Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Inheritance - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Inheritance (31441 Views)

New From Lleigh........ My Grandfather's Inheritance. / A Buckeye Hollow Inheritance By Bret Harte / The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:06am On Mar 25, 2019
priccelessgurl:
Why do i suspect Mrs Zebulon and the barrister

wink wink wink
Re: Inheritance by chisiudeh: 11:26am On Mar 25, 2019
Nathan i dey watch u closely
Re: Inheritance by Uniquechild(f): 11:33am On Mar 25, 2019
Barrister Nathan your way no pure at all. Thanks for the update sis
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:39am On Mar 25, 2019
chisiudeh:
Nathan i dey watch u closely

grin grin grin watch him well please
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:39am On Mar 25, 2019
Uniquechild:
Barrister Nathan your way no pure at all. Thanks for the update sis

Thanks bae
Re: Inheritance by izaray(f): 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2019
CHAPTER SEVEN

Barrister Nathan came to see Derrick at home, he brought out an invitation card from his car before entering the house, he met Derrick watching a TV show on the television, he let out a sigh as he fell on the sofa.

"Hey Nath, what is up with you?" Derrick asked not sparing him a glance.

"The sky is up" Nathan shrugged.

"How is the wedding preparations going so far?" Derrick asked still concentrating on the television.

"Are you going to stare at the TV all day or are you going to give me a listening ear" Nathan sneered.

"Alright, am sorry bro, so what is on ground?" Derrick asked relaxing on his back.

"Here is the wedding card" he threw the card towards him and continued immediately "Your suit is ready, I will have it sent to you later in the day" he completed.

"Wow, very soon bro, you will be a married man, congratulations in advance" Derrick smiled going through the wedding card.

"Common Derry, you know why am getting married to her, don't you?" He rolled his eyes.

"I know, you are trying to protect the estate, my father's property, but all the same, you need to be congratulated" He smiled.

"I just don't want her to get married to another person, thereby making a stranger enjoy your father's wealth, I would rather Marry her and protect it" he sighed.

"It's okay bro" Derrick replied.

UMUNKWO VILLAGE

Sandra eyed the stranger as he swept The compound, her father didn't get the chance to talk with her the previous night, she used that opportunity to take in the looks of the young man, he was dark and handsome, with a broad chest, she smiled, but the smile faded when she felt her father's presence.

"Good morning Papa" she greeted with a straight face.

"Good morning my daughter, hope you slept well?" her father asked with a smile.

"Yes Papa, I did" she answered and noticed something move from the corner of her eyes, she turned and found the stranger heading towards their direction, she felt her heart skip.

"Am going to check my trap Papa, I will be right back, when I come back we can go to the farm" the stranger said moving towards the gate.

"He is very hard-working, he has been very helpful to me since I found him, he does virtually everything in the house" Mazi okoro said staring at the stranger's retreating figure with pride evidently written on his face.

"You found him?" Sandra asked in shock.

"Yes dear, I found him" he repeated.

"But how?" She widened her eyes in confusion.

"Few days after you left for service, I went to our farmland close to the town cliff, I found him lying on the floor with blood coming out from his stomach, I brought him home and sent for the doctor at the local clinic, he stiched his wound and said his waking up was in the hands of God, althoug he woke up days after, and I was happy until I found out that he had lost his memory, since then, he has been staying with me" Mazi okoro concluded with a sigh.

"He doesn't remember anything?" Sandra asked with concern.

"No, he doesn't, not even his name, I gave him the name, Jasper. He answered.

"That's bad, am pitying him already" she answered closing her eyes.

"You can't even pity him more than I do, I wish I can find his people" Mazi okoro shook his head.

"We will find them, especially now that am here, they might be looking for him" she shook her head too in pity.

"He didn't seem like he was living a village life, he didn't know how to do anything, I taught him how to farm and how to set traps" he said all of a sudden.

"Even if he lived in a village, he lost his memory, so he would not still know how to do any of those things" she eyed her father.

"That's true, I will be going to the farm later, so I need to prepare" he answered going into the house.

2 Likes

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2019
izaray:
Thanks for the update

Thanks bae
Re: Inheritance by Kaycee9242(m): 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
hmmmmm dis stranger, let me not say what I have in mind. op well done
Re: Inheritance by chisiudeh: 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
I hope his wife mirabel isn't part of this plot. I have my eyes on u mirabel. Jus incase of incasity..
Re: Inheritance by Preshbeauty(f): 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2019
Jasper is Desmond, thank God he didn't die.

well done OP
Re: Inheritance by Ann2012(f): 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
Well done ma'am
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 10:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
Kaycee9242:
hmmmmm dis stranger, let me not say what I have in mind. op well done

Thanks boo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
chisiudeh:
I hope his wife mirabel isn't part of this plot. I have my eyes on u mirabel. Jus incase of incasity..

grin grin grin grin she dare not escape
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
Preshbeauty:
Jasper is Desmond, thank God he didn't die.

well done OP

Thanks presh
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
Ann2012:
Well done ma'am

Thanks bae
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 12:47am On Mar 26, 2019
Thanks for the update damsel.
Re: Inheritance by queenitee(f): 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
Poor Desmond . Barrister Nathan, you are a suspect
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2019
Treasure17:
Thanks for the update damsel.

