Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

I Have Done My Best For The Transport Sector – Rotimi Amaechi Brag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Done My Best For The Transport Sector – Rotimi Amaechi Brag (326 Views)

Lateef Jakande: His 7 Notable Achievements In The Transport Sector In Lagos(pix) / Ambode: See Some Legacies In The Transport Sector That He Will Be Remembered For / Amaechi To Nigerians: Rate My Performance In Transport Sector So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have Done My Best For The Transport Sector – Rotimi Amaechi Brag by faith2kool(f): 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2019
The Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi, Tuesday said he has done his best for the transport sector which has recorded a lot of success since he became minister in 2015.

Amaechi said this in an interview with journalists on Tuesday, in Abuja.

He listed the achievements of the ministry to include; the improved rail sub-sector, safer Nigeria waterways; as well as the improvement of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) in the area of regulation.

“I have done my best; there is nothing else I can do, I could not have done better than what I have done, they have been changes in the transport system.

“Now you can go to Kaduna from Abuja regularly and safely by rail; we are almost concluding the Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge; and we are also renegotiating with a South African firm under a public private partnership to rehabilitate the narrow gauge lines.

“There is a lot of improvement in the waters. We contracted 495 million dollars to the Israelis to secure our waters for two years.

“That way, the cost of transporting goods into Nigeria will reduce and the delay time of cargoes at the seaport has started reducing.

“We are partnering with the Ministry of Works to work on the Lagos road that leads to the seaport; and that will tackle the traffic gridlock experienced on the axis.

“So far, we are satisfied that we have made our contributions,’’ the minister said.

Speaking on a likely cabinet change, Amaechi said the passion to work had been built into the system and that anyone could perform optimally in any sector.

Re: I Have Done My Best For The Transport Sector – Rotimi Amaechi Brag by blackboy(m): 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2019
Best? Wetin ? You road on the wings of your predecessors. Mr the time and energy you spent trying to make Rivers a hell to unseat Wike would have made your best really best if you gave the same to the transport sector. Pre 20th century trains and Airport at an exorbitant cost. Mr. Any new policy or correcting the wrongs already in the transport sector? No
Re: I Have Done My Best For The Transport Sector – Rotimi Amaechi Brag by millhouse: 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2019
E clear say this man is not coming back into Buhari’s cabinet after 29th May .. the way he has been campaigning on his non visible achievements in the transport sector , coupled with his do-or-die politics to find solace in Rivers state government house post 29th May leaves less to be desired.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Speaks On Report Of Receiving Salary As NOUN Facilitator / Politics Without Conscience / INEC Fixes Thursday For Governorship Supplementary Election In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.