₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,317,027 members, 5,106,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2019 at 07:36 PM

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. (86672 Views)

"No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by AkieWillis(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12
TheBlessedMAN:
11. THE DOG ATTENDANT. [T. D. A] by T. B. M.

The word 'FATHER', when you hear it or come across it in writing, what comes to your mind? I mean if you were asked to define it explicitly, how well can you put it?

Well, as for me, the word 'Father' can be defined in a lot of ways and it can never ever be over emphasised.

The professors will tell you that a FATHER is the male parent of a child. Whether it is in the Adoptive form or the Biological form, all that matters is the ability to carry out the parental, legal, and social relationship with the child.

That definition makes sense right? Abi no be so?

Okay now, we ain't finished yet, let's go to another part.

During the occasion of my forty seventh year as a father, Gtbank sent me a mind blowing message as a congratulatory text to celebrate the father's day anniversary of that year. I can never forget that message in my life. Here is what they sent to my Gmail box.

The message reads as thus:
'There are no perfect fathers, just loving fathers.
Fathers who stop the world for their children's happiness.

Fathers who motivate their child to achieve amazing things.
Fathers who are there for their children no matter what.
There are no perfect fathers but there is you, the best man for the difficult job that is FATHERHOOD. '
Take it from me, that message is priceless. Gtbank really made my day when I read that text. I was all smiles through out the whole day.

Now that the Professors and the banking industry have given us their own definition and explanation of the word FATHER respectively, its time for me to tell you my own definition of the word FATHER.
As for me o, Darous Emmanuel, I think A father is someone that can follow his children to school when ever a teacher beats them too much.

Well if that is not enough, then nothing can ever be enough to give the true meaning of the word FATHER.

Still yet, I don't think the case can be totally closed unless we take a short trip to GLOCOTEL, (Global College of Thunder and Lightening) to hear their own perception of the word FATHER.

After driving at the speed of light for close to 7hours, we finally arrive at the Axe-like Gate that leads to the inside of the main buildings of GLOCOTEL.
O'boy, our journey doesn't stop there, we still need to embark on another 2hours of light speed to get into the main buildings of the great school that produced writers like Darous Emmanuel, Lord Rayden of the Mortal Kombat, Legendary writers like Larrysun, Racheafst, Audreytimms, Apollux and other great writers in the world.

Now that we are there, precisely inside the office of the V.C, let's ask the VICE CHANCELLOR, Dr Shango, the god of thunder himself what he can say about a father.

"Prof Shango Sir, with due respect and unlimited humility, we will like you to kindly share with us, what you think about the word 'FATHER'"

"Hunununu... ". He clears his throat with a smile and puffs out the genetic smoke in his mouth and nostrils. The smoke was so enormous as they continue coming out of every available hole on his body and there is no doubt that some will be passing out of his anus too. He gave us a last askance glance before he spoke up in his thick and hoarse voice. " A father? The truth of the matter is, you can't explain what you can't explain, but as a learned professor I will grant you your request..... Hmmm, in my own stagnant point of view, I believe the true meaning of A 'father' is someone that have the ancestoral ability to send thunder to fire anyone that tampers wrongly with his child... He should be cruel, unforgiving, intolerable and heartless to anyone found hurting his children. That's who a father should be.... Not someone that will be saying, "don't disturb me, go and meet your mother" all the time......Thank you.. That's all I have for now... "

Chai! Did Shango just said all that? Kai, that's the height of hypocrisy. Help me ask him, what is Lewis, Nike and Chioma still doing on earth if he truly meant what he said? Or am I no longer the heir to the throne?

Wo, o'boy, please let's just go back to the story. Enough time spent on trying to define a father.

"Could he be bluffing?" That was the first thing I asked myself the moment Lewis announced his exit from the room with the sound of the closed door.
It's like one of those decisive awkward moments you face in an exam hall, where the option of cheating to pass, seems like the only option for you to pass the exam or you risk failing by sticking to your morals.

Truly, nothing compares to the life of one's child but at that moment of daunting tension and apprehension, the thought of telling Joke that I never loved her or do something bad to her that can make her hate me the more suddenly seems like an impossible thing to do.

"Could he be bluffing about this? With my child's life?" I couldn't stop asking myself that as I lay on the ground with my side.

I've been laying down for a while now and my sides are starting to hurt. I groaned exasperatedly as the awful predicament continues to dawn on me.

'Maybe I should just grant his request to at least save the life of my child.... Something bad must not happen to my child... The short moment we spent together in his room still sends shrills of excitement to my troubled mind each time I remember it.' I told myself that and was already preparing my voice to shout Lewis name before I heard something from with in.

