Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal (63715 Views)

MURIC To Adeleke: Don't waste this Talent, invest in A Dancing School / Governor Wike & Dakuku Peterside Meet In Okrika (Photo) / Aisha Alhassan 'Mama Taraba' Resigns As Minister (Resignation Letter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by ofiko123(m): 6:14pm On Mar 22, 2019
Let them celebrate while they can..
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 22, 2019
Since the case will definately get to the supreme court, i wish it is possible to just appeal to the supreme court directly.
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by chopmymoney(f): 6:17pm On Mar 22, 2019
Sharrap if you are not happy or go hug transformer

1 Like

Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by udemzyudex(m): 6:19pm On Mar 22, 2019
Koolking:
The tribunal judgement is flawed, giving room for a lot of loopholes. I don't see the judgement affirmed by the appeal court, let alone supreme court.

However, Oyetola remains the governor until supreme court judgement. It's ok not for Adeleke celebrate now.

Pls state the loopholes, I really want to know.
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by Olawalesmarter(m): 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2019
This is neither good or Bad news to people of Osun because no one really have much expectations from Adeleke, i wonder what he will be doing if he become the Governor of Osun State

1 Like

Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by udemzyudex(m): 6:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
Kennydoc:
As much as I wish this judgement can be upheld up to the Supreme Court level, I sincerely don't expect much from Adeleke if he eventually gets sworn in as the governor of Osun State. He really can't do much for the people of Osun. The state is broke at the moment, and the man himself (Adeleke) doesn't seem to be that smart.

During campaign, we all saw the list of things he did for his people as senator, what makes you such can't be replicated in the state level?
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by Jalinco: 6:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
Democracy is in danger
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by udemzyudex(m): 6:25pm On Mar 22, 2019
Olawalesmarter:
This is neither good or Bad news to people of Osun because no one really have much expectations from Adeleke, i wonder what he will be doing if he become the Governor of Osun State

Why are you people just posting nonsense online this evening?

No one really have much expectation from Adeleke? But have much expectation from Oyetola?

How do some people reason sef? Remember this man is a senator, why not ask or do research on his performance to the people he is representing and use that to judge?

If no one have much expectation why did the people of Osun state vote massively for him during the election?
Omisore that is even well known came third.

Haba.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by babytoun: 6:25pm On Mar 22, 2019
Painment....

Dakuku never was declared winner...Dakuku only got his request for a rerun which was overturned..

This. Case is different because the court ruled on the grounds that

1. 7 Pus were illegally cancelled by the state Rec
2. Results were falsified as inec could not show sufficient ground for certain discrepancies

3. The rerun was illegal .

When Apc appeals they will be challenging these grounds and will need to nullify All these grounds to win while Adeleke needs only 1 of the grounds to be upheld and he wins ....this is a near impossible task for Apc
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by IGrey(m): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2019
In Nigerian politics..never celebrate early...anything can happen
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by Chiachifranklin: 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2019
u hv made a point bro, but d evidences were so obvious that d election was rigged
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by Olawalesmarter(m): 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2019
udemzyudex:

No one really have much expectation from Adeleke? But have much expectation from Oyetola?

How do some people reason sef? Remember this man is a senator, why not ask or do research on his performance to the people he is representing and use that to judge?

If no one have much expectation why did the people of Osun state vote massively for him during the election?

Haba.

No one really have much Expectations from both PDP And APC. They are both the same thing and that's the reason why I say it is Neither good or Bad news

1 Like

Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by Wantam: 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2019
Oshomole became a governor through this process remember?
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by Olawalesmarter(m): 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2019
udemzyudex:

Haba.

No one really have much Expectations from both PDP And APC. They are both the same thing and that's the reason why I say it is Neither good or Bad news, the only reason it seem PDP won was because APC failed to pay salary it is not like we are expecting much from PDP
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by Abbey2sam(m): 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2019
MORNDEW:
Adeleke Don't celebrate yet, Dakuku, and Mama Taraba also won at the tribunal
I was walking home from work when a friend called me with joyous tone that the tribunal has declared the pdp candidate for Osun Gubernatorial election winner. I asked what was the celebration all about he said he is now the governor na. I just called him "olodo and dropped the call.

Tribunal judgements since election cases gets to the Supreme Court has become mere academic exercise. After the 2015 governorship election, many candidates who lost the election went to court. Yours truly followed the cases of the then Rivers State Apc governorship candidate, Dr. Dakuku Adol Peterside and Taraba State governorship candidate of the Apc Mrs Aisha Alhassan, (Mama Taraba).

