Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

At Last, Diamond Bank Ceases To Exist - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / At Last, Diamond Bank Ceases To Exist (693 Views)

Diamond Bank Introduces *426# USSD Code For Easy Banking / True Story Of Pensioner Who Was "Chased Away By Diamond Bank Manager" / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Last, Diamond Bank Ceases To Exist by dipoolowoo: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2019
A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has approved the proposed merger between Access Bank and Diamond Bank.

The court sanctioned the coming together of the two financial institutions on Tuesday, March 19, 2019, paving way for the formation of a strong single entity.

With this development, Diamond Bank will cease to exist to operate under its present name since its establishment in 1990 by businessman, Mr Pascal Dozie.

Earlier, the two lenders received the approval of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to go on with the ‘marriage’.

In a notice to the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) today, Access Bank said, “Having received the final approval of the CBN and SEC to the proposed merger between Access Bank Plc and Diamond Bank Plc, following the approval of shareholders that was obtained at the respective court-ordered meetings held on March 5, 2019, Access Bank hereby confirms that the court-sanction of the merger was obtained today, Tuesday, March 19, 2019.

“Accordingly, and as had been indicated in the scheme document, the effective date of the merger is March 19, 2019,” the statement read.

On Wednesday, the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) announced placing full suspension on the trading of Diamond Bank shares on its platform.

https://businesspost.ng/2019/03/19/at-last-court-upholds-access-bank-diamond-bank-merger/
Re: At Last, Diamond Bank Ceases To Exist by guru03(m): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2019
Nice move
Re: At Last, Diamond Bank Ceases To Exist by ShenTeh(m): 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2019
This party is becoming confusing.

At the beginning, everything spelt 'acquisition', now the language has become 'merger'.

Was this deliberate to retain investors' confidence?
Re: At Last, Diamond Bank Ceases To Exist by ehinmowo: 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2019
ShenTeh:
This party is becoming confusing.

At the beginning, everything spelt 'acquisition', now the language has become 'merger'.

Was this deliberate to retain investors' confidence?

merger is a fancy name to console Diamond Bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At Last, Diamond Bank Ceases To Exist by sophiathefirst: 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2019
Hmmmm
My money ooh
Re: At Last, Diamond Bank Ceases To Exist by Madu2013(m): 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2019
Is it exit or exist?
Pls op correct ur post
Re: At Last, Diamond Bank Ceases To Exist by dipoolowoo: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2019
Thanks for the observation. It has now been corrected, thanks

Madu2013:
Is it exit or exist?
Pls op correct ur post
Re: At Last, Diamond Bank Ceases To Exist by logan2(m): 5:26pm On Mar 20, 2019
sad i used to think diamand bank was one promising bank like that,that had the future in mind,i didnt know it will come this, who would have thought that access is the one to come to their rescue
Re: At Last, Diamond Bank Ceases To Exist by bedfordng(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2019
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Warning! Don't Advertise Your Goods And Services Until You See This / I Almost Gave Up On My Online Business Until I Discover This / Waist Trainer With Natural Latex 5000 Promo Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.