Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,982 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

How To Create Listening Skills A Must Read For Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Create Listening Skills A Must Read For Students (320 Views)

Skills A Mechanical Engineer Should Learn To Be Relevant / Skills A Mechanical Engineering Graduate Needs To Learn / Four Best Physics Textbooks To Read For JAMB. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Listening Skills A Must Read For Students by cheneupdate(m): 3:54am On Mar 23, 2019
The problem with “kind of” listening is that it can lead to mistakes, misunderstandings, the wrong goals, wasting time and lack of teamwork. I love the quote in the graphic above from Ernest Hemingway.

There are so many reasons for us to pause before we act. This pertains to listening as well. As a coach, I learned the importance of careful and thoughtful listening. Yet, I still have to remind myself about active listening. Some people think they are listening but to build positive relationships that work, they need to listen well.

“Listening is as powerful a means of communication and influence as to talk well.” – John Marshall

They may be listening just enough to jump in to say what they want to say. Some have trouble concentrating on what the other person is saying so they zone out or daydream while the person is talking.

There are others who think they are listening but actually are thinking of all the things they want to say or need to do that day. Listening is less important than how you listen.

By listening in a way that demonstrates understanding and respect, you build a true foundation for a good relationship no matter if it is between coach and coachee, teacher and students, friends, mother and child, spouses, or team members.

“I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.” – Ernest Hemingway.

Ten tips to listening well[

(1) (Reply)

If You Are a Maths Enthusiast Please Enter / The Dynamism Of The Nigerian Foreign Policy / 30 Best Ba Interview Questions And Answers - Enhancelearn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.