Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover (26605 Views)

Why So Fine? - Banky W To Adesua Etomi. She Reacts, Amid Cheating Rumours / Banky W To Adesua Etomi: "I Like Your Small Boobs The Way They Are" / Kate Henshaw Reacts To Adesua Etomi's Nude Photo & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by adonismuller(m): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2019
rxgodwin:
Busy body bloggers, who sought his opinion. Blacks always showing their slave mentality. A simple art featuring a negroid and a caucasian, black men wld always find a way to cry foul.

Big head
they are bloggers they are meant to be busy body!

When will people understand what bloggers do for a living ?

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by LadyHeaven(f): 8:42am On Mar 20, 2019
Jamesmatic:
Who be dis nigga sef....

Pardon me sir, but the picture you attached as a meme is very disturbing, that is obviously a picture of a boy battling cancer who is in severe pains, there are a million and one other pictures you could have lifted off google, pls remove/change it if you can. Cheers

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by TruthHurts100: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2019
kemzy036:
A Nigerian writer, Tosin Silverdam, who said Actress Adesua Etomi-Wellington looked like a slave on the cover of Vogue Magazine, has apologised to the actress and her fans.

NairaFame reports that Silverdam aired his views on Instagram, on Monday, and described as unimpressive, Adesua’s picture on the magazine’s cover which had three other women alongside.

After several social media backlash from fans of the actress, Silverdam tendered his apology via his Instagram page and said he didn’t call the actress a slave, but only said she look like a slave in the picture compared to the other ladies on the cover.

In the post, he shared an old edition of Genevieve magazine which had the actress on the cover and compared it with the contentious Vogue magazine to justify his position that Adesua was not looking good on the international magazine cover.

He wrote:
It’s quite obvious people took my criticism the wrong way. I’m so sorry if you all didn’t get my point. Well, I apologize for my opinion. I apologize to @adesuaetomi and her fans, especially her fans cos it’s glaring they didn’t see the positive sides to my critic. But honestly speaking I am not a hater, what is there to hate? Hate that she’s on the cover of @voguemagazine? Stop tagging everyone a hater. Jealous of her success? Why would I? People called me a low life, some said I have not achieved anything in life, so I must have achieved a lot in life before I can critic? I didn’t call her a slave, I only said she look like a slave in the picture compared to the other ladies, why darken her skin tone to make her look black. It is ridiculous, they could have gone for another actress that is so black. Can you guys just compare her @genevievemagazine cover to that of @voguemagazine. I am surprised some people didn’t find anything wrong with her skin tone on this cover because it’s Vogue magazine. This is a big achievement for @adesuaetomi, I love her, I am happy for her and a big fan but I am disappointed with this cover. I am not biased, she looks so odd compared to others. Then some people said I’m trying to bring her down, haba, how can I bring down someone God has blessed already. Nigerians take a chill pill, it’s just an opinion. Even though I am not supposed to apologize for airing my opinion but I guess I have to cos it was taken the wrong way and already perceived as a hater... Hater?

Read more below
Source: https://www.nairafame.com/2019/03/writer-apologises-to-adesua-maintains.html

Ode. You think you have sense. You could have just gone after the designer of the cover, not the innocent woman. You actually wanted to insult her. You practically mentioned other naija celebrities better than her. You're a fool for thinking you can fool us. Guy man no dey guy guy man.

2 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by seangy4konji: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2019
OK. Heard. Next
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 20, 2019
The picture didn't do justice to her looks but then, these whites gat artistic eyes some of us are blind to. That picture could be her best shoot.

4 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Trustee1: 8:45am On Mar 20, 2019
cosmatika:
Their business lipsrsealed

On a 2nd thought, Adesua looks like a slave with her small boobs and grassy hair.
Don't quote me cos I'm outta here
She also looked darker there.
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by zicoraads: 8:45am On Mar 20, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
Your choice of words in expressing your opinion was offensive.

How do you refer to a person as a slave just because you want to make a point?
Cc: Silverdam, come and answer this question. cheesy

I remember him. That's his handle here. I remember him as being gay or so.
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:45am On Mar 20, 2019
Well, it's obvious that the zombie likes light skin women. To him, a darkened skintone is inferior.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:46am On Mar 20, 2019
zicoraads:

Cc: Silverdam, come and answer this question. cheesy

I remember him. That's his handle here. I remember him as being gay or so.