"Like seriously? Darous? You really want to do that? . call him to do what? surrender to defeat? Can't you see he's only playing games with you? Ask yourself this, how was he able to get a drug to use on your child during that short period you were unconscious? Or you saying he already knows this will happen thereby planing ahead? . Chai, where is the younger version of you. Darous, think.... Don't let this dude outsmart you.. You must get out of here either by fire or force. Haven't you had enough of all these nonsense already? haba! Trouble no dey tire you? " I heard all that from the inside of my brain and before I knew it, I was already replying to it.

"I'm tired of it truly ooo... But what can I do? My hands are tied.... "

"And how is that disturbing you? Can't you get up? ". The voice challenged again.

"Get up? How's that possible? He said I can't get up.. Its impossible for me to get up.... "
"He's playing mind games with you and you are letting him. He's gotten into your head... No wonder he's a neurosurgeon.. He knew perfectly how to manipulate your mind. He did it to Joke and it worked on her. He's doing it to you too... He knew you will try to get up which is why he told you not to even try it and you also believed it.. Its mind game.. Its as simple as that... ". The voice said again.

Five seconds of silence followed before the door gave out a loud squeak to announce the re-emergence of Lewis.

Bro! you as brilliant as Heck, Aje!!!

Omo, see that write up lasan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by jyrre: 8:32pm On Aug 12
tbm still waitin 4 update.....
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Damibiz(m): 11:52am On Aug 13
Most you Quote everything ?
AkieWillis:

Bro! you as brilliant as Heck, Aje!!!
Omo, see that write up lasan

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by AkieWillis(m): 11:33pm On Aug 13
Damibiz:
Most you Quote everything ?
Must*
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Damibiz(m): 5:05pm On Aug 14
Thanks any way
AkieWillis:

Must*
that was auto correction
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by honourable356(m): 8:09am On Aug 15
....Just checked in after a long while. What I met changed my mood.
Thank God the Strom is over.
Remain healthy!!!

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by LawizzyAh(m): 2:04pm On Aug 15
This Son Of Thunder Equals Son Of Laughter Oh. Welcome Back Bro And Happy Married Life.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by sonofElElyon: 5:51am On Aug 16
Shey Darous no fit be happy
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 8:51am On Aug 16
14. THE DOG ATTENDANT. [T.D.A] by TBM.

The C.P stood at akimbo as my inmates fumbled for space to stand. The leg chains and handcuffs was making it kind of difficult for the policemen that marched them in to get them into orderly order.

There were murmurs and whispers going on amongst them as they ventured for comfortability in the room. They were all clad like me in the same V-neck short sleeves and knickers.

They formed a U-shape around the spacious room while the C.P, Nike, Lewis and the Chief Warden stood in front of them. Sergeant Audu and two other policemen with rifles stood at the rear end of my inmates while I remain seated on the floor in the middle of the lots.

This situation I found myself in suddenly is making blood to flow abnormally in my system. The first thing that first came to mind was to back out of the plan but they never born me well to do that. Not now that things are about to get extremely unpredictable.

Truly there was a plan going on, but still nothing is ever guarantee where ever the fate of my well being is involved, so you can understand the reason behind my unsettled apprehension.

"You all need to do our ear drums the favour of keeping quiet...." The C.P Mr Femzie Carlos announced to all of them when the murmurs and titters refused to die down in time.

Groans and Grunts which are the first symptoms of Discomfort, were the reactions that immediately met with the C.P's words to my colleagues in blue vests before one of them suddenly spoke up without minding the presence of who we were.

"Baba police, where we comot still make sense pass this one na, haba, how you tey expect make we nor talk when you pack plenty human being for inside this o n gbo na feli-feli hole (very hot) as if say we be sardine? Ah, we self be human being na. He no... ..." One of the Albinos instantly replied the C.P but before he could finish his statement, Sergeant Audu have interrupted him.

"Keep kwayet there! Where you think say you dey wey your mouth dey sing like mosquito?"

"We dey inside the place wey we no like and you dey expect make we no talk..? Make we no talk?...." Another lanky man by the name of Festus replied him.

"You all better learn to behave or else?...."Seargent Audu warned abruptly.

"Or else what? You go kill us?" Simon, a slim-prison-fit guy replied amid the ongoing murmurs.

"Silence?" The. C.P barked again. "Where......"

"Sir....." One female police with a tomboy stature like that of Sarah Connor of the Terminator film walked in with that interruptive word. She was so slim to the extent that her breast have metamorphosed to make her gender more bobrisked and complicated. I just pity her future children. Those poor souls will have a have a hard time differentiating their dad from their mum. Poor kids will have two dads. One with a vagina and the other with a diick.

"Yes Faith, what's it?" The C.P turned to her as she found her way to him, brushing aside the disgruntled prisoners in the process.

