Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

How You Can Remember Almost Everything You Read In The Examination Hall - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How You Can Remember Almost Everything You Read In The Examination Hall (766 Views)

Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK / How To Remember Almost Anything You Read For Exam / JAMB Has Started Sending The Examination Center!!!! (picture attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How You Can Remember Almost Everything You Read In The Examination Hall by Ajibaba101(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2019
Sometimes you read vigorously for an exam only for you to reach the exam hall and be unable to recall most of the things you read. It can be really frustrating, sometimes during some tough examinations you might not be able to remember the simplest definition or even a 4 letter word. I could remember when I was in secondary school during a particular chemistry exam, at the first sight of the questions my classmates and I were already sweating under a very cool ceiling fan, at that moment I forgot the simple definition of a neutralization reaction, I was so Disorganized that I was almost crying, as in the definition that I have being reading since when I was inSS1, I even read it some minutes before the exam only for me to reach the exam hall and everything running away fast away from my head like Usain bolt. I could remember inside that hall one of my classmates called me and said I should spell BASE for him, I was like guy are you normal like this?? But I later realized that my guy was totally serious about it. He literally forgot a four letter word spell I ng that day.

Don't let me bore you with stories. Let me go straight to my point.

Let me Start by explaining the difference between Reading and retention.

Reading is the process of interpreting languages, symbols or alphabet while retention is the act of remembering what have being actually read or explained to. Let me tell you this, reading does not let you pass an exam but retention does.

Today I will be telling you how you can remember what you read for an exam.

1) KNOW YOUR YOURSELF AND MENTAL SYSTEM: Most people don't remember what they read cos they don't know how their body retain information. Some people actually needs to read a particular content for a long time before they can remember what they read, some people don't need long time reading, people don't need long time reading, they just pick their books and skim through pages and they will still remember all the content of the book in the examination hall. So for you to remember what you have Read for an exam, you must first know your attributes. I knew a guy who is likely not to remember anything in the exam hall if he read during the day but he will remember everything, if he reads at night. Some people really need to glance through their book few minutes to the exam unless they won't remember anything they read why to some people last minute reading kills them. So for my first point I will say you just have to know your characteristics and your type of brain.

2) Avoid SPEEDREADING: So many of us are fond of this, we always read for an exam with too much speed. SPEEDREADING won't make you remember one thing in an examination hall. SPEEDREADING is common among Student who wait till examination period before they start reading, they will want to cover all the whole topic for the session in 3 days and by the way they start reading with incredible speed and on the day of the examination they will be unable to remember anything because their brain was unable to process too much of the data at once. This point will lead us to our third point which is-

3) EFFECTIVE READING: Another reason why many students fails to remember what they read in the exam Hall is because they don't read effectively. When reading, especially reading some huge textbooks you should not try to read them from cover to cover, you can simply jot down the important point on a paper and mesmerized it. On the exam day your brain will not be able to remember the big text book for sure but it will surely recall the small note you jotted down.

4)DO VISUAL/AUDIO READING: Popular research have made us understand that we tend to understand that we tend to remember something with pictures or audio than on paper. Look at for instance, some of us can still remember some scene of the movies we watched 10 years ago perfectly. Or why do your think your mum could perfect narrate the day you were born without missing a part?? It is because the information is in a picture format and it is easy to locate in the brain.
If you know you have a large formula Or definition you wish to remember in the exam Hall and you have being trying to read it without grabbing it, you can simply write it down and paste it near your bed so that it will be the first thing you see when you wake up and the last thing when you wake up and the last thing you see when you are about to sleep. With this, your brain will process it for you like a picture and produce it for you in the exam Hall.
If you can't do visual reading you can simply do audio reading by recording what you wish to remember on your phone as audio and be listening to it every day like the way you listen to Zanku, you will see that in the exam Hall ehn you will just be writing without stopping.

5) CRAM IF YOU HAVE TO: It a popular saying among people that cramming is a bad thing. Well as for me I don't totally agree to this. As a young boy In kindergarten how do you think you remembered the you think you remembered the Alphabet, is it by reading?? How do you remember and recognized the numbers?? It definitely by cramming. Am not saying you must cram what you don't understand but sometimes you have to cram for your retention. I remember when I was in SS2, there was this statement in chemistry called LA Chatalier principal, I Tried reading and understanding it but I was not getting it. Then, I decided to cram. I started cramming this statement like two weeks before exam and behold on the exam day it was the number 3 on the theory part. I easily wrote it down and it eventually boost my mark. After the exam I planned not to forget it but to understand the concept. I kept reciting it everyday till I eventually understood it, now by the grace of cramming I understood the principal more than any other statement in chemistry.

