Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) (68841 Views)

U.S $80m F-35 Fighter Jet Vanishes From Air (Photos) / Airplane Runs Into Ditch During Takeoff In Lagos / Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Ogunleke48: 7:19am On Mar 22, 2019
abumeinben:
Edo Hairways always.

Where that pishor sef?

On a serious note, like someone wrote in one other thread, planes should have an emergency parachute that spend it in airport under distress. And this parachute should be capable of manual operation from the cockpit.

70% of the earth �surface is of water while land covers just 30%. Where will the parachute take you to? I just hope that the parachute doesn't sink you into the Ocean or Sea. Geographers can relate... lol!

3 Likes

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Tomide007: 7:19am On Mar 22, 2019
.if we successfully make it out of that plane.... I will come down and supervise the beating of the pilot including the entire crew and the high hostess... Why will you fly a plane without sufficient fuel.....even full tank sef.

1 Like

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 22, 2019
montumonami:
Air travel is more save than road. Road accidents have killed more people it's just that the whole world gets to hear about a single air crash that happens

1 Like

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by olagbola45(m): 7:21am On Mar 22, 2019
[quote author=SweetBuns post=76871963][/quote]

Ur fresh legs and hands tho
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by ojun50(m): 7:22am On Mar 22, 2019
decatalyst:
Ah! Will I fly in a plane?

I cannor gamble my life on these half trained pilots and miss measurements of fuel biko
u can be using leaf to fly

1 Like

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by superlanny(m): 7:22am On Mar 22, 2019
decatalyst:

I cannor gamble my life on these half trained pilots and miss measurements of fuel biko
Baba it is inevitable, except if you want to stay in Africa all your life.

2 Likes

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by martineverest(m): 7:28am On Mar 22, 2019
onyxo76:
very scared o, and there is no total filling station to refuel mid air.
lol
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Praisesongz: 7:29am On Mar 22, 2019
superlanny:
Baba it is inevitable, except if you want to stay in Africa all your life.
so he will enter cabu cabu to morroco or South Africa from Nigeria abi? Continue

1 Like

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Praisesongz: 7:30am On Mar 22, 2019
Bet9ja662:
[color=#770077][/color]see below
it’s like you are mad abi?
Na wretched looking people Dey always pose with money
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by SarkinYarki: 7:33am On Mar 22, 2019
gift01:
Is it worse than when both engines on a plane stop working?

when fuel runs out both engines flame out so it's the same thing because both engines actually stop working
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by superlanny(m): 7:34am On Mar 22, 2019
Praisesongz:
so he will enter cabu cabu to morroco or South Africa from Nigeria abi? Continue
who says you cannot use road to get to those countries, it will only take a long time,a trip to south Africa by road can take almost a month on the road.
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by superlanny(m): 7:38am On Mar 22, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:

Leave that abeg.. you forgot that a single crash kills a large number of people which could just be equated with 20 road crashes per one plane crash
Baba planes will always be the safest means of transportation, compare the number of plane crash in a year and the people that died to the number of road crashes and people that died, the stats will amaze you.

2 Likes

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Apple2: 7:38am On Mar 22, 2019
TheMainMan:
I saw this episode on national geographic last year... it was a miraculous landing

the place they landed was once a runway where the pilot was trained but was later converted for sport racing

the front tire that busted actually helped created the necessary friction needed for the plane to stop because it would have been another story entirely if the tire didn't coz it was moving at a very high speed and would have crashed into something

what i don't understand was why the pilot was blamed despite the way he successfully manoeuvre a plane with both engines lost to land. undecided undecided undecided

kudos to the two pilot especially the captain

He wasn't blamed, they blamed the airline not Pilot
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 22, 2019
abumeinben:
Edo Hairways always.

Where that pishor sef?

On a serious note, like someone wrote in one other thread, planes should have an emergency parachute that spend it in airport under distress. And this parachute should be capable of manual operation from the cockpit.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/gizmodo.com/why-don-t-commercial-airplanes-have-parachutes-for-pass-1525770574/amp
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Praisesongz: 7:40am On Mar 22, 2019
superlanny:
who says you cannot use road to get to those countries, *it will only take a long time,a trip to south Africa by road can take almost a month on the road*
Ah God why
See person level of poverty mentality
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by DaV8King(m): 7:42am On Mar 22, 2019
You forget the Air Transat A330 that ran out of fuel over the Atlantic and had to glide over 250km to land in the Azores Islands.