"No push us na?" The albino she made contact with grunted.

"Abi who be this ganself?" Saipon chipped in too.

Faith got to the front of the C.P and saluted him.
"Sir, D.C.P is back in the office sir, with the governor's people." She announced in almost whispers but I was able to hear her loud and clear because of the C.P's relative closeness to my location.

Mr Carlos first wore a frowned look on his face before he spoke back. "grin.C.P and the governor's people ke ?"

"Yes sir......" The said Faith replied sharply as we all listened on in silence trying to pick pieces of what they were saying.

"But the meeting was slated for tomorrow Monday , why are they here today?" In another whisper, the C.P said again.

" I don't know sir...but I can tell them you are not around if that's okay sir..." Faith replied in whisper too.

"No...no...they have already seen my car,....the D.I.G must have called them...."

"You mean my Dad is aware of my situation already?" I hear Lewis say to the confused man in almost whispers too.

Mr Carlos gave him a hard glare and ignored Lewis before returning his face to Faith. "How many of them?"

"Answer me na, is it my dad? I've been calling him.simce but not picking my calls..." Lewis voiced out again to the man in authority here.

"Young man, not everything revolves around you...so please stay out of this..." He said sternly and beckoned Faith to speak up.

"Four sir, plus the D.C P sir...." She replied standardly.

He shook his head briefly as if in a thinking mode before he then settled his gaze on the standing lots. "I don't like this...." He muffled under his breath. "Tell them I will be there shortly. "

"Okay sir..." Faith saluted and exited the room.

"Audu, come here..." The C.P called the Sergeant. "Take down their names for me before I come back. But if I'm not back in the next 30mins, you know what to do....." He instructed in an explicit tone that's devoid of noise.

"Yes sir." Sergeant Audu stiffened his body at once and saluted the man.

"And you..." Mr Carlos faced Lewis. "Don't you have an appointment to catch?"

"No, I will meet my doctor later..." Lewis answered defiantly without giving the man a glance.

"But still, You two have no business here for now, so follow me." The C.P told Lewis and Nike before he motioned to Audu again.

Lewis wanted to counter him again but Nike spoke up. "He's right, we need to check on Chris, he might be already looking for us...." They both exited the room immediately.

The C.P stopped in front of me and called Audu to come again.

"Take him from this place and lock him up somewhere in the toilet, we don't want him intimidating his friends....." The C.P pointed to me as he gave Audu that instruction.

The moment he finished talking, Audu dragged me up gently and led me to the wooden door by the rear side of the spacious room. He opened the door and gently shoved me inside.

He made me sit on the closet while the other corporal that followed us inside worked on getting my handcuff locked to the burglary proof. They exited the restroom after making sure there's no way I can escape from that place.

I bowed down my head exasperatedly as I begin to think again about how I got back into custody. Thinking if o actually made the right decision.l

Meanwhile, I can still hear what is going on outside the door but let me first tell you how I got back to prison when I'm supposed be on my way to Jide's house to claim my 2bn money and be out of the country even despite the fact that I did not have my child with me anymore.

>>>>>>>HOURS AGO<<<<<<<

My eyes flew open when the absence of my child was staring at me in the face. I couldn't believe I was still that stupid to the extent of leaving him all alone in that lonely and dark passage all because I don't want him to see me when I'm looking for what I will use in opening the door. Still because I don't want him to discover my lie as an angel.
'What if Lewis have got him?' That possibility question sprang up in my mind in that instance of fidgetability but before I could ponder more on it, I heard Joke's voice from the outside.

"is he inside?" Her voice queried and I instantly switched off the torch in my hand. I was stunned to hear her voice in that environment.

"Who mummy?" That was Chris voice.

"The man inside with you...." Joke said again. "Did he hurt you? Why are you sweating? Did he hurt you anywhere? Come over here....come here....." There was a brief silence after that before Chris spoke.

"Mr Zeus?" I heard Chris say that out and I was left to wonder when I suddenly became Mr Zeus.

"Who is that? Who is Mr Zeus?"

"Mummy, you don't know him?”

" of course I don't know any Mr Zeus..."

" Mummy, mummy, he disappeared to my room and said he want to take me to my daddy..he said bad Uncle Lewis is not my daddy......"

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Let's get you to safety first..." That was the last thing I heard from Joke shortly before the sound of her footsteps followed.

I waited two minutes before I concluded on what to do. I gently open the door and stepped outside into the open. The day was very sunny and windy. The environment was bushy and fenced with blocks to an eight course height. A small house still under construction was situated closely to the big gate. The walkway path to the gate was narrow and littered with used pure water sachets and empty plastic drinks.

I contemplated on going out through that gate or just scaling the fence so as to avoid any collision with Joke in case she plans on returning to the place.

