Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency (3244 Views)

Tinubu, South-West APC Governors Absent As Buhari Meets Party Stakeholders / 2023: APC Leaders Split Over Tinubu, South-East May Get Presidential Ticket / Tinubu, South-West Leaders Reject Yoruba Nation, Support Ban On Open Grazing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 23, 2019
My Advice to Tinubu, South West and APC for 2023 presidency

In the interview granted by the president of Arewa Youth Consultative Forum (AYCF), Yerima Shettima published by the Sun Newspaper on the 22nd March, 2019 online
-https://www.sunnewsonline.com/northll-field-better-candidate-for-2023-presidency-shettima/ -

he said North will field a better candidate in 2023. Some may argue he doesn't speak for the whole North. Even though that is true, his statement still need to be considered in making political calculations for 2023 presidency.

The best way for South West and Tinubu to prevent Northern presidency in 2023, is for Tinubu to sell an intelligent, smart, detribalised, Lagos bred technocrat from South East (1st choice) or South South (2nd choice) to Buhari to be nominated as APC presidential candidate. I made South South 2nd choice instead of just limiting the choice to only south east because in my opinion (I could be wrong) I feel the North and south west will be more comfortable naturally with a south South candidate than a south east candidate. And also, it gives opportunity for south south to complete 8 years tenure as Jonathan did only 5.3 years. Once that is done, PDP will also zone their presidency to South South or South East. That will increase the chance of southern presidency tremendously. In terms of fairness, even though South east presidency in 2023 is the fairest, South South presidency is also fair from the angle of 8 year tenure. South west presidency has the least argument of fairness in terms of southern unity. However in terms of political capital and political alliance, south west 2023 presidency is logical.

We know for sure even if APC and PDP give their presidential ticket to a southerner, a popular Northerner like Kwankwanso may still chose to contest under third party like CPC, SDP,LP etc. But under this condition, it will be difficult for the northerner to win if and only if APC candidate is from South South or South East. The whole south will vote APC for president if APC candidate is from SS/SE even if PDP present SS/SE candidate. Should APC chose South West candidate and PDP chose South South or South East Candidate, southern votes will be divided. A candidate like Kwankwanso using any party like CPC, AA, ZZZ etc will have unified core northern(NW/NE) votes and may win (most likely in the 2nd ballot because he may not get 25% spread in 2/3 of the states and FCT in the first ballot)

In addition on the extreme end, should Tinubu and APC zone the presidency to south west, I see PDP zoning its presidency to the North. This is because south east will rather chose to be Vice president than allow South west to get presidency for a second time when South east have not experienced it. South South is likely to support the PDP Northern candidate as a revenge for Jonathan loss. With the Northern PDP candidate getting massive votes from South South, South east and North, south west will return to its opposition state of 1979 to 1983 during Shagari Era. It may not be a bad idea since South West were considered effective as an opposition.

South west must understand that Buhari only care about his integrity image when he is not the direct beneficiary of an action. There will be no federal might in 2023 election if Buhari remain president till 2023. 2023 election will be very free and fair. Should South west contest under APC and North contest under PDP, APC may lose if Buhari is the president. Even though Buhari will publicly endorse the South West APC candidate, Buhari will deliberately make the election the most credible election since 1999 to boost his ego and "integrity image" which may favour the PDP northern candidate. And also, 2019 Governorship election in the North have shown that Buhari endorsement of a candidate doesn't necessarily lead to a win. Which means Buhari influence in the North is extremely strong when he is the candidate and very weak when he is not the candidate.

Looking at the voting population of all the regions, if people votes along regional lines, under a free and fair condition, North will continue to rule Nigeria forever because North continue to grow in population faster than south due to early marriage, polygamy and poor acceptance of birth control.

I think it is time south wake up from their delusion of anybody that is competent can contest. Without zoning it will be difficult for a southerner to rule Nigeria because of Northern advantage in population. As southerners, we should clamour for zoning to be included in the constitution. I think it is also delusion for a southerner to believe North population advantage over south is fake just because southerners see large area of land unoccupied by people when they travel to North. North is much bigger than South in land Area. Thus their population density is lower than that of south. The whole five south east states land area summed together is only about 40% of Niger State. That will give some perspective why Northern population density is low despite higher population. Due to the relative higher land availability, North don't need to cluster in small land area like the south.

Northern population advantage is not fake today. It is real. North are more in numbers. There is no way we can catch them when we promote monogamy, girl child education and "I must hammer before I marry mentality" in the south. And we must not return to polygamy or early marriage just because of election. The only way for us to avoid voting disadvantage, is to make zoning constitutional and mandatory.