Another Canadian airline.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Transat_Flight_236

If na Nigerian airlines now

1 Like

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Excallibur(m): 7:42am On Mar 22, 2019
[quote author=SweetBuns post=76871963][/quote] name : sweetbuns... Picture: toes ... Which kind wickedness be dis ? angry
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 22, 2019
superlanny:
Baba planes will always be the safest means of transportation, compare the number of plane crash in a year and the people that died to the number of road crashes and people that died, the stats will amaze you.

1 Like

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 22, 2019
SeeMeForLAPTOP:
Humans are wonderful creatures even though flawed.
People talk about termites as small as they are building huge mounds. They laud their efforts in leadership and organizing.
Humans on the other hand are outstanding thinkers. I bet if an alien civilization meets man, they'll wonder how humans got to build a plane. A plane a lot of times bigger than a man and capable of covering alot of distance in a short time and capable of murdering hundreds at a go.
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 22, 2019
When an airplane runs out of fuel in mid air, and no landing strip in sight, what do you get? Gbosa,Bang, Thud, fire and scattered limbs, roasted bodies.
Forget about the wikipedia story. i am not a football fan, i remember of a country that lost a whole football team as a result of the plane they flew with that ran out of fuel.
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by superlanny(m): 7:49am On Mar 22, 2019
Praisesongz:
Ah God why
See person level of poverty mentality
I understand boys like you, you must have had it tough during your childhood, cause only an slowpoke, with a very low IQ can be behind that keyboard. I wish you well tho.
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:24am On Mar 22, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

its very simple: full tank will mean the plane being heavier thus needing more fuel to carry the plane from point A to B (since it would be heavier).... so instead they use just the fuel they need (with just extra for bad weather etc).
Besides, in case of emergency, aviation fuel is very flammable and the more the fuel, the more the risk of explosion. Some airplanes do dump fuel midair if need be.
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by abumeinben(m): 8:34am On Mar 22, 2019
Ogunleke48:

70% of the earth �surface is of water while land covers just 30%. Where will the parachute take you to? I just hope that the parachute doesn't sink you into the Ocean or Sea. Geographers can relate... lol!

Of course I can relate. Ship floats on warra.... Mayday mayday planes can be made to float too.
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Exponental(m): 8:42am On Mar 22, 2019
decatalyst:

if you have to travel, you can buy 20litres of plane's fuel as back up
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by izombie(m): 8:42am On Mar 22, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:

May I remind you that road crash in developed countries are very rare because driving rules and laws are strictly adhered to unlike planes that could develop unknown fault mid air leading to fatal crash
dude don't make yourself stupid. I am afraid of flying too. When i'm onboard an airplane i always count the seconds until we land but that does not change the fact that it is the safest means of transportation. There are hundreds of car crashes every single day around the world and alot of them lead to fatalities. Thousands die from road accidents every year.

2 Likes

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by uuzba(m): 8:43am On Mar 22, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
So how do they measure the quantity of fuel that would be enough for a journey say from Nigeria to Canada
You drive the plane to the filling station and fill up the tank. Put extra 4liters inside small keg.
Then fly to Canada.
Very simple something.... Haba!

1 Like

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 22, 2019
SeeMeForLAPTOP:
Humans are wonderful creatures even though flawed.
People talk about termites as small as they are building huge mounds. They laud their efforts in leadership and organizing.
Humans on the other hand are outstanding thinkers. I bet if an alien civilization meets man, they'll wonder how humans got to build a plane. A plane a lot of times bigger than a man and capable of covering alot of distance in a short time and capable of murdering hundreds at a go.

Not if they're light years ahead of you.

1 Like

Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by uuzba(m): 8:47am On Mar 22, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:

May I remind you that road crash in developed countries are very rare because driving rules and laws are strictly adhered to unlike planes that could develop unknown fault mid air leading to fatal crash
Buy Data now, go on Youtube and search for
Car Accident ....
The number of Developed countries "Recorded Dashcam" accidents that you will see....
Re: See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) by uuzba(m): 8:52am On Mar 22, 2019
decatalyst:

We don dey catch them.
Shey, you are among the crew that will be using Miles to measure in this Nigeria?
Nigeria is a metric country. All our cars have metric units. The spedometer registers in Km/h
Yet some people think it is cool to give us narrative of Miles/h in their write up, because they went to America and want to show off.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) / Truck Moving Damaged Osinbajo's Helicopter Spoilt In Kogi (photos) / Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.