Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On (2281 Views)

Working On Client NFT Project (documented On Nl) / Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch / Developers In The House, Show Us What You're Currently Working On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by throwaway: 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2019
Hi Nairalanders,

I'd like to share an app I've been working on for a while now. It's an Android client for Nairaland. It's currently in beta.

Although it's far from finished and perfect, I'm releasing it to receive early feedback.

The beta is open to the first 1000 users. You can find it
here. It's 100% ad-free...cool

Feel free to share your thoughts - feedback, comments and criticisms are welcome.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by DisturbNot: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2019
Kudos
Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by throwaway: 3:32am On Mar 21, 2019
DisturbNot:

Kudos
thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by sirliu(m): 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2019
Keep it up.
Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by OLUWABIG(m): 2:54am On Mar 22, 2019
Wow love it
Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by throwaway: 11:35am On Mar 22, 2019
sirliu:
Keep it up.
OLUWABIG:
Wow love it

Thanks.

Will continue working on it. The next update would support functionality to read pages in any order; better transition after creating a new topic/comment; ability to edit profile; save posts offline..... and more.

Stay tuned.
Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by thatareaguy: 5:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hi testers,

I've added new features and fixed a couple of bugs in the latest update.

Please find the app here.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by Spacless(m): 5:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
So cool

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by MasterPDON: 2:07pm On Apr 07, 2019
thatareaguy:
Hi testers,

I've added new features and fixed a couple of bugs in the latest update.

Please find the app here.
This is freaking impressive. Well done.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by airsaylongcon: 9:36pm On Apr 07, 2019
Even though its still a rough cut, I absolutely like it! Looking like what a forum app should look like. Love your guts at building this despite several previous failed attempts. Keep it up. I hope the oga at the top don't ban this. You can work with him regarding ads and you both will be fine. Na when you wan try monetize am for hin back na hin yawa go dey. I'd say tone the green down a bit. Make it somewhat similar to the shade used for "Nairaland Forum" at the top which is somewhat in sync with the shade of green of the Nigerian flag. If you want CMYK or RGB values for that shade do a Google search. Once again keep it up and faya dan

2 Likes

Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by dotman27: 9:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
Nice one man. Where do you get your data from? The last time I checked, nairaland did not have an API

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by thatareaguy: 3:14am On Apr 08, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Even though its still a rough cut, I absolutely like it! Looking like what a forum app should look like. Love your guts at building this despite several previous failed attempts. Keep it up. I hope the oga at the top don't ban this. You can work with him regarding ads and you both will be fine. Na when you wan try monetize am for hin back na hin yawa go dey. I'd say tone the green down a bit. Make it somewhat similar to the shade used for "Nairaland Forum" at the top which is somewhat in sync with the shade of green of the Nigerian flag. If you want CMYK or RGB values for that shade do a Google search. Once again keep it up and faya dan

Thanks... I'll look at the color thing. Hopefully it doesn't get banned grin.
Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by thatareaguy: 3:21am On Apr 08, 2019
dotman27:

Nice one man. Where do you get your data from? The last time I checked, nairaland did not have an API
Thanks! Data is retrieved by scraping the site... parsing html, storing cookies for logged in users.
Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by MacMkboy(m): 8:12am On Apr 12, 2019
Quite Wonderful. Nice One Bro!

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by MasterPDON: 8:43pm On Apr 12, 2019
thatareaguy:

Thanks! Data is retrieved by scraping the site... parsing html, storing cookies for logged in users.
Oh, how is it able to post comments and follow users and like comments and stuff?
Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by thatareaguy: 5:15am On Apr 13, 2019
MasterPDON:
Oh, how is it able to post comments and follow users and like comments and stuff?
When u log into nairaland, the cookies for the site looks like what is shown in the first attached image. So, I store this in a local database and use it for every request made to nairaland.com. This is how nairaland knows you are logged in.

To post comments, for instance, I first posted some comments on nairaland, and inspected the contents of the http request - header and body (examples shown in the second and third attached images). Then I tried to replicate this in code.

The same goes for liking, sharing, modifying comments and others.

I don't know if I answered your question.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by MasterPDON: 12:14am On Apr 14, 2019
thatareaguy:
When u log into nairaland, the cookies for the site looks like what is shown in the first attached image. So, I store this in a local database and use it for every request made to nairaland.com. This is how nairaland knows you are logged in.

To post comments, for instance, I first posted some comments on nairaland, and inspected the contents of the http request - header and body (examples shown in the second and third attached images). Then I tried to replicate this in code.

The same goes for liking, sharing, modifying comments and others.

I don't know if I answered your question.
Wow.

Do you use any library for scraping?
Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by thatareaguy: 7:17am On Apr 14, 2019
MasterPDON:

Wow.
Do you use any library for scraping?
I use Jsoup for scraping.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On by thatareaguy: 6:35pm On Apr 20, 2019
Hi testers,

Sorry, this is not to inform you of an update.

I'll soon release one... ( blame coursework grin)

I'd like to integrate chat messaging. This would replace the mail functionality... which is currently disabled in the app.

The problem is... I don't know where to put it. The plan I currently have, is to move "recent posts", "mentions" ... (all that is in d 1st image) to the section that currently houses "featured", "trending"... etc (2nd image). Any suggestions?

Thanks for trying out the app.

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Programming Tips / Some SEO Interview Questions And Answer / Why Does Anyone Never Talk About Front End Web Dev Or UX/UI Design Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.