Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways (12367 Views)

Bad Roads Made Sales At Nigeria's Largest Auto Market To Drop By 92% (PHOTOS) / Causes Of Motor Accidents On The Road / Tips For Safe Driving And Preventing Accidents On The Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by Orpe7(m): 10:18am On Mar 21, 2019
Afonja007:
so containers falling on top of peoples ca at apapa Mile2 road is caused by what biko?people like you is the reason Nigeria will still be a 5th world county

When i say majority i know what i meant
Understand english
How many times do u hear container falling on cars as opposed to car crashes?
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by lereinter(m): 10:23am On Mar 21, 2019
What does an alleged lawyer know about roads and accidents

foolishness
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by Shikini: 10:23am On Mar 21, 2019
tribalistseun:
Why is it that any educated person associated with Buhari always sound dumb and stupid.

So this one sef go school.

So true
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by oyeb15: 10:47am On Mar 21, 2019
This man will be sacked for this statement in a sane country.

It shows hes not mentally competent for that position cos a layman can easily figure out bad roads as d major cause of accident in Nigeria.

Minister of failure
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by Elliot2(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2019
kunmiiii:

I don't understand where the bashing is coming from, is that you guys lack comprehension or you just purposely want to ignore the emboldened select phrase to justify your criticisms of Fashola! undecided
Use ur head. how many road accidents occur in well arranged roads as compared to those damaged ones? Check road accidents ratio in Abuja with well built roads and compare with other states with much bad roads. East west road in the south south that was once death traps now have minimal reported accidents ever since it was reconstructed. Bad roads are the major cause of road accidents—every other ones are secondary.
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by nosiebaba(m): 10:54am On Mar 21, 2019
frowland:

You are talking of longevity of the vehicle and the article is talking of accidents.
Actually, good road equals high accident rate. Take china, US as example. Take a look at their record compared to most african countries.
Bad roads on the other hand reduces over speeding, also reduces vehicle lifespan.
How many accident happen on a dilapidated (Enugu-Portharcout road for example) compared to smooth highways like Sagamu-Ore-Benin highway. Common, gotta start using your head and not your heart when thinking.
Pls read well i only talked about the longeivity of vehicles in the last paragraph. And secondly i marvel at your thinking you sound like a comedian. The tanker that fell in traffic in front of Ojo military barracks and exploded claiming tens of lives was a result of what. I really marvel at your thinking really and you are using your head to think right
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by nosiebaba(m): 11:00am On Mar 21, 2019
wellmax:
Misquote he said bad roads not only cause of accident in nigeria stop meeting people

Injuries and avoidable accidents that occur on highways are not always due to bad roads as claimed by road users, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said.

you probably didn't read that
Pls also read my comment [b]bad roads are a major cause of accidents on highways in nigeria[/b]simple and short a road is called highway for a reason you can't be crawling on such roads or applying brakes abruptly oga.. Pls read the meaning of highway.
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by frowland(m): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2019
nosiebaba:

Pls read well i only talked about the longeivity of vehicles in the last paragraph. And secondly i marvel at your thinking you sound like a comedian. The tanker that fell in traffic in front of Ojo military barracks and exploded claiming tens of lives was a result of what. I really marvel at your thinking really and you are using your head to think right

Maybe you are the one that should read my post again. I NEVER said there are no accidents recorded on bad roads. I said the number is lower compared to good roads ~ ratio wise.
Its due to this good roads that make some countries introduce speed limits, warnings and road signs and even bumps to warn deter drivers.
Look let me clear your blocked head so you understand better.
Have you heard that camel and horse drivers have accidents? NO
As long as fast cars are coming up and with smooth roads also there will be higher accident rate. That is my position on this issue! Thanks.
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by nosiebaba(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2019
frowland:

Look let me clear your blocked head so you understand better.
Thanks.
Thanks God bless you
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by wisdomkid: 11:26am On Mar 21, 2019
Do his children use this Bad road?
Ask him the last time his Children visited Nigeria.. grin grin grin
AND we have mugu's supporting such statements.
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by Afonja007: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2019
Orpe7:

When i say majority i know what i meant
Understand english
How many times do u hear container falling on cars as opposed to car crashes?
pls I don't 've your time you keep praising your oppressors not me ,there is even potholes on top of Carter and third mainland bridge
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by wellmax(m): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
Stillthebest:

Highway is meant to speed at least 70kmperhour so at that speed if u meet a big pot hole, then apply brake suddenly so what happens to the following vehicle that maintains such speed? You can't predict whag happens om the highway so we need good raods. Fashola only justifying inefficiency

Injuries and avoidable accidents that occur on highways are not always due to bad roads as claimed by road users, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said.

If only you understand the bolded
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by Orpe7(m): 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2019
Afonja007:
pls I don't 've your time you keep praising your oppressors not me ,there is even potholes on top of Carter and third mainland bridge

Good for u
Keep records okay
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by wellmax(m): 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2019
nosiebaba:

Pls also read my comment bad roads are a major cause of accidents on highways in nigeria[/b]simple and short a road is called highway for a reason you can't be crawling on such roads or applying brakes abruptly oga.. Pls read the meaning of highway.