Just imagine!
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Trustee1: 8:46am On Mar 20, 2019
ariketalks:
This guy (whoever he is) said the bitter truth albeit in an offensive way to many. That Vogue cover is TERRIBLE. We love Adesua, but it raises concern that the image had to be altered so much and poorly so to make her look like the stereotypical "black woman". It is myopic and grossly unintelligent for anyone to think all black people are darkskinned.
Adesua looks unrecognisable in that picture, and they even mischieviously positioned her where she can easily go overlooked. If i had seen the cover elsewhere, i would never have thought that was Adesua tbh.
Speak!

2 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Megatrix: 8:49am On Mar 20, 2019
Women are their own problem, always envying and trying to pull each other down

2 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by NnamAries: 8:53am On Mar 20, 2019
This writer went overboard, perhaps there are some aesthetic issues -which I don't see- with the cover but Vogue, I am sure was gunning for a certain aesthetic and I really do think this is fine. I also heavily disagree with his insinuation that a dark skin is suitable for slavery, that doesn't even compute. And not everyone is cut out to be a critic abeg, and this isn't about achievements or not.
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 20, 2019
You think its easy to look good standing next to those firstclass models?

Go carry your head and stand next to them and see how ugly you'll look standing next to them.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Mariangeles(f): 9:06am On Mar 20, 2019
Airforce01:
Nairaland Tosin Silverdam

Confirm Gay
He is ??

No wonder he talks too much ...
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by freemi(m): 9:07am On Mar 20, 2019
The guy is right
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Ishilove: 9:11am On Mar 20, 2019
ariketalks:
This guy (whoever he is) said the bitter truth albeit in an offensive way to many. That Vogue cover is TERRIBLE. We love Adesua, but it raises concern that the image had to be altered so much and poorly so to make her look like the stereotypical "black woman". It is myopic and grossly unintelligent for anyone to think all black people are darkskinned.
Adesua looks unrecognisable in that picture, and they even mischieviously positioned her where she can easily go overlooked. If i had seen the cover elsewhere, i would never have thought that was Adesua tbh.
Bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 20, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
The picture didn't do justice to her looks but then, these whites gat artistic eyes some of us are blind to. That picture could be her best shoot.
No offense sis but this sounds like inferiority complex. Art, like music, is not "beautiful" to specific races only. Why do Nigerians require validation from foreigners before being impressed with their own work? Why must foreign things be better than local ones?
We really need to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery asap. That picture is distasteful and subtly racist, but if comments like yours keep popping up, we'll never see the end of scenarios like this one.

3 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by laivwire(m): 9:17am On Mar 20, 2019
Jamesmatic:
Who be dis nigga sef....
This is an unfair meme pls. That’s a cancer patient in pains for crying out loud

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Harshirama(m): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2019
ariketalks:

Finally, someone who has sense.

3 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 20, 2019
ariketalks:

No offense sis but this sounds like inferiority complex. Art, like music, is not "beautiful" to specific races only. Why do Nigerians require validation from foreigners before being impressed with their own work? Why must foreign things be better than local ones?
We really need to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery asap. That picture is distasteful and subtly racist, but if comments like yours keep popping up, we'll never see the end of scenarios like this one.
We saying the same thing bro
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 20, 2019
ariketalks:

What trash is this one phewing.

I've come to realize that most people who have opinions don't even matter one bit.

I hope you are successful in your endeavors cos with the way you are analyzing the cover of vogue magazine - if you put in this level of thought into your own business, it will florish.

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
We saying the same thing bro
Guess i misunderstood. Sorry about that. I'm also a lady btw. grin
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by egojeny1(f): 9:27am On Mar 20, 2019
Bitter truth.
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by BanevsJoker(m): 9:28am On Mar 20, 2019
undefeateds:
I can't see any sense in this write up,the guy is just looking 4 cheap popularity.
I actually agree with him. Why did the magazine darken her skin? If they wanted a dark-skinned actress, Genevieve is available. What they did was wrong. Also notice how she is the only one whose face is not completely visible. They almost asked her to hide behind another lady. Burna Boy complained about something similar a few months ago. We can't keep playing second fiddle in everything.

3 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by tgmservice: 9:28am On Mar 20, 2019
Jamesmatic:
Who be dis nigga sef....
You have heard the pleads to remove that pic you posted.

Dont let generational curse wire you, a warning is enough for the wise or in your case "DUMB"
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by chuksp09(m): 9:33am On Mar 20, 2019
Its actually true sha... She looks harassed on the cover. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by adaksbullet: 9:39am On Mar 20, 2019

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Burgerlomo: 10:07am On Mar 20, 2019
Foolish man cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At 89, Joke Silva’s Mom Casts Vote In Wheel Chair / Tosyn Bucknor’s White Wedding In France (photos) / Ali Baba Shares Chat He Had With Lady Who Receives N200k From Her Baby Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.