Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,362 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US (35114 Views)

We’re Compiling Reports On Nigerian Elections – US / "We Are Concerned With 2019 General Elections" - APC To Defectors / 2019 General Elections Will Cost N242.4bn - Buhari Tells National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by Thisis2raw(m): 11:34pm On Mar 21, 2019
Nigerian Elections: U.S. decries vote buying, voter intimidation

The United States government says it is disappointed by the scale of irregularities in the Nigerian 2019 general elections.

The U.S. government said from the reports it garnered from observers groups; voter intimidation, vote buying, interference by security forces, and violence marred the electoral process in parts of the country.
It said this in a statement sent to PREMIUM TIMES on Thursday.

It, however, urged stakeholders and security services to ensure a free, fair, credible, transparent, and peaceful election process ahead of the Saturday supplementary governorship election and in future elections.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on March 12 announced supplementary governorship elections in states where it declared the polls inconclusive.

The states include Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Kano, Plateau, and Sokoto. But the supplementary governorship polls will hold in only five states on Saturday due to judicial interventions.

Also in the statement, the U.S government extended its condolences to the families of those who lost their lives during the election process, adding that it would continue to support the national democratic process.
”As noted by many observer groups in their preliminary reports, we too were disappointed by the low voter turnout as well as credible reports of voter intimidation, vote buying, interference by security forces, and violence in some locations.

”As the 2019 electoral cycle comes to an end, we urge all stakeholders to work towards a free, fair, credible, transparent, and peaceful process, especially for the many Nigerians across the country who again will go to polls on Saturday.

”We encourage all stakeholders, including INEC, political parties, and the security services, to continue to improve the electoral process for future elections.
”We are saddened by those acts of violence and extend our deepest sympathy to the families of those who lost their lives, including those who worked for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the security services.”

The statement stressed that the United States has no preferred candidates in the election, adding that it would remain committed to working together to achieve a mutual goal for both countries.

”The United States supports a democratic process where the will of the Nigerian people is reflected in the results. As long-time friends of Nigeria, we continue to follow closely the still ongoing elections. We do not have a preferred party or candidate.

”We look to Nigeria as an important leader on the African continent. As a democratic partner of Nigeria, the United States remains committed to working together to achieve our mutual goals of peace and prosperity for the citizens of both our countries.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/321514-nigerian-elections-u-s-decries-vote-buying-voter-intimidation.html%3famp_markup=1

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by tuniski: 11:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
The election was a sham and outright embarrassment. Only beneficiaries of flawed mandates are rejoicing.

349 Likes 23 Shares

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 21, 2019
I don't know what is now whispering Venezuela in my ears.

237 Likes 18 Shares

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by yerokunphilips: 12:10am On Mar 22, 2019
Awol1:

1 Like

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by Tomide007: 12:13am On Mar 22, 2019
Nigeria's governorship election was very bad.....expecially that of rivers and what that overated politician that called himself akpabio used the millitary for in akwa ibom.... The presidential election was largely successful though......as for those claiming Venezuela.... We all no international community ain't gonna do Nada.....

18 Likes

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 22, 2019
all this talk-talk na trash . u pple shd act for us to c. mak dis Dolled & shameless zombiesm know say power pass power grin grin grin

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by scribble: 12:54am On Mar 22, 2019
Trump has not called to congratulate the zombie in aso rock

191 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by realstars: 2:00am On Mar 22, 2019
The worst election in the world.

235 Likes 13 Shares

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by EagleNest(m): 6:02am On Mar 22, 2019
I think US view remains basically an observation which is in tandem with the reality of what happened in March 09 and the follow up governorship election.

INEC the supposed umpire struggled badly in many places with different playing ground in different states of the country.

Nigeria security apparatus was generally partisan and unprofessional in conduct of their electoral duty.

Thugs were in rampage in all geopolitical zones and even were publicly disenfranchising voters especially in some parts of Lagos. In fact, a House of Rep member was killed by thugs in SW.

Underaged voters were seen casting votes unhindered in the North hence disrespecting the electoral law.

And the politicians...well I leave that one to you.

But UK seems to agree with the conduct of the election. Has it any historical connotation?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by helinues: 6:04am On Mar 22, 2019
Sauces? Ingredients or......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by Axis313(m): 6:07am On Mar 22, 2019
Op source, or this is fake news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by rexwalters: 7:11am On Mar 22, 2019
Awol1:

Keep dreaming and having a self nightmare Zombie,when your friends are buying their mercedez Benz in a few years time you will be thinking of Haiti?Lazy minded swine.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by rexwalters: 7:15am On Mar 22, 2019
realstars:
The worst election in the world.
I don't blame them,they are angry because President Buhari will not betray his people and sell Nigeria on the cheap to them like they were expecting from atiku,for one international oil companies are owing Nigeria 22 billion dollars which don't intend to pay,they must come to a negotiation with the FG,under pdp addax,total,shell,eni would have gotten a waiver and a pat on the back for shortchanging Nigeria.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:29am On Mar 22, 2019
Then what has the U.S. done so far? why not put pressure on both parties as well as politicians to stop this acts and make the 2023 elections better

1 Like

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by SpaceTour: 7:30am On Mar 22, 2019
Lol
Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by BuhariAdvocate: 7:32am On Mar 22, 2019
Hope they have resolve the issue of election fraud.if not they should try mind their business .

4 Likes

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 22, 2019
scribble:
Trump has not called to congratulate the zombie in aso rock
No body has call to congratulte him. Dont believe the nigeria apc media. They are fake news.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by ElsonMorali: 7:52am On Mar 22, 2019
Lol.

Nigeria is disappointed with the election that brought Trump in as President. Allowing Russia to manipulate and rig the result shows a backward and primitive style of democracy.

It is unfortunate that the people's will has been subverted by Russia and some American elements.

What a shame!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by B1ak3: 7:53am On Mar 22, 2019
Is the man's photograph your source?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by salbis(m): 7:59am On Mar 22, 2019
Without mincing words, the just concluded elections is the worst of its kind in the history of Nigeria.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by DMerciful(m): 7:59am On Mar 22, 2019
The 2019 general elections was a fraud!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by bamasite(m): 7:59am On Mar 22, 2019
Shut up

2 Likes

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by emmasege: 7:59am On Mar 22, 2019
I've witnessed so many elections in Nigeria and I make bold to say that 2019 elections were the worst ever conducted in Nigeria.

Only the best president can deliver the best elections, and it's only the worst president that can deliver the worst elections.

Jesus spoke in parables, so do I.

NB: Zombies need not quote me because I'll be busy in office today. I'm out.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 22, 2019
If the US government try any rubbish, i trust Buratai and his pythons to finish them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by Omudia11: 8:00am On Mar 22, 2019
Hahaha
Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by wwwtortoise(m): 8:00am On Mar 22, 2019
Nigeria is like a pawn in the political chessboard of the British and Americans.

1 Like

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by NigeriaBam: 8:00am On Mar 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US by ReeLoaDead(m): 8:00am On Mar 22, 2019
PMB is doing his own version of MNGA ... allow him, he received a mandate from the people.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Not A Single Kobo Has Been Saved From Fuel Subsidy Removal - Ajaero / Governor Aregbesola Wearing A School Uniform / Buhari Meets Journalist He Jailed As Military Ruler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.