Democracy is a government of the majority. Democracy is not a government of turn by turn by region,tribe or religion. Neither is democracy the government of the best person. So constitutionally, it is very fair and right if the North continue to rule Nigeria forever as long as they win the election on a free and fair basis. In a democracy the vote of a professor and a vote of an illiterate beggar have the same value. If we truly want regional rotation of power, we must insert it in the constitution. Without Constitutional amendment to include zoning in the constitution, all the talk of it is time for southern presidency and the argument of south east presidency base on fairness and equity is legally baseless.

In a hypothetical Scenario health fail Buhari and Osibanjo become president before the 2023 election, the south may come together in unity and support him if he plays the right politics of humility, inclusion and diplomacy. Under this scenario he will win a Northerner even if PDP chose a Northern candidate. He will get a reasonable support from some core northerners, he will get similar general national support Jonathan got in 2011, and also have the federal might to his advantage. Don't tell me he is a pastor and as such won't use federal might - the lord work in mysterious ways.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Toosure70: 9:27am On Mar 23, 2019
OSINBAJO will be president by next year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 23, 2019
If Presidency comes to the South, it must be to the south east. It is not up for debate and no concession will be made. The sensible south south understands this and would never oppose the south east, who have never had the presidency in the south. I agree with the op, that without zoning, the south will not stand a chance against the North, especially with a divided house. The north introduced quota system to stand a chance in education and employment. I don't see why the south wont employ similar strategy in politics. Just that we have a bad egg in the south, who would not allow the south to stand united in an agreement, and even when an agreement is reached, they are ever willing to betray such. So sad for the south, so sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 23, 2019
Shayetet13:
If Presidency comes to the South, it must be to the south east. It is not up for debate and no concession will be made. The sensible south south understands this and would never oppose the south east, who have never had the presidency in the south. I agree with the op, that without zoning, the south will not stand a chance against the North, especially with a divided house. The north introduced quota system to stand a chance in education and employment. I don't see why the south wont employ similar strategy in politics. Just that we have a bad egg in the south, who would not allow the south to stand united in an agreement, and even when an agreement is reached, they are ever willing to betray such. So sad for the south, so sad

U have a point. But also know that South East will not dare oppose South South candidate as long as the south south candidate is not from Edo State

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by OmoManU: 10:18am On Mar 23, 2019
life2017:

U have a point. But also know that South East will not dare oppose South South candidate either as long as the south south candidate is not from Edo State
What we need right now in the country is competence, and I think Osinbajo is very competent but I won't mind an Amaechi Presidency or an Oshiomole Presidency if that is necessary.

Amaechi too is competent to become the President and will be a good modern day President, if they say a South southerner is what they want but nothing for the south Easterners. They should forget it

3 Likes

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by deboysben(m): 10:21am On Mar 23, 2019
Excellent analysis

One of it kind

1 Like

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 23, 2019
life2017:

U have a point. But also know that South East will not dare oppose South South candidate either as long as the south south candidate is not from Edo State

Its about fairness and equity. The South south should not go for it. It is not just about 4 or 8 years, its about a mutual trust and alliance that can span for centuries. South south will think posterity. South east stood firmly behind Jonathan, in thick and thin, even against the risk of being called political neophytes(which they are not... Check history). The south east have also stood for south south interest , in the militancy issue, the CJN issue and other issues. The south should not go for it! It is not about dare, the south east can dare the south south, but have stood by them. The south south should do same or it will no longer be a good friendship

1 Like

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shayetet13:

Its about fairness and equity. The South south should not go for it. It is not just about 4 or 8 years, its about a mutual trust and alliance that can span for centuries. South south will think posterity. South east stood firmly behind Jonathan, in thick and thin, even against the risk of being called political neophytes(which they are not... Check history). The south east have also stood for south south interest , in the militancy issue, the CJN issue and other issues. The south should not go for it! It is not about dare, the south east can dare the south south, but have stood by them. The south south should do same or it will no longer be a good friendship

It is not unfair for South South to be president in 2023 to complete 8 years. South East or South South 2023 presidency is fair. The fairness cannot be restricted to South East.

South East is argument of zero tenure while South South is an argument of truncated tenure. They are both equally valid.
Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by rummmy: 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
life2017:

It is not unfair for South South to be president in 2023 to complete 8 years. South East or South South 2023 presidency is fair. The fairness cannot be restricted to South East.

