Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

The Prons And Cons Surrounding Andela Programming Hub - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Prons And Cons Surrounding Andela Programming Hub (833 Views)

Google, Andela, And Pluralsight Just Launched The  2020 Google Africa Developer / Pros And Cons Of Installing A CCTV System In Your Homes Or Offices. / Andela Fellowship Cycle XXVII Interview.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Prons And Cons Surrounding Andela Programming Hub by ubsky(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2019
Andela Programming hub as we all know is one of the best programming establishment in the country,which is funded by foreign bodies,they work with the acronym EPIC. My experiences so far with lots of adverts always popping up whenever am browsing on the internet which are Andela related,so I applied for the program because am already a coder but more proficient in Php and little of JavaScript,which was the current cycle 43 that has gone through the interview stage and now preparing for boot camp,I went through the first step of it's application then to the saberr personality test,did the various studies in the home study section (they said with no prior knowledge of coding but to be frank if you don't have any idea on coding u can't make it pass the first test section),so the day for the test arrived it was a lab section test on building a currency converter called Gandollars,it was one hell of a project that contradict their statement with no prior knowledge of coding cos this test actually requires coding experience,I passed through this stage to the next one which comprised of lots of Objective and lab test, it's all to be done in JavaScript I was so amazed because the sets of questions that are being asked are meant for junior developers not even someone without any knowledge,I tried my best passed through this test and upon invitation for interview I was given another test online to do, which was Armstrong number related chai,I tried my best and made it to the interview but was sent a message that I passed but can't be picked at this moment,I didn't feel bad about it because I Know it's always a factor in Nigeria but what surprised me the most is the fact that some people that made it to the boot camp were still given questions online concerning a project with Node Js to solve when they are yet to resume Boot Camp, please I want the authorities to look into this Andela issue it's turning into something else......The new administration are making things worse for us to even enter, while others are even discouraged because of their new administration.....Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Prons And Cons Surrounding Andela Programming Hub by Narthkings: 11:46am On Mar 23, 2019
This is the truth I swear down,
Their rigorous test can make someone back out in programming if you are newbie... no prior knowledge of coding means u don’t know jack, talk more of telling a newbie to use Node Js, the newbie would be lost cos he doesn’t even know the basics completely... if they could work on their management, people would be willing to apply as newbies... instead of saying no prior knowledge why don’t they say entry level is for Javascript intermediate developers�‍♂️

3 Likes

Re: The Prons And Cons Surrounding Andela Programming Hub by gracebimbo: 7:59am On Mar 24, 2019
Wow, you mean someone will go through all that and will still not be given a chance in the boot camp?
That's certainly not good enough.
I only hope it's truly international and the Nigerian factor of mediocrity has not crept in.
One can only hope.
Give the young ones the opportunity to showcase what they can do.
For a forward looking Nation that's the standard.

1 Like

Re: The Prons And Cons Surrounding Andela Programming Hub by redbabosa1: 9:08am On Mar 24, 2019
Perhaps the self acclaimed programmers over there are afraid you will outshine them..your background alone as an intermediate or junior developer is a threat to them...you know how some nigerians who when kept in charge to anchor a certain firm or hub tend to feel ...like .."we better not allow this guy in,otherwise he would be far ahead of us"

1 Like

Re: The Prons And Cons Surrounding Andela Programming Hub by redbabosa1: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2019
No prior knowledge of any kind needed to apply to the Andela bootcamp..!!!bull crap indeed ..i think those fellas are just using their mouth to construct all that app they claim to be building..how can a non programmer build with node.js ..some one who is suppose to go to a bootcamp to learn and instead he's been giving an app to build using node.js...i think its madness,but i would have loved to help that guy build that stuff on node.js if there was time enough,and maybe put that andela dudes to shame.

1 Like

Re: The Prons And Cons Surrounding Andela Programming Hub by ubsky(m): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2019
redbabosa1:
No prior knowledge of any kind needed to apply to the Andela bootcamp..!!!bull crap indeed ..i think those fellas are just using their mouth to construct all that app they claim to be building..how can a non programmer build with node.js ..some one who is suppose to go to a bootcamp to learn and instead he's been giving an app to build using node.js...i think its madness,but i would have loved to help that guy build that stuff on node.js if there was time enough,and maybe put that andela dudes to shame.
Am telling you,I don't even understand the system again because they keep complicating things by the day,just take a look at the their phrase really contradicting all their lab test sections, how do you expect someone with no prior knowledge of coding to code with Node Js on a project which is strictly backend..... That's serious

1 Like

Re: The Prons And Cons Surrounding Andela Programming Hub by ubsky(m): 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2019
Narthkings:
This is the truth I swear down,
Their rigorous test can make someone back out in programming if you are newbie... no prior knowledge of coding means u don’t know jack, talk more of telling a newbie to use Node Js, the newbie would be lost cos he doesn’t even know the basics completely... if they could work on their management, people would be willing to apply as newbies... instead of saying no prior knowledge why don’t they say entry level is for Javascript intermediate developers�‍♂️
To be frank bro I don't even understand the management system again it's turning into something else

(1) (Reply)

Google Chrome Free Download For Windows 10 (latest Version 2020) / How I Make $100 Per Month Using Whatsapp Or Telegram / There Are Just 34 Lions Left In Nigeria!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.