Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent - Literature/Writing Ads (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent (5991 Views)

Fraudulent Persons / Guys Beware Of Ela020 He Is A Fraud / JOBS I Did For FRAUDULENT Clients. These Frauds Refused To Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by MizMyColi(f): 2:00am On Apr 03, 2019
LoJ:

Sorry dearie. I never knew o. It shall not be well with these fraudster kwanu sad

That's alright smiley
The way he blanked me till date surprises me.

Thank you for your work here smiley

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by mrphysics(m): 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
MizMyColi:

That's alright smiley

Sorry for your experience with him.
He is has proven to be a very dishonest and unrepentant criminal.

If there is a way to report a seller on Upwork, I think his account can be blocked if Upwork support receives many report from different people about a particular seller.

We need to take him down pending when nature will reward him of his evil deeds
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by lynx200(m): 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2019
SoapQueen:

He scammed me just on Saturday. I remember adding him a while ago (like I added a few other good people from the writers thread), he contacted me begging to help him work on a book on etiquette in Europe.

After working, he refused to pay and insulted me non-stop. Sent a fake screenshot and has stopped picking my calls.

His name is Hope Daniels from Montreal on Upwork. I played a fast one on him by posting the job I wrote on my blog. The client whom he wrote it for can no longer use the job.

How can we track this guy?

Hmmm! Smart thing you did there. This sounds familiar to a guy who contracted me to work on a 6500 word e-book titled etiquette and negotiation in Europe. Despite the low pay and the tight time duration which I had to appeal to him to lenghten, I started work on the job but had an uncomfortable feeling which made me stop the job halfway on Friday lastweek. @Soapqueen, did he promise you a 100,000 word ebook project after this job? Just want to know if it's the same guy because he used a foreign name which one could tell wasn't his.
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by lynx200(m): 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2019
You guys are doing a great job exposing the fraudsters preying on their fellow Nairalanders. Funny thing was I was almost working with Benscolari but for a minor detail that stopped our relationship and looking at this thread, thank God it happened.

Can I give an advice here that would help writers here? If you're writing a long form work, an e-book of 7000-10000 or more words, ask for an upfront fee(at least 50%) before working. In the scriptwriting world where I came from, that's how we work. Some even pay the whole fee before the job. At least this way you can know the scammers out there as well as the serious ones.

Fortunately, there are still many good Nairalanders who play fairly in business relationships and I have had dealings with some of them. I think it's high time some sort of rules be made about outsourcing writing jobs just like its done on reddit. Something like the presence of an escrow for e-currency exchangers and others like it. This could help safeguard this industry which is helping a lot of people on Nairaland. It's unacceptable to allow these fraudsters to drag the name of these good forum into the mud with their selfish acts.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by SoapQueen(f): 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2019
lynx200:

Hmmm! Smart thing you did there. This sounds familiar to a guy who contracted me to work on a 6500 word e-book titled etiquette and negotiation in Europe. Despite the low pay and the tight time duration which I had to appeal to him to lenghten, I started work on the job but had an uncomfortable feeling which made me stop the job halfway on Friday lastweek. @Soapqueen, did he promise you a 100,000 word ebook project after this job? Just want to know if it's the same guy because he used a foreign name which one could tell wasn't his.

Yes, he is one and the-same. I launched my investigation skills and I have gotten in touch with the client. I told him he has met his match. He insulted me and kept laughing at me. I baited him, and he kept saying he has a verified Upwork account and that he has white friends that help him with video verification.

He didn’t know I was setting a trap. @dominique
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by SoapQueen(f): 3:16pm On Apr 03, 2019
MizMyColi:

That's alright smiley

I’m in talks with the client of the job he scammed me with. I told him I will be his nemesis.

He edited a fake deposit alert and sent me the screenshot, knowing fully well that he didn’t make deposits. He is a fraudster.

The devil works hard, but I work harder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by lynx200(m): 3:19pm On Apr 03, 2019
SoapQueen:

Yes, he is one and the-same. I launched my investigation skills and I have gotten in touch with the client. I told him he has met his match. He insulted me and kept laughing at me. I baited him, and he kept saying he has a verified Upwork account and that he has white friends that help him with video verification.

He didn’t know I was setting a trap. @dominique

Interesting! He has another moniker here on Nairaland 'Greenstar' which he hasn't used since last year. I can confirm the insult part well. Next time I will listen more to my instincts when I get into a business relationship.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Berliner1: 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2019
Benscolari:
I don't really have the leeway to dabble words.
Pictures will do the talking...
Dominique, this clearly contradicts whatever this man is saying.
I remember telling him he'll get his money as soon as my client gives me feedback. Which my client has never done to this day, and he agreed. So I should go ahead and pay him without hearing from my client or anything?
Nigerians!
Thank you

Was that the contractual agreement based on the client paying?