South East is argument of zero tenure while South South is an argument of truncated tenure. They are both equally valid.
your division tactics will never work again....... We can sort ourselves out thanks

1 Like

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Foolishbuhari: 2:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
Very nice analysis op you try. Because going by the status quo ante, with the hate built up in the average S southerner and S easterner against tifnubu and the SW over their ignoble roles in foistering buhari upon us even when it's glaring to all he's the least qualified for the job just to be able to clinche the plum job in 2023, we would make sure that plan never comes to fruition.

This would be to the advantage of the north against the south and believe me from where I stand, the SW would be at the loosing end for a very long time because they would need a united south to be able to clinch the presidency if they ever want to go head on with a northernern for the position
Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shayetet13:
Can I engage you in a logical argument. Just like a friend. Tell me why you think Southwest betrayed the south. What do you guys even meant by SW’ners are betrayers?

1 Like

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Bearshare(m): 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2019
We always make wrong analysis. If we are going by geopolitical zoning arrangement then here are possible scenarios that would play out in 2023.

Geopolitical zoning does not see NORTH vs SE, SW, SS. Rather it sees NC, NW, NE, SS, SW, SE

1. South West has had 8years (obasanjo from 1999 - 2007)
2. South south has had 6years (Jonathan from 2009 - 2015)
3. North West would have 10years (late yar'adua 2years + Buhari 8years)
4. North Central has had none
5. North East has had none
6. South East has had none

I don't see South East taking it in 2023 because they've continuously had wrong permutations

I don't see North Central taking it either in 2023 because they are currently misaligning with the centre. No thanks to Ortom and his wrong moves

There seem to be a North East possibility on 2023 for many reasons. They've had there permutations right since 1999 till date. Nuhu ribadu and Atiku may likely slug it out again. Bookmark this page

4 Likes

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2019
I disagree on the population thing. The north has the highest mortality rate as well as illiteracy the land. A good number of northerners don't have PVCs cause they live in remote areas and are too poor to transport themselves to inec offices nearest to them. What usually occurs during elections in these areas is mass thumbprint of ballot papers or in some cases, the people simply vote without PVCs. This incidences are widespread in the north but minimized in the south. OP should realise that if a truly free and credible election were to hold in Nigeria, those massive figures you see yobe, borno, Bauchi, Katsina to mention a few would drop drastically. Over the past few weeks, I've seen massive movement of people in dangote trucks to the south. I can assure you that most of them don't have PVCs but were sponsored to the north to vote anyways. The question is why didn't they register and vote where they reside
Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by SamNaijaboy: 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2019
What is truncated tenure, might I ask?
Jonathan did 6 years. 2 yrs of Y'ardua and 4 years from 2011 to 2015.
The entire South voted for him in 2011. The North was shut out of power when it should have been in power from 2007 to 2015.
It was time to give it back to the North, and only Jonathan did not see that.
SS should contest for the APC ticket and so should the SW.
SS and SE should contest for the PDP ticket.
The winners should face off in the general election.
Kwankwaso can try PRP and see if he gets the required spread (25% in 2/3 of the 36 states) to be president in the South if he does.
Without the structures of the PDP and the APC, no one can be president. As long as the PDP gives their ticket to a Southerner (And prevent the SE which is trying to play spoiler by giving ticket to the North instead of competing), all is well

rummmy:
your division tactics will never work again....... We can sort ourselves out thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by kayfra: 3:10pm On Mar 23, 2019
life2017:
In an interview granted by the president of Arewa Youth Consultative Forum (AYCF), Yerima Shettima published by the Sun Newspaper on the 22nd March, 2019, he said North will field a better candidate in 2023. Some may argue he doesn't speak for the North. Even though that is true, his statement still need to be considered in making political calculations for 2023 presidency.

The best way for South West and Tinubu to prevent Northern presidency in 2023, is for Tinubu to sell an intelligent, smart, detribalised, Lagos bred technocrat from South South(1st choice) or South East(2nd Choice) to Buhari to be nominated as APC presidential candidate. I made South South first choice because the North and south west will be more comfortable with a south South candidate than a south east candidate. And also, it gives opportunity for south south to complete 8 years tenure as Jonathan did only 5.3 years. Once that is done, PDP will also zone their presidency to South South or South East. That will increase the chance of southern presidency tremendously.

