Warriors Gowon and Ojukwu said and I quote; "I am the luckiest ruler of Nigeria because the best Nigeria asset in person of Chief Awolowo was my Vice Chairman and Finance Commissioner..."- Gowon. "Chief Awolowo is the best President of Nigeria that never was..."- Ojukwu.
Need I say more? Murtala Mohammed had ensured in his Transition Programme that Shehu Shagari would not contest but after his death, OBJ relaxed the rules.....Shagari was allowed to contest and won but in 1984, Buhari stopped Shagari again, describing his election as "shamelessly rigged".......
NCNC was the popular Party in Lagos. They always won Lagos. And Awolowo's Action Group would have lost in 1954 if not for Madam Abibatu Mogaji the mother of JAGABAN who mobilized the Lagos women for AG!
THE SECRET OF AWOLOWO....
Awolowo deliberately spent a lot of money in establishing exclusive investments for the Western Region where he thought the SW Progressive Politics would be financed. He said "SW need stable source of fund to fight politically because a poor people cannot fight the Central Government...". No one knew this secret until his Deputy had issues with Awolowo and leaked the secret to the opponent. He told them "fight Awolowo from now till forever, if you didn't destroy the Western Nigerian Investments, SW will always be buoyant financially and they will fight you and win you...." Wow!!!!! That was the end!!!
From that time, to cut the story short, SW was targeted! AWO was accused of fraud. Investments converted to Full state investment and later Odu'a Investment. And later, during the military regime, there was a time when all SW governors were non Yorubas, Odu'a investment was crushed. Cold dead! But LAGOS of Tinubu reinvested the progressive interest in a more sophisticated way. MAY THE SECRET OF LAGOS NOT BE LEAKED THE WAY ENEMIES LEAKED THE SECRET OF SW!!! The Story of Progressive Politics in Nigeria since 1954 had its Genesis from Awolowo's Palm Tree which, After processing, have its revelation from Tinubu's Broom!!!
No more No less!
We must never forget the families of Obafemi Awolowo, Lateef Jakande, Bisi Onabanjo, Bola Ige, Adekunle Ajasin, Ambrose Ali, Adebayo, JS Olawoyin, Anthony Enahoro, Abraham Adesanya, S.O Gbadamosi, Bode Thomas.....These are first generation of progressive politicians who played progressive politics for life!!!
UP AWO!!!!
Simple but Notable. When Awolowo arrived Lagos from Calabar Prison, after meeting with Gowon, it was Murtala Mohammed who voluntarily drove Awolowo home, in his personal car. Murtala described the gesture(driving Awolowo) as a privilege!!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by gungab(m): 9:42pm On Mar 15, 2019
E-commerce website available for sale. It comes with 1year Domain and Hosting. Check my signature for contact

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by madridguy(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2019
Thanks for sharing.

manomam:
Jakande was sentenced to jail just like his boss, Awolowo. But Jakande was crying in the court not because of himself but for Awolowo. When Awolowo saw him, approached him and asked him "why crying for only me..." Jakande replied "I don't mind going to jail and even adding your terms to mine, why South.West, why is it that the only Premier in Nigeria that will be jailed is the Premier of my Region?". Awolowo replied "Dry your tears, God sometimes keep his own away when danger is approaching....
"
And that was what happened! The reason why Nigeria didn't break in 1967 was Obafemi Awolowo. Gowon said "I needed him badly more than I needed the Nigerian Army".....Why? Two reasons;
1. The original rallying point of the Yoruba was Awolowo. If Yoruba supported the break up, no Jupiter can stop it. Therefore, to keep Nigeria one, Awolowo must endorse it!!!!
2. The wisdom of Awolowo was unequalled, unparalleled and unrivalled. His wisdom must not be on the side of the rebel, Nigeria would not survive without it.
No wonder the two Warriors Gowon and Ojukwu said and I quote; "I am the luckiest ruler of Nigeria because the best Nigeria asset in person of Chief Awolowo was my Vice Chairman and Finance Commissioner..."- Gowon. "Chief Awolowo is the best President of Nigeria that never was..."- Ojukwu.
Need I say more? Murtala Mohammed had ensured in his Transition Programme that Shehu Shagari would not contest but after his death, OBJ relaxed the rules.....Shagari was allowed to contest and won but in 1984, Buhari stopped Shagari again, describing his election as "shamelessly rigged".......
NCNC was the popular Party in Lagos. They always won Lagos. And Awolowo's Action Group would have lost in 1954 if not for Madam Abibatu Mogaji the mother of JAGABAN who mobilized the Lagos women for AG!
Awolowo deliberately spent a lot of money in establishing exclusive investments for the Western Region where he thought the SW Progressive Politics would be financed. He said "SW need stable source of fund to fight politically because a poor people cannot fight the Central Government...". No one knew this secret until his Deputy had issues with Awolowo and leaked the secret to the opponent. He told them "fight Awolowo from now till forever, if you didn't destroy the Western Nigerian Investments, SW will always be buoyant financially and they will fight you and win you...." Wow!!!!! That was the end!!!
From that time, to cut the story short, SW was targeted! AWO was accused of fraud. Investments converted to Full state investment and later Odu'a Investment. And later, during the military regime, there was a time when all SW governors were non Yorubas, Odu'a investment was crushed. Cold dead! But LAGOS of Tinubu reinvested the progressive interest in a more sophisticated way. MAY THE SECRET OF LAGOS NOT BE LEAKED THE WAY ENEMIES LEAKED THE SECRET OF SW!!! The Story of Progressive Politics in Nigeria since 1954 had its Genesis from Awolowo's Palm Tree which, After processing, have its revelation from Tinubu's Broom!!!
No more No less!
We must never forget the families of Obafemi Awolowo, Lateef Jakande, Bisi Onabanjo, Bola Ige, Adekunle Ajasin, Ambrose Ali, Adebayo, JS Olawoyin, Anthony Enahoro, Abraham Adesanya, S.O Gbadamosi, Bode Thomas.....These are first generation of progressive politicians who played progressive politics for life!!!
UP AWO!!!!
Simple but Notable. When Awolowo arrived Lagos from Calabar Prison, after meeting with Gowon, it was Murtala Mohammed who voluntarily drove Awolowo home, in his personal car. Murtala described the gesture(driving Awolowo) as a privilege!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by TwoBottles: 9:58pm On Mar 15, 2019
Weed cures glaucoma.. When cooked with food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by batb: 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2019
manomam:
"
No more No less!
UP AWO!!!!
I thank you very much indeed for sharing this thought provoking truth of the Sage!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by BoboKush(m): 1:52am On Mar 16, 2019
Expensive2000:
i have 5k that am not using tell me
what it can do for you....

So you want to hear same.... I don't av food stuff bla bla bla..

Well gimme i wan use m do sub. Glo sub
Re: Lagos State Government Marks World Glaucoma Day (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2019
manomam:
"
No more No less!
UP AWO!!!!
Nice share Bro,I have learnt New thing today

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For December 2 2020 In Nigeria / Rain Soul Health / Bird Flu: Bauchi Kills About 27,000 Birds To Curtail Spread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.