Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:06 AM

Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks (49967 Views)

Woman Crashes Her Car Into Frozen Lake, Takes Selfie As Car Sinks In Canada / Trailer Carrying Diesel Sinks In Owerri As A Newly Constructed Road Collapses / Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
May it's gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by IbrahimDamola: 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
Oluwa o.... Gbese re o!
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by computermouse(m): 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
rooftech:
Grimaldi’s Grande America sinks off France

The fire stricken Italian ship, MV Grande America, owned by the Grimaldi Group, has sunk in the Bay of Biscay in water depth of 4,600 meters off the coast of France.
According to France’s Marine Nationale, the ship, a container-roro carrier, sank on Tuesday at 1526 local time about 180 nautical miles off the French coast.
Fire broke out on the Grande America on Sunday night as the ship was underway in the Bay of Biscay during a voyage from Hamburg, Germany to Casablanca, Morocco. The fire was primarily located in cargo containers in the forward portion of the ship. Several containers fell off the ship into the water while it was burning before it eventually sank on Tuesday afternoon.
All 27 crew members abandoned ship in a lifeboat and later rescued by British frigate HMS Argyll and were taken ashore to the French port of Brest.
No major injuries were reported, although several of the crew members were treated for smoke inhalation.
The 213-meter, 27,965 dwt Grande America was built in 1997.It was carrying 2000 cars and 365 containers bound for Lagos, Nigeria

http://shipsandports.com.ng/grimaldis-grande-america-sinks-off-france/

FOB are dead - same as C and F-
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by erico2k2(m): 8:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
sonnie10:

Ok. Maybe you did for personal use. Do you know that is very difficult to make profit from just cars? The profit is in goods. Do you know that when people ship cars to customers they take advantage to ship other goods along with it.
To answer the second part of your question. When you ship your cars loaded with goods inside a container, wharf rat cannot open the container. Only during inspection would it be opened and your agent would be there.
to answer your first part
There are certain cars you cant add goods to, ie if Im shipping 5 cars and they are all high value say 46million naira and above, are you telling me as a shipping agent you are going to put goods inside?
2, Now let assume I buy danfo and you decide as a shiping agent to load goods inside and me now decided to use mynephew who is a clearing agent to clear the car, how do you get your goods without me charging you for space gained?
for the last part,its even easier to still your goods if the whole container is not offloaded at your own yard, if its one of those yards around ladipo or tin can,sorry ohh those boys are even worse off.
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by adecz: 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
My Bugatti Veyron!!! sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by FrenchyL(m): 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
Oblitz:
Chai, my venza o!

grin grin
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by Mutemenot(m): 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
Time for some agent n car importers to chop people money . Them go just tel u your car was in d ship
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by Maket: 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
rooftech:
Grimaldi’s Grande America sinks off France

Fire broke out on the Grande America on Sunday night as the ship was underway in the Bay of Biscay during a voyage from Hamburg, Germany to Casablanca, Morocco.........It was carrying 2000 cars and 365 containers bound for Lagos, Nigeria

http://shipsandports.com.ng/grimaldis-grande-america-sinks-off-france/
Op, you edited the original news. There is no place the news made mentioned of NIGERIA or the highlighted which you added to hot the air.
What do you achieve from this?
When has Morocco becomes Nigeria?
Nairalanders should learn to read news from the source and not the edited ones making front page.
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by doggedfighter(f): 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
Ishilove:

Blame the mods who do not conduct due diligence on a story before posting the crap to the home page

You're right. The mods should be blamed. Sadly it's getting worse by the day. Craps on front page. lipsrsealed
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by Butoneday2(m): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
DemolaUnbias:
Gbese, but insurance wld cover the loss
Insurance ko insurance ni
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by lade007(m): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
Officialgarri:
Some people's first car is in that ship and they would be regretting why it happened in their turn

