Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). (877 Views)

I Just Opened A Cyber Cafe. Which Subscription Plan Is The Best? / How To Setup A Cyber Cafe / An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by Kennyinusa(m): 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2010
i want you buys to agree with me that the creation of a cyber cafe is the hottest business though it is captial intensive but i bet it with you you would determinately make a lot of money. This is what i think so i want us all to reason together. i might be wrong but i want us all to reason together.
Please you guys should not post anything funny please i want your coments because i have around 400k and i have like 3 p4 system with me
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by DEBOLABI: 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2010
I'M CURRENTLY RUNNING ONE, ALMOST REGRETTING NOW DESPITE MY GOOD SALES. GUY GO AND USE YOUR MONEY FOR SOMETHING BETTER OR TO PURSUE YOUR ACADEMIC CAREER, I'M NOT DISCOURAGING YOU BUT I'M JUST TRYING TO TELL YOU THE REAL FACT, EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE MANY CUSTOMERS, THAT DOS NOT MEAN YOU WILL BREAK EVEN MONTH END. THE FIRST MONTH IS JUICY BUT THE FOLLOWING MONTH, REGRET WILL BE THE CASE. SHINE YOUR EYES AND SEE THE WAY CYBERCAFES ARE CLOSING DOWN. CHECK OUT; YOU WILL SEE THAT THEY DONT LAST UP TO A YEAR EVEN 6 MONTH. DONT LOOK AT THE MONEY, BUT LOOK AT THE FUTURE. I KNOW PEOPLE WILL SAY IT IS A GOOD BUSINESS ON THIS FORUM BUT CHECK OUT THAT AT THE END OF THERE DISCUSSION, EVERYTHING STILL BOIL ON USING THEM AS THE CONSULTANT, ENGINEERS SO THAT THEY CAN CHOP PART OF YOUR MONEY.

BEWARE AND BE WISE.
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by md4real(m): 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2010
DEBOLABI:

I'M CURRENTLY RUNNING ONE, ALMOST REGRETTING NOW DESPITE MY GOOD SALES. GUY GO AND USE YOUR MONEY FOR SOMETHING BETTER OR TO PURSUE YOUR ACADEMIC CAREER, I'M NOT DISCOURAGING YOU BUT I'M JUST TRYING TO TELL YOU THE REAL FACT, EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE MANY CUSTOMERS, THAT DOS NOT MEAN YOU WILL BREAK EVEN MONTH END. THE FIRST MONTH IS JUICY BUT THE FOLLOWING MONTH, REGRET WILL BE THE CASE. SHINE YOUR EYES AND SEE THE WAY CYBERCAFES ARE CLOSING DOWN. CHECK OUT; YOU WILL SEE THAT THEY DONT LAST UP TO A YEAR EVEN 6 MONTH. DONT LOOK AT THE MONEY, BUT LOOK AT THE FUTURE. I KNOW PEOPLE WILL SAY IT IS A GOOD BUSINESS ON THIS FORUM BUT CHECK OUT THAT AT THE END OF THERE DISCUSSION, EVERYTHING STILL BOIL ON USING THEM AS THE CONSULTANT, ENGINEERS SO THAT THEY CAN CHOP PART OF YOUR MONEY.

BEWARE AND BE WISE.

please can you expatiate more on this? i intend to start up one after my NYSC but never anticipated what you are saying. please explain more.
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by tunde300us(m): 8:58pm On Sep 06, 2010
Y not just explain the problems inherent,cos all ure saying is dont start,but ure not saying why ppl shouldnt start.If u dont get ur own business running well,does that means others wont ?
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by fxmaxony(m): 9:47am On Sep 07, 2010
1.You can not do cyber cafe biz in every location, what is the "internet density" of the location.

2.What can you do by your self for your self in cyber biz, if your competitors do solve most problem by themselves and you won't be able,it will affect your gain because you will always pay for certain services.

3.You should learn how to check fraudulent browsers( those that paulse time while browsing)

4.Are you seeing it as get rich quick business

If you know what to do in a good location cyber cafe biz is a good biz any day.
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by globatop: 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2010
Dear Poster, Please heed the advice of Debolabi, it is the best advice u could get as per your topic.

