Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi (18202 Views)

E-Ticketing Will Increase Railway Revenue - Transport Minister, Saidu Alkali / Fuel Subsidy Crisis: Nairaxi Meets Former Transport Minister, Provides Solution / 'Osun Doesn't Have My Kind Of Money' - Tinubu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Mutemenot(m): 1:18pm On Mar 16, 2019
yarimo:
AMEACHI the lion of Niger delta will be the next minister of defence. WIKE and other group of violence people beware.

The highest joke of the year . Buhari won't dare such when he has plenty of northerners to handle this key post . Even a Yoruba can t be given such post

1 Like

Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Forsterobiora(m): 1:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
kingzic:
Are you a salary earner living in lagos?
Are you in need of funds to pursue that project or start up that business you always wanted to?
Are you in need of funds to buy or repair that car of yours?
Or has oga landlord started with his usual house rent disturbance...
I got good news for you......

With Page financial no more insufficient funds...
Get up 5million naira loan in 3hours with a very little interest rate.
No collateral
No guarantor...
And the process is easy as ABC...
Call us now: 080 32 52 58 57...

Scam alert grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by KidsNEXTdoor: 1:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
princejayy:
You will be re appointed. You are an excellent minister and faithful party man.
Just help us move Wike out of government house.

Vultures will not come near the treasure chest of the Niger delta...

Their stooge AMECHI has been exposed

1 Like

Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Stillthebest: 1:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
kingkakaone:

What are you saying? Remove your hatred for the man and you will see how hardworking he has been since his appointment.

Minds like yours needs to see the big picture sometimes.

Mention his achievements the road sub unit and others apart from finishing the already started railways

1 Like

Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Bizibi(m): 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Bizibi(m): 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2019
Not just ameachi,almost all of them will be changed.
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by BuhariAdvocate: 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2019
You have done well though.
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Gandollar(f): 1:29pm On Mar 16, 2019
yarimo:
AMEACHI the lion of Niger delta will be the next minister of defence. WIKE and other group of violence people beware.
The only violence I see here is your grammar

1 Like

Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by AfonjaConehead: 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2019
kingkakaone:

What are you saying? Remove your hatred for the man and you will see how hardworking he has been since his appointment.

Minds like yours needs to see the big picture sometimes.

What did amaechi do for the Niger Delta?

Let amaechi come out to run for presidency now and let's see what you hypocrites will say

grin

1 Like

Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 16, 2019
dachiwater:
Rotimi Amaechi who spoke on Friday ahead of the expected dissolution of Buhari’s cabinet to constitute a new one, said he prays the next Transport Minister has his kind of passion.

While it is believed that Amaechi who was the Director General of the Buhari Campaign Council would return as a minister, there are fears that many ministers might not form the next cabinet of President Buhari. The former Governor of Rivers State who was quick to add that his reappointment is the prerogative of the President who has the statutory power to appoint ministers, also told newsmen that he believed he had a responsibility given to him by the President to deliver the Lagos – Ibadan railway projects and he must do it passionately.

Amaechi who recounted all he did as the Governor of Rivers State as he added that he prays the next Transport Minister has his kind of passion, said;

“If you watched me as governor I was always restless at delivering on my responsibilities. I pray whoever would be the Minister for Transport should have the same passion and focus on that responsibility.

“I know as a Minister, I know it is a stress, I’m stressed up and all that. But as a Minister you have a responsibility that the President has passed to you and you must deliver.

“The second thing is that the economy of Nigeria can be driven most importantly if you can link the seaport to the hinterland because when these cargoes come, they must go. The more you are able to move goods and cargoes to the hinterlands, the more you create jobs; and the more you create jobs the more economic growth that you have.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/16/i-pray-next-transport-minister-has-my-kind-of-passion-amaechi/

He already knows that buhari will kick him out.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 16, 2019
Okoroawusa:
Amaechi,am personally going to miss u as transportation minister.

You did a nice job given the circumstances. Success in your future endeavors

What exactly did Amechi achieve in the Nigerian transport sector

1 Like

Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
kolnel:
lol

Amaechi is passionate about his job tho
I sincerely hope he’s moved into another ministry where he can showcase his intellect

Nigeria needs people like him

....What exactly did Amechi achieve in the Nigerian transport sector
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2019
Joshmodest:
Myself and all well meaning and sane Nigerians reject this prayer from the pit of hell !!!

Which prayer?
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2019
obailala:
Amaechi is definitely one the hardest working ministers. The deep seated hatred a bunch of embittered folks have for him can't change this fact.

.What exactly did Amechi achieve in the Nigerian transport sector
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by almarthins(m): 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2019
Joshmodest:
Myself and all well meaning and sane Nigerians reject this prayer from the pit of hell !!!

This na d only transport minister wey i see say him dey work. The past minister of transport wetin dem do?

Nigerians and hate for good things. I pity u! If all past transport minister don dey do well by now many problem for don solve.
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by obailala(m): 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2019
PrecisionFx:

.What exactly did Amechi achieve in the Nigerian transport sector
Considering the job description of a transport minister, I do not think he has done badly relatively in the short period he has occupied the post especially given the budget available to him. At least he's got some things to brag about.

