Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

What If Someone Couldn't Get A Job Related To His Field After Msc In Germany? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What If Someone Couldn't Get A Job Related To His Field After Msc In Germany? (4100 Views)

Slay Queen Embarrassed By Bolt Driver For Not Paying, Boyfriend Couldn't Show Up / My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: What If Someone Couldn't Get A Job Related To His Field After Msc In Germany? by Emmytricks(m): 11:02pm On May 23, 2020
Goztino:
Good day ladies and gentlemen.
I am about to take a very big risk this year.
I am a graduate of Geology, from a poor family and managed to raise money to start a business last year.

Now I plan to sell everything I have and go for my MSc in Germany this year and intend selling all my goods and even borrow about 1.8million to Complete the needed money, over 4million needed for my studies

NOW MY CONCERN
According to German policy, you are given 18 months to get a job related to your course or return back to your country.
Because of the huge amount needed, returning to Nigeria after Msc is never an option because there are almost no jobs here.
So I ask, what other options can someone use to stay back legally in Germany after Msc?

I heard one can apply for permanent residency after living legally in Germany for 5yrs.
After MSc, can I apply for PhD and then during the course of my PhD program, I will complete 5years in Germany and probably apply for permanent residency even before finishing my PhD program?

I am the one sponsoring myself and really wanna think ahead.
I will appreciate those that studied in Germany to advise me appropriately

Thank God you finally made it to Germany, at least it's a good start.
I've been following your Post in the "Nigerians in Germany" trend for a while now and I'll like to get your input and advice on certain things as I would also like to run a master degree in Germany.
I've sent you a message request please check.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Visa Lottery Photograph Dimension / Moving To Nigeria From The Uk / Looking For Cheap Resident Permits Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.