Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

"Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research (27728 Views)

‘this Marriage Wrecked Me’ — How DNA Shows He’s Not Father Of SS ‘son' / Little Boy Attends To His Kid Sister While Their Mother Writes A Test (Video) / Twin Sisters Impregnated By Their Mother's Fiancé In Nasarawa, Welcome Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Dami12345: 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
gistfever:
@Gistvic.com

A trending photo as going round the internet of a research which shows that children inherit their intelligence from their mother not father. Gistvic Reports.

The research also says women are more likely to transmit intelligence genes to their children because they carried on the X chromosome. Gistvic Reports.

News From Gistvic.com>> https://www.gistvic.com/2019/03/children-inherit-their-intelligence.html

Lies. Then how come women are so dumb angry

Stupid feminist agenda where the father has been reduced below the dog in the American home.

Fufk this shit am out.

1 Like

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by crackhaus: 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
blank:
I've always felt so through anecdotal evidence. This makes it stronger in my mind.
Lol.

Do you know the meaning of 'anecdotal evidence'?
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by ToyinDipo(m): 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
Lool, next joke please, this is sooooooooooooo wrong based on ALL instances I've experience.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Ozkar: 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
crackhaus:

That's the right term to describe it. What we have here is a hypothesis.
If it was all about posting articles, i could easily post one that discredits this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillingham/2016/09/16/no-research-has-not-established-that-you-inherited-your-intelligence-from-your-mother/#748d89226502
yeah, read this too. Pretty much touched on most of the reservations I had while reading the PsychologySpot article.

The funny part is that on the comments section of that article most persons just accepted it, and then went on to start explaining how they are intelligent like their mothers. Same way people are acting on this thread.

None seemed to realise that the sources were mostly pro-nurture (like breastfeeding and post birth interaction). Even the ones that had 'gene' in the title didn't even prove that intelligence is inherited at all, much less from the mother.

The way people swallow opinions disguised as facts ehn... undecided
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Gerrard59(m): 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
This is not breaking news na. It has been for a long time. Children get at least 50% of their intelligence from their mother not father. It constitutes the natural aspect of intelligence which is different from the nurture aspect (environmental factors).

The intelligent 'gene' is on the X chromosome which men don't give during copulation. Women have XX and men XY. We can even say that boys inherit their intelligence from their mothers not fathers. Then again, the mitochondria is inherited from the mother. Though mitochondrial genes might not seem to be genes “for” intelligence, however, brains are huge consumers consumers of metabolic energy (the brain consumes 25% of body glucose) - which is supplied by mitochondria. Better mitochondria are likely to translate to better brain function.

Additionally, if one says his mom wasn't intelligent but her children are, you have to consider the environment the mom grew in and her lineage. Her mom could have been very intelligent. Another factor is that some cases are exceptions not the norm.

That you do not believe the study or such studies doesn't mean there are false. If you disagree, you could conduct yours and publish it for peer review.

MODIFIED:

The research paper that I have relied for years as evidence for my post has been trounced by several superior articles.

My bad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Ozkar: 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2019
lexy2014:

It boils down 2 nurture & training not nature & inheritance. An intelligent woman would definitely impact her child with her intelligence/level of thinking and a mentally average woman will do same 4 her child.
thank you jor. This obvious fact is like String theory for many persons.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Kennydoc(m): 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
nijabazaar:
Intelligence is not inherited.....this is super fake.

Einstein gave birth to a schizophrenic and a normal son. Both aint geniuses

Micheal Jackson children aint prodigious even though their father x super talented.

Non of Bill gates children is a veritable programmer

Maybe you should consider the wives they married since the article said intelligence is inherited from mothers not fathers. cheesy
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by pacespot(m): 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
reason why you should not marry a dumb wife smiley smiley smiley
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Dami12345: 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
blank:

Makes me wonder why they didn't marry intelligent women. grin

Maybe because there aren't any!! angry grin cheesy
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by wahles(m): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
nijabazaar:

Micheal Jackson children aint prodigious even though their father x super talented.

Brother, Micheal, Einstein and Bill are not women na
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Futureyahooboi(m): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
SO PERSON WEY GO MARRY OLOSHO NA DIE BE THAT OOOO!!!
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Destined2win: 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2019
MorataFC:
u missed the point bro, going to school or not doesn't define the word 'intelligence'
smiley I think you are the one that's missing it. Intelligence is different from Brilliance.

Someone can be brilliant but not intelligent and vice versa
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2019
well I sense this is true cause my mom can easily sense when I tell lies or knows what in my mind
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by SoliBayNG: 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
nijabazaar:

You are only arguing in favour of the paper, because they say it's from the mom.. And rather than argue against.. You just helped to show that they are right.

1 Like

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by noble2faith(m): 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2019
AntiBrutus:

And the men of this generation are smart?

Yet these same smart men will somehow marry dumb women.

If you ask me, I think the men are dumber. It takes a special kinda dumb to put up with a dumb person for life.

