Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:28 PM

5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy (36003 Views)

5 Heart-healthy Nigerian Foods To Work Into Your Diet / 5 Things To Do Daily To Keep Your Heart Healthy / 7 Things You Should Never Eat Or Drink After 9 PM To Keep Your Heart Healthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Bigmugu: 6:52am On Mar 20, 2019
This article has been put up to help us all maintain a Good and healthy Heart to help protect us from Unusual Heart Disease and problems.

1) Eat healthy fats, NOT trans fats.

We need fats in our diet, including saturated and polyunsaturated and unsaturated fats. One fat we don’t need is trans fat, which is known to increase your risk of developing heart disease or having a stroke over a lifetime.

This is because trans fat clogs your arteries by raising your bad cholesterol levels (LDL) and lowering your good cholesterol levels (HDL). By cutting them from your diet, you improve the blood flow throughout your body.

So, what are trans fats? They are industry-produced fats often used in packaged baked goods, snack foods, margarines and fried fast foods to add flavor and texture.

2) Practice good dental hygiene, especially flossing your teeth daily.

Dental health is a good indication of overall health, including your heart, because those who have periodontal (gum) disease often have the same risk factors for heart disease.

Studies continue on this issue, but many have shown that bacteria in the mouth involved in the development of gum disease can move into the bloodstream and cause an elevation in C-reactive protein, a marker for inflammation in the blood vessels.

These changes may in turn, increase your risk of heart disease and stroke. TIP: Floss and brush your teeth daily to ward off gum disease. It’s more than cavities you may have to deal with if you are fighting gum disease.

3) Get enough sleep.

Sleep is an essential part of keeping your heart healthy.

If you don’t sleep enough, you may be at a higher risk for cardiovascular disease no matter your age or other health habits. One study looking at 3,000 adults over the age of 45 found that those who slept fewer than six hours per night were about twice as likely to have a stroke or heart attack as people who slept six to eight hours per night.

Researchers believe sleeping too little causes disruptions in underlying health conditions and biological processes, including blood pressure and inflammation.

TIP: Make sleep a priority. Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep most nights. If you have sleep apnea, you should be treated as this condition is linked to heart disease and arrhythmias.

4) Don’t sit for too long at one time.

In recent years, research has suggested that staying seated for long periods of time is bad for your health no matter how much exercise you do.

This is bad news for the many people who sit at sedentary jobs all day. When looking at the combined results of several observational studies that included nearly 800,000 people, researchers found that in those who sat the most, there was an associated 147 percent increase in cardiovascular events and a 90 percent increase in death caused by these events.

In addition, sitting for long periods of time (especially when traveling) increases your risk of deep vein thrombosis (a blood clot).

TIP: Experts say it’s important to move throughout the day. Park farther away from the office, take a few shorter walks throughout the day and/or use a standing work station so you can move up and down. And remember to exercise on most days.

5) Avoid secondhand smoke like the plague.

Studies show that the risk of developing heart disease is about 25 to 30 percent higher for people who are exposed to secondhand smoke at home or work.

According to the American Heart Association, exposure to tobacco smoke contributes to about 34,000 premature heart disease deaths and 7,300 lung cancer deaths each year.

And nonsmokers who have high blood pressure or high blood cholesterol have an even greater risk of developing heart disease when they’re exposed to secondhand smoke.

This is because the chemicals emitted from cigarette smoke promote the development of plaque buildup in the arteries.

TIP: Be firm with smokers that you do not want to be around environmental smoke — and keep children away from secondhand smoke.

Follow these five tips and you’ll be doing your heart a favor. You’ll feel better and be able to stay active with a heart-healthy lifestyle.

undecidedSee Source Here

Cc;lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Dozie32(m): 6:58am On Mar 20, 2019
Mine is just fucking and drinking..
Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Amuocha: 6:58am On Mar 20, 2019
Ok
Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by SenJoe(m): 6:59am On Mar 20, 2019
Wow. Noted
Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by StarUp: 7:00am On Mar 20, 2019
Number 6: Avoid "wanking"... Looks like nairaland is filled with " Vaseline crew".

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Bacteriologist(m): 7:00am On Mar 20, 2019
Let me add a few more.

6. Exercise regularly. 15-30min of aerobic exercises each day which suffice.

7. Eat less salt.

8. Avoid alcohol intoxication.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by mirinda01(m): 7:01am On Mar 20, 2019
Mine is good to go. The best heart ever.
Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Okite15(m): 7:01am On Mar 20, 2019
Great tips
Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by drealOyinade: 7:02am On Mar 20, 2019
Also, drink enough water to hydrate and flush away toxins from the body

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by lordraiden(m): 7:02am On Mar 20, 2019
Five things for me to do and stay healthy
1.fvck
2.fvck hard
3.fvck very hard
4.fvck harder
5.fvck more

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Adesouth(m): 7:02am On Mar 20, 2019
Avoid slay queens.......and minding your business nko?

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Denikayan: 7:04am On Mar 20, 2019
Eat Okro soup daily.

It's nutritious and very sweet.
Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by emmyt2: 7:04am On Mar 20, 2019
Information is power

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by nairalee(m): 7:05am On Mar 20, 2019
I'm guilty of all.

This issue of secondary smoking is annoying and still unclear to me.

How can it be more dangerous for secondary smokers when primary smokers take it directly into their lungs and still inhale through the nose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by kelvinUchiha(m): 7:05am On Mar 20, 2019
You tell us Wetin we no suppose to chop but you no tell US WETIN WE SUPPOSE CHOP

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by deebrain(m): 7:06am On Mar 20, 2019
The Big E...

Always go for it.

Exercise.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Wantedmiller: 7:07am On Mar 20, 2019
Let me add money........
make money make money make money

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by kelvinUchiha(m): 7:08am On Mar 20, 2019
StarUp:
Number 6: Avoid "wanking"... Looks like nairaland is filled with " Vaseline crew".

Why females talk most trash on social media

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Yewandequeen(f): 7:10am On Mar 20, 2019
grin all the crew adding their version I hail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by youngberry001(m): 7:12am On Mar 20, 2019
me i love sleeping nd excercise smiley
Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 20, 2019
Noted. Gracias
Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 20, 2019
Dozie32:
Mine is just fucking and drinking..

You will soon die continue undecided
Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by STRENGTHesq(m): 7:14am On Mar 20, 2019
shocked

Please please
Avoid Tobacco as much as u can

Take weed cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by demoBaba: 7:16am On Mar 20, 2019
Patroniza33:
See below

Too early young man.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Newmans: 7:17am On Mar 20, 2019
How sure are you?
Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Jaysleeves(m): 7:17am On Mar 20, 2019
lordraiden:
1.fvck
2.fvck hard
3.fvck very hard
4.fvck harder
5.fvck more
I SWEAR YOUR BRAIN HAVE BEEN USED FOR PORRIDGE

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by chudez0147(m): 7:19am On Mar 20, 2019
lordraiden:
1.fvck
2.fvck hard
3.fvck very hard
4.fvck harder
5.fvck more
Them don use this one pant...

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 20, 2019
Stop fighting on NL on behalf of politicians who careless for you, then your heart will be strong

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Do Everyday To Keep Your Heart Healthy by lonelydora: 7:28am On Mar 20, 2019
Person wey go die go still die.

One thing must kill a man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drugs That Can Make One Last In Bed / Things You Should Start Doing To Live Longer / U.S Hospital Charges Woman $40 For Crying In The Doctor's Office (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.