Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. (1797 Views)

Check This Atiku Official Spokesperson Facebook Comment About Tinubu / Atiku - Court Will Sack Buhari / Falana Predicts What Will Happen In Atiku’s Court Case Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2019
Atiku would definitely win at the tribunal. APC would definitely appeal. Until it gets to the supreme court.

I don't really know how it works. How long is it supposed to take? 1year? 2years? 3years? 6months?

Timing is everything..

Mynd4
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by yarimo(m): 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:
Atiku would definitely win at the tribunal. APC would definitely appeal. Until it gets to the supreme court.

I don't really know how it works. How long is it supposed to take? 1year? 2years? 3years? 6months?

Timing is everything..

Mynd4
ATIKU will definitely win at the tribunal, I laugh at you in IGBO language Kikihihmimehahi grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by phelonrays: 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2019
His entire generation........... tell him to ask baba how How oga Jonah bleep him IN court......... Even though he has the authentic evidence to upturn everything concerning the election he should not forget that THIS IS NIGERIA grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
yarimo:
ATIKU will definitely win at the tribunal, I laugh at you in IGBO language Kikihihmimehahi grin grin

What are you saying?
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
phelonrays:
His entire generation........... tell him to ask baba how How oga Jonah bleep him IN court......... Even though he has the authentic evidence to upturn everything concerning the election he should not forget that THIS IS NIGERIA grin

Are you saying in the face of an overwhelming evidence the court would throw a legit case outta the window? I don't think so..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by oyebanji44: 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
grin
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

Are you saying in the face of an overwhelming evidence the court would throw a legit case outta the window? I don't think so..

Which overwhelming evidence? You forgot that both camps rig the election? The winner eventually is the person majority vote for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by slivertongue: 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2019
As stipulated by law or court as d case maybe. but it will drag till victory is achieved. this am sure!
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2019
maryjames9:

Which overwhelming evidence? You forgot that both camps rig the election? The winner eventually is the person majority vote for.

Atiku is the one going to court na..Atiku is the one with evidence na..If Atiku presents his evidence, would the courts say ' Atiku rigged too'? Where is the evidence.? Where is your evidence?
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by netpro(m): 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
Atiku will be in court for 3 years plus - Tribunal (3-6 months), Federal High Court (1yr and 6 months), Appeal Court (6 months), his case will be referred back to High Court (additional 6 months), then to Appeal Court (6 months), finally to Supreme Court and with 2 months his case will be thrown out on technicalities.

This time is to allow PDP supporters and Lawyers to extract what they can from Atiku's loots. And if he refuse to pay, PDP members themselves will throw him away.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by desiredhome: 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

Is Atiku not going to tender his rigging evidence?, hahahahaha laughing in Swahili

1 Like

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
netpro:
Atiku will be in court for 3 years plus - Tribunal (3-6 months), Federal High Court (1yr and 6 months), Appeal Court (6 months), his case will be referred back to High Court (additional 6 months), then to Appeal Court (6 months), finally to Supreme Court and with 2 months his case will be thrown out on technicalities.

This time is to allow PDP supporters and Lawyers to extract what they can from Atiku's loots. And if he refuse to pay, PDP members themselves will throw him away.

Are you saying this because you are a Buhari supporter or are you saying this because you have sense?
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by desiredhome: 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

Is Atiku not going to tender his rigging evidence? Abi na only APC waka come cheesy hahahahaha laughing in Swahili

1 Like

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2019
desiredhome:

Is Atiku not going to tender his rigging evidence? Abi na only APC waka come cheesy hahahahaha laughing in Swahili

What is funny here? Why are you laughing in swahili?
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by billante(m): 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

Timing is everything..

Mynd4

The electoral act said tribunal must give judgement before 180 days after petition has been filled.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by billante(m): 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
netpro:

There is no high court or Appeal court.

After tribunal judgement the next appeal is Supreme Court the final judgement.
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
billante:

The electoral act said tribunal must give judgement before 180 days after petition has been filled.

Thank you. That's 6months from now.
What hapoens if Atiku wins? Buhari appeals? Right? How long does that take? Another 6months?
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by billante(m): 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

Thank you. That's 6months from now.
What hapoens if Atiku wins? Buhari appeals? Right? How long does that take? Another 6months?

Not sure how long, but appeal judgements are much faster than tribunal judgement because the major work is done at the tribunal.

So expect Supreme Court judgement in 30-60 days from case filling.

1 Like

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by zlantanfan: 5:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
An average governorship court case takes 2-3 years.

Now consider the complexity of a presidential election from various states on same 4 year mandate.

Consider the character called atiku and how lawyers love to milk him (enough adjournment).

Need I remind you that this is Nigeria were a beneficiary of a massively rigged election publicly notified the world that he won through rigging (against same buhari) yet the judiciary ruled the opposite way

2 Likes

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by billante(m): 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
zlantanfan:
An average governorship court case takes 2-3 years.

Now consider the complexity of a presidential election from various states on same 4 year mandate.

Consider the character called atiku and how lawyers love to milk him (enough adjournment).

Need I remind you that this is Nigeria were a beneficiary of a massively rigged election publicly notified the world that he won through rigging (against same buhari) yet the judiciary ruled the opposite way

A governorship tribunal court case doesn't take 2-3 yrs...Adeleke of osun filled his case Oct last yr and tribunal has already reserved final judgement for this month.

