Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? (48419 Views)

See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. / What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House / See What Almajiri Brought In My House In Exchange For Food to eat (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by miketayo(m): 9:51am On Mar 23, 2019
Don't eat in my house
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Analysiscorner: 9:51am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

I have,
for some weeks now

but today that I just cook and was hoping the food will take me up to 2 days he just come around
Tell him that you have made budget for the the food in your house, and go telling him when you expect it to finish. Be mean to do that. Remind him that you have no business nor income but that you are dependent upon your parents.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by koolaid87: 9:52am On Mar 23, 2019
Direct him to this thread on nairaland
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Slynation(m): 9:53am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:
There is this guy I once went for him to tutor me in one particular course, in that process I discovered that he has not eaten, so I gave him some money to buy food, another day he came to my house complaining he was hungry, I gave him my food to eat.

There was one weekend, he told me that he did not have money and he was expecting money the next week, throughout that weekend he ate in my side promising that when his parent sent money, he will repay but when the money came he used it to buy watch and some other irrelevant things. He didn't repay which affected me badly because of the money my struggling parent use to sent to me which is always small #10000 every three weeks.

Ever since then anytime he sees me in school and when he comes to my house he will ask if I have cook? Which I don't know how to tell him no.
Like ma dad will always say, never deprive anyone of food if u have, no matter what, instead of complaining here on NL, try and talk to him about the stuff, He must change, if he doesn't, tell him pump and clear that will be the last time u will be feeding him since he only knew how to buy show off with his own money.....
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Skmoda360(m): 9:53am On Mar 23, 2019
NevetsIbot:

no mind am. me wey be say na 15k per month sef and e no regular and I dey spend am chop better food and buy clothes and still have change left after the month. Op.. ypu need to learn how to manage your money... thank God for side hustles.. that allowance don turn bonus.
shey make we talk our own ni cheesy cheesy cheesy......your allawee na shikini money compare to my own when i was still in school no pun intended and na joke i dey ooo grin grin grin....oyindidi come and see your brother.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by edebemba(m): 9:53am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

I have,
for some weeks now

but today that I just cook and was hoping the food will take me up to 2 days he just come around
Anyone telling you to pursue or to stop giving him food is deceiving you. Please, if God gives you the opportunity to feed him, go ahead and feed him. You never can tell how tomorrow may be. He may be in a position to help you tomorrow. Gcd works in mysterious ways that we hardly understand.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Ogaga87(m): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:
There is this guy I once went for him to tutor me in one particular course, in that process I discovered that he has not eaten, so I gave him some money to buy food, another day he came to my house complaining he was hungry, I gave him my food to eat.

There was one weekend, he told me that he did not have money and he was expecting money the next week, throughout that weekend he ate in my side promising that when his parent sent money, he will repay but when the money came he used it to buy watch and some other irrelevant things. He didn't repay which affected me badly because of the money my struggling parent use to sent to me which is always small #10000 every three weeks.

Ever since then anytime he sees me in school and when he comes to my house he will ask if I have cook? Which I don't know how to tell him no.

Saturate his portion with extra salt or pepper continuously, believe me, brother go advice himself sharperly

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Psoul(m): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2019
Tomorrow nw this one will come online to advice other men on how to be hard on their women. Show her that u are a man. Show her some actions and make her to be humble.

Hard man online (e-hardmen)

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Psoul(m): 9:55am On Mar 23, 2019
Which I don't know how to tell him no.