I mean do u tell your writters from begining that their payment is based on your client paying?
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by GiftedMind1JEM: 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2019
@Sirevee was able to discover and reveal the facial identity of @Benscolari...

I present to you the 'FRAUDSTER'...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2019
GiftedMind1JEM:

The idiot has a case with me. Although I dealt slightly with him, I still haven't had my pound of flesh off his miserable head.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 05, 2019
MizMyColi:

I am not surprised. My PayPal account was limited due to high influx of funds. Despite this guy's transaction being among the transactions that caused it to be limited, I asked him to help me get more details of the transaction from his/her client, he never did.

He stopped responding to my texts even as I write. He is a male posing as female. Even during our chats, he never corrected me despite my referring to him as "sis"

Other people whom I transacted with even went as far as sharing their freelance earnings and withdrawals to help me.

I finally resolved the issue in less than 24 hours because all the info I used to open the account was genuine and i gave them proof.

Aganyi Fidelis Ukwada
With mobile number +234 803 417 4718 or 08034174718 and monikers ranging from BenScolari to Fidelmalek..

You are a dishonest and untrustworthy individual.

I get that you use a female account on upwork, but deceiving even we that are supposed to be your people as well?

Shioorr

I personally gave him your moniker on Nl. Actually, it was my way of making him fall for a ploy cos I had long detested him without him even realizing. Every of the works mentioned here had one way or so related to me. I wrote virtually every one of the propositions he used for landing the jobs and for the ones I didn't write, he begged me to edit to taste for him. Coincidentally, this thread and the one involving GiftedMind was already up, hence i knew it was edging close to when he wants to launch his duping spree so i pressed him with some demands and as stupid as he was, he fell for it and actually contacted MizMyColi. Sincerely i don't hate people but for this guy, i could actually use him as a target for my shooting lessons (lol, true though) and believe me when i say he might soon be history..

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by MizMyColi(f): 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2019
sirevee:

I personally gave him your moniker on Nl. Actually, it was my way of making him fall for a ploy cos I had long detested him without him even realizing. Every of the works mentioned here had one way or so related to me. I wrote virtually every one of the propositions he used for landing the jobs and for the ones I didn't write, he begged me to edit to taste for him. Coincidentally, this thread and the one involving GiftedMind was already up, hence i knew it was edging close to when he wants to launch his duping spree so i pressed him with some demands and as stupid as he was, he fell for it and actually contacted MizMyColi. Sincerely i don't hate people but for this guy, i could actually use him as a target for my shooting lessons (lol, true though) and believe me when i say he might soon be history..

Lol
Even the day he contacted me. Na God say I nuh go get accident. There was this urgency. I searched his number, but nothing came up. He wanted using escrow...I agreed even though I am skeptical of some of them these days because I observe that my customers don't complete transactions the moment I connect them with escrows.

Eventually, he said no need, let's deal...and the rest is history.

About the proposition writing thing, bro, we can partner o. Come WhatsApp office please. I could use your help. I'm not sure you have your number on your siggy, otherwise I would contact you. But, if you do, I will message you straight away.
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
GiftedMind1JEM:

His pictures were already available on nairaland. Just look up his other monikers greenstar or fidelmalek. He is a notorious scammer and has been operating for a long time.
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2019
SoapQueen:

I’m in talks with the client of the job he scammed me with. I told him I will be his nemesis.

He edited a fake deposit alert and sent me the screenshot, knowing fully well that he didn’t make deposits. He is a fraudster.

The devil works hard, but I work harder.

The last part of your text cracked me up. @MizMyColi, I booked an appointment with your Whatsapp office already. Your secretary asked me to wait... Hoping for an enjoyable reception.
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by MizMyColi(f): 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2019
sirevee:

The last part of your text cracked me up. @MizMyColi, I booked an appointment with your Whatsapp office already. Your secretary asked me to wait... Hoping for an enjoyable reception.

Just replied you now bro.
I was asleep.
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 06, 2019
mrphysics:

If there is a way to report a seller on Upwork, I think his account can be blocked if Upwork support receives many report from different people about a particular seller.

