Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? (38053 Views)

What Was Obasanjo's Nationality Before Nigeria Supposedly Gained Independence / Why Was Obasanjo So Mean? / Was Obasanjo Fathered By Police Officer Onyejekwe? A Myth Buster In Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by dreyton(m): 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
That's because the Americans don't make friends with you unless there's something they're gaining from you, you can't gain something from a man like buhari or yar'adua because integrity (oti po ju,)
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by jadeliyi(m): 10:49pm On Mar 19, 2019
BuddhaPalm:

Even the US isn't a "truly democratic" country.
Ideal democracy is not possible

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
bluebay:
lol... keep dreaming..International bodies won’t allow that. Mind you, Obasanjo made that attempt and failed..
ok. U think now is before Abi. Sai baba till 2030 . He will rule till he die
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by jadeliyi(m): 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
dreyton:
That's because the Americans don't make friends with you unless there's something they're gaining from you, you can't gain something from a man like buhari or yar'adua because integrity (oti po ju,)
What did they gain from jona which lack the supposed integrity
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by jadeliyi(m): 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
BoboKush:

because Afonja are good at leadership position u cant take that away.... I'm a Proud Afonja
AFONJA? Obj Is An Oodua not an afonja

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by jadeliyi(m): 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
Anazp:
whats the meaning of POTUS punk?
PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATE

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by sabidey: 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
oyebanji44:
Obj's one aim in life is to make this nation a truly democratic country.he believed that in Nigeria, national loyalties were stronger than tribal ones.And this was one of the reasons why majority of the yorubas disliked him grin grin
they were definitely here for something, not that they care. Obasenjo's one of the reasons we're where we are today

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by captianfreeman(m): 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
Obasanjo na CIA agent.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Yorubasaredogs: 11:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
[s]
oforjide:
Bill clinton and george bush visited obasanjo under his civilian govt I don't believe it. From 1999 till this year I have never heard nor watched any american president in this country. Please op I need to be clarified tell me the year and the month or else you are telling lies
[/s]You weren't born when the duo visited. Simple

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by nkemjacob2(m): 11:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
Nigeria done spoil jor.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Emdy010: 11:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
It's because Obasanjo is an agent of CIA. PERIOD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
Isn't it obvious? The US government had hoped that Nigeria as a nation will get better. Right now, they're just interested into getting Iur government into signing contracts that grows their economy
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Soul47(m): 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
iammo:
cool

Even. Queen Elizabeth visited him.

Obasanjo's only mission in Nigeria as sent by the western world(through several training in England, US and India), was simply to keep Nigeria Underdeveloped by blocking all progress in the power sector, Encouraging bad governance through imposition of weak presidential candidates and making sure Nigeria never get to develop ajaokuta steel complex

Anytime Obasanjo ask Graduates to go back to farm in modern terms i laugh, western world wants you as farmers and their kids as manufacturer. While you work on cotton platation, kardashian sisters become billionare fashion mogul without even knowing how cotton plant looks like, or know how to actually sow cloths

Egypt added 12000megawatts of electricity to their grid in just 3 years without nuclear or coal they now export electricity to ethopia earning cool forex, Obasanjo dribble us on electricity for 8 years his stooge played us and sold Nepa to people who intentionaly wont give meters or transformers, and forced independent power plant owners to serve the national grid or loose their license. There by fufilling western cardinal agenda of non competitive Nigeria.

Seriously this is the most 'woke' comment I have come across. Sadly, it is true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by pcicero(m): 11:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
I didn't even care to read most of the dumb comments because most of them were still in diapers while OBJ ruled.

Hate him or like him, OBJ is by far the most nationalistic and charismatic leader Nigeria has ever had. He had his hubris like every other human, but he has always placed this country above every other primordial sentiments.

Apart form his botched third term agenda, the only other reason why my folks detest him was because of Lagos-Abeokuta expressway that he didn't fix.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by neyobills: 11:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
Anazp:
whats the meaning of POTUS punk?

Who is this uncouth Omo shakushaku

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by olas24u(f): 11:40pm On Mar 19, 2019
pcicero:
I didn't even care to read most of the dumb comments because most of them were still in diapers while OBJ ruled.

Hate him or like him, OBJ is by far the most nationalistic and charismatic leader Nigeria has ever had. He had his hubris like every other human, but he has always placed this country above every other primordial sentiments.

Apart form his botched third term agenda, the only other reason why my folks detest him was because of Lagos-Abeokuta expressway that he didn't fix.
He destroyed Nigeria ,he was an economic hitman

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by olas24u(f): 11:41pm On Mar 19, 2019
oforjide:
Bill clinton and george bush visited obasanjo under his civilian govt I don't believe it. From 1999 till this year I have never heard nor watched any american president in this country. Please op I need to be clarified tell me the year and the month or else you are telling lies
Bill Clinton came to Nigeria during obj

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by pcicero(m): 11:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
olas24u:

He destroyed Nigeria ,he was an economic hitman

You are right, I am wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by YourFreedom(m): 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
kiix:
My people, I beg you, please help me, complete 3 questions about an international oil company in France? It is for an academic work.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ioc-brand

I appreciate una!
You are into paid surveys online business . You do not need to lie to get ahead. Change

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by 8stargeneral: 11:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
During Obj notting like boko haram grin grin.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by olas24u(f): 11:54pm On Mar 19, 2019
jaxxy:
Obasanjo is the greatest president we probably ever had. Great can only recognize Great!
He was an economic hitman,and his mission was to actually destroy the social political and economic development of Nigeria.from electricity,to railway to ajaokuta ,to Nigeria airways,Nigerian shipping lines ,nothing must work or move
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by akdjr(m): 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
Simply because Nigeria just returned to democracy after US complete their mission by eliminating the military head of state.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 20, 2019
Ebora owu himself. He is one of the most detribalised Nigerians you will ever meet and you can take that to the bank.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by babtunns(m): 12:08am On Mar 20, 2019
Gazzy88:
So you mean since 1960 that we got independence, it doesn't occur to you why that visits were patterned in those manners. Something isn't right with those circumstantial visits.

Nothing in my opinion... Just a coincidence..
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 20, 2019
Babalegba:
President carter visited Nigeria in 1978

OBJ was president back den

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Lighero(m): 12:11am On Mar 20, 2019
Because Nigerians especially thepolitical class don't have any plans for this country
N f a. All nigerians do is envy each other and set trap for one another. We might be living in the 21st century but some our brains are set to the Era of the cave. So sorry to say. Nigerians when are you going to change.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Yankee101: 12:15am On Mar 20, 2019
Obj na insider

If you know you know

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by chuckjonesbaba(m): 12:32am On Mar 20, 2019
aristocrazzy:
Because he is afonja undecided

No because he is the only person who was there when Nigeria was created and knows the nooks and crannies of African politics... Obasanjo is the elder statesman that we overlook out of tribal and religious differences.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by samlake(m): 12:42am On Mar 20, 2019
If you play to their tune they will come...
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Muscomide: 12:49am On Mar 20, 2019
Obj wen be CIA informant tey tey.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by goodvision12(m): 1:00am On Mar 20, 2019
You dont expect them to visit a lifeless president

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Bullet Extracted From Head Of Police Victim – Pathologist / Soyinka To UN: Declare Nigeria As Protectorates To Stop Bandits ‘Slave Trade’ / Jonathan Has Fulfilled God’s Assignment — Deeper Life Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.