Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,068 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover (26603 Views)

Why So Fine? - Banky W To Adesua Etomi. She Reacts, Amid Cheating Rumours / Banky W To Adesua Etomi: "I Like Your Small Boobs The Way They Are" / Kate Henshaw Reacts To Adesua Etomi's Nude Photo & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by DookShop: 10:11am On Mar 20, 2019
ariketalks:
This guy (whoever he is) said the bitter truth albeit in an offensive way to many. That Vogue cover is TERRIBLE. We love Adesua, but it raises concern that the image had to be altered so much and poorly so to make her look like the stereotypical "black woman". It is myopic and grossly unintelligent for anyone to think all black people are darkskinned.
Adesua looks unrecognisable in that picture, and they even mischieviously positioned her where she can easily go overlooked. If i had seen the cover elsewhere, i would never have thought that was Adesua tbh.

I am sure she knows just like everyone else that the picture has been heavily adjusted to make her look that way. Same thing for the cloth they gave her to wear. What you should know is that she had no input after the picture was taken till it came out live. The mag editors are the one to approve the edited piture not Adesua. However, saying she looks like a slave is arrogating the blame to her. He should have channelled his grievance towards Vogue.

In placements such as this, A list celebs get to see and vet the final edited picture before it goes into publication. Vogue, I am certain, wanted to blight her but the jokes on them and silly people that support useless lifestyle they're pushing.
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by DookShop: 10:15am On Mar 20, 2019
Admin401:
You think its easy to look good standing next to those firstclass models?

Go carry your head and stand next to them and see how ugly you'll look standing next to them.

By whose judgments/standards are they first class? The world? You? They? More like a cabal of people with an agenda.
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by enemmo(f): 11:10am On Mar 20, 2019
Obviously an editorial shoot.

Elizabeth Debicki looks somehow too, same as Deepika Padukone in another picture in the same magazine
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Gbagbuo247: 11:32am On Mar 20, 2019
Even before reading your write up, I noticed that she looked odd in the cover.

That's too bad
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 20, 2019
DookShop:

By whose judgments/standards are they first class? The world? You? They? More like a cabal of people with an agenda.

By nature. Ever heard of the golden ratio? It's all about symmetry. Beauty is not judged by skin color.
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by palmkaniel: 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2019
see erhh, its not like am supporting silverdam oo. but on a more serious note, the truth is bitter but must be told. watin d guy talk na true. d only fault silverdam had was the manner at which he said it, he made it look to obvious. dats all;
he should have better said
[b]"vogue cover made our super star beautiful actress (Adesewa) to look like a kind of slave girl"
for meooo....

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Gabson001(m): 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2019
Another publicity stunt, they just wants to be noticed at all cost.. Idiyot
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Youngsage: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2019
punisha:
On a more serious note...
Adesua is fairer than that.
Why darken her?

That is the exact point the guy was trying to make!!!

Its something I also noticed the moment I saw the cover.

Sad some simpletons see nothing wrong with the ill motivated editing by the magazine.
Why alternate her complexion??
The Adesua I know looks nothing like that.
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by tomju(m): 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2019
That ad on Vogue magazine is symbolic. Global talent. The editor tried to recreate the fact that Adesua is African, hence the toning. Traditionally Africans are darker in skin colour as a trademark of the sahara. So my blogger get that weird slave mentality off your head. We all know she is fairer than that picture but the bigger picture looked beyond that. Hopefully, someone gets my drift.
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2019
tomju:
That ad on Vogue magazine is symbolic. Global talent. The editor tried to recreate the fact that Adesua is African, hence the toning. Traditionally Africans are darker in skin colour as a trademark of the sahara. So my blogger get that weird slave mentality off your head. We all know she is fairer than that picture but the bigger picture looked beyond that. Hopefully, someone gets my drift.
Stop making excuses for these racists. If they were going for the "traditional African look", why didn't they,
▪Get an Afro wig?
▪Clad her in African textile or..
▪Simply use an actual dark skinned entertainer?
That tacky weave, emaciated makeup look and whatever selective filter made her skin look badly tanned, are NOT African.
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by mechanics(m): 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2019
There difference between the two pics on both magazine.
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Researchclue: 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
lmao.................
cosmatika:
Their business lipsrsealed