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 06, 2019
mrphysics:

The Idiot @Benscolari even had the guts to contact me this morning cos he read the posts here. I know definitely that he did contacted some other people with different claims but the absurd thing about this unrepentant fool is that he went on ahead to call me names. This is the height of it all I must say. Just like Mrphysics suggested, this guy needs to be reported. I, alongside some of my Gees with upwork account are going on ahead to report him on upwork about his fraudulent acts and not just that, I'm inducing the same for the other account(s) he has. So I'm employing those who have cases with him to join me in this quest of bringing this COMPLICATED IDIOT down.
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Ghanaian(m): 8:13am On Apr 06, 2019
I will help you in any of these
Upwork Account Approvals (10mins)
Creating/Approval of New upwork Accounts (30mins) Foreign upwork Account setup/approval (30mins)
Free 10 samples of jobs winning proposals

1 and 2years unlimited Nord VPN
If you need any of these, am available on
Whatsapp or call
0706 86 12611
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Lizwriter(f): 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
lynx200:
You guys are doing a great job exposing the fraudsters preying on their fellow Nairalanders. Funny thing was I was almost working with Benscolari but for a minor detail that stopped our relationship and looking at this thread, thank God it happened.

Can I give an advice here that would help writers here? If you're writing a long form work, an e-book of 7000-10000 or more words, ask for an upfront fee(at least 50%) before working. In the scriptwriting world where I came from, that's how we work. Some even pay the whole fee before the job. At least this way you can know the scammers out there as well as the serious ones.

Fortunately, there are still many good Nairalanders who play fairly in business relationships and I have had dealings with some of them. I think it's high time some sort of rules be made about outsourcing writing jobs just like its done on reddit. Something like the presence of an escrow for e-currency exchangers and others like it. This could help safeguard this industry which is helping a lot of people on Nairaland. It's unacceptable to allow these fraudsters to drag the name of these good forum into the mud with their selfish acts.

I want to appeal to all those accepting writing jobs to ask for part payment at least before proceeding. I've been duped uncountable times. Writing is not an easy task abeg.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Lizwriter(f): 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2019
Benscolari:
where do these people come out from?
Just where?
This guy did a job for me... In milestones (like I usually do)
I submitted the first part of the project to the client, and client went MIA, Kindly use Google to know about scam clients on Upwork and other freelance companies.. So I should pay you, when the client is UNRESPONSIVE, right?
Now if I wanted to scam you, I'll definitely ask you for the whole job right? Nigerians are something else.
Out of over 30 writers plus, only just you and that gifted mind of a guy..
Someone should call me out for a proper scam case not this infallible talks

It's not easy to write only to be told it's of poor quality. You have the right to check for plagiarism and use grammerly to check for other wrong sentence corrections before sending them to your client. Remember you're taking the larger part of the money so you should be able to edit properly. I don't know if I'd fallen prey to you before. Don't play on people's intelligence. Do your homework too.
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 06, 2019
Lizwriter:

I want to appeal to all those accepting writing jobs to ask for part payment at least before proceeding. I've been duped uncountable times. Writing is not an easy task abeg.

I wouldn't deny that writing isn't easy but abeg, we live in a country where everyone is a suspect. What if you paid upfront only for the writer to do a below par job? Or in even a worse case, doesn't even deliver anything at all? What do you do then? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against your idea but we need to understand that this thing is a two-sided coin. Caution pays.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Theflint1(m): 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
LoJ:

His pictures were already available on nairaland. Just look up his other monikers greenstar or fidelmalek. He is a notorious scammer and has been operating for a long time.
Hello, selling $104 Payoneer to you
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 07, 2019
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Lizwriter(f): 10:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
sirevee:

I wouldn't deny that writing isn't easy but abeg, we live in a country where everyone is a suspect. What if you paid upfront only for the writer to do a below par job? Or in even a worse case, doesn't even deliver anything at all? What do you do then? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against your idea but we need to understand that this thing is a two-sided coin. Caution pays.

I said part payment! Most of the people outsourcing jobs are often at fault. They will get the job and disappear. I remember one like that; he even appreciated the job and also confirmed that his client loved it but disappeared without paying and many others like that. I can't work for you and you complain, it's not possible. It has never happened. There's nothing wrong with part payment. If you're not satisfied with the job at the end of the day, your money can be refunded.
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 08, 2019
Lizwriter:

I said part payment! Most of the people outsourcing jobs are often at fault. They will get the job and disappear. I remember one like that; he even appreciated the job and also confirmed that his client loved it but disappeared without paying and many others like that. I can't work for you and you complain, it's not possible. It has never happened. There's nothing wrong with part payment. If you're not satisfied with the job at the end of the day, your money can be refunded.

You are getting it all wrong. There is practically no writer that can write 100% always. I'm a writer myself and I know there are times when writers aren't in their best of selves but still manage to write just to beat deadline. Again, there are times when you might misinterpret part or the whole requirement concept and write slightly or wholly, as the case may be, out of context. What do you say to that? Besides, we are humans and erring is definitely the unique thing that defines us. So I would plainly disagree with you as per the 'perfect writer' part. Then, we have the payment issue springing up. My dear, people have different characters especially when money is involved. Do you think, it's every writer coming here to complain about not getting paid deserves it? Definitely No.. I don't know if you've had any experience with any of them but if you haven't, I pray you don't cos you'd be tempted to ask why they chose writing at all. Their grammar and sentence structures are the least you'd expect from a good English-speaking, Government-owned secondary school student. Sincerely, you would need to restrain yourself from screaming. And even the few good ones have their own flaws like; not meeting up with deadlines, writing out of context, not wanting to adhere to or effect corrections when necessary amongst others. I'd like to ask, would you pay for such service? Even if you do, it probably must be due to you wanting to COMMEND THE EFFORTS AND RESOURCES wasted, a liberty only a few can render. Again, you said something about paying upfront. To me, that isn't overly the best option. Just as outsourcers can be funny, so can writers too (trust me, I've been on that table). You might be surprised that the writer that spoke so brilliantly to get a writing task from you might turn out to deliver a below-par job, and if by chance you've paid him/her upfront, you risk not getting your money back ( might have spent part or even all of the money, since they know they are working to fill it in) and as such, you wouldn't have any leverage to bank on. You lose your money, and probably the job contract too. So you see why I said it's a two-sided coin. Besides, how much time and resources would be left even if they decide to pay back. Don't get me wrong, there are some who definitely will send your money back to you immediately after a job decline but believe me, they are very few. Besides, the final client you are submitting the job to, might not be lenient enough to continue to put up with you as to get a revision done, especially if the job is shabbily done, and they certainly will not pay you for time wasted. This isn't a case to get emotional about, to me, I say it is defining what professionalism is all about.

My 2 cents though.
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by MizMyColi(f): 12:19am On Apr 09, 2019
Lizwriter:

Cocky much?

That I didn't complain doesn't mean you wrote well.
I never used that job.

I paid you nonetheless.

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by mrphysics(m): 7:14am On Apr 09, 2019
MizMyColi:

Cocky much?

I never used that job.

I paid you nonetheless.
Lol, last two weeks, I paid a writer for a book I never used.

I didn't complain; however, I sent her the used book.

I have said it before and will keep saying it, the best way to handle this is to get jobs you and your team can do. There are several risks involved in hiring new writers.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by GiftedMind1JEM: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2019
MizMyColi:

Cocky much?

I never used that job.

I paid you nonetheless.

Hahahaha...

PLEASE ; @Sirevee , @MizMyColi, @Lizwriter and @ and @Mrphysics...

Let's Not derail from the sole purpose of this thread. It is meant to bring fraudsters to book, shame them and destroy their enterprise.

You can nonetheless Create a Unique thread aimed at calling out writers that delivered poor and very low rate Jobs. Especially the one's that consistently do so.

THANKS.
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Lizwriter(f): 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2019
MizMyColi:

Cocky much?

I never used that job.

I paid you nonetheless.

Have we ever worked together? Are you sure you're addressing the right person? Which job, please?
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Lizwriter(f): 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2019
MizMyColi:

Cocky much?

I never used that job.

I paid you nonetheless.

I can't remember handling any job for you. If your claim is true, attach the job here and tell everyone why you didn't use it. Let us also know how much you paid for it.
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by MizMyColi(f): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lizwriter:

I can't remember handling any job for you. If your claim is true, attach the job here and tell everyone why you didn't use it. Let us also know how much you paid for it.

I don't need to do these for my claim to be true.
I don't say stuff i don't mean.
That you don't recognize this moniker does not erase the possibility of a secondary one.

Go figure.
Re: Beware Of Benscolari - He Is Fraudulent by Lizwriter(f): 10:11pm On Apr 09, 2019
MizMyColi:

I don't need to do these for my claim to be true.
I don't say stuff i don't mean.
That you don't recognize this moniker does not erase the possibility of a secondary one.

Go figure.

Are you Brisbane Queen? Why didn't use the job? Was it because I copy pasted for you or my sentence construction was poor? Attach it here and explain what makes it useless? If you can't do that, then you need to apologize for raising false claims. Attach it here let others judge the quality of the job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Making Awesome Presentations: Tips And Tricks For Great Project Defense / *** / Post Short Stories And Get Paid For Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.