Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:34 PM

Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People (21702 Views)

Sokoto People Join Queue With The Aim Of Voting Atiku Tomorrow (Pictures) / SA To Tambuwal, Abubakar Kwaire Resigns, Decamps To APC / Rerun Election: Saraki Reacts To Tambuwal, Ortom’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by chidima2019: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2019
Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has warned Aminu Tambuwal, Governor of Sokoto State, seeking reelection on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), against using his name to "defraud" the people of Sokoto State.

He stated this in response to an advertorial accusing him of manipulating elections in Sokoto.

He made his position known in a statement issued on Friday in Lagos, while responding to an advertorial alleging that he met with the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to influence the Sokoto State governorship rerun election in favour of APC.

Referring to Tambuwal as a "drowning man", he berated the Governor for using desperate means to win the election, NAN reported.

Noting that Tambuwal was acting out of "sheer desperation", he said the Governor "fears that his political career is crumbling", adding that "if he loses this election, he has lost everything."
Read Tinubu’s full statement:

Our attention has been drawn to a partisan advertorial in the 21st March edition of Daily Trust. This advertorial, placed by a shadowy organization calling itself the Sokoto State Coalition of PDP Supporters, bears the logo of PDP National Youth League and is signed by one Engr. Haruna Usman Shagari. Titled “Inconclusive Gubernatorial Election: Sokoto People Warn Tinubu, Oshiomole, Yari, Bagudu and others”, the advert makes baseless allegations against Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the National Leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomole, Chairman of APC, Senator Adamu Aliero and Zamfara Governor Abdul’Aziz Yari.

It falsely alleges that Asiwaju along with the others met the INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, in order to influence the Sokoto State gubernatorial rerun election in favour of APC.

These allegations by a contrived PDP organ are desperate untruths without a basis in fact. But they are entirely in line with the delusional reactions of PDP to their devastating loss in the presidential elections.

The entire PDP hierarchy have been scared and jumping at their own shadows since the election. They have been seeing phantom conspiracies and imaginary gatherings that make us wonder whether they remain connected to reality. Most recently, they alleged that Asiwaju was physically in Kano to manipulate elections there. They backed up this fraudulent allegation with photographs of Asiwaju and the Kano Governor taken last year in Lagos. For so long and so often they cannot even get right the whereabouts of one man. That they can’t even tell the truth about the location of a single person shows that they are incompetent to manage the complex affairs of an entire state.

It is a matter of public record that Asiwaju has always been at the forefront of the struggle for electoral reform, a struggle that culminated in the establishment of the Uwais Commission by late President Umaru Yar’adua. A prominent member of that panel, Prof. Attahiru Jega, later became the INEC Chairman and was able to implement the far-reaching reforms that have enabled us to have the free and fair elections that we witnessed in 2015 and now in 2019. If Asiwaju was such a prominent supporter of electoral reforms, why would he now be among those trying to subvert democracy? Asiwaju’s only tools for influencing elections are his moral authority, his skills as a veteran politician, and his dedication to campaigning and mobilising his own party members.

With respect to Sokoto, former Governor Wamakko is a popular figure and leader who has the respect of the people if the state. It is also clear that the APC candidate is more qualified and more committed to the welfare of the people than his PDP opponent.

By his panicked responses, Governor Tambuwal has shown his sheer desperation. He is a drowning man clinging to the limp of a tree. Having been tricked into joining the PDP only to be outsmarted by Atiku for the PDP presidential nomination, Tambuwal fears that his political career is crumbling. If he loses this election, he has lost everything. Thus there is no untruth he will not tell and no tactics too extreme in order to hold on to his seat. However, he should not use Asiwaju’s name to defraud the people or as a way to gain sympathy.

Instead, Tambuwal should face the consequences of his own actions. It is Tambuwal, not Asiwaju, who has caused his own predicament. Try how he may to blame Asiwaju, the people know that Tambuwal has sacrificed their interests to advance his own. He can try whatever propaganda and untruths he wants, but in the end, the people will render the verdict that his selfish and unproductive record deserves.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/tinubu-to-tambuwal-dont-use-my-name-to.html

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Realtord43: 11:23am On Mar 23, 2019
This man is a clown. who know tinubu in the north? it like tinubu dont know his boundary angry

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by MetaPhysical: 11:25am On Mar 23, 2019
Even sitting Governors are scared of Tinubu. grin

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by RichBoy247: 11:33am On Mar 23, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Even sitting Governors are scared of Tinubu. grin

The Jagaban is respected by good people and feared by the bad people.

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by deboysben(m): 11:37am On Mar 23, 2019
Tinubu will soon meet his waterloo

Just a matter of time his case will be worst than saraki and akpabio

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 23, 2019
Tambuwal has to fire back at this ugly looking toad.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by MetaPhysical: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2019
highcollide:
Tambuwal has to fire back at this ugly looking toad.

