Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

China Admissions Scammed Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / China Admissions Scammed Me (856 Views)

I Was Almost Scammed This Morning / ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? / Middlesex University Dubai - Admissions Closing Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Admissions Scammed Me by Zoebaby1(f): 1:45am On Mar 23, 2019
Hello,

I would advise anyone trying to apply to school on China to do so through a very trustworthy and reliable agency. I heard there were many scamming agencies in China but I didn't expect it to be one of the popular ones. Apart from their inability to get the appropriate information about schools you are applying to, they also don't refund money paid for services not rendered. I applied to four different schools through them. Wasn't offered admission in three due to information they should have divulged to be before spending hundreds of dollars. Imagine applying to a school (on their advice ooo) and they later telling me they forgot the school wasn't taking in any student for the session, after paying a hundred dollars for each application. The one that finally worked out came in way too late and I couldn't get my visa cos the extension period wouldn't cover the visa application period. Imagine the money spent applying, travelling to visa center, accommodation, application upon application and even the student care package I paid for which I targeted would cover my arrival and student support. All these runs into almost 800k. I have been asking them for a refund of the student care package I paid for (since I didn't use it) and the last application I paid for also since they were the ones who misled me but for almost a month now the agency and it's workers have suddenly gone mute.

My advice, stay and school in Nigeria and if you really must travel, make sure you are applying through a genuine agency
Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by dennel(m): 1:54am On Mar 23, 2019
So sorry about all you went tru* tks sharing too! I think you shd have tried better countries; why China ?!

God gat you tho

Zoebaby1:
Hello,

I would advise anyone trying to apply to school on China to do so through a very trustworthy and reliable agency. I heard there were many scamming agencies in China but I didn't expect it to be one of the popular ones. Apart from their inability to get the appropriate information about schools you are applying to, they also don't refund money paid for services not rendered. I applied to four different schools through them. Wasn't offered admission in three due to information they should have divulged to be before spending hundreds of dollars. Imagine applying to a school (on their advice ooo) and they later telling me they forgot the school wasn't taking in any student for the session, after paying a hundred dollars for each application. The one that finally worked out came in way too late and I couldn't get my visa cos the extension period wouldn't cover the visa application period. Imagine the money spent applying, travelling to visa center, accommodation, application upon application and even the student care package I paid for which I targeted would cover my arrival and student support. All these runs into almost 800k. I have been asking them for a refund of the student care package I paid for (since I didn't use it) and the last application I paid for also since they were the ones who misled me but for almost a month now the agency and it's workers have suddenly gone mute.

My advice, stay and school in Nigeria and if you really must travel, make sure you are applying through a genuine agency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by Zoebaby1(f): 2:22am On Mar 23, 2019
dennel:

So sorry about all you went tru* tks sharing too! I think you shd have tried better countries; why China ?!

God gat you tho

Thank you very much. That was the question everyone asked me and I was like 'Why not China' since I wanted to learn both the theoretical and practical aspects of business. I also wanted to learn the language and know the right places to trade for my business. UK and Canada were options I had but wasn't interested in since I would still eventually travel to China for business. I just wanted to kill two birds with a stone. What a bad decision!

1 Like

Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by Nobody: 2:33am On Mar 23, 2019
Zoebaby1:
Hello,

You should have applied by yourself

1 Like

Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by dennel(m): 2:35am On Mar 23, 2019
You shd have opted for Uk dear! China is crowded and bad for learning I think* kiss

Zoebaby1:

Thank you very much. That was the question everyone asked me and I was like 'Why not China' since I wanted to learn both the theoretical and practical aspects of business. I also wanted to learn the language and know the right places to trade for my business. UK and Canada were options I had but wasn't interested in since I would still eventually travel to China for business. I just wanted to kill two birds with a stone. What a bad decision!
Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by Nobody: 2:36am On Mar 23, 2019
DMainMan advised you guys and showed you the way. But you were looking for shortcuts. I have no remorse for you.

