Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra (71535 Views)

I Sighted A Strange Object At Night: Could It Be A Falling Star?? / Astronomers Have Found A Previously Unseen Type Of Object Circling A Distant Sta / Mysterious Object My Son Saw In The Sky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by TruthTella(m): 5:53am On Mar 24, 2019
igbobabe02:
This thread highlights the problems with Africans. Instead of building a museum with our ancient, precious artifacts to attract revenue for tourists, we sell them for peanuts. Think long term for a second. Your children and great grand children will have to travel to foreign countries to look at art their ancestors made because their family before them sold them off. We don’t value anything. Sad!

Is like you don't know the country you are living in.
Which museum in Nigeria will leave precious Artefacts on display for tourists when they can likely sell them for millions and replace them with fake ones instead? The museum owners will end up being the profiteers of Op discovery.

Many people don't understand how corrupt this country is yet.

4 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by usoroakpan(m): 7:04am On Mar 24, 2019
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by franklingud(m): 8:18am On Mar 24, 2019
sparkle6:

Bro thats worth milas o.
Make a video of it and send to BBC AND CNN, upload to youtube also. They would come for it. Na money be that o. Use your head bro. Make sure na u own that land.
Igbo ukwu artifact remenants. Big cash bro.
Lalasticlala show na. Lalasticlala this is something better than snake o.
I agree with you.

This is worth millions.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by RedboneSmith(m): 8:43am On Mar 24, 2019
Everyone here talking about money. Very few people talking about archaeological investigations in and around the area of the finds. Few people talking about dating the finds, establishing connections (or lack thereof) between these finds and the finds at Igbo-Ukwu and Ezira. Few people talking about how this could help fill one of the many gaps in our knowledge of early Igbo history.

SMH. sad

3 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by APCsupporter: 9:02am On Mar 24, 2019
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
real warrior that sold his ppl and kwara state to fulani making them enternal slaves Lol you afonjas mke me laff....if you are an aboki then ur case is worse a rag tag underfed and drug infested boko haram has hold you hostage for 10 years now taking ur sisters as sex slaves to satisfy shekau groins yearly ...yet you brave warriors are waiting for southerners to come fight for u

Lol. You mean like the way herdsmen have done to you or like what em Obj and Gowon did your people? dont even go there. The world is aware of their cowardoce of both Igbp's greatest warriors. Beat their chests, then flee and let their senseless followers to die in mass

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by OpenYourEyes1: 10:09am On Mar 24, 2019
igbobabe02:
This thread highlights the problems with Africans. Instead of building a museum with our ancient, precious artifacts to attract revenue for tourists, we sell them for peanuts. Think long term for a second. Your children and great grand children will have to travel to foreign countries to look at art their ancestors made because their family before them sold them off. We don’t value anything. Sad!

You guys are all the same: both the one preferring foreign buyers and the ones blaming/de-markering Africa.
Your kinds are currently destroying the continent

The root cause is Inferiority Complex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Originalsly: 11:58am On Mar 24, 2019
1stbest:

How can i contact the Sotheby's auction house

Check your mail/contact me via NL. Don't be rushing to sell anything...you may regret it for the rest of your life. The one that looks like a bell...keep that...don't try to clean it. Will go a museum here today/tomorrow that have African artifacts and give you a feedback on what to do next. Again....do not disclose the site...or your findings.

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by chuka5000(m): 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2019
1stbest:
Who have an idea what it is, we ask some elders at my side they said they don't know. we dig it out when digging a pit. Any idea?
what material is it pls
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by mcbillion: 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2019
1stbest:
How can i contact the Sotheby's auction house

Their phone number is the +44 (0) 20 7293 5000 and email address is enquiries@sothebys.com. Reach out to them with the photos.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2019
1stbest:
i

Reach out to the guys at

http://ukpuru..com/

They may have answers.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by AjaanaOka(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2019
1stbest:
Who have an idea what it is, we ask some elders at my side they said they don't know. we dig it out when digging a pit. Any idea?

Hi 1stbest,

I am in contact with the Director of the Institute of African Studies of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I shared these pictures and the Institute is interested in coming down to the location.

Can you please send me a mail here: uchennajide@gmail.com

or drop your mail or phone number so I can reach you and discuss things like the exact location of these finds and how one might get there, etc.

