Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects (18790 Views)

Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State / Edo APC Crisis: Obaseki Rejects Ganduje Committee, Backs Buhari's Reconciliation / Kennedy Ibeh Builds Betting Shop, Commissions It As Constituency Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by titiloyeblog: 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
news @ titiloyeblog.com

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said that Edo people would no longer accept boreholes and toilets as constituency projects from lawmakers elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress.

Governor Obaseki said he would be allowed duplication of projects as well as projects not worth N500m from National Assembly members.

Obaseki, who spoke at a reception for APC members and supporters to celebrate the success of the party at the general elections in the state.

He said he would hold interactive sessions with the lawmakers in the National Assembly on a monthly basis to review their projects.

Governor assured APC supporters that elected APC legislators would have no reasons not to deliver good governance to Edo people who gave them the mandate to serve.

According to “I will not accept boreholes and VIP toilets as constituency projects any more. Edo people have spoken that they want real change and we must deliver the change to them.

“For the elected members of the House of Assembly, every constituency you represent must have something meaningful in the budget on a yearly basis.

“I will not accept N40 million constituency projects, if you are not able to appropriate between N500 million to N1 billion, then you are not working for your constituency,” the governor said.

House of Representatives member-elect for Akoko Edo Federal Constituency, Hon. Peter Akpatason, thanked the governor for the massive support he gave all candidates of the APC during the elections

Akpatason promised to attract the support of the federal government to the state and said that a better synergy between the state house of assembly, national assembly, state and local governments on project execution will ensure the judicious use of the state’s resources.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/03/obaseki-rejects-borehole-toilets-as.html

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by LoveMachine(m): 5:14pm On Mar 23, 2019
Other governors see your mate! This is how it is done. Fire on good