- Amaechi saw to it the final balance owed for the Abuja to Kaduna rail was cleared in 2016 and that rail was commissioned.

- Amaechi saw to it that the remaining sections of the Ajaokuta to Warri rail which has been under construction for almost 40 years (since the early 80's) was completed. Sections which had previously been vandalised were also fixed and a train ran on that route for the first time. He also oversaw the conversion of the railway from being just for cargo to cover passengers transportation. Construction of rail stations along the route is currently ongoing and full passenger transportation would take off when the stations are completed.

- Amaechi was involved in several trips to China in 2016 to close out the loan deal for the Lagos to Kano and Lagos to Calabar railways. This project that has been in planning since 2006 with numerous MOUs and agreements signed. But in 2016, he and his team were able to close out the deal for the Lagos to Ibadan section, secure the counterpart funding necessary to KO the project and the project finally saw the light of the day early in 2017. Construction is currently in full swing to be completed sometime this year.

- I understand an inland port was launched somewhere up north.

- I understand some dredging has been done at the inland waterways to revive the Warri port (dont know the details of these though.

The real question is, what did all the other ministers achieve?... What has Amaechi's other colleagues achieved in their ministries?... heck! since their appointment we havent even heard the name of several ministers at all, not on social media, not in the news, etc.

6 Likes

Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by innopassion: 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2019
Joshmodest:

why such prayer?
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by jrusky(m): 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2019
Joshmodest:

Amen.
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2019
The passion to steal.
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by wink2015(m): 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2019
dachiwater:
Rotimi Amaechi who spoke on Friday ahead of the expected dissolution of Buhari’s cabinet to constitute a new one, said he prays the next Transport Minister has his kind of passion.

While it is believed that Amaechi who was the Director General of the Buhari Campaign Council would return as a minister, there are fears that many ministers might not form the next cabinet of President Buhari. The former Governor of Rivers State who was quick to add that his reappointment is the prerogative of the President who has the statutory power to appoint ministers, also told newsmen that he believed he had a responsibility given to him by the President to deliver the Lagos – Ibadan railway projects and he must do it passionately.

Amaechi who recounted all he did as the Governor of Rivers State as he added that he prays the next Transport Minister has his kind of passion, said;

“If you watched me as governor I was always restless at delivering on my responsibilities. I pray whoever would be the Minister for Transport should have the same passion and focus on that responsibility.

“I know as a Minister, I know it is a stress, I’m stressed up and all that. But as a Minister you have a responsibility that the President has passed to you and you must deliver.

“The second thing is that the economy of Nigeria can be driven most importantly if you can link the seaport to the hinterland because when these cargoes come, they must go. The more you are able to move goods and cargoes to the hinterlands, the more you create jobs; and the more you create jobs the more economic growth that you have.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/16/i-pray-next-transport-minister-has-my-kind-of-passion-amaechi/

THE CREATION OF JOBS IS A GIMICK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN USING TO DECEIVE THE YOUTH IN NIGERIA.

Government ministers like Amaechi talk as if they have the mechnism to create jobs in Nigeria.
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by CoolAmbience(m): 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
pode:
Amaechi go and seat down

Oga, is 'sit' not seat.
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 16, 2019
obailala:

Considering the job description of a transport minister, I do not think he has done badly relatively in the short period he has occupied the post especially given the budget available to him. At least he's got some things to brag about.

- Amaechi saw to it the final balance owed for the Abuja to Kaduna rail was cleared in 2016 and that rail was commissioned.

- Amaechi saw to it that the remaining sections of the Ajaokuta to Warri rail which has been under construction for almost 40 years (since the early 80's) was completed. Sections which had previously been vandalised were also fixed and a train ran on that route for the first time. He also oversaw the conversion of the railway from being just for cargo to cover passengers transportation. Construction of rail stations along the route is currently ongoing and full passenger transportation would take off when the stations are completed.

- Amaechi was involved in several trips to China in 2016 to close out the loan deal for the Lagos to Kano and Lagos to Calabar railways. This project that has been in planning since 2006 with numerous MOUs and agreements signed. But in 2016, he and his team were able to close out the deal for the Lagos to Ibadan section, secure the counterpart funding necessary to KO the project and the project finally saw the light of the day early in 2017. Construction is currently in full swing to be completed sometime this year.

- I understand an inland port was launched somewhere up north.

- I understand some dredging has been done at the inland waterways to revive the Warri port (dont know the details of these though.

The real question is, what did all the other ministers achieve?... What has Amaechi's other colleagues achieved in their ministries?... heck! since their appointment we havent even heard the name of several ministers at all, not on social media, not in the news, etc.

""Abuja to Kaduna rail was cleared in 2016 and that rail was commissioned. ""

Has lai mohammed influenced u

The multi billion dollar Abuja-Kaduna rail line was built from start to finish by GEJ and was commissioned before the 2015 elections by GEJs regime. Amechi has absolutely nothing to do with it.

