Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

There Was A Newspaper Called Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Was A Newspaper Called Punch (266 Views)

There Was A Newspaper Called Punch - Oladele Peter / *there Was A Newspaper Called Punch* / Kamal Ladejobi: 'Fayose Has Not Touched A Newspaper Since He Became Governor' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Was A Newspaper Called Punch by Venom236: 8:09am On Mar 21, 2019
Behold, the Punch Newspaper used to be the toast of newspapers. Everyday people scrambled for Punch but not anymore. The quality of content as well as the sales of the newspaper has continued to dwindle. At the newsstands and even in traffic at night, you see Punch newspaper being peddled for prices as low as N100.

The once reputed newspaper is now a burden, both to itself and the reading public. For ardent readers of news, Punch Newspaper can never be your point of call if you want to confirm any story or news. Chances are that they will mislead you. Only yesterday, I read that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had halted his on-site assessment of TraderMoni.

I was taken aback for a bit. However, given my recent experience with Punch Newspapers, I sought clarification and authentication of this news. Two sources readily come to mind, Mr Laolu Akande, the spokesperson to the VP and Senator Babafemi Ojudu, the political adviser to the VP.

I scurried through their social media accounts, looking for confirmation of the news, alas, I saw Senator Ojudu’s reply which was short and straight to the point. The Punch Newspaper story was a hoax, click bait at most.

Journalism seems to be heading for the gutter with too many ‘Brown Envelope’ reporters and editors running amok. I pondered, how will an editor allow this to pass without verifying it? I hope Punch Newspaper will learn from this, not that they have learnt from many others, but I just hope, they will learn from this.

It’s time Punch Newspaper stay away from fake news. Indeed, there was a newspaper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Was A Newspaper Called Punch by tsinzu: 9:29am On Mar 21, 2019
Trash by a zombie

(1) (Reply)

Advice No Be Curse... Take It, Or You Leave It. / #bbnaijareunion: Did Miracle Just Called Nina A Liar About Alex And Tobi / Breaking: INEC Sets New Date For Adamawa Governorship Rerun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.