Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

I Need A Candid Advice. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need A Candid Advice. (255 Views)

My Candid Advice To All Business Owners. / Please I Need Your Candid Advice, I Need A Business Idea Please / Candid Advice Needed On What Business To Do With Little Capital! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Candid Advice. by Riquelme01: 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2019
Good day fellow Nairalanders,

I'm seriously stuck in this stage of my life and I need to get views from different people to see if I can make beautiful things out of the views I'd get.

My story:

I finished school in early 2017 and I went straight to stay with a good Samaritan in Abuja. I was teaching in a nearby secondary school while waiting to be mobilized for NYSC scheme.
I was later mobilized in November 2017 and I left for service in another state (I'd not want to mention the state here due to some reasons).

Coincidentally, after camp, few days to the day I intended moving to the town where I was posted, I got a call from another good Samaritan who told me he just got a 3bedroom apartment in the town and would want me to live there without paying a dime. I obliged cos my aim is nothing more than to save enough from my service year as I'm from a humble background and I already vowed not to go back home to stay after service.

Down along the line, someone introduced me to a petty business. I had doubts at first but I started and it started fetching me money. I was not touching my NYSC allowance and I was even saving from the proceeds coming out of the business. The only money I spent was on buying foodstuffs at home and sending money to my parents and sibling occasionally.

To cut the story short, I saved up to #300K by the end of my service year (October 2018).
I stayed back at the town, doing the business and from October to now, I've been able to save #500K. It'd have been way more but responsibilities increased from my family and I'm glad I've been taking care of them all along.

The crux part of this write up is this, the good man I stayed with in Abuja is asking me to come over to as he's promised to help me try something out as regards job and he also recently got a two bedroom flat just to make me comfortable as we were making use of just one bedroom before I left for service (He's really a nice man. The nicest I've seen all my life).
The one I'm staying with in the town where I served wants me to keep staying with him, too, cos I'm managing his business for him.
But in all reality, even if I go to Abuja, my business won't still be affected as I just need phone to do it anywhere (mini importation).

I just need advise on what to do?
I planned establishing a laundry home in Abuja after my service year. I never thought of making such amount within a spate of 1 year and few months and the bros in Abuja already promised to help me set up a small laundry home till I secure a befitting job. I've not told anyone I've made such amount though.

I'm just confused, I don't know what to do.
I've been hearing about Uber and thinking abiutnit, albeit fleetingly.
Please, if there's anyone who's based in Abuja, understands the city well and knows what I can start with #500K should be of help. Although I'm optimistic the #500K can still grow significantly till July that I promised the Abuja bros I'd be coming over.

I need views, please.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Sales Tip Of The Day / Ronaldo Needs Dybala To Be Sold / Affordable Laptops For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.