https://www.nairaland.com/4943935/apply-2019-bsc-msc-phd
Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by Zoebaby1(f): 2:39am On Mar 23, 2019
hosey:

You should have applied by yourself

I actually did that before. Twice . But I wasn't getting any replies from the schools. I think big schools in China are particular about nationals they grant admission
Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by Zoebaby1(f): 2:43am On Mar 23, 2019
hosey:
DMainMan advised you guys and showed you the way. But you were looking for shortcuts. I have no remorse for you.

https://www.nairaland.com/4943935/apply-2019-bsc-msc-phd

Wow this is harsh... I didn't even see the post you are talking about. Do you think if I got just one person to advise me about this agency I would have gone ahead. That's why I'm posting this so people can be careful. I'm sure there are other good agencies out there, I just fell into the hands of this one that's all.

N Mr man I didn't look for shortcuts at all. If I wanted to do that I would have applied for a tourist visa and the try getting a school to help me extend it into an X1 visa. I went through the normal process. Please get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by Zoebaby1(f): 2:45am On Mar 23, 2019
dennel:

You shd have opted for Uk dear! China is crowded and bad for learning I think* kiss

My love for business made me look at China like it was business heaven. It was either China or UAE but good schools in the UAE are ultra expensive. Lol
Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by dennel(m): 2:52am On Mar 23, 2019
Bn offered diff admissions in MBA in the Uk... Ts easy n you can do yourself* From Uk to anywhr, n if the groom you as per biz, you’ll have one of the best training n edu there! Wah I see in China is just the practical part whr you hold your cash n trade at the trade fairs, n not the education per say!
You get ?

Zoebaby1:

My love for business made me look at China like it was business heaven. It was either China or UAE but good schools in the UAE are ultra expensive. Lol
Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by Zoebaby1(f): 3:24am On Mar 23, 2019
dennel:
Bn offered diff admissions in MBA in the Uk... Ts easy n you can do yourself* From Uk to anywhr, n if the groom you as per biz, you’ll have one of the best training n edu there! Wah I see in China is just the practical part whr you hold your cash n trade at the trade fairs, n not the education per say!
You get ?

Yes I do
Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 23, 2019
Zoebaby1:

I actually did that before. Twice . But I wasn't getting any replies from the schools. I think big schools in China are particular about nationals they grant admission

I am sorry. I misinterpreted your complaints. Forgive me
Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by Zoebaby1(f): 3:54am On Mar 23, 2019
hosey:

I am sorry. I misinterpreted your complaints. Forgive me

No worries. Thank you though
Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by DKrown: 5:38am On Mar 23, 2019
Sorry for you. Me just dey India dey find school fees. Governor Yaya Bello no gree pay my papa. cry cry
Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by rex444(m): 5:56am On Mar 23, 2019
I have contact that will do another country passport legit for you and you can use to travel without visa to many places
Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by alfarouq(m): 6:32am On Mar 23, 2019
Dmainman
Re: China Admissions Scammed Me by RichChinaAdmiss: 8:00am On Nov 15, 2023
Hello, I'm Rich from China Admissions.

I did check and we did have one student from Nigeria who matches this description.

I'm sorry that the application didn't work out for you. We did give a full refund at this time. We apologies that there was a delay on that.

To give some background:
I'm afraid it can be very challenging for students from Nigeria to apply to Chinese universities.
We do have some information about it here.
https://www.china-admissions.com/blog/apply-for-universities-in-china-nigerians/
https://www.china-admissions.com/nigerian-students-in-china/

Usually, we make sure that all students have a call with us first before ordering our services, so we and we will prepare the agreement for you so it is clear on expectations.

We're sorry that this didn't work for you and hope that you every success in the future.

(1) (Reply)

The Polytechnic Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Process. / Home Economics As A Field Of Study And Its Benefits / Ongoing Construction At AKSU Permanent Site (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.