Continue feeding him till u figure out how to say no.
Good boy.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by echibuogwu(m): 9:58am On Mar 23, 2019
Guy mk I clear u straight up... if u are ok with feeding him then continue but if u are tired then clear him straight up, u b man. You shouldn’t be scared of his reaction, it’s ur food and ur money, it’s ur choice to be stingy with it or not. And if u don’t know how to tell him then just say” guy hwfa abeg na only foodstuff for one person I carry come I no fit Dey cook for u join again, things for house tight. U don try for am and if he vex, mk he go die. If u keep caring about how people feel and think in this life, my broda I swear you go suffer. Sometimes you don’t have to be too nice, even girls don’t like dating guys that are too nice.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by wiloy2k8(m): 9:58am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

Baba learn to be blunt . Or you tell him u hungry that he should give u money . Be the first to ask

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by geunik(m): 9:58am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

Lol I have been in your shoes a number of times. I know the feeling. As a young man then, I can't say no when some come. But as time goes on I learn the courage to say no or using have. Now I can't tolerate such nonsense again.
Majority of these persons receive more monthly allowance from their parents than you. But they prefer to live the cunny life. They rather spend their money on girls and gadgets that will give them joy them on food. They will come complaining of how they have not eating for days and wail before you when they see you have a soft heart. Go deeper and you will be surprised how much they get.
The solution is not easy but require you to understand that you owe no one anything because we are all alone in this world. Your mindset is that he will be angry with you and call you Stingy if you dont give him. Not at all. In fact cook in his presence and drop the food. Wait for him to leave before serving yourself. He may ask you for the food. Tell him you want it toas you for two days that that will be next time. Be firm and bold and courageous.
I suffered this problem with two persons but the last person got the message I was sending when I change am follow the guy. He was busy buying flat screen TVs and laptops of different brands and yet tellime how poor he is and how his parents abandoned him.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by ItzChinnex(m): 9:59am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

Guy no dey do dull dull... Tell him pump and plain that you are not giving him food anymore..

There wad this guy that love doing this to me. I cook a lot of yam and gave him just one.. He was mad at me but what can he do?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Adexandsmile(m): 9:59am On Mar 23, 2019
If u have the money to take care of both of u continue but if truly u can't cope,when not use style to tell him,but u will also pay for it too,u will stop cooking and be eaten outside now ask him to give u money to cook for both of u at least u eat here in most case and if u can not give me money now,if I eventually got my money from my parents I will not give u food again because is because of u am going through this hunger strike

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by EazyMoh(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

I have try this, the guy is just too insensitive
Why would you be sensitive to someone insensitive?
Anytime he comes just tell him you are going out (since you never invited him anyway), don't even allow him to enter. Just grab the key and your phone and come out.
Even if he saw the food tell him you can't give him because it's for a friend that contributed money for the food.
If he meets you in school and tries to follow you home, tell him you are going for a fellowship and head straight to Church or Mosque angry angry angry
Useless people I understand your nature, you are the gentle kind type. You shall keep doing this untill he realizes you are determined to avoid him and that chances of getting free food from you have dropped to less than unlikely!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Baffupdrizz(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2019
God created you for that guy. Keep feeding him abeg.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by lomprico(m): 10:01am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

He already knows your weakness 'not able to say NO'.
He will keep exploiting that weakness until you put ur foot down n do the needed.

Tell the modafucker to back off. He won't kill u! angry

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 23, 2019
So there are no TOPICS on NAIRALAND again...?
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Ttipsy(f): 10:03am On Mar 23, 2019
continue feeding him fafa of all nations

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by VicSenio(f): 10:05am On Mar 23, 2019
Eat...eat... eat everywhere grin
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Angelawhite(m): 10:06am On Mar 23, 2019
I had this copper roommate that terribly exploited me. I never lived in the hostel as an undergraduate as I was going to school from home.... so food was not a problem and saying no was not necessary.

Then this Corper friend will be like bro ... let’s contribute and buy this . Borrow me like 3k . If eventually we cook, the guy always took the bigger share . He will finish his allawee middle of the month and will always rely on me for food or transport money to his PPA . I was doing this cause he helped me a lot in getting a good ppa and accommodation.
After some months , I change am for am .

He go be like: Abeg transfer me 2k. I go give you later.