6) BELIEVE IN GOD: My fellow
Scholars forget you are a genius or you have covered the whole syllabus, you need to pray to God for a good retention memory, it is very important. During exam ehn Satan could creep into your mind and makes you start remembering stupid things that could distract you and make you not to remember everything you read. Just put yourself under the surveillance of the most high and pray before the exam and I know he won't disappoint you

please moderator help push to FP
Re: How You Can Remember Almost Everything You Read In The Examination Hall by azyhilluim: 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2019
I have notice all these aspects as you have mentioned

8th Class Result 2019
Lahore Board 8th Class Result 2019
Gujranwala Board 8th Class Result 2019
Bahawalpur Board 8th Class Result 2019
Sargodha Board 8th Class Result 2019
Rawalpindi Board 8th Class Result 2019
Multan Board 8th Class Result 2019
Sahiwal Board 8th Class Result 2019
Dera Ghazi Khan Board 8th Class Result 2019
Faisalabad Board 8th Class Result 2019

Ajibaba101:
Sometimes you read vigorously for an exam only for you to reach the exam hall and be unable to recall most of the things you read. It can be really frustrating, sometimes during some tough examinations you might not be able to remember the simplest definition or even a 4 letter word. I could remember when I was in secondary school during a particular chemistry exam, at the first sight of the questions my classmates and I were already sweating under a very cool ceiling fan, at that moment I forgot the simple definition of a neutralization reaction, I was so Disorganized that I was almost crying, as in the definition that I have being reading since when I was inSS1, I even read it some minutes before the exam only for me to reach the exam hall and everything running away fast away from my head like Usain bolt. I could remember inside that hall one of my classmates called me and said I should spell BASE for him, I was like guy are you normal like this?? But I later realized that my guy was totally serious about it. He literally forgot a four letter word spell I ng that day.

Don't let me bore you with stories. Let me go straight to my point.

Let me Start by explaining the difference between Reading and retention.

Reading is the process of interpreting languages, symbols or alphabet while retention is the act of remembering what have being actually read or explained to. Let me tell you this, reading does not let you pass an exam but retention does.

Today I will be telling you how you can remember what you read for an exam.

1) KNOW YOUR YOURSELF AND MENTAL SYSTEM: Most people don't remember what they read cos they don't know how their body retain information. Some people actually needs to read a particular content for a long time before they can remember what they read, some people don't need long time reading, people don't need long time reading, they just pick their books and skim through pages and they will still remember all the content of the book in the examination hall. So for you to remember what you have Read for an exam, you must first know your attributes. I knew a guy who is likely not to remember anything in the exam hall if he read during the day but he will remember everything, if he reads at night. Some people really need to glance through their book few minutes to the exam unless they won't remember anything they read why to some people last minute reading kills them. So for my first point I will say you just have to know your characteristics and your type of brain.

2) Avoid SPEEDREADING: So many of us are fond of this, we always read for an exam with too much speed. SPEEDREADING won't make you remember one thing in an examination hall. SPEEDREADING is common among Student who wait till examination period before they start reading, they will want to cover all the whole topic for the session in 3 days and by the way they start reading with incredible speed and on the day of the examination they will be unable to remember anything because their brain was unable to process too much of the data at once. This point will lead us to our third point which is-

3) EFFECTIVE READING: Another reason why many students fails to remember what they read in the exam Hall is because they don't read effectively. When reading, especially reading some huge textbooks you should not try to read them from cover to cover, you can simply jot down the important point on a paper and mesmerized it. On the exam day your brain will not be able to remember the big text book for sure but it will surely recall the small note you jotted down.

4)DO VISUAL/AUDIO READING: Popular research have made us understand that we tend to understand that we tend to remember something with pictures or audio than on paper. Look at for instance, some of us can still remember some scene of the movies we watched 10 years ago perfectly. Or why do your think your mum could perfect narrate the day you were born without missing a part?? It is because the information is in a picture format and it is easy to locate in the brain.
If you know you have a large formula Or definition you wish to remember in the exam Hall and you have being trying to read it without grabbing it, you can simply write it down and paste it near your bed so that it will be the first thing you see when you wake up and the last thing when you wake up and the last thing you see when you are about to sleep. With this, your brain will process it for you like a picture and produce it for you in the exam Hall.
If you can't do visual reading you can simply do audio reading by recording what you wish to remember on your phone as audio and be listening to it every day like the way you listen to Zanku, you will see that in the exam Hall ehn you will just be writing without stopping.

5) CRAM IF YOU HAVE TO: It a popular saying among people that cramming is a bad thing. Well as for me I don't totally agree to this. As a young boy In kindergarten how do you think you remembered the you think you remembered the Alphabet, is it by reading?? How do you remember and recognized the numbers?? It definitely by cramming. Am not saying you must cram what you don't understand but sometimes you have to cram for your retention. I remember when I was in SS2, there was this statement in chemistry called LA Chatalier principal, I Tried reading and understanding it but I was not getting it. Then, I decided to cram. I started cramming this statement like two weeks before exam and behold on the exam day it was the number 3 on the theory part. I easily wrote it down and it eventually boost my mark. After the exam I planned not to forget it but to understand the concept. I kept reciting it everyday till I eventually understood it, now by the grace of cramming I understood the principal more than any other statement in chemistry.

6) BELIEVE IN GOD: My fellow
Scholars forget you are a genius or you have covered the whole syllabus, you need to pray to God for a good retention memory, it is very important. During exam ehn Satan could creep into your mind and makes you start remembering stupid things that could distract you and make you not to remember everything you read. Just put yourself under the surveillance of the most high and pray before the exam and I know he won't disappoint you

please moderator help push to FP

(1) (Reply)

SAD!! Newly Admitted Uniport Student Battling Depression, Found Dead / Jamb: See How To Check Jamb Results, Jamb Portal 2029– Jamb.org.ng/efacility / Philippines Is The Most Cheapest Country To Study Any Course Of Choice,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.