Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor (48325 Views)

Corps Member Confirmed Dead As Death Toll From Lagos Collapsed Building Rises / Lagos Govt Releases Official Figures Of Persons That Died In Collapsed Building / Five School Children Rescued From Collapsed Building In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Ritzy10(f): 9:57pm On Mar 15, 2019
A survivor of the collapsed building, Mr. Moruf Abdulakeem, yesterday revealed that he was under the rubble for three hours and at a point feared death was near.

He said: “I was praying to God under the rubble, to accept and forgive me my sins, because I believed the end had come.”

According to him, he had gone out about 9.30a.m. to buy food and a bag of sachet water. He said that as he was mounting the staircase, almost getting to the third floor, the earth suddenly seemed to shift. The building collapsed. Abdulakeem, who is the head teacher of the Ohen Nursery and Primary School, teaches Basic Six.

He said: “Initially, when the building collapsed, I didn’t know where I was until after some minutes. I saw a ray of light; it was then I knew I was under the building. The first thing that came to my mind was what had happened to the pupils. I knew there was no way they could have escaped. I spent about three hours before I could see the ray light. Everywhere was dark; I heard cries of the pupils and the proprietress shouting Jesus! Jesus! I also heard the voice of Baba Ridwan. He was not too far from me under the rubble. We used to pray together in the same mosque. He was calling for help. When I heard his voice, I told him to pray, not to shout.

“When I saw the ray light, I tried to raise my hand up. Someone touched me, and called my name. The person told me not to worry that they were coming to rescue me. It took the rescue team an hour before they could remove the slab that fell on me. “It was after they removed the slab that I felt some relief.

The heat under the rubble was too much. It got to a stage I could not breathe anymore. It was God that saved me. Before the rescue team came, I was getting weaker. I started praying to God to accept my soul. “I told Baba Ridwan to pray because at that point, God is the only one that can save us. I sustained injuries on my arm, ribs, chest and legs. Even right now, I’m in severe pains. “All the time I was under the rubble, I was praising God. I didn’t know what would happen next. When they eventually brought me out; it was like a dream to me. I thank God for sparing my life; unfortunately, I lost five of Basic Six pupils and four others.”

Abdulakeem explained that at the Primary Health Centre, Onikan, where the rescue team took him to, the doctors asked him to bring N9,000 for X-ray and other treatment. He added: “Some of my co-teachers are in serious condition. A teacher called Esther is presently in coma. Another of my colleague, Daniel and the proprietress died. Others are in critical condition.”

See more: https://zenithnaija.com/how-i-survived-after-spending-three-hours-under-lagos-collapsed-building-survivor/

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by donTbone(m): 10:01pm On Mar 15, 2019
Grace Found you!!!

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 15, 2019
donTbone:
Grace Found you!!!
I tell u

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by BOOOMNAIJA: 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2019
ORI BA E SE........

6 Likes

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by amaniro: 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2019
Oluwa emi nà dupé lo worè

We thank the benevolent God for your life. Go and sin no more.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by decatalyst(m): 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2019
A very terrible and traumatic experience.

May God console the family of those that lost lives in the incident and may the soul of the departed rest in peace. Amen.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Offpoint: 10:29pm On Mar 15, 2019
Like I always wrote on my facebook wall on weekly basics "Make peace with your maker at every given time, you had breakfast you can't tell if you'll make it to lunch time"

"It takes us lifetime to live, but it only takes us seconds to die" offpoint 2019

Sometimes when I walked the street and sees someone beating his chest and asking "Do you know who I am"? I just shook my head, smiled and walked away.

Thank God for another chance.

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by fakuta(f): 10:30pm On Mar 15, 2019
Thqnk God for giving your family hope and having mercy on all of us.
Is is well

4 Likes

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by StrikeBack(m): 10:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
donTbone:
Grace Found you!!!
Grace Deserted those ones that died.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
Thank God for keeping u this was truely a near death experience.. May God grant those who lost a loved one d fortitude to bear d loss..it sad indeed

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by HaryoBamex(m): 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2019
You're really lucky sir...
Thank God for your life, cos lot of people lost their lives..
Grace found you

1 Like

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Tonysmith4sure(m): 10:33pm On Mar 15, 2019
You are so much made.
Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Manuel69: 10:33pm On Mar 15, 2019
May the memory of those departed be eternal. Amen

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by noona(f): 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2019
I'm so sad right now!! Poor babies under the rubbles.. Omg!! My heart!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Simabastine: 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2019
Thank God for life!

Jesus saves...

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by noisy45(m): 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2019
Same hellish experience when underground mines caves in trapping miners

1 Like

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2019
Stubbornness made our help not go to school that day. It would have been another story! #grateful

12 Likes

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by id4sho(m): 10:35pm On Mar 15, 2019
Mercy said No.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by faith551(m): 10:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
Am claustrophobic, reading through that at a point I even felt like I was finding it difficult to breathe. Thank God for his life.

3 Likes

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by crackhouse(m): 10:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
He was told to bring 9k for Xray?

3 Likes

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Speakdatruth: 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2019
Mehn! This unfortunate event is better read or heard than experienced.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by akolat(m): 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2019
This life sha..even under the rubbles with little hope of survival, he thought of the poor kids. We pray not to die in our prime. only GOD can console the bereaved parents. ITS HARD

9 Likes

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by temmypotter(m): 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2019
Carolinee:
Stubbornness made our help not go to school that day.
It would have been another story!
#grateful

Your help is in primary school, I hope she's way above the normal primary school age bracket with delay in education or something, I really hope you are not referring to a 10yr girl as a help

19 Likes

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by TemmyT002(m): 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2019
This is touching and shocking.
Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Larryfest(m): 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2019
And a TVC reporter said the headmaster didn't make it to the hospital before he died...This life na wa nothing is sure except death.
Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 15, 2019
Simabastine:
Thank God for life!

Jesus saves...

1 Like

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:42pm On Mar 15, 2019
Thank God for your life.
Congratulations.
Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 15, 2019
temmypotter:

Your help is in primary school, I hope she's way above the normal primary school age bracket with delay in education or something, I really hope you are not referring to a 10yr girl as a help
Oga human rights..... Oya come and be going!

6 Likes

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by oyetpel(m): 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2019
God God God as if na only us get God.

But you couldn't relocate your school from a condemned building.

This is not an accident, it was a disaster that was allowed to happen due to our nature here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by Teejay13(m): 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2019
Thank God for you
Re: How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor by fatymore(f): 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2019
It is well...
you are not better than those who didn't survived, God just saved you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile In Nigeria / Checkout The First Storey Building In Nigeria / Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.