All will be paid to the affected persons......as long as they can prove the worth of the vehicles or containers
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by Johncables402: 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
Buhari is a bastard.
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by Jabioro: 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
The insurer are the run,"Gbese to sweet"
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by overseasnbeyond: 8:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
Cry for yourself in Naija! All the cars got insurance
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by Laxx007(m): 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
Chukudi your village people in action
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by pawpaw82(m): 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
My God! Nna my container my goods! Chinekie
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by CarGuideNG: 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by bellotaofeek: 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2019
I hope it's not the reason why my goods is taking longer time to arrive....
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by sonnie10: 8:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
erico2k2:

to answer your first part
There are certain cars you cant add goods to, ie if Im shipping 5 cars and they are all high value say 46million naira and above, are you telling me as a shipping agent you are going to put goods inside?
2, Now let assume I buy danfo and you decide as a shiping agent to load goods inside and me now decided to use mynephew who is a clearing agent to clear the car, how do you get your goods without me charging you for space gained?
for the last part,its even easier to still your goods if the whole container is not offloaded at your own yard, if its one of those yards around ladipo or tin can,sorry ohh thosewill boys are even worse off.

For question 1... what will 200 laptop do to the interior of an expensive car?
Question 2... The owner (shipper) of the car puts what he wants in his car not the agent. Agents can pack goods anywhere inside container.
Question 3 ... There are reliable off loading guys around warehouses near wharf you can use.
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by cyberhike(m): 8:43pm On Mar 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by erico2k2(m): 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
sonnie10:

For question 1... what will 200 laptop do to the interior of an expensive car?
Question 2... The owner (shipper) of the car puts what he wants in his car not the agent. Agents can pack goods anywhere inside container.
Question 3 ... There are reliable off loading guys around warehouses near wharf you can use.
I1 if I put two hundred laptops in my car from Uk to 9ja I will only dave #100 approx 45k
2 I wont ship my car that is expensive in a container with other goods cos of damage
3 reliable? ahah, U are funny, I was at the yard when my range rover was offloaded, the windscreen washer jet was removed and one side mirror cover plus one door handle was removed, mirror cover cost n15k and door handle cost 5k,
The US shippers hardly put other goods in their containers, this is the practice of Europe people and Asian countries cos the vast majority of shippers are Nigerians in them places.
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by AutoReportNG2: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
Bloggers... biko make una no give person hypertension ooo
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by ChiefSweetus: 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
Why dem no use ocean quench d fire undecided
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by Gabi01: 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
hospital go full with patient suffering from heart attack
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by israel2563(m): 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
Container don land!!!
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
gbese re o.
and d owner will ne expecting his goods
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by dokyOloye: 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
sonnie10:

Ok. Maybe you did for personal use. Do you know that is very difficult to make profit from just cars? The profit is in goods. Do you know that when people ship cars to customers they take advantage to ship other goods along with it.
To answer the second part of your question. When you ship your cars loaded with goods inside a container, wharf rat cannot open the container. Only during inspection would it be opened and your agent would be there.
Have spent about 10 days going up n down at that Apapa wharf when customs wanted to impound my incoming car due to agent's Wayo.
80% of the cars come in empty especially those coming from North America.
Mine came in empty.
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by MobilityExpress: 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
DemolaUnbias:
Gbese, but insurance wld cover the loss

Cover the loss only for people that paid shipping insurance to insure their goods before shipping, which many importers don't do. Many Nigerian importers may come to financial ruin because of this sinking. Very unfortunate incident.
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by Harmored(m): 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2019
israel2563:
Container don land!!!

My cla dey there cry
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by israel2563(m): 9:30pm On Mar 19, 2019
Harmored:

My cla dey there cry
cheesy
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by Chrysz(m): 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2019
Who will now refund us
Re: Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks by Teeboi56: 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
Haaa he don happen
2000 cars not 200 hundred
Some people we commit suicide believe me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria / Meet The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Girl Who Excites Pilots In Their Cockpits. Photos / Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.