Injuries and avoidable accidents that occur on highways [b]are not always due to bad roads
as claimed by road users, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said.

If only you understand English.

What he means is that there are other causes such as over speeding, drunk drivers, faulty vehicles, etc. Bad road are not the only cause. Simple submission from Uncle Fash
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by nosiebaba(m): 12:16pm On Mar 21, 2019
wellmax:

What he means is that there are other causes such as over speeding, drunk drivers, faulty vehicles, etc. Bad road are not the only cause. Simple submission from Uncle Fash
Oga bad roads are not the only cause but they are a major cause.. Simple
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by nosiebaba(m): 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2019
wellmax:

Bad roads are a major cause of accidents on Nigerian roads of course they are not the only cause but they are part of the major causes simple. There might be 100 causes comprising of 20 major causes and 80 other causes but bad roads are a major cause.
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by ibnlawal(m): 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2019
Hr has a point...buh about 65% of road accidents is as a result of bad roads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2019
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by Eddee(m): 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2019
kingreign:
angry

He ain't no highway engineer or highway planner, he's just a mere lawyer so he's speaking fallacies cos he ain't got empirical evidence to back up his drunk claims.

Baba don vex grin
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by simplesearch: 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2019
If a child is malnourished and dies in the process, how do you dissuade people from insinuating malnutrition as the major reason for the untimely death. Fix our roads to an internationally acceptable standard, whatever challenge that comes up afterward will be easy to deduce. You don't expect people to rate you high while giving excuses for evading or abdicating your responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by wellmax(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2019
nosiebaba:

Oga bad roads are not the only cause but they are a major cause.. Simple

You have a problem with understanding English.

I'm done answering you
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by wellmax(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2019
nosiebaba:

Bad roads are a major cause of accidents on Nigerian roads of course they are not the only cause but they are part of the major causes simple. There might be 100 causes comprising of 20 major causes and 80 other causes but bad roads are a major cause.

Injuries and avoidable accidents that occur on highways are not always due to bad roads.

Whether major or minor, accidents are not always due to bad roads. If you have a problem with English, I can't help you. Bye
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by angelstar: 3:32pm On Mar 21, 2019
How many times have you traveled from abuja to Lagos by road, nonsense

https://punchng.com/bad-roads-not-cause-of-accidents-on-highways-fashola/

[/quote]
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by nosiebaba(m): 5:37pm On Mar 21, 2019
wellmax:

Injuries and avoidable accidents that occur on highways are not always due to bad roads.

Whether major or minor, accidents are not always due to bad roads. If you have a problem with English, I can't help you. Bye
You that doesn't have a problem understanding if you can show me where i wrote accidents are always due to bad roads then 1 million naira for you or i give you my car. That's all i have to say to you for now.
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by wellmax(m): 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2019
nosiebaba:

You that doesn't have a problem understanding if you can show me where i wrote accidents are always due to bad roads then 1 million naira for you or i give you my car. That's all i have to say to you for now.

When you have learnt punctuation, proper tenses and capitalization, then we can talk. Bye
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by nosiebaba(m): 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2019
wellmax:

When you have learnt punctuation, proper tenses and capitalization, then we can talk. Bye
English isn't my first language but i do very well at it. Graduated with almost a first class in electrical electronics engineering and instrumentation with results and transcripts to prove. Punctuations and capitalization have never been a barrier for me. So don't thread that path. It's just a forum where you can express your thoughts. Be issue based don't be rude and insultive. By God's grace i try not to err on that path and i also try not to take offence. But if you think you can measure my intelligence you have that one all wrong my brother. You can't force another man to accept your views. If you want to argue logically fine. insult others, fine but you can't force people to think like you. The heights others have attained might still be your fantasy.. It's not by looks or punctuations.
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by wellmax(m): 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2019
nosiebaba:
[s] English isn't my first language but i do very well at it. Graduated with almost a first class in electrical electronics engineering and instrumentation with results and transcripts to prove. Punctuations and capitalization have never been a barrier for me. So don't thread that path. It's just a forum where you can express your thoughts. Be issue based don't be rude and insultive. By God's grace i try not to err on that path and i also try not to take offence. But if you think you can measure my intelligence you have that one all wrong my brother. You can't force another man to accept your views. If you want to argue logically fine. insult others, fine but you can't force people to think like you. The heights others have attained might still be your fantasy.. It's not by looks or punctuations.[/s]

4/10 Poor
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by nosiebaba(m): 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2019
wellmax:

4/10 Poor
Rich class teacher teach your pupils well. Work hard so you will be promoted to teach the higher nursery class grin
Re: Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways by kingreign(m): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
Eddee:

Baba don vex grin
grin

These govt officials can speak and over speak anyhow baba grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 / After The Floods, Will Flood Cars Flood The Market? / 10 Of The Most Expensive Limousines In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.