O dun gan! grin grin oko oro ba!
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by joepepsy(m): 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
I agree when it's time to extract money from men they can be super intelligent.
Jirair:
Basically, women are more intelligent than men.
We already know but thanks for the confirmation. wink
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by hope4life: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2019
Lloydthesaint:
My moms not that smart embarassed

Don't mind them.One of my daughters take after my intelligence
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by RTSC: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2019
lexy2014:

It boils down 2 nurture & training not nature & inheritance. An intelligent woman would definitely impact her child with her intelligence/level of thinking and a mentally average woman will do same 4 her child. This is even more true cos children spend more time with their mothers than their fathers
Nuture and training does not account for all form of intelligence.

We have seen numerous examples of children from deprived, unstable background with brains as hot as fire.

Intelligence is as genetic as it is from nuture. infact, even more so.

1 Like

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by nijabazaar: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2019
Kennydoc:

Maybe you should consider the wives they married since the article said intelligence is inherited from mothers not fathers. cheesy

I am actually arguing that intelligence cannot be transferred no matter if the parent is intelligent
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
nijabazaar:

Lol, you ended up indirectly proving the "super fake" research right.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by nijabazaar: 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
RTSC:

Nuture and training does not account for all form of intelligence.

We have seen numerous examples of children from deprived, unstable background with brains as hot as fire.

Intelligence is as genetic as it is from nuture. infact, even more so.

If you say intelligence is transmutable to offsprings then why then aint we seeing it with prodigous people land their children.

Take for example , Einstein and Mozart.

Or Steve jobs, or Steve Wozniak or Chinua Achebe. These people raised children in near perfect child-enabling environs but their children aint as extraordinary as them....why

I think intelligence is a quotient of environmental factors and not of genes.

If we go the genes angle, then we are inherently buying into Francis Crick's (One of the DNA discoverers) that the reason why Africans cant progress is because they lack it in their genes to do so. He recieved severe backlash for this, all awards save the Nobel prize was stripped from him
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by sowilli: 12:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
slivertongue:
BUT SOME MOTHERS ARE SUPER DULL, INFACT SOME COUPLES ARE SUPER DULL YET THEIR KIDS ARE EXTRA ORDINARILY intelligent.
there is something called dominant and recessive genes. Pray that dullness isn't a dominant gene in your family cheesy. The case above could have been recessive one
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Donjazzy12(m): 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
gistfever:
@Gistvic.com

A trending photo as going round the internet of a research which shows that children inherit their intelligence from their mother not father. Gistvic Reports.

The research also says women are more likely to transmit intelligence genes to their children because they carried on the X chromosome. Gistvic Reports.

News From Gistvic.com>> https://www.gistvic.com/2019/03/children-inherit-their-intelligence.html

Feminism will destroy you all!

Every day we hear all kinds of news to further reduce the importance of the male gender!

Very soon you will see a scientific research which postulates that men are utterly useless!

These researches are being promoted by feminists and their supporters!

Be smart guys stop promoting this!
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by nijabazaar: 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
ikennaf1:

Lol, you ended up indirectly proving the "super fake" research right.

I was trying to say that no parent can transfer acquired or inherent skillsets/abilities to their offspring. If we accept that as fact tben we should as well accept Darwinism

1 Like

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Mcy56(f): 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2019
Destined2win:
My grandma didn't go to school but she was more intelligent than many people of nowadays
Going to school and intelligence are two different things.
Check well, you'll discovered she was super intelligent in other areas.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by geesilver(m): 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
MorataFC:
u missed the point bro, going to school or not doesn't define the word 'intelligence'
may be he took after his grandma
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Mcy56(f): 1:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
sad sad
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by baby124: 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
Its very true. Read about this a long time ago. But it can vary in ability because the woman is just passing down traits.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Amberon11: 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
The independent are now doing feminist propaganda right? Some of you are just so stupid it's unfathomable. If they had said children inherit intelligence genes from their father's would you haveade such senseless comment?
Ohraykon:
Dey av come again feminist propaganda both sexes are smart lets stop diving human males n females rubbish n buhari.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Amberon11: 1:15pm On Mar 19, 2019
Like your mother?
Olalan:
If true the next generation of kids would be dummies cause ladies of this age are mostly dumb only concerned with slaying,instagram and selfies.......
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by sweetilicious(f): 1:15pm On Mar 19, 2019
My children will be greater than me in all ram ramifications.I won't let them down.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Amberon11: 1:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
Kylie Jenner is a slay Queen who leveraged on her fame to create a billion dollar business at just 20. What has your mother and sister's who are not slay queens achieved? Better still, what have you achieved other than being a keyboard warrior?

PS: Most of those "slay queens" are better in you in all ramifications.
Olalan:
If true the next generation of kids would be dummies cause ladies of this age are mostly dumb only concerned with slaying,instagram and selfies.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / Four Generations Of Nigerian Men Family Picture / 68-Year-Old Woman Battered By Her 79-Year-Old Husband In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.