We know for sure even if APC and PDP give their presidential ticket to a southerner, a popular Northerner like Kwankwanso may still chose to contest under third party like CPC, SDP,LP etc. But under this condition, it will be difficult for the northerner to win if and only if APC candidate is from South South or South East. The whole south will vote APC for president if APC candidate is from SS/SE even if PDP present SS/SE candidate. Should APC chose South West candidate and PDP chose South South or South East Candidate, southern votes will be divided. A candidate like Kwankwanso using any party like CPC, AA, ZZZ etc will have unified core northern(NW/NE) votes and may win.

In addition on the extreme end, should Tinubu and APC zone the presidency to south west, I see PDP zoning its presidency to the North. This is because south east will rather chose to be Vice president than allow South west to get presidency for a second time when South east have not experienced it. South South is likely to support the PDP Northern candidate as a revenge for Jonathan loss. With the Northern PDP candidate getting massive votes from South South, South east and North, south west will return to its opposition state of 1979 to 1983 during Shagari Era. It may not be a bad idea since South West were considered effective as an opposition.

South west must understand that Buhari only care about himself. There will be no federal might in 2023 election if Buhari remain president till 2023. 2023 election will be very free and fair. Should South west contest under APC and North contest under PDP, APC will definitely lose if Buhari is the president. Even though Buhari will publicly endorse the South West APC candidate, Buhari will deliberately make the election the most credible election since 1999 to boost his ego and "integrity image" which will favour the PDP northern candidate.

Looking at the voting population of all the regions, if people votes along regional lines, under a free and fair condition, North will continue to rule Nigeria forever because North continue to grow in population faster than south due to child/early marriage, polygamy and poor acceptance of birth control.

I think it is time south wake up from their delusion of anybody that is competent can contest. Without zoning it will be difficult for a southerner to rule Nigeria because of Northern advantage in population. As southerners, we should clamour for zoning to be included in the constitution. I think it is also delusion for a southerner to believe North population advantage over south is fake just because we see large area of land unoccupied when we travel to North. North is much bigger than South in land Area. Thus their population density is lower than that of south. The whole Five south east states land area summed together is only about 40% of Niger State. That will give some perspective while Northern population density is low despite higher population.

Northern population advantage is not fake today. It is real. North are more in numbers. There is no way we can catch them when we promote Monogamy and girl child education in the south. And we must not return to polygamy or early marriage just because of election. The only way for us to avoid voting disadvantage, is to make zoning constitutional and mandatory.

In a hypothetical Scenario health fail Buhari either by death or complete incapacitation and Osibanjo become president before the 2023 election, the south may come together in unity and support him if he plays the right politics of humility, inclusion and diplomacy. Under this scenario he will win a Northerner even if PDP chose a Northern candidate. He will get a reasonable support from some core northerners, he will get similar general national support Jonathan got in 2011, and also have the federal might to his advantage. Don't tell me he is a pastor and as such won't use federal might - the lord work in mysterious ways.

1. Osinbajo is going to be the next president
2. PDP zoning president to the north doesn't mean they'll zone VP to the SE. That combo already failed, so why do it again?
3. Saraki may as well become the PDP candidate for president. 4 years is a long way to redemption. That's essentially a Yoruba candidate
4. SW has beaten Northern candidates in the past
5. SE and SS PDP power brokers also have presidential ambitions and will outspend Kwankwaso in a primary. Remember that Tambuwal was the annointed candidate before Atiku bought out everyone
6. Osinbajo is going to be the next president
7. Both parties may as well implode before 2023
8. Osinbajo is going to be the next president
9. Let's see how Rivers and Kano elections go
10. Osinbajo is going to be the next president

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by IkpuMmadu: 4:13pm On Mar 23, 2019
OmoManU:

What we need right now in the country is competence, and I think Osinbajo is very competent but I won't mind an Amaechi Presidency or an Oshiomole Presidency if that is necessary.

Amaechi too is competent to become the President and will be a good modern day President, if they say a South southerner is what they want but nothing for the south Easterners. They should forget it

Osibanjo is the most incompetent person let's have another story

1 Like

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Preshy561(f): 4:17pm On Mar 23, 2019
[s]
life2017:

[/s]
Dem dem, always want to divide SS $SE.

Go and finish up your romance with cow herders in north.