These candidates won at the tribunal and the court of appeal but lost at the apex court. So what's the celebration all about? Adeleke and the PDP should not celebrate yet until this matter gets to the Supreme Court.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/breaking-appeal-court-sacks-gov-wike-orders-fresh-election-in-rivers/
http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/07/breaking-tribunal-nullifies-governor-ishakus-election-declares-mama-taraba-winner/

So I wonder the need for this half celebration that might be shortlived.
People should understand intrigues of legal battles before rushing to celebrate.
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Princewill Chimereze
Writer, public affairs analyst and social commentator.

https://enlightennigeria..com/2019/03/adeleke-dont-celebrate-yet-dakuku-and.html

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=780447358996590&id=248706512170680&__tn__=%2AW-R#footer_action_list

The case of mama taraba was different
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by yetunsbay(m): 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
Phock2sweet:
buhari you are next to go back to daura with ur lifelessness
lol....u think if PMB had compromised Adeleke would hv won
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by udemzyudex(m): 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

No one really have much Expectations from both PDP And APC. They are both the same thing and that's the reason why I say it is Neither good or Bad news, the only reason it seem PDP won was because APC failed to pay salary it is not like we are expecting much from PDP

Are you from Osun state?
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by cocaineaddict(m): 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2019
fatymore:
ba3 low..will come back and post
Who cares
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by bcashy: 6:34pm On Mar 22, 2019
Progressive15:
No matter what,the ruling party will win at last

grin grin grin

Just dey look ooooo, they will soon come back here and start cursing everybody!

Even Adeleke self knows! grin
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by Chiachifranklin: 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2019
Koolking:
The tribunal judgement is flawed, giving room for a lot of loopholes. I don't see the judgement affirmed by the appeal court, let alone supreme court.

However, Oyetola remains the governor until supreme court judgement. It's ok not for Adeleke celebrate now.
U think these Judges were not following d event of dat election?, all that is required from pdp is little evidences to prove their case and is done, this verdict Accords PDP 10% success to d Appeal court
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by jaybanky(m): 6:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
datola:
Hmmm..

If higher court upturns the tribunal`s verdiCt the short period Adeleke will rule is enough to loot enough for PDP.

And that is if Osun has any penny left in the ACCANT.

And who told you Adeleke will be the governor? Oyetola still remains the Governor until supreme court says otherwise
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by freemi(m): 6:50pm On Mar 22, 2019
Naijaguy12345:
It's not adeleke celebrating , it's the Igbo .
hehe e pain am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by balonaija(f): 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2019
wow
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by balonaija(f): 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2019
I don't believe this.
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by gly(m): 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2019
MORNDEW:
Adeleke Don't celebrate yet, Dakuku, and Mama Taraba also won at the tribunal
I was walking home from work when a friend called me with joyous tone that the tribunal has declared the pdp candidate for Osun Gubernatorial election winner. I asked what was the celebration all about he said he is now the governor na. I just called him "olodo and dropped the call.

Tribunal judgements since election cases gets to the Supreme Court has become mere academic exercise. After the 2015 governorship election, many candidates who lost the election went to court. Yours truly followed the cases of the then Rivers State Apc governorship candidate, Dr. Dakuku Adol Peterside and Taraba State governorship candidate of the Apc Mrs Aisha Alhassan, (Mama Taraba).

These candidates won at the tribunal and the court of appeal but lost at the apex court. So what's the celebration all about? Adeleke and the PDP should not celebrate yet until this matter gets to the Supreme Court.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/breaking-appeal-court-sacks-gov-wike-orders-fresh-election-in-rivers/
http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/07/breaking-tribunal-nullifies-governor-ishakus-election-declares-mama-taraba-winner/

So I wonder the need for this half celebration that might be shortlived.
People should understand intrigues of legal battles before rushing to celebrate.
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Princewill Chimereze
Writer, public affairs analyst and social commentator.

https://enlightennigeria..com/2019/03/adeleke-dont-celebrate-yet-dakuku-and.html

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=780447358996590&id=248706512170680&__tn__=%2AW-R#footer_action_list

I love your points OP, but you must understand that the line of senator Adeleke's victory is quite different from that of the ones you cited. Look at the constitution and you will know that there was no need for re-run with respect to Osun in the first place. This and others things were well argued out and same will play out and repeat itself even in the apex court when the time comes.

Well done once more.
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by FearGodinall: 7:33pm On Mar 22, 2019
What the op doesn't understand is that the conditions and processes involved in Rivers and Taraba states cited are not the same with that of Osun state hence,the tribunal judgement may likely upheld.
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
Progressive15:
No matter what,the ruling party will win at last
who com be d ruling party?
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by Olawalesmarter(m): 7:48pm On Mar 22, 2019
udemzyudex:

Are you from Osun state?

Yes I am from Osun State
Re: Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal by olanrewaju157: 8:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Videos From Shiite Members' Protest In Abuja & Clash With Police / Tunde Sabiu, Buhari's Nephew Is A Billionaire At 20 - Junaid Mohammed / Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.