Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL (52133 Views)

NTSC To PAL Video Converter / Lcd Or Led? Which Is Best For Ps3 / Can U Play Pal (british) Cd's On An Ntsc (american) System (xbox 360) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by Olori(m): 1:15am On Sep 06, 2010
A friend brought a  40 inch SONY LCD television to Nigeria from the US but because Nigeria uses the PAL system for our VIDEO signals unlike North America that is on NTSC. The TV is showing black and white including distorted video from the dvd,dstv and even normal antenna.

Please is there any one in the house that can help with a NTSC to PAL Converter?

Thanks for your help.
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by Frizy(m): 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2010
Very easy, you don't need a converter. Just switch the color system on the tv remote, to PAL. There should be options of SECAM, PAL, NTSC on tvs of this day and age.
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by Olori(m): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2010
we've done that. checking the settings and all that.

the t.v is not multi system just NTSC.

a guy from sony confirm i need a signal converter from ntsc to pal.

WHERE CAN I GET ONE PLS AND 4 HOW PLS
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by texazzpete(m): 2:57am On Sep 11, 2010
Olori:

A friend brought a  40 inch SONY LCD television to Nigeria from the US but because Nigeria uses the PAL system for our VIDEO signals unlike North America that is on NTSC. The TV is showing black and white including distorted video from the dvd,dstv and even normal antenna.

Please is there any one in the house that can help with a NTSC to PAL Converter?

Thanks for your help.

Switch to HDMI as input. Get a DSTV HD decoder, it'll output from a HDMI port so the usual PAL/NTSC restrictions shouldnt apply. Ditto for the DVD. Any decent DVD player (hint: Not those 7,500 naira ones) should do HDMI output too.

Can't do anything about the analog TV. But you can buy the PAL to NTSC converter from some electronics shops. I suggest you try Alaba, it's cheap.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by Sprumbaba: 5:43am On Oct 19, 2010
@TexassMan

Thanks for this information. All i need to hear is that there is DSTV HD box. I have been thinking about buying a Mulit-System Tv but you don't get the actual spec you need.
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by chevchenko: 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2011
Hi Olori,

were you able to resolve this?

chev
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by sojioguns(m): 7:51am On Nov 05, 2011
You can change the colour system in your DSTV decoder in TV installation in the menu. Remember the PIN is 9949.
It is strange your TV isnt multi system. As far as I know, alll modern TVs are multisystem connecting via AV (composite, component and HDMI). They only have issues with the tuners.
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by Man51ut(m): 12:46am On Nov 07, 2011
American tvs and media players are usually single system, lord knows why especially in this day and age.
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by zebudaya(m): 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2011
Hello Olori did you figure this out? did the dstv hd decoder work for you? Did anyone else figure this out?
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by dydroy: 8:45am On Dec 06, 2011
I use a pal->ntsc signal converter for mine, and it works quite well.
I have not tried sojiogun's suggestion though, might just give it a try.
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by zebudaya(m): 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2011
Thank you for you reply. Where did you buy the converter from and what's the make/model and cost ?
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by niyooo(m): 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2012
Any response to zebudaya's question? Where can one get the NTSC PAL converter in Lagos?
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by dydroy: 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
Anyone still interested in this converter should let me know...I have one unit for sale! wink
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by Ajillo: 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
Funny DSTV decoder is set for PAL 1 and PAL G only. You can't change it to NTSC. Why?
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by twinskenny(m): 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
pls anyone with this converter or where i can buy urgently shud pls send me a text plssssss 08051355133
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by dydroy: 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2012
Mentioned above that i got one for sale, used for a couple months but with all the accessories and pack still intact.
If you're still interested i can get it for you whenever you're ready! It's composite video input (eg standard pal dstv) to composite video output(ntsc) though, while the audio (L-R cable) is routed directly to the tv. The conversion is quite good for tvs below 46". I wouldn't advise you use it for bigger tvs.
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by prince3342(m): 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2012
There are several types of those decoders... but the best is the one that uses HDMI cable. Some enhance picture quality to up HD 1080P while converting... See pix below... I have sent a RCA 50inches home from USA for me to know that it was a single system TV, so I bought the one with HDMI cable... I hope it does a great job back home.... If anyone needs it I think I can do a little help.

Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by gabon(m): 6:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
I need the converter. How do I buy the converter from you dr. droy? pls paste your phone contact here or contact me on 07035588336 0r 08071753363.

Thanks
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by gabon(m): 11:31am On Jan 05, 2013
NTSC to pal Converter now available for sale... Call me on 07035588336 or 08071753363
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by gabon(m): 9:44am On Jan 13, 2013
NTSC to PAL Video converter now Available for sale. call me on 07035588336 or 08071753363 call now
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by gabon(m): 8:39am On Feb 08, 2013
[b][/b]NTSC to pal Converter now available for sale... Call me on 07035588336 or 08071753363
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by BarbyM: 4:53am On Jul 18, 2013
Hi I just found this post and it very appropriate to my problem.
I actually purchased a converter for my US made NTSC Sony Bravia to PAL system from a guy in UK and it has worked fine for 4 years. Suddenly 2 days ago it stopped working. My problem is I am in Bali Indonesia....shipping another in is a problem however it can be mailed to Sydney Australia and I can pick up from there. Nobody here knows what I am talking about so cannot do here. PLease advise and need your help. THANKS!
Basically need a new one as the TV is working fine for DVD's etc.
PLEASE HELP.
Regards
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by gabon(m): 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2013
I can ship the converter to you in Bali, Indonesia. contact me on +2347035588336 so we discuss.
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by nitoksyahooco(m): 6:57am On Sep 27, 2013
Pls house, can the mini NTSC-PAL converter work perfectly for 52' Sharp LCD? Or I should go for the bigger one and what are the prices? Just trying to cut cost anyway. Thanks
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by lineviews: 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
Gabon, pls this forum is for us to aid each other. Pls pick your calls or respond to my messages on the converter.
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by gabon(m): 7:30pm On Sep 28, 2013
lineview I dont joke with my phone calls, when I see a missed call, I do call back whether I know the caller or not.

call back please.

Thanks
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by JECU: 11:07am On Oct 15, 2013
^^^ I have been trying to call u but its on call Divert.I am need d NTSC to PAL converter.what is d cost n how can I get it.I stay in lagos.u can call me on 08082203268
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by gabon(m): 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
JECU: ^^^ I have been trying to call u but its on call Divert.I am need d NTSC to PAL converter.what is d cost n how can I get it.I stay in lagos.u can call me on 08082203268

sorry I went to work outside lagos and the network there is poor. I have tried calling you back several times but you ain't picking my calls either. call me ASAP.

Thanks
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by emmanosyclo(m): 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
@olori were u able to convert d NTSC to PAL.pls i want to know and at what cost?thanks
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by gabon(m): 4:58am On Nov 16, 2013
@emmanosyclo I am able to convert from NTSC to Pal. call 07035588336 or mail gaboninfotech@yahoo.com
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by bassdow: 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2014
please can I get Vga to Component converter. I want to use my LG Tv which has Component 480i as monitor for my PC. I already have the cable but it displays coloured lines which are fuzzy. Have done some googling and it seems I would be needing a converter. The Pc output cable is VGA while My TV input is Component.
I will appreciate any help and suggestions available.
Re: Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL by gabon(m): 1:59am On Jan 09, 2014
sure you can get a converter from me. whats your location and phone number?
kindly call me on 07035588336 or email: gaboninfotech@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Super Mario Dies Aged 84 Years / PES 15 Fan Thread / Real Football 2008 Now Available 4 Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.