Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs (40027 Views)

Top 10 Early Nollywood Sweethearts Part 2 / Top 10 Early Nollywood Sweethearts / Do You Love S-X Without Condom? 10 Early Signs You Need To Get An HIV Test Quick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by ThinkWISELY(m): 9:04pm On Mar 22, 2019
alizma:

guy if you know how many people that cried for my house because of this movie or how both old and young people, tenant and owner of the house members wanted us to get the part two of this movie in the middle of the night, you won't bring it up. it was something else the first day we watched the movie

I feel you bro,Indomie generation will not understand grin
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Reeses: 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2019
And guess what?? dominated by Igbo kwenus!!!!!
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Zzyy(m): 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2019
Igbo amaka
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Godsgift7837: 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2019
Are you from Edo please?
ExAngel007:
I honestly love Sam Dede
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by extremelygolden: 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
Bob Manuel nko
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by bengg: 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2019
OboOlora:
Chai Pat Attah gets me wet�

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Ucylious(f): 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2019
Their romantic scenes were the best, they didn't need to show case their prowess in heated romance to communicate their feelings.

A simple look, smile or laughter expressed it all, raw undiluted love.

Anyway I grew up to discover that * love na scam* angry

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by gladisa7: 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2019
d guy wey act that rattle snake part 2 was good. stopped acting but he was good.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by beautyhd: 10:03pm On Mar 22, 2019
This was when I used to write down proverbs as I see movies.

An elephant cannot hide behind the shrubs' Sam Dede

The tail of a viper does nothing to the shell of a tortoise Sam Dede

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Elviswifey1(f): 10:13pm On Mar 22, 2019
Chai I missed Nigerian movies.after these guys I cant remember watching 9ja films starting from 2010.they act rubbish so I stopped watching
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by icebird25(m): 10:15pm On Mar 22, 2019
Sam Dede.... There's is one of his movie I keep on watching ..i was so addicted with that movie...
Titled the "IKENGA"
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Radiant1020(f): 10:18pm On Mar 22, 2019
izombie:
I will never forget this movie "two together" where emeka ike was genevieve's teacher. He was beating her at school and mistakenly blinded one of genevieve's eye and he was forced to marry genevieve. He treated genevieve so badly and finally she decided to go back to her parent's house. But emeka began to miss her. Not only did he then realise how beautiful gene was but also how a very rare woman she was that loved him unconditionally. When he went to beg her to come back home to him was the best acting i had ever seen from gene and emeka. It was so emotional that i used to cry anytime i rewatched that scene.

Yeahhhh! I remember that movie
her name was chekube
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by realoscar84(m): 10:22pm On Mar 22, 2019
Sam Dede was the man every guy aspired to be like. He doesn't talk much, but his action was always on point. He choses his words carefully. He doesn't look tough but every action of his inspired toughness in me. I enjoyed his role so much in the last burial.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Nickymezor(f): 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2019
lenghtinny:

There's this dude that's always playing Ini Ed's love interest in movies back then.... The guy is like Nonso'brother because he usually suffers and he can cry like tomorrow no dey.... Mere looking at him will make you feel pity for him because his face is always like that of a child that lost his favorite cookie....

Frank something or so, I can't remember....
Re u referring to Francis duru?
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by ibkayee(f): 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2019
uncjay:
That nostalgic feeling when Nollywood was worth it...

I mean I keep hearing these new generation producers and marketers saying Nollywood is getting better by the day yet anytime I decide to watch just one I get disappointed.
safarigirl:

Thanks for this.

The last few weeks, I've been watching so many Nollywood classics and what we have today, simpky doesn't compare

The camera quality might be better and the settings more luxurious, but there is a certain rawness they lack. The actors are too robotic, almost emotionless. They are more concerned with speaking beautiful English than executing their roles.

I can't even recall any of them being able to wail like Chinwe Owoh and Rita Edochie, or sob and cry like Nkiru, no raw emotions. Everything is stuffy and bougie
You've both said it all

Nollywood classics >>> 'Current' Nollywood

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by ExAngel007(f): 10:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
Godsgift7837:
Are you from Edo please?
no sir
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Angelovic96: 10:39pm On Mar 22, 2019
ThinkWISELY:
Nice one, where's Nkem Owoh?

Back in the days Nkem Owoh started as a writer,that man is extremely talented and sarcastic,by the way who remembered this movie rattle snake? grin cool

if you didn't watch that movie then you are part of the indomie generation!
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Charles4075(m): 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
Op, this list is not complete at all.
What about the alumni association of blood money makers.
Introducing - Great Pete edochie, Kanayo O Kanayo, Chiwetalu Agu.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Charles4075(m): 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
Op, this list is not complete at all.

What about the alumni association of blood money makers.

Introducing - Great Pete edochie, Kanayo O Kanayo, Chiwetalu Agu.