I go be like: chai... nna eh... my cousin sister called me yesterday to help her with money for Jamb form... I de find how I go take get that money sef ... she no even wan know wether I de chop. She think say once u be corper u don get money. Bros no vex... I no balance at all.

After I did like 3 more times consecutively, the guy no disturb me again

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by adisabarber(m): 10:06am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

Drop his phone number here. By the time 20 of us call him he will change

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Elliot2(m): 10:07am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

Kpele. I had same issue while in school: my roommate n neighbour finished my life eh. all my 40k a month was for them. the annoying part was that I was the one cooking and also washing the dishes. Was too shy to say no to their bullshit,and when it got to my neck I had to vent my anger. Do you know what my roomie said to me? "na you feed me from when them born me? me wey just dey manage ur food wey dey always purge my belle". I moved out immediately and stayed on my own,and promised myself I will never do good that will hurt me. The Bible said love ur neighbor as thyself. Look,I no fit love u without loving myself and sanity.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 23, 2019
Please you guys should make ur comment short and meaningful so that we the professional comments readers association world wide (PCRAWW) can read your comment on time and jump to the next one, thanks for your understanding.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by bizhop01: 10:07am On Mar 23, 2019
Go and report him to police,
You dey look for advice abi?
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Springforth: 10:08am On Mar 23, 2019
ojun50:
Since u can't open yr mouth to say no food continue feeding him till you have the courage
bad guy

1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

If u don't have, tell him straight-up. Giving is good though

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2019
Elliot2:
Kpele. I had same issue while in school: my roommate n neighbour finished my life eh. all my 40k a month was for them. the annoying part was that I was the one cooking and also washing the dishes. Was too shy to say no to their bullshit,and when it got to my neck I had to vent my anger. Do you know what my roomie said to me? "na you feed me from when them born me? me wey just dey manage ur food wey dey always purge my belle". I moved out immediately and stayed on my own,and promised myself I will never do good that will hurt me. The Bible said love ur neighbor as thyself. Look,I no fit love u without loving myself and sanity.
Lol. It's human nature to take advantage of the weak. Show Dem you quiet and watch them take advantage

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by grandstar(m): 10:13am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

I have try this, the guy is just too insensitive

Then be firmer. Let your no mean no! (Matthew 5:37)

If you have guys in your room, tell them to help you out. They'll drive him away

Your roommates: "Oh boy, you wan finish my guy food? Dem no dey give you money chop for house?
Oliver Twist: Ee get as hin be
Your Roommate: No finish hin food jare. We were dey here, you think say we no fit ask am?.Free my man jare! Everyday, everyday, you go dey come! Na hin bring you come Lagos.? No dey worry my guy o! You fall our hand as you dey disturb am

Trust me, if your roommates butt in, shame go catch the guy. Nobody likes a parasite.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by SaturnNick(m): 10:14am On Mar 23, 2019
baby124:
Start going to his house and asking for food. Don’t wait for him to come to yours or know when you are home. He will even be the one to block you for trying to use his game on him. Such people will never take what they give.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Fidelismaria: 10:14am On Mar 23, 2019
grin grin grin

Hehehehe

My guy which school you dey biko?

I wouldn't mind having an otondo like you wey go dey take care of my feeding

Heheheh

Mumu man

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Effiongdbest: 10:15am On Mar 23, 2019
Auladimeji2:

Rule 1:Never stay at home after cooking

Rule 2:Buy small cooler

Rule 3:learn to frown your face when cooking, neighbors go dey fear you when you are cooking

Rule 4:Never you speak good English with him,it makes you look like bom boy in front of him.Speak pigin with some thug slang, it makes you look like a street wise in front of him

Rule 5:learn to say "NO" and stand by it

In conclusion
Oga buy small cooler,whenever you are through with cooking, put the food inside the small cooler,take it to bet9ja shop and eat it there.It works

No dey do like Oteme boy

Just kee me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours / What To Do When You Suspect Your Drink Has Been Spiked / How I Cooked My Coconut Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.