Thank you.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by FrameAfric: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2019
Hi,

Can you reach out to chiemelamgbeahuru@bbc.co.uk, he’s a journalist from the BBC and his interested in verifying your story about the items.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2019
SilasNwude:
gbam

Is this babalawo?
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by chosenwan1(m): 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2019
Let see how we can carbon date it . Holla...
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by TEYA: 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2019
RedboneSmith:
Everyone here talking about money. Very few people talking about archaeological investigations in and around the area of the finds. Few people talking about dating the finds, establishing connections (or lack thereof) between these finds and the finds at Igbo-Ukwu and Ezira. Few people talking about how this could help fill one of the many gaps in our knowledge of early Igbo history.

SMH. sad
Do you still wonder why we are where we are as a country? If you ask they will say "we have bad leaders".
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by cjeriia: 9:52pm On Mar 24, 2019
pelicanbeau:
Call on a museum to come and buy them only that they are cut and damaged. The spirits in them may not be potent again
Nice moniker, nicer face and figure
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by TEYA: 11:24pm On Mar 24, 2019
1stbest:
Is it bronze or terracotta?
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by ewa26: 1:00am On Mar 25, 2019
RedboneSmith:

SMH. sad

answer me the question on igbo and Yoruba jollof rice pls dude and then i go leave you alone ok, pls just answer!
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by ewa26: 1:01am On Mar 25, 2019
OMANBALA1:

For once , I can say Jollof is probably the only food a Yoruba woman can cook better than Igbo. Take this from a pro Igbo. Yoruba learned it from the Hausa

tell me the difference between igbo yoruba and hausa jollof pls, answer me that and I go leave you alone ok
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by 1stbest(m): 2:22am On Mar 25, 2019
TEYA:
Is it bronze or terracotta?
i think is bronze
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by RedboneSmith(m): 11:13am On Mar 25, 2019
The picture below is an Igbo artifact in the British Museum. It is thought to be some kind of bronze bell. No one knows how old it is , but it is thought to be very old.

The objects you have discovered bear a very close resemblance to the artifact in this picture. And it will be nice if we can determine how old they are. We won't know that if you sell on ebay or if it disappears in a private collection. I hope you do the right thing sha.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Oluwaseydex(m): 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
The picture above is true oooo it bears a striking resemblance to that
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by igbobabe02: 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
You’re the only person in here with sense. These other fools are talking about selling it on eBay while the British get revenue by showcasing our artifacts in their museum. SMH

RedboneSmith:
The picture below is an Igbo artifact in the British Museum. It is thought to be some kind of bronze bell. No one knows how old it is , but it is thought to be very old.

The objects you have discovered bear a very close resemblance to the artifact in this picture. And it will be nice if we can determine how old they are. We won't know that if you sell on ebay or if it disappears in a private collection. I hope you do the right thing sha.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
[s]
SilasNwude:
chaii i wish i was the one that dug it up

see money shocked
[/s]

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by ugnoble: 4:41pm On Mar 25, 2019
My advice to the op is that he should never disclose his real identity and location for now and that its of best interest if an archeologist or group of archeologists comes to the site for proper excavations preferable the foreign archeologist due to processes involved in testing the artifacts. I pray you take the right decision Sha in which selling on ebay as some suggested isn't one. If you have access to the said area of the finding, ensure you protect it by visually making sure all documents are intact.

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by 1stbest(m): 4:06pm On Mar 26, 2019
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by manitoba(m): 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2019
For those who have a genuine proposal for the OP which is not stemmed out of greed , you can send a mail to me from NL and we will pick it up from there.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Oluwaseydex(m): 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2019
Was the updates about this discovery

2 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by 1stbest(m): 4:33am On May 02, 2019
Oluwaseydex:
Was the updates about this discovery
We are waiting for a group of archeologist to come and and do their vilification ,after I will update everything

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by 98salan(m): 3:10pm On May 04, 2019
1stbest:
We are waiting for a group of archeologist to come and and do their vilification ,after I will update everything

Play safe!

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by mcbillion: 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
1stbest:

What is the latest. Have the archaeologists started the verification process?

2 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by 1stbest(m): 2:06am On Jun 25, 2019
mcbillion:

What is the latest. Have the archaeologists started the verification process?
No, they gave us date ( which is month of July. ) if month of July run's � out i will update if they comes or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mysterious Mammoth Bone Circles Could Explain How Man Survived The Last Ice Age / Why Do Caribbean Lizards Look Better Looking Than African Lizards / Boy From 16th Century Found Buried With Pot On His Head In Siberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.