1 Like

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2019
life2017:

You know the south east wanted Jonathan to complete 8 years. It did not work out. But he did 5 years plus additional 3 years as a vice. The south east was a bulwark allows in the journey. Now, you will allow the south east to get 4 years first. It is not an argument thing, it is sensible
Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shayetet13:

You know the south east wanted Jonathan to complete 8 years. It did not work out. But he did 5 years plus additional 3 years as a vice. The south east was a bulwark allows in the journey. Now, you will allow the south east to get 4 years first. It is not an argument thing, it is sensible

I am not against South East presidency. I am only saying if APC field any of South East or South South there will be southern unity for APC compared to fielding South West. I am only saying they can chose from any of them(SS or SE) they are more comfortable with.
Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by RTSC: 5:05pm On Mar 23, 2019
Any southern presicdncy must come to the east.

If not, then the North should have it
Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2019
Iblad0994:

Can I engage you in a logical argument. Just like a friend. Tell me why you think Southwest betrayed the south. What do you guys even meant by SW’ners are betrayers?

Though, i did not deliberately mention any zone. I will still go ahead to answer your question very straight forwardly, without mentioning any zone too and leave you to adduce. Betrayal is an act of not showing loyalty, double dealing and deception. In 2015, the south agreed to let the presidency remain in the south through GEJ, before moving it up North, but a component in the south did not show loyalty to a southern cause. They know they belong to the south and they would be the first to shout "greater south" when being oppressed by the North as a show of strength that they are not alone. Shortly ago, the south through their various geopeolitical groups agreed on restructuring, which should benefit the south, but when the time mattered, a component of the south led opposition against restructuring that is widely accepted in the South. A gentleman's agreement that power will be rotational in the south, having had Obasanjo for 8 years. The whole south supported Obasanjo thru thick and thin. GEJ came, and at first the whole south supported him(i have talked about this earlier), Now, the north should be done with presidency in 2023, and should return to the south. The South east were widely expected even by the north to provide the Leadership in 2023, but from no where, a component of the south are laying a claim to it. Just from no where, even to the surprise of the north. It is threatening the presidency coming to the south and the North emboldened by the lack of unity are contemplating going for it after initially ceding it back to the South
Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Firefox01: 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shayetet13:

Though, i did not deliberately mention any zone. I will still go ahead to answer your question very straight forwardly, without mentioning any zone too and leave you to adduce. Betrayal is an act of not showing loyalty, double dealing and deception. In 2015, the south agreed to let the presidency remain in the south through GEJ, before moving it up North, but a component in the south did not show loyalty to a southern cause. They know they belong to the south and they would be the first to shout "greater south" when being oppressed by the North as a show of strength that they are not alone. Shortly ago, the south through their various geopeolitical groups agreed on restructuring, which should benefit the south, but when the time mattered, a component of the south led opposition against restructuring that is widely accepted in the South. A gentleman's agreement that power will be rotational in the south, having had Obasanjo for 8 years. The whole south supported Obasanjo thru thick and thin. GEJ came, and at first the whole south supported him(i have talked about this earlier), Now, the north should be done with presidency in 2023, and should return to the south. The South east were widely expected even by the north to provide the Leadership in 2023, but from no where, a component of the south are laying a claim to it. Just from no where, even to the surprise of the north. It is threatening the presidency coming to the south and the North emboldened by the lack of unity are contemplating going for it after initially ceding it back to the South
But the fair to yourself and the West, was Jonathan as president fair to the west? Even laughing with an easterner that called them Amala and Ewedu people. Blatantly marginalizing them taking them for fools? Be honest with yourself, if the West supported Jonathan again, even after all these insults, won't you see them as fools?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
Firefox01:
But the fair to yourself and the West, was Jonathan as president fair to the west? Even laughing with an easterner that called them Amala and Ewedu people. Blatantly marginalizing them taking them for fools? Be honest with yourself, if the West supported Jonathan again, even after all these insults, won't you see them as fools?

It is on record that all the project being done in the West now, was started by Jonathan. Even Buhari admitted to that. If he had an ill intention, why did he start it? He Jonathan did not do nothing in the east or the SS. Jonathan wanted the west to produce a Speaker, but AGAIN, the west were the ones that resisted it. They voted against their own sister. So sad
Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Firefox01: 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shayetet13:

It is on record that all the project being done in the West now, was started by Jonathan. Even Buhari admitted to that. If he had an ill intention, why did he start it? He Jonathan did not do nothing in the east or the SS. Jonathan wanted the west to produce a Speaker, but AGAIN, the west were the ones that resisted it. They voted against their own sister. So sad
So that is enough to just overlook the insults Jonathan's administration brought upon the West? Look, take Oyo state as an example. Ajimobi of APC is by far the most performing governor so far but his insults and his arrogance led to the downfall of APC. Look, no matter how you perform or how good your intentions are, once you ridicule a man, your efforts count for nothing. The west was also marginalizes under Jonathan an its so obvious. In fact there's a particular thread on nairaland where the Easterners had the Westerners for breakfast, lunch and dinner when someone pointed this out.

