Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang (7841 Views)

US Speaks On Election Of Nigeria’s National Assembly Leadership / Why Buhari Won’t Interfere In Senate President, Speaker Positions – Tony Momoh / APC Primary: Udo-Edehe Slaps Ita Enang, Enang Bites Udo-Edehe - Akwa Ibom Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by akelicious(m): 6:05am On Mar 16, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari will not interfere in the emergence of the leadership of the National Assembly in the coming 9th Assembly, a presidential aide has said.

Ita Enang, who is the senior special assistant to the president on National Assembly matters (Senate), told journalists in Abuja yesterday that the president believed in the principle of separation of powers, hence he would not interfere in the activities of the legislature, including the leadership.

Buhari had in 2015 said he was ready to work with anybody that emerged in the National Assembly leadership, a development that saw the victory of Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara as Senate President and Speaker respectively.

Enang said: “The principle of President Muhammadu Buhari is that each arm of government should function according to what the constitution says, which is that every person in government should do the right thing.”

Enang’s comments are coming at a time lawmakers of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), which has so far garnered comfortable majority in both chambers, are waiting for both the presidency and the national leadership of the party to take a position on zoning the four offices.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/buhari-wont-interfere-in-9th-assembly.html

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by Imortal001: 6:06am On Mar 16, 2019
Yes, choosing the leadership of national assembly is non of buhari problem, buhari is shopping for his new minister that will take nigeria to next level, apc chairman should do the needful. saraki really teach nigerian sense with selfish attitude. all we need is a senate president that will work for the betterment of nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by Jestin: 6:35am On Mar 16, 2019
Omo-agege for senate president....he will no longer be interested in stealing the mace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by opparadise: 6:35am On Mar 16, 2019
I don't like to talk'bout Buhari, he is a political MMM.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by Larryfest(m): 6:35am On Mar 16, 2019
Hmm....who cares if he does or not

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by 2undeee(m): 6:39am On Mar 16, 2019
Best president ever in Nigeria

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by hisexcellency34: 6:40am On Mar 16, 2019
Tinubu will interfere sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by STRENGTHesq(m): 6:40am On Mar 16, 2019

God please do away with this set of Leaders.
I'm allergic to Bullshit
I don't like what I hate
I don't like Jubril/Buhari
sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by PunAdict: 6:42am On Mar 16, 2019
When will this Buhari have sense self
This mumu no know say politics and governance are two different things, and selecting Senate leadership is politics.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by STRENGTHesq(m): 6:44am On Mar 16, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Tinubu will interfere sha
story for the Gods angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by STRENGTHesq(m): 6:45am On Mar 16, 2019
2undeee:
Best president ever in Nigeria
Story for the gods sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by EdoBozz(m): 6:49am On Mar 16, 2019
Na today.....

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by agabusta: 6:50am On Mar 16, 2019
Jestin:
Omo-agege for senate president....he will no longer be interested in stealing the mace

Yes pls! Senator Omo Age’s.

But since the party’s choice was truncated by the snaky Saraki in 2015, I would still want Senator Lawan. Senator Omo-Agege can then be the DSP.

Both choices of the APC in 2015 should be maintained. Let it be enshrined that party supremacy is in place. That is the only way to enjoy our party politics.

Individual greed and selfishness makes a mess of our party type of democracy.

Let each party maintain its manifesto and keep its members disciplined towards achieving it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by agabusta: 6:54am On Mar 16, 2019
STRENGTHesq:

God please do away with these set of Leaders.
I'm allergic to Bullshit
I don't like what I hate
sad

cheesy sorry, 4 years is not that long.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by mamotalk: 6:54am On Mar 16, 2019
Separation of power?
Is judiciary not an independent arm?

Another level of maga.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by lonelydora: 6:56am On Mar 16, 2019
You guys should stop this. Let the assembly start first
Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by stuffs4me(m): 6:57am On Mar 16, 2019
This useless Buhari has started to meddle in the affairs of the National Assembly again.

Why can't this dumb president realise that the National Assembly should not be a rubber stamp for the executive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 16, 2019
SHUT UP.

Abba Kyari and Tinubu will definitely do.

By who's backing will the do that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by agabusta: 7:00am On Mar 16, 2019
PunAdict:
When will this Buhari have sense self
This mumu no know say politics and governance are two different things, and selecting Senate leadership is politics.

He will definitely intervene behind the scene this time around. They are just playing to the gallery with this press statement.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by Financesiq(f): 7:01am On Mar 16, 2019
I hope he stays true to his word
Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by penearth(m): 7:02am On Mar 16, 2019
A long Chevrolet express bus/van is for sale. is new 2009 model came 2015 from us. is very very cheap. use for church, school, companies etc. plasma sets, air conditions equipped

call 07062457055
Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by veraulem(f): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2019
undecided
Story for the gods, how many times has PMB said he won't interfere in the legislative n judicial arm of the govt Yet we see him interfering from the shadows... Ita or Enag or Wot ever his name is should take that statement to the 7th planet abeg undecided

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by eddyslim(m): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2019
Story for the gods...
Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by Jolite(m): 7:11am On Mar 16, 2019
Which means if the court sack him for rigging the election they will be no fracas?
Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by datola: 7:11am On Mar 16, 2019
Hmmm...
Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by yahmohy27: 7:13am On Mar 16, 2019
STRENGTHesq:

God please do away with these set of Leaders.
I'm allergic to Bullshit
I don't like what I hate
sad
Igbo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by ChiefSupplier55(m): 7:20am On Mar 16, 2019
Buhari with power 5and6 let see what this time in Nigeria

Anyway check out my signature contact me if need be
Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by sammyj: 7:21am On Mar 16, 2019
Good to know. However, he should be interested in who emergd as the leader so as to enable them push his policies for growth and development of country.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by PunAdict: 7:29am On Mar 16, 2019
agabusta:

He will definitely intervene behind the scene this time around. They are just playing to the gallery with this press statement.
The mumu president needs to put up a show of force, this is whom I want, this is whom I will get, Bleep with me, I burn your ass.
Let him for once show he is in charge, who rule of law epp 4 naija

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by UncleJudax(m): 7:33am On Mar 16, 2019
mamotalk:
Separation of power?
Is judiciary not an independent arm?

Another level of maga.
You know as e de go.

Buhari always says the opposite of what he wants to do. We have seen that many times.

Now, when wahala starts, he would say "I was not aware" ...I said I was not gonna interfere grin
Re: Buhari Won’t Interfere In 9th Assembly Leadership – Enang by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 7:38am On Mar 16, 2019
We pray so.

Check my signature

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supplementary Elections: IGP Deploys 5 DIGs, 3 AIGs, 15 CPs / Pdp Gains Early Lead In Ondo South With Huge Margin / Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.