Court thinking in yaradua case was even if you remove the supposed manipulated votes yaradua will still win buhari squarely

Yaradua won buhari by more than 15 million votes in that election.

So in atiku case if his team present glaring evidences, tribunal will definately upturn that election because margin wasn't even that much.
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by PremiumLeaks: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

Timing is everything..

Mynd4

You folks have started getting your hopes so high and when it gets dashed like it was in the elections, all you will have left is wailing!!

You folks need to know that election petitions is for you to prove that the electoral malpractices committed during the elections is sufficient enough to cancel the elections and in this case my brother forget all the grandstanding it is not an easy feat!

I see folks in here shouting bodycam bla bla without considering its ADMISSIBILITY in court! (Even if it is admitted what makes you folks think the APC doesn't have its own to keep the tribunal busy for sometime!)

The APC will now question the veracity of the videos on the grounds that it could have been "doctored"!! Hope you are following? After all this technical legal rigmarole, the PDP has to now prove how the electoral malpractice in few pollin units SUBSTANTIALLY affects the overall results of the elections..(the case of obaseki governor of edo state and that pastor should come to mind) and then the case will be thrown out base on technicalities!

Atiku is taking a man to court who has been down this route 3times and he thinks he stands a chance?

I just gave you just a pinch of what will occur when the case commences and my advice keep your hopes low cos the case is dead on arrival

2 Likes

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Excelboi(m): 6:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

Timing is everything..

Mynd4
Election petition at tribunal take maximum of 180 days to be concluded and judgment delivered. The time cannot be enlarged or expanded by the court. So the matter is to be heard and disposed within 180 days. If their is any appeal to that effect, the judgment for that appeal has to be determined within 90 days.
180 days + 90 days = 270 days (around 9 months) Everything including initial petition and appeal if any has to be completed within this period.

1 Like

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 6:54pm On Mar 19, 2019
@premiumleaks. First of, you have to understand that Atiku is an intelligent man who is not easily swayed by emotions.

2ndly, If Atiku and the PDP have decided to go to court, it is because they have overwhelming evidence which we don't know about (there are issues of card readers not been used in certain areas, such areas ought to be canceled, according to INEC, issues of gross irregularities, etc).

3rdly, because Buhari has gone down this line 3times doesn't mean a damn thing.

4thly, no court can throw out a valid case in the face of overwhelming evidence. Let me see that judge that doesn't have sense.

Atiku has a good case and this would even further expose INEC as a useless body that doesn't have common sense..
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
Excelboi:
Election petition at tribunal take maximum of 180 days to be concluded and judgment delivered. The time cannot be enlarged or expanded by the court. So the matter is to be heard and disposed within 180 days. If their is any appeal to that effect, the judgment for that appeal has to be determined within 90 days.
180 days + 90 days = 270 days (around 9 months) Everything including initial petition and appeal if any has to be completed within this period.

Thank you. This doesn't include supreme court, does it?
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Excelboi(m): 7:02pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

Thank you. This doesn't include supreme court, does it?
Appeal on Presidential election petition tribunal lies to the Supreme Court straight. So Supreme Court has 90 days to conclude and give judgment.

1 Like

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by desiredhome: 7:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

What is funny here? Why are you laughing in swahili?

Laughing at the possible outcome of the Court. smiley
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by PremiumLeaks: 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

@premiumleaks. First of, you have to understand that Atiku is an intelligent man who is not easily swayed by emotions.
1. What has this got to do with proving his case?

2ndly, If Atiku and the PDP have decided to go to court, it is because they have overwhelming evidence which we don't know about (there are issues of card readers not been used in certain areas, such areas ought to be canceled, according to INEC, issues of gross irregularities, etc).

2. Every person that has gone to an election tribunal including Buhari for three times BELIEVED they had credible overwhelming evidence to prove their case but lo and behold we know how it ends! Let pander to your opinion that Atiku has a good case, have you considered Buhari's defence team?

3rdly, because Buhari has gone down this line 3times doesn't mean a damn thing.
4. It does cos you are dealing with a man who has been there and knows how tedious it can be to prove your "good case"

4thly, no court can throw out a valid case in the face of overwhelming evidence. Let me see that judge that doesn't have sense.
5. Hahahahaha...and what will you do more than what you just did...create a thread on Nairaland, scribble some unintelligible words and RAAAANNNT..anyway number 2 above suffices!

Atiku has a good case and this would even further expose INEC as a useless body that doesn't have common sense..anyway dream on it is free bro

I thought you were going to take on the points I presented but u did what the typical nairalander does -regurgitate the same cliche..."Atiku has a good case" whatever that means!!

1 Like

Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by Lanretoye(m): 8:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
How long will it take each witness to testify.
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by senatordave1(m): 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
slivertongue:
As stipulated by law or court as d case maybe. but it will drag till victory is achieved. this am sure!
Yes,victory for buhari.by the way maximum is 7 months loser
Re: How Long Will This Atiku's Court Case Take.. by WinkWrld: 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
4years in court

(1) (2) (Reply)

REVEALED: Atiku Possesses Strong Evidence To Defeat Buhari At Election Tribunal / Legal Aid Council Lauds Ugwuanyi's Commitment To Justice Delivery / Breaking: Customs Commences Online Auction Of Seized Vehicles, Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.