2 Likes

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by SamNaijaboy: 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
LOL...
Na so.
When Obasanjo won the PDP primaries, didn't Ekwueme compete then?
As long as it's a Southern person, we are fine. SS, SW, SE. May the best man win

RTSC:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by SamNaijaboy: 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2019
GEJ served for 6 yrs. When was this southern pact to give him 10 years?
The North was meant to be back in power in 2007. Their son died. Equity then should have made Jonathan hand it over in 2015 (after begging for one extra term in 2011) but he got greedy.
What is good is good. We should allow the North for equity and that's why Tinubu is seen as very influential now. The North saw him as helping their son to power which was rightfully their turn.
The entire North was always going to vote out Jonathan after reneging on his promise to leave in 2015 when OBJ was begging on his behalf in 2010.

Shayetet13:

1 Like

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by ticon4life(m): 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2019
Kk
Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Jaideyone(m): 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2019
you can wrap your "advice" with your "southern unity" and shove it up your as$
Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Jaideyone(m): 7:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shayetet13:

you see how foolish some of you are? who betrayed who? the southwest voted Jonathan in 2011 but the highest ranking yoruba man in GEJ's Government was a minister of Agriculture. the same yorubas that protested to make him President when he had his head stuck in between turaya's legs.

how did the southwest betray the south in 2015? how did the south agreed to vote Jonathan? who represented yorubas at the meeting? you are inherently ignorant

2 Likes

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shayetet13:

Thank you for your reply. First we practice democracy in Nigeria where different group have different interest. Right from the inception of the First republic, it was in the record that the other south (I won’t mention name also) aligned with the North and the other south (termed betrayal) has always been the opposition prior to 1999 when they had a chance back at the presidency.

Like you said, it wasn’t a consensus for Jonathan to be the president, because the North hasn’t spent their own 8years yet, but due to the death of Yar’adua, Jonathan was given the mantle on a platter of gold.

The southerners you termed betrayals were the ones who fought hardly for that same Jonathan through the press and other interest groups before he assumed the President mantle after Umaru death.

The same south you termed betrayals voted en mass for the same Jonathan in 2011, If I wasn’t wrong Jonathan won all the Southwest states except Osun, even with the fact that the southwesterners are in a different party from the center.

Between 2011-2015, the southwesterners complained of marginalization even to the fact that there is a point where no Yoruba is Top 4 of the Nigerian political system. I can remember a thread on Nairaland in 2014 or so where the southwesterners went to Aso rock to complain that they are being marginalized, the other southerners called them names and even went ahead to tell Jonathan to ignore them which he did.

Politics is a game of interest, and they aligned with the one that will pave way for them to enjoy the center, how is that a betrayal. Even at that, Jonathan had a great showing in 2015 election result in the Southwest and it is not a case of block vote for APC even when our son is on the ballot.

Yorubas play a very sophisticated and unpredictable type of politics, look at 2019 election, even with our son on the ballot as VP, Atiku won Oyo and Ondo and had a great showing in the rest of the remaining states.

Southwest will never give a block vote to anyone, so because they voted for Buhari in 2015 which to me is the best thing due to the way Jonathan treated them, does that make them betrayals?

Beside the civil war, what other notorious and successful course have the other south fought and succeed??

Isn’t it on record that the other south have always aligned with the north to the detriment of the south west?

2023 will come upon us, I know some of the southerners have started drumming support for the northerners which they termed Fulani before and suddenly they want a Fulani President again to spite the Southwest. I don’t care who governs Nigeria, whether south or North , but it just dosen’t make sense terming the south westerners betrayals when it’s just an act of democratic calculation.

1 Like

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by Jaideyone(m): 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shayetet13:

you are ignorant. the only project Jonathan started in the west is Lagos ibadan express way and he left it at 5% completion

1 Like

Re: My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency by wingmanII: 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2019
RTSC:

Gbam!
It is better for Nigeria to disintegrate than deny SE the presidency slot. PDP and APC should field SE candidates.
That is if we are serious with the Nigeria project.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Timi Frank Enjoying Luxurious Lifestyle In Dubai / Fulani Herdsmen Rescue Captives From Kidnappers In Ondo State. / IPOB Names Two Nigerian Governors, Minister Who Funded Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.