Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Choice Between Masters In The UK Vs High Paying Job In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Choice Between Masters In The UK Vs High Paying Job In Nigeria (602 Views)

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. / Masters Scholarship In The UK Vs N500k Monthly Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choice Between Masters In The UK Vs High Paying Job In Nigeria by chymeze: 11:13pm On Mar 16, 2019
Hello guys. I'm kinda in a dilemma rgt now. I'm a medical doctor about #500k a month with allowances. However I have been offered a scholarship for masters in the UK and I'm hoping to practice over these subsequently. However I'm torn between resigning my job here in Nigeria (which though quite high paying but is riddled with frustrations from poor working conditions to poor facilities to practice my skills as a surgeon etc) OR accepting the scholarship offer and moving onto a place with good facilities and potentials. I have this fear of the unknown, if I resign over here and move over there only to discover things aren't what it seemed or as rosy as I thought. Advice urgently needed pls.
Re: Choice Between Masters In The UK Vs High Paying Job In Nigeria by Remijuice: 11:22pm On Mar 16, 2019
I understand your fear old man. IMO since you have passion for this your job and you desire a better working environment, then grab the scholarship and away you go.
After your masters you will find out you have been receiving peanuts here.
This is Medical field we're talking about. My brother save some money and leave this sh!t hole without looking back. Don't even bother coming back, just send us money we are fine.
Finally, if you're not married and you're honest. Find an understanding WHITE woman and marry. Go and make us Proud!
Re: Choice Between Masters In The UK Vs High Paying Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2019
think , think , rethink and think again . but you can as well further your surgeon practise here in Nigeria ? look for best nigeria university that does best in that area and apply okay. 500k is okay
Re: Choice Between Masters In The UK Vs High Paying Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
sir why not take the ride in Nigeria , remember the grass is greener here . if you think going there won't harm you , just and go get that knowledge
am feeling sleepy
008063968513 chat me up
Re: Choice Between Masters In The UK Vs High Paying Job In Nigeria by blessedvisky(m): 2:18am On Mar 18, 2019
I
Re: Choice Between Masters In The UK Vs High Paying Job In Nigeria by horreyneeyo: 11:18am On Mar 18, 2019
chymeze:
Hello guys. I'm kinda in a dilemma rgt now. I'm a medical doctor about #500k a month with allowances. However I have been offered a scholarship for masters in the UK and I'm hoping to practice over these subsequently. However I'm torn between resigning my job here in Nigeria (which though quite high paying but is riddled with frustrations from poor working conditions to poor facilities to practice my skills as a surgeon etc) OR accepting the scholarship offer and moving onto a place with good facilities and potentials. I have this fear of the unknown, if I resign over here and move over there only to discover things aren't what it seemed or as rosy as I thought. Advice urgently needed pls.

It is a gamble. Pray about it. IMO, it is better you stay back and enjoy your 500k + allowances and seek to do online Masters courses if possible.
Because if you go over there, the likely of getting and job and staying back is less than 5% (am talking from experience. I just got back).
If the scholarship allows you to go else where, like say Canada. Pls do go for it.

(1) (Reply)

Job Title: Studio Photographer & Graphics Designer / MS Outlook Tutorial / What Next After NYSC For A Lecturing Career?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.