1. You cannot make expected profit without u running overnight browsing.
2. With overnight browsing, you will be troubled by the police, you might settle them with all ur income.
3. Cafe biz thrive because of yahoo boys (depending on location), but both local and international regulation has made them to have little or no return on their activities anymore, if they owe you they will run from ur cafe.
4. With the advent of cheap broadband connection (visafone, starcomms, Multilinks and Gsm Providers), you will have little patronage because yahoo boys are afraid of police, they will only come when they can not afford to pay subscription on their connection, as soon as they made money, they will stay in their homes.
5. The issue of power can not be overlooked, except PHCN is active in ur locality, you might spend 75% of ur income in maintaining ur gen.
6. Whatever you invest can not be converted back even after just 3months of operation, no one will be interested in buying used equipment from old cafe, if u are lucky, u might be offered 25% of actual cost.

My friend, dont put ur hard earned money in that biz, its time is over. I operated cafe, nothing to show for it after 2Years despite the fact that I maintain my computer myself andstill able to do minor repairs on gen. Am mathew u can reach me on 08033251758 globatop@gmail.com
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by jnze: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2010
Well spoken, a word is enough for the wise.
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by tunde300us(m): 10:10am On Sep 08, 2010
Y do u want them to contact you ? you said the biz isnt good and you still want them to contact you so that you can pass on ur failures to them.If you have a good location and you are focused you will make it with any business in Nigeria.

If you say he should keep his money with him what does he do with it then,because me i dont see any biz without any challenges in this country.
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by fxmaxony(m): 12:32am On Sep 09, 2010
If you move front, you will die, if you move backwards, you will die and If you stay where you are you will equally die

"I rather move forward and die" Every business has associated risk - my post earlier is still the truth about cyber biz, .

forget about yahoo boys reference, in the 1st instance why giving a yahoo boy credit facililty
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by EngrOWilliam: 5:48am On Sep 09, 2010
"That cave you fear to enter might be where your treasure lies" business is all about capital, risk, location, my dear, do a very good feasibility study b4 jumping into this, i wish you good luck, don't be stagnant make a move, but be wise.
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by EngrOWilliam: 5:48am On Sep 09, 2010
"That cave you fear to enter might be where your treasure lies" business is all about capital, risk, location, my dear, do a very good feasibility study b4 jumping into this, i wish you good luck, don't be stagnant make a move, but be wise.
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by tunde300us(m): 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2010
Thank you engr williams
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by kolnel: 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2010
cafe biz is still gud, but not as juicy as what it used to be in the past years, been running a cafe for the past one year and i tell u its been gud and its quite worth the hazzles. but above all location matters, a location that supports nite browsing is ok and where is the density is high, despite mtn multilinks and other service providers, cafe is still doing gud, most ppl will prefer cafe to staying at home, then the power issue still remains paramount.
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by Ashiwaju(m): 12:58am On Sep 13, 2010
Cybercafe business is still luctrative except that you need hands on experience with regard to the following

Internet Service provider you subscribe to

Electricity Issues and the kind of Generator you have running (you may end up spending your daily sale on gas!, petrol gen is most advisable)

Experience on Computer Engineering (so that you can fix certain problems on both Computer Hardware,Software and Maintenance)

Most Cafe's are shut not as a result of No sales, but mostly managerial issues, if the service provider is bad, you will definitely shut! Internet, Electricity and your past experiences managing a cafe is key, if you must succeed.

Like every other business, do a feasibility study on the environment you intend to set up your cafe so you wont be marketing cassava where building material is required!

Be sure you are not using all your 400k on rent and plan at least to cover the subscription for the first 2 to 3 month!

Every Business has its own risk, No Guts my friend, No Glory!
Re: One Of The Hottest Bussiness In Town(creation Of A Cyber Cafe). by md4real(m): 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2010
men tanks for your contributions

(1) (Reply)

Highest Spec Laptop/desktop You've Ever Seen! / I Want To Clone A Desktop Computer. / Super Pc Speed Booster Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.