Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,753 members, 7,806,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect (41174 Views)

We Were Forced To Implicate Saraki - Offa Robbery Suspect / We Are Saraki's Boys - Video Confession Of Offa Robbery Suspects(watch) / Offa Bank Robbery: What Suspects Said To Implicate Saraki – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by commante: 6:12am On Mar 16, 2019
U people wey dey complain dt saraki is innocent about d killing (not robbery) wen i say killing i mean killing dat took place in offa on 5th of april 2018 i wounldnt want to blame u much is cos u knew nothing about the man callled Saraki, let me tell u, dat staged robbery was used to deceived people it was pure blood shed for ritual purpose by saraki and dt wasnt d first time saraki wil do dt nor d 1nd time it has happen in sarakis compound dt hundred of people die in saraki's compont without anyone raising cos of federal power he has den. Buh if u re doubting it ask people of kwara as regard d killing in sarakis compound some years bak. So pls if u knw notin notin about kwara nd saraki is beta is beta u keep ur mouth shot. Pls dont qoute nd say is cos i hate saraki oooo, by my own assessment saraki has been d best governor dt has ever presided d affairs of kwara state.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 16, 2019
Kog45:
Animsls?what a silly word to describe fellow human beings.
sorry change it
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 16, 2019
Rolings:

You are just going round and round and ended agreeing with the person you quoted, we all know saraki didn't sanction those boys, but they were his political associates who have done a lot of political jobs for him especially in offa where saraki is not popular, please don't insult people's sensibilities and respect the dead victims, the CCTV footage is clear enough....... SARAKI DID NOT ORDER THE ROBBERY BUT SOME OF THE ROBBERS WORKED FOR HIM
i differed to agree with him . Read my comments again. I only said he is right that those arrested were spotted during the wedding. But they're not the culprits as the police said. They were wrongly picked to deal with Saraki. The video footage was clear truly but none of those in the video could match the physique and faces of those arrested. Look at it on your laptop and spot the difference. It's all politics. Now that the boys have said they confessed under duress, after being tortured, it has negated your submission, that some of the robbers worked for Saraki, but he didn't sanction them to go and rob. It's all police manipulation. They were wrongly picked to nail Saraki, period. Trust our police at your own peril. I remember when robbers came to lagos and robbed banks. We saw the CCTV footage and police said they have arrested the robbers. Fashola even faulted Jonathan that day, accusing him of diverting all the police to the campaign ground when he visited and that was why the robbers had a field day because the bank was unprotected. A few months later, same robbers in same manner went to ikorodu to rob and police still told us they've apprehended the robbers grin. They kept arresting innocent people and those arrested said they knew nothing about what happened. One of them later confessed that the police forced him to confess because he was tortured as he was tired cos he needed to go home, he had to them to allow him go. As if that wasnt enough, they went to festac to rob, and our police gave up their lies. They later said they have arrested the robbers in indo state in the creeks hahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 16, 2019
Chizuru01:
APC are always too desperate to enter into power by all means.

Someone may think they have reasonable thing to do when they get into power but Just look at Kogi state, look at Rochas Alias Fool. I pity Kwara

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by bluecircle470: 6:26am On Mar 16, 2019
JerryGent1983:
then go through the source now

Only a fool will still continue to believe the source
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Clevite(m): 6:29am On Mar 16, 2019
While this is not to say that Saraki engaged the culprits for the actual armed robbery acts, what is obvious here are suspects doing their best to free themselves from criminal charges.

Accused persons would almost always turn around to deny their confessional statements at the beginning of their trials. It's often a sure thing they would do, except the ones that do not have a good legal representation.
It's usually their first step at attempting to get off the hook. Even Chukwudi Onuamadike Evans is currently denying criminal charges against him, after having pleaded guilty initially.

It's a usual thing in criminal trial. Judges and prosecutors are not fascinated by incidents like this. Only those not conversant with criminal prosecution would be moved.

At the end, many of them still end up being found guilty and getting convicted of the crimes, if the Prosecution do their work diligently anyway.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:35am On Mar 16, 2019
The pain of the killing was too much for police to bear. I knew harm will come to Adikwu because they don't want such a killer who felt no regret killing the police officers to be given opportunity to a lawyer and be speaking thrash like Evans in the law court and even threatening the police for rights violation.
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by NoBetterNigeria: 6:37am On Mar 16, 2019
They're Saraki boys no doubt but does that justify he sent them to rob the bank? Is like saying Tinubu sent Mc oluomo to destroy some polling unit at Okota because they're his boys... If Saraki is found wanting in this case Nah jail be him last name.

rusher14:

Wake up.

Those boys were caught on camera.

They are well known to be Saraki's boys.

A few weeks prior, one was captured in a photo at Saraki's daughter's wedding which was screened for visitors.