He cant, afraid of him.
Can you imagine a governor telling his people that a private citizen thousands of kilometers away is coming to town to influence outcome of election. Absurd!
What is the job of the Chief Security Officer for the state if such an abominable thing is possible under his watch. Its an insult on the people for him to even announce it publicly.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by sammyj: 11:58am On Mar 23, 2019
PDP and Tambowa are evil corrupt warms that should rejected by the electorate for this country to move forward

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Wizygreat12: 11:59am On Mar 23, 2019
Tinubu You are BiG Fool to say that

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 23, 2019
First first Mr Tinubu explain the bullion van in your residence on Election Day before you start claiming righteous democrat.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by afroniger: 11:59am On Mar 23, 2019
Na wah o. This Tinubu juju really strong o, sotay some people have turned him into an ebora that is haunting them even in faraway Kano and Sokoto. Lol.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Bossontop(m): 11:59am On Mar 23, 2019
undecided
Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by gurnam: 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2019
deboysben:

Typical ipob vomit grin

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Pearlyakin(m): 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2019
We will capture the frog eye called Tinubu very soon, his end is near even in South West.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Pidginwhisper: 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2019
grin
Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Amuluonyenaego: 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2019
TINUBU IS NOW SCARED OF US(PDP) WE WILL TEACH YOU GUYS THE GAME grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by ajebuter(f): 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2019
This old Baba over-rates himself sha..

Such a megalomaniac!

You and your importance and influence in Southwest, yeah.

But in far away Northern state of Sokoto?

Come on! Don't stretch your importance fah!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Pearlyakin(m): 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2019
sammyj:
PDP and Tambowa are evil corrupt warms that should rejected by the electorate for this country to move forward
So anything APC is not corrupt ?
Go and sit down Mr Sam
Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by SilasNwude: 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2019
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond
Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by sulaimania2003(m): 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2019
Tinubu in the West, South, North and East. Definitely, This man must be so powerful.
Someone sleeping In Lagos and people are scared of his presence everyone.
Then truly there is gain in saying "The fear of Jagaban is the beginning of wisdom". The most powerful politician of this time

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Lovelife433(m): 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2019
tinubu is a thief. Who is with me?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Olugbayi: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2019
Well, over to you Tinubu haters !!!
The more you listen, the more you realise the real deal.
The fear of Tinubu is the beginning of the wisdom !
For those who thought Adeleke and Co. win an election
you'll soon meet your Waterloo .
This is a payback time for Tambuwal for all the atrocities in the National Assembly.
What goes round, comes around!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by MetaPhysical: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2019
sulaimania2003:
Tinubu in the West, South, North and East. Definitely, This man must be so powerful.
Then truly there is gain in saying "The fear of Jagaban is the beginning of wisdom". The most powerful politician of this time

I swear! grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by bluecircle470: 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
Pearlyakin:
We will capture the frog eye called Tinubu very soon, his end is near even in South West.

Jobless ipob

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2019
ajebuter:

Such a megalomaniac!

Most of you just comment without reading the content.
The old baba u think over-rates himself was on his own when your so-called strong men were calling his name due to fear.

Most of you should do well to reason before you comment most times.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by quickberry(m): 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2019
deboysben:

Dis one neva hug lagoon grin grin

I thought u said Agbaje would win Lagos gubernatorial election grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by ajebuter(f): 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2019
kingkakaone:

Most of you just comment without reading the content.
The old baba u think over-rates himself was on his own when your so-called strong men were calling his name due to fear.

Most of you should do well to reason before you comment most times.

Yeah, you've been noticed, Mr Kaka

You can move on now...
Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by Pearlyakin(m): 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2019
Jobless ipob [/quote]
I am Yoruba sir, omo oduduwa. grin
bluecircle470:

Jobless ipob
I am Yoruba sir, omo oduduwa.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by checkolatunji: 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2019
ajebuter:

Such a megalomaniac!

If he is overrated someone from far North won't be scared of his influence. No politician dead or alive can match his influence in Nigeria political arena. That's the simple truth

Have you ask why Tambuwa is afraid of him?

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by ajebuter(f): 12:18pm On Mar 23, 2019
checkolatunji:

If he is overrated someone from far North won't be scared of his influence. No politician dead or alive can match his influence in Nigeria political arena. That's the simple truth

Have you ask why Tambuwa is afraid of him?

Clap for yourself Tunji

Now you can meet Baba in Bordilllon for your share of the Bullion van content...
Re: Tinubu To Tambuwal: Don't Use My Name To Defraud Sokoto People by ikenna930(m): 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2019
sulaimania2003:
Tinubu for East kwa?

Odika Iberibe abiala gi

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Farooq Kperogi Shares Video Of Kastina Residents Burning Brooms / Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding / Osita Chidoka: There Was No Nollywood When PDP Took Over In 1999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.