Op, please be careful

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by safarigirl(f): 11:29pm On Mar 22, 2019
izombie:
I will never forget this movie "two together" where emeka ike was genevieve's teacher. He was beating her at school and mistakenly blinded one of genevieve's eye and he was forced to marry genevieve. He treated genevieve so badly and finally she decided to go back to her parent's house. But emeka began to miss her. Not only did he then realise how beautiful gene was but also how a very rare woman she was that loved him unconditionally. When he went to beg her to come back home to him was the best acting i had ever seen from gene and emeka. It was so emotional that i used to cry anytime i rewatched that scene.
i forgot the title, but this is my best Emeka Ike movie. Honestly, I loved it so much.

I can watch it multiple times, it was so emotional

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by zealadjay(m): 11:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
Where is Pete Edochi,

Where is Zack Orji,

Where is Kanayo. O. Kanayo,

Therefore, I declare dis result inconclusive...
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by HolyTitus(m): 11:32pm On Mar 22, 2019
Emeka Ike could travel anywhere in the world to see a girl; even if he doesn't have T-fare; he'll surely find means

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by safarigirl(f): 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
zealadjay:
Where is Pete Edochi,

Where is Zack Orji,

Where is Kanayo. O. Kanayo,

Therefore, I declare dis result inconclusive...

they are not in this category

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Godsgift7837: 12:55am On Mar 23, 2019
You look very Familiar
ExAngel007:
no sir
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Reussite: 12:59am On Mar 23, 2019
HolyTitus:
Emeka Ike could travel anywhere in the world to see a girl; even if he doesn't have T-fare; he'll surely find means
Lol I swear he isn't called lover boy for nothing! wink
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Reussite: 1:00am On Mar 23, 2019
safarigirl:

Thanks for this.

The last few weeks, I've been watching so many Nollywood classics and what we have today, simpky doesn't compare

The camera quality might be better and the settings more luxurious, but there is a certain rawness they lack. The actors are too robotic, almost emotionless. They are more concerned with speaking beautiful English than executing their roles.

I can't even recall any of them being able to wail like Chinwe Owoh and Rita Edochie, or sob and cry like Nkiru, no raw emotions. Everything is stuffy and bougie
Nollwood classics anyday anytime...that was the beauty of nollywood! wink

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Rockyrascal(m): 8:54am On Mar 23, 2019
222Martins:
Sam Dede, That guy dishes out Igbo proverbs for breakfast especially in Ijele, Issakaba and Last Burial.

Some of his favorites quote: " It is sheer ignorance that makes the rat challenge the cat to a wrestling match."

"No one praises the ocean for its size."

"The day a child insists on knowing what killed the father, he begins his journey to the land of the dead."

"The protection of the young chick, is in the wings of the mother hen."

"The cockrel that visits the diety, will become a sacrifice to the gods."

"Igbudu!!!!!! Do not be deceived by the friendly nature of Amadioha's wife; or you will be consumed by the volcano of her husband's anger." - Sam Dede's quote while in a battle with Igbudu the great dibia in Issakaba 2.

Nkemka the cripple: The lion is shamed when it sees its cub run away at the mere barking of a dog.
Sam Dede (Ebube): "Not when what the cub saw has 6 feet, with the teeth of a dragon, fiercer than even the lion itself." - Issakaba 4
baba u watch home video o... Am proud of you

See as u make me Dey smile sheepishly at my phone

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Smile31(f): 10:15am On Mar 23, 2019
That Chidi Mokeme part cracked me up! �

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by Smile31(f): 10:16am On Mar 23, 2019
You didn't talk about Charles Okafor. That guy was cool too!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by mylove4God(f): 11:43am On Mar 23, 2019
MissJoy29:
Ah! When Nollywood was worth it!
But OP, Jim Iyke, Nonso & Ezuruonye aren't in the same category o.

You didn't mention Bob Manuel, Francis Duru, Chigozie Atuanya, Yomi Blaq.

Awww. I so much liked Yomi Blaq then, most especially his baritone voice. Just remembered this movie 'Buried Emotion' he acted with Nkiru Sylvanus and Benita Nzeribe

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by MissJoy29(f): 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2019
mylove4God:

Awww. I so much liked Yomi Blaq then, most especially his baritone voice. Just remembered this movie 'Buried Emotion' he acted with Nkiru Sylvanus and Benita Nzeribe
Exactly! His deep voice and potruded yet sexy eyeballs. Lol. I'm trying to remember Buried Emotion.

I just remembered Ernest Asuzu and Frank Eche-ben. Know them?
Re: Top 10 Early Nollywood Heartthrobs by mylove4God(f): 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2019
MissJoy29:

Exactly! His deep voice and potruded yet sexy eyeballs. Lol. I'm trying to remember Buried Emotion.

I just remembered Ernest Asuzu and Frank Eche-ben. Know them?

Ernest Asuzu that I know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chika Ike Wows In White Bikini (Photo) / Regina Daniels Celebrates 4 Million Instagram Followers Inside Red Ferrari / Meet 14 Unmarried Celebrity dads In Nigeria | Wizkid, Olamide,flavour & More!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.