"" He also oversaw the conversion of the railway from being just for cargo to cover passengers transportation. Construction of rail stations along the route is currently ongoing and full passenger transportation would take off when the stations are completed""

It hasn't been completed In Anyway after 4 years of his reign.

"But in 2016, he and his team were able to close out the deal for the Lagos to Ibadan section, secure the counterpart funding necessary to KO the project and the project finally saw the light of the day early in 2017. Construction is currently in full swing to be completed sometime this year. "

Open blatant online completion lies.

'' understand some dredging has been done at the inland waterways to revive the Warri port (dont know the details of these though."

Stop insulting ur self.

Apc achieved nothing in the transport sector, just like other sectors.

All they have to show is "almost" "almost" "almost" ready.
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by KunleyY19(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2019
The Project you initiated are all there to see...
Nice one...
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by kristo123: 2:43pm On Mar 16, 2019
hope buhari has another appointment for you... No just come back to South South we don't need you here...
You can go and be looking after buhari cows in daura till he returns.
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by bejeria101(m): 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
Judas! Passionate about what? Killing people? Layon of ubima crybaby. Gerrout
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Starpro87(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2019
He will be returned, and he knows. He likes claiming super human.
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Burgerlomo: 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
I hear you, the dude dey take style say make Bubu reappoint am cool
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by bumzylongs: 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2019
The fear of nxt LEVEL is d beginning of wisdom
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by obailala(m): 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Has lai mohammed influenced u

The multi billion dollar Abuja-Kaduna rail line was built from start to finish by GEJ and was commissioned before the 2015 elections by GEJs regime. Amechi has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Did you just really say the Abuja to Kaduna railway was COMMISSIONED in 2015 before election?... Na wa oh!.. If it was truly commissioned, how come no passenger train could run on it?.... How can you commission a railway system when the stations were not built, when the signalling had not been done and when the tracks were not even completed?... How come the Chinese contractors could not hand it over to the Nigerian authorities until July 2016?... Can you provide any evidence whatsoever (whether credible or not) to prove that it was commissioned in 2015 by GEJ as you claim?...

As at December 2014 when the rail project was slated to be completed, it's on record that the overall project was ~90% complete. Before leaving office, even GEJ himself had to ask Buhari to ensure the project was completed. Outstanding counterpart funds were paid off by Buhari, the signalling and railway stations were completed only in 2016 before the project was eventually commissioned in July 2016. For your own good, quit living in this meaningless politics induced 'GEJ is GOD' self delusion.
http://www.factchecknigeria.com/facts/contentious-abuja-kaduna-railway/

"" He also oversaw the conversion of the railway from being just for cargo to cover passengers transportation. Construction of rail stations along the route is currently ongoing and full passenger transportation would take off when the stations are completed""

It hasn't been completed In Anyway after 4 years of his reign.
...But at least you agree the tracks have now been completed from Ajaokuta up to Aladja in Warri, a passenger train has been test-run on it for the first time and that railway stations are currently being constructed along the route?... Information on that is all over the internet; quit this meaningless politics driven self denial. You asked me what 'work' or achievement Amaechi has as a minister, I simply pointed out to you the ongoing works on the Ajaokuta to Warri rail route which is visible to even the blind; I never mentioned anywhere that it was completed.

"But in 2016, he and his team were able to close out the deal for the Lagos to Ibadan section, secure the counterpart funding necessary to KO the project and the project finally saw the light of the day early in 2017. Construction is currently in full swing to be completed sometime this year. "

Open blatant online completion lies.
Once again, you asked me what 'work' or achievement Amaechi has as a minister, I simply pointed out to you the ongoing works on the Lagos to Ibadan railway of which the track laying in the section between Lagos and Abeokuta has been completed, and a test run has been done with a passenger train (it is all over the internet). Since you said it's a lie that the project doesn't exist, I can't help you in your self imposed/intentional blindness. If you cannot see it, so be it!

1 Like

Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Okawene: 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2019
Port Harcourt international airport...renovated, Ikeja International airport renovated. If not anything, I live in Ph and I am a witnessed to it.
Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2019
AfonjaConehead:

What did amaechi do for the Niger Delta?

Let amaechi come out to run for presidency now and let's see what you hypocrites will say

grin
What did Jonathan do for the Niger Delta as a president for 6 years?

1 Like

Re: I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2019
Stillthebest:

Mention his achievements the road sub unit and others apart from finishing the already started railways
Really? He should have abandoned those projects and start new ones which may not be completed to add to the numerous uncompleted projects littered everywhere in the country? Most of those projects started before and during Obasanjo era but still remained uncompleted, now lemme as ask you, if Jonathan had completed most of those projects, do you think Amaechi wouldn't have started something new?
Now I see why politicians don't engage in continuity. !ost of you don't understand that government is a continuous process for national Development.

Change this mentality my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Lawmakers, Police, Judges Most Corrupt, Says TI, N’assembly Kicks / "Free Zakzaky" Protesters At Nigerian Embassy In London (Photos) / Zainab Ahmed: Higher Petrol Price Inevitable, FG Can’t Afford Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.