Scaling the fence is dangerous seeing as I don't know what lies outside it, but passing through the gate is also risky but I have to take that risk.

Then, I begin to proceed out gently towards the gate with all my sense organ working in unison to alert me of any approaching danger.

I got to the gate and peaked out first. The outside was almost as bushy as the inside but I saw one big WINNERS CHAPEL signboard that suddenly gave me a priceless clue of where I am. I'm still in Ibadan, also in the street behind my house that Joke got from me illegally.

I quickly pondered on which road Joke must have taken. The polygamous motorable road or the divorced bushy one that leads to the back gate of my house? I know about the road because when the builders were building my house, it was through that place that they use to get to the other street whenever they want to go and buy something to eat.

I don't know if Joke knows about that road or not but remember that the back gate was locked when I got there earlier, so it's only logical to presume that Joke must have taken Chris through the polygamous one.

I stepped outside fully and begin to walk straight with the aim of taking the shortcut that leads to the back gate of my house, with the hope of rounding my own fence to get to the other street that will lead me to where I parked the car I brought to the place. Remember that car belongs to Jarter's men, late Lovelyn's husband. I plan on using it to get to Jide's house.

I was now walking very fast along the bushy way that leads to my fence. All sense was on red alert to get out of that place uncaught.

I saw the black colored gate and took a pause. The pestle knock I got from Lewis , coupled with the fact that I never chop anything since the previous day was starting to affect my strength so I decided to catch my breath a little.

I bent down and rested my hands on my knees. "I will overcome this...that's for sure..." I said to myself and got up again. I formed saliva in my mouth so as to alternatively quench the thirst in my mouth.

I proceeded in my steps but as I was about to round the left corner of my fence, a voice called me from behind.

"Darous...." The voice was grumpy so I wasn't able to identify the owner. The earth stopped in it's rotation when the voice called me again, but now with a less grumpy tone. "Darous, is that you?"

Slowly, I turned around, it felt as if the earth has resumed in it's endless rotation and my neck begin to spin faster when my eyes settled on that familiar face.

In Carl Sagan's voice when he was describing the Earth as a Pale Blue Dot, he says, " that's her, that's she, in her lies, every joy I've ever known, and every mountain of sadness I ever passed through. Standing before me in that tiny spot enveloped in that cosmic bushy arena.

Finally, She's truly the aggregate of all my Joys and Sufferings.

T.B.C. This update came from the sickest part of my being while I was in the hospital. In simpler unhospitality terms, HELP ME MANAGE AM.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Prezzkhid(m): 10:33am On Aug 16
This story is so captivating! I can't really wait for the next episode... Keep up the good work and get well bro...

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by paqman(m): 10:42am On Aug 16
My champ is back
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by walexyf1(m): 12:41pm On Aug 16
TBM av update ooo
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by NzeSteve(m): 12:43pm On Aug 16
Dropping dis episode means u are getting stronger... We stand wit u broo.... More strength to d man wey sabi
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 1:11pm On Aug 16
NzeSteve:
Dropping dis episode means u are getting stronger... We stand wit u broo.... More strength to d man wey sabi
sure boss. I resumed work fully on Wednesday. All thanks to your well wishes

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by kaysmart4real(m): 6:19pm On Aug 16
[b][/b]Quickest Recovery Bro. We stand by YouQuickest Recovery Bro. We stand by YouQuickest Recovery Bro. We stand by You
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by jyrre: 9:13pm On Aug 16
weldone tbm....i really enjoy dis post
nd quick recovery
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by odyx: 11:49pm On Aug 16
Wellndone tbm u are wonderful, just keep updating
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by obicoolnino: 7:28am On Aug 17
Thanks for sharing bro, looking forward to the next episode
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Kaycee9242(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17
well done bro
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by LawizzyAh(m): 9:58pm On Aug 17
Weh Done Tank U Try Again Another Day, kpa kpa kpa kpa kpaaa TBM God Bless U And Make U Wiser Amen. Bro Wish U Quick Recovery
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Psmark: 10:02pm On Aug 17
Thank you for updating and the lord is your strength oh

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Surerock: 1:24pm On Aug 19
TBM you simply the BOMB! The way you are describing previous event even when future is known is just amazing. The way i envisioned what would have played out in the uncompleted building was completely out of context. KEEP UP WITH THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by MistaMerlin(m): 2:14pm On Aug 19
[color=#000099][/color]
At last I was able to catch up. TBM you are wonderful.
Soyinka of nairaland

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Asek1(m): 4:19pm On Aug 19
Cool update TBM
Good to know you back on your feet
More thunderistic grace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

A Story: Broken Vows / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7

Viewing this topic: captainjack44, ilotriouzAY(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 260
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.