On a 2nd thought, Adesua looks like a slave with her small boobs and grassy hair.
Don't quote me cos I'm outta here
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by ijemz(f): 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2019
cosmatika:
Their business lipsrsealed

On a 2nd thought, Adesua looks like a slave with her small boobs and grassy hair.
Don't quote me cos I'm outta here
I'm gonna quote you because you said the truth.
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by ijemz(f): 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
ariketalks:
This guy (whoever he is) said the bitter truth albeit in an offensive way to many. That Vogue cover is TERRIBLE. We love Adesua, but it raises concern that the image had to be altered so much and poorly so to make her look like the stereotypical "black woman". It is myopic and grossly unintelligent for anyone to think all black people are darkskinned.
Adesua looks unrecognisable in that picture, and they even mischieviously positioned her where she can easily go overlooked. If i had seen the cover elsewhere, i would never have thought that was Adesua tbh.
Thank you so much for saying the obvious truth that some people are shying away from, she looks unrecognizable.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by ElsonMorali: 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2019
ariketalks:

No offense sis but this sounds like inferiority complex. Art, like music, is not "beautiful" to specific races only. Why do Nigerians require validation from foreigners before being impressed with their own work? Why must foreign things be better than local ones?
We really need to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery asap. That picture is distasteful and subtly racist, but if comments like yours keep popping up, we'll never see the end of scenarios like this one.

Unfortunately we can't emancipate ourselves from that kind of mentality. It is the same mentality that makes coffee black and chocolate skin toned men and Women of the African race apply bleaching creams on their skin.

It is the same inferiority complex that makes the average African gawk shamelessly at a white folk in their neighborhood.

It is the same mentality that makes us think fair complexioned Africans are "finer" than darker hued Africans.

Ever wondered why most beauty queens in Nigeria are fair skinned? There you have your answer.

I guess you can't erase the PTSD that is as a result of decades if not centuries of transatlantic slave trade and cotton picking. SAD!

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
did he gay you? undecided
Airforce01:
Nairaland Tosin Silverdam

Confirm Gay
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by DookShop: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2019
Admin401:

By nature. Ever heard of the golden ratio? It's all about symmetry. Beauty is not judged by skin color.

Nah! Not nature. Some people decided that only certain ladies with certain physical stature can be supermodels. To be that, you have to fit yourself into those straits. The fact that you call some people supermodel is even a misdirection. Not everyone looks like that hence they cannot be the standard for every other person. On golden ratio, there is a golden ratio that fits even curvy women too.

Bottomline, Vogue was very wrong to edit her that way.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2019
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2019
DookShop:

Nah! Not nature.

Can't make heads or tail from the rest of your argument, but you were asking who decides who is beautiful or not and I said nature, you said No, not nature. So what then?

People? Lmfao. Same people you are criticizing for editing Ade.

There's no better judge of beauty standard than nature
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by duwdu: 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
rxgodwin:
Busy body bloggers, who sought his opinion. Blacks always showing their slave mentality. A simple art featuring a negroid and a caucasian, black men wld always find a way to cry foul.

Big head

Very well said.

In any case, a black skin person, no matter how much light-skinned, will always look coloured besides truly caucasian people.

Besides, that so-called blogger needs to watch his/her written grammar - using "critic" all over the place, instead of the word, "critique." Shioor.

P34c3
Re: Tosin Silverdam Apologises To Adesua Etomi, Maintains His Opinion On Vogue Cover by MNDY(m): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
Admin401:
You think its easy to look good standing next to those firstclass models?

Go carry your head and stand next to them and see how ugly you'll look standing next to them.

Lololololololololololol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ali Baba Shares Chat He Had With Lady Who Receives N200k From Her Baby Daddy / Iyabo Ojo's Daughter Priscilla Knocks Naira Marley Over Threat To Sue Mum / I Own An Empire Not Shop-toyin Lawani Sets The Record Straight (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.