Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,529 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:18 PM

Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo (578 Views)

Osinbajo: 'Buhari Poorer Now Compared To 2015' - Nigerians React / I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret / BREAKING: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by Ecstasy154(m): 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2019
By Johnbosco Agbakwuru Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on has said that President Muhammadu Buhari is probably poorer now than when he became President of Nigeria in 2015.

The Vice President stated this on Thursday night when he hosted a dinner in honour of volunteers who canvassed for votes for the All Progressives Congress, APC during the campaigns in the general election, at the Old Banquet Hall, Presidential Villa, Abuja. According to him, “When I looked at his assets declaration form, I was checking it in 2015, I said to him, “Mr President, I am so much richer than you, it is an embarrassment.”

He further said, “I am only a soldier, you are a big lawyer so you should have more money than me.” I can tell you that he is perhaps; even poorer than he was in 2015 when I saw his declaration of assets form.” Osinbajo urged Nigerians to vote for the APC in the March 23 supplementary elections in the six states the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, declared elections inconclusive.

He said “We are still not done with the elections.On the 23rd of March, we still have some outstanding states and as you know we are re-running in about six states. “And all of the efforts we need to put into those six states, we still need to do. “We can’t afford to slack off and say the job is done; we still have some things to do.”

Recalling the experiences he had during this year’s electioneering, Professor Osinbajo said his encounter with Nigerians as he crisscrossed the country, campaigning for votes, showed that Nigerians are so trusting and supportive of their leaders.

He said, “I think that one of the main characteristics of the Nigerian is how so supportive and trusting many of our people are and they don’t ask us for too much. “They never really ask for anything that is impossible to do. “And that’s why, for many of us that went around this country, we realized the tremendous amount of work that there is to do and our capacity to do so much work.

“What our people need, as we discovered, isn’t that much. “As a matter of fact, I do not know any nation where the people are so generous no matter how poor they are.” Vice President Osinbajo said there was need for the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari to connect more with the people. “It just struck me that what we really need to do a lot more is to connect with the people. “All the people need is opportunity for us to interact with them.

“We should have a way by which everybody is involved one way or the other. “One of the complaints that people made about our government is that we were not communicating enough and that people did not know what had done.”

The vice president acknowledged that the diligent communication carried out to put across the APC message in 2015 was not sustained, making the administration lose some ground to the opposition, especially in the social media. He said the new administration would ensure that it makes change in that regard. Osinbajo said that he would take up everyone who has challenged the administration on the issue with a view to getting its communication of programmes and policies better.

Earlier, the Deputy Chief of Staff in the State House, Ade Ipaye, said the volunteers worked during the campaigns to demonstrate the integrity and capability of the candidates of the APC. He said the event was organized to appreciate them for the work they did in selling the policies and programmes of the administration to the Nigerian electorate.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/buhari-poorer-than-in-2015-says-osinbajo/

Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by soloehis(m): 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2019
Stop this lies now or else

1 Like

Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by YoungAncient1: 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
He didn't campaign with his own pocket money.
He has been receiving salaries and allowances for 4years.
He is not paying school fees for his children any longer.
He doesn't run a charity organization.
All his expenses are catered for by the government.
He received goodwill donations for the elections. Among others. So how is he poorer now? I don't seem to understand this maths.

Unless if his farm is not as productive as it was 4 years ago because the President has neglected his personal business to focus on running this great nation for the good of all.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by Blue3k(m): 10:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by 360degreess(m): 10:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by onward4life(m): 6:47am On Mar 16, 2019
Is this man for real or he says this just to troll Nigerians

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by Egalitarian1: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2019
If this news is real then,Osibade should wave goodbye to heaven because mendacious fellows like him can't make heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by kapelvej: 7:15am On Mar 16, 2019
God Will judge Osibanjo

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by ZombieNation: 7:41am On Mar 16, 2019
This Judas again

How can Buhari be poorer when he is earning a juicy salary alongside his pension as former head of state and retired army General?

How can Buhari be poorer , when all his personal expenses alongside his family members' are being covered by the govt?

Osinbanjo is bastard liar
Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by tribalistseun: 7:59am On Mar 16, 2019
I don't usually say this but this fool is a stupid pastor

1 Like

Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by mcbreeze: 8:09am On Mar 16, 2019
Celebration of penury to deceive the poor

1 Like

Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by OddsIsland(m): 8:17am On Mar 16, 2019
Lie lie Pastar

1 Like

Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by SolutionMee: 8:21am On Mar 16, 2019
cheesy

That's the adverse effect of being a lifeless Mallam. My only problem is seeing him making our economy a bit much poorer.
Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 16, 2019
grin what a country. Some people will still believe this white lie.
Re: Buhari Poorer Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo by busky007: 8:25am On Mar 16, 2019
And his son had a 100 million naira bike as of 2017
May thunder fire u and ur hopeless dota who want to thief our money and become Forbes 30 under 30
Lieing pastors. Reason some Christians are becoming Muslim

(1) (Reply)

I Will Continue To Promote Women Advancement – Aisha Buhari / Imo Election: Don’t Live In Fool’s Paradise – INEC Tells Gov. Okorocha / Bukola Saraki Signs National Minimum Wage Bill (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.