Saraki is a crime boss.
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Pinkybush: 6:38am On Mar 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Personally I doubt the credibility of this news.
Why won't you doubt when u are being blinded to differentiate truth from lies. Had it been it was in the other way round u would've believe. Oh! By their "moniker" you shall know them. Zombie!

1 Like

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by faridasr: 6:38am On Mar 16, 2019
These guys are lying, clearly they are Saraki boys and would do whatever to protect their benefactor. Jail Bukola Saraki!!

1 Like

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by ThatFairGuy: 6:39am On Mar 16, 2019
Nonsensical. Let people of offa descend on you, you will know how it is to lost relatives.... Who said Saraki sent them? Was there any interview of such? THE ISSUE IS AKINIBOSUN GANG LEADER AND SOME OF THE ROBBERS WERE SARAKI POLITICAL THUGS... Don't fight it
awelekiti:
You are actually right as you said one of the accused was spotted during saraki's daughter's wedding...the accused and not one of the robbers, mind you. Saraki's boys were picked deliberately after the botched wards congress in Kwara. I was following the news trend from authentic sources all along. When an incident happens, the police stage an arrest of suspects which may not be real culprits anyway. Did you watch the video footage of the robbery incidence? Can you match those robbers with those arrested? They look more or less fulanis...please do a close matching...this is not about being partisan, we are educated enough to see things and spot the difference this day and age. I have a feeling saraki was persecuted, simple. It's part of our political game. Did you also not see a cardboard with saraki's name written on it and pasted in place of a number plate by the police? It's unfortunate our police are always being used to attack the opponents in Nigeria. I am not in support of impunity but I believe in justice and fairness. If saraki is found culpable, he should be made to face the music.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Od1n: 6:43am On Mar 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

With ur moniker, would anyone be surprised?
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Od1n: 6:48am On Mar 16, 2019
The government used the people of Kwara, took advantage of their grief.
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Deepthoughts: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
you have lost your conscience electorate's removed him and rendered him useless .
Get out, which electorate?, you think Everyone is a zombie like you.
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by deavicky(m): 7:07am On Mar 16, 2019
rusher14:

Wake up.

A few weeks prior, one was captured in a photo at Saraki's daughter's wedding which was screened for visitors.

Saraki is a crime boss.
so if someone I know stole does that automatically makes me a thief?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by CioAngels(f): 7:09am On Mar 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Why, because Nigerians hate the truth?
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Deepthoughts: 7:09am On Mar 16, 2019
awelekiti:
The trial within trial of the five suspects involved in the Offa bank robbery in April 2018 continued on Friday at the State High Court sitting in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.

During their arraignment before Justice Halimah Salman, the suspects told the court how their confessional statements were obtained by the police.

The first suspect, Ayoade Akinnibosun, in his testimony, told the trial judge that he gave his statement under duress and not voluntarily.

He explained that he was tortured and shot in two legs, alleging that the police asked him to implicate the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, but he refused.

Akinnibosun claimed that five men were shot dead in his presence and that of other suspects, in order to force them to do the bidding of the police.

He alleged that he was forced to sleep on the spot where the men were killed, adding that his hands and legs were tied for days.

The suspect also told the trial judge that six hefty stones were placed on his back and denied food for nearly one week while he was being tortured.

He said they were kept inside the generator room at Police Headquarters Abuja while a dismissed police officer, identified as Michael Adiukwu, was brought to identify them if they were part of the robbery gang.

According to Akinnibosun, the man denied knowing them and was shot dead on the spot.

Afterwards, he said he was shown an already written statement which he was asked to sign and agreed to do so for fear of being killed.

The suspect insisted that whatever he said during the parade of the press conference was written for him to memorise and confess to the public.

He claimed that the police warned him not to implicate them that the statement was made under duress.

Akinnibosun told the trial judge that he was given a four-page statement to sign but he could not because his fingers were not functioning due to torture.

He said one of his fingers was placed on the documents for thumb printing and his request to read and go through the statement was turned down.

After giving his testimony, the suspect was cross-examined by the prosecution counsel.

Meanwhile, the defence counsel, Mathias Emeribe, asked for further medical checkup to determine if the wounds Akinnibosun sustained were truly from gunshots.

Justice Salman, however, turned down the request until proper trial.

The second accused, Ibikunle Ogunleye, was thereafter called to the dock and he corroborated the first accused, Akinnibosun’s testimony of how he was tortured and how Michael Adiukwu was killed.

In his testimony, the third accused person Abraham Adeola also repeated the same process of how they were tortured both at the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (F-SARS) office in Ilorin and Abuja.

www.channelstv.com/2019/03/15/how-i-was-tortured-asked-to-implicate-saraki-offa-robbery-suspect/

what happened to saraki was purely a political war wage against him by the federal government of Apc just because he refused to be their rubber stamp,now that the ever sheepish laughing Ahmed lawan is been primed to emerge as Senate president it's going to be a roller coaster for the 'saints',but eventually the truth will emerge.
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Midex88(m): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2019
Chizuru01:
APC are always too desperate to enter into power by all means.

Someone may think they have reasonable thing to do when they get into power but Just look at Kogi state, look at Rochas Alias Fool. I pity Kwara

Oga before you say any trash about kwara. Go there and see for yourself the level poverty in the state despite the resources. Saraki is a complete failure....
So don't be careless with your mouth

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by CioAngels(f): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2019
rusher14:
Saraki cannot escape this.
You should chain then if you can.
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by CioAngels(f): 7:13am On Mar 16, 2019
awelekiti:
It's on Channels tv , same tv channel trusted by millions of Nigerians.
Same TV trusted and bought by APC.
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by BuhariAdvocate: 7:13am On Mar 16, 2019
The fake news only shucked your life and other gullible followers.saraki is not only personality in Nigeria even saraki as not been vibrant like fayose .why these people not mention fayose or FEMI? Well if your family involved in the attacked you wouldn't saying this rubbish.
hush15:

but think it, after removing, then this shocking confession when it should be a nail on the coffin burying saraki.

There is no logical reason on earth why Saraki would support robbery, irrespective of what people think about him. Even if they are boys who knows him, they acted on their own will. Afterall, where do we want to place MC who blatantly involves himself in heinous crimes to the extent he was almost killed at one point in time but instead got security protection. If any happens, will they go and arrest tinubu for his actions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by crackhouse(m): 7:15am On Mar 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
because u are a BuhariAdvocate. I am not surprised.
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by bixton(m): 7:16am On Mar 16, 2019
This statement is the same kidnapper Evans is giving as well.
I guess our lawyers are picking in on the loop holes. Well everyone will be judged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Midex88(m): 7:16am On Mar 16, 2019
Gatsbythegreat1:
I have never been a fan of the Saraki political dynasty.while schooling in Ilorin,I lived opposite the Father's house in GRA and it was always a Mecca of some sort...Coming back to Bukola Saraki,Why will anyone believe a 2 time governor who is still ruling the state indirectly and currently the senate president would descend so low to send thugs to rob banks...For God sake,Saraki is richer than many banks,most of our politicians are.They would rather concentrate on looting and stealing public funds and allocations,which is way easier and heavier.

Anybody can do anything. Trust no one

1 Like

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by ofwest47(m): 7:17am On Mar 16, 2019
Saraki tug and robber trying to defend his boss .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by BuhariAdvocate: 7:20am On Mar 16, 2019
tuniski:

If they had say saraki sponsored them you will believe abi? Well I pray Otoge won't turn to a regret in the fullness of time.
do you know why I'm not take you serious again is because I just discovered that you're not from offa even not from kwara talk on you are a Yoruba. So you Omo IBO oloripelebe continue ranting.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by gracevile: 7:23am On Mar 16, 2019
awelekiti:
You are actually right as you said one of the accused was spotted during saraki's daughter's wedding...the accused and not one of the robbers, mind you. Saraki's boys were picked deliberately after the botched wards congress in Kwara. I was following the news trend from authentic sources all along. When an incident happens, the police stage an arrest of suspects which may not be real culprits anyway. Did you watch the video footage of the robbery incidence? Can you match those robbers with those arrested? They look more or less fulanis...please do a close matching...this is not about being partisan, we are educated enough to see things and spot the difference this day and age. I have a feeling saraki was persecuted, simple. It's part of our political game. Did you also not see a cardboard with saraki's name written on it and pasted in place of a number plate by the police? It's unfortunate our police are always being used to attack the opponents in Nigeria. I am not in support of impunity but I believe in justice and fairness. If saraki is found culpable, he should be made to face the music.
true but as the implicated him he said he did not know them later pics surfaced of them going to the oba place to pay condolence and also at his daughters wedding infact everywhere he goes they go. Saraki should confess shikenan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by holuphisayor(m): 7:24am On Mar 16, 2019
The real "o to GE " never start for kwara
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Ezi1993(f): 7:24am On Mar 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
How won't you doubt it??APC evil..
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 16, 2019
cool cool
Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Ezi1993(f): 7:27am On Mar 16, 2019
rusher14:

Wake up.

Saraki is a crime boss.
If they were his boys,,was he the one that sent them for the robbery??

1 Like

Re: How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect by Kentocancan: 7:31am On Mar 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

OH NOW ITS A HOAX NEWS..LAUGHING IN CHINESE
Bastard blood suckers. APC DAYS ARE NUMBERED. EXPECT MORE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Dumps President Buhari, Gets Atikulated / Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru May Replace Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor / Ned Nwoko Wins Delta North Senatorial Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.