Thanks Trea honey
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
queenitee:
Poor Desmond . Barrister Nathan, you are a suspect

Yea, he is
Re: Inheritance by aprilwise(m): 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
Fear all these barristers they can do undo
Re: Inheritance by olisamax(m): 9:49am On Mar 27, 2019
my one and only damselposh,please fire down
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:25am On Mar 27, 2019
aprilwise:
Fear all these barristers they can do undo

Lol, abi?
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:25am On Mar 27, 2019
olisamax:
my one and only damselposh,please fire down

Okay boo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:27am On Mar 28, 2019
CHAPTER EIGHT

Sandra smiled as she put her apartment in order, she finally got a job as a hotel manager in town, Zeus hotel was one of the biggest hotel in Town, just as she was about to sit down and rest, she heard a knock on the door, she went to the door and met a Young man standing with a smile, she squinted her eyes trying to decipher what the young man came for.

"Good day beautiful, my name is Daniel, and am your neighbor, I stay in the flat on the opposite direction, I heard that we have a new occupant so I decided to come and say hi to you" he said all smiles.

"Oh, thank you very much, my name is Sandra" she said letting out a smile too.

"Okay, I will be on my way then, if you need anything, don't hesitate to Meet me so that I can discuss with the landlord" he smiled again.

"No problem at all, thanks" she answered as she watched the young man leave.

"Once am settled, I will tell dad to send Jasper to me, he needs to fend for himself here in the city and not that village life he is living, who knows, we might meet his family here" she muttered falling on her bed like a log of wood.

Derrick shook his head as he checked the calendar, Mr Walson would be coming the next week, he shook his head again as felt sad all of a sudden, Nathan was going to enjoy the money that Mr Walson would pay. He suddenly shot his head up as if he remembered something, he went to his father's personal office before his death, unlocked it and entered inside, he searched through the drawer and smiled as he found what he was looking for, he typed in a number in his mobile phone making a short prayer, the person on the other side answered on the third ring.

"Hello" the person said with a baritone voice.

"Please am I speaking with Mr Walson?" Derrick asked holding his breath in fear.

"Yes you are, and who am i unto please?" he asked.

"Thank God I got you, I thought you must have changed your mobile number or something, it is Derrick Anyadike, the first son of Mr Zebulon Elochukwu Anyadike, the one you used his estate for a movie shoot three years ago in Nigeria, do you remember? He asked all at once.

"Of course I do remember, you don't need the long introduction to make me remember, so how is Nigeria, I have been trying to get through to your dad but his number has not been going through, I will be in Nigeria by next week" Mr Walson answered calmly.

"Unfortunately, he is dead, he died few years back, that is why you can't get through to him" Derrick replied.

"Oh my gosh, what happened to him? was he sick?" Mr Walson shouted over the phone.

"He wasn't sick, he was poisened"

"Poisened?, and what was done to the culprit?"

"We didn't catch the culprit, we just went through with the burial"

"You mean he was poisened and no autopsy report was carried out? What sort of a country is that?"

"We did an autopsy report but didn't find anything, that is by the way sir, am just calling to let you know that it won't be possible to make use of the estate like you planned with my father, the person that inherited the estate is not a member of our family, I wouldn't want you to waste your strength and your resources coming down here" Derrick sighed, praying he would listen to him.

"I wouldn't even want to go ahead with the deal again, someone dying and the culprit wasn't found coupled with the fact that another person inherited the estate is already a turn off for me, just take care of yourself, we will see some other time" he hung up.

"Yes" Derrick shouted with a smile as he moved towards the door. "Nathan taking the estate is already enough for him, adding 30 million naira is just too much" he said as he shut the door behind him.
Re: Inheritance by izaray(f): 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2019
Making more sense daily

Thanks for the update
Re: Inheritance by aprilwise(m): 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2019
Derrick is evil and greed . Thanks for the update
Re: Inheritance by Kaycee9242(m): 1:45pm On Mar 28, 2019
op well done
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2019
Greedy fellow. Thanks for the update damsel.
Re: Inheritance by Ann2012(f): 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2019
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2019
izaray:
Making more sense daily

Thanks for the update

Thanks bae

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2019
aprilwise:
Derrick is evil and greed . Thanks for the update

Thanks love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

A Bolt From The Blue (18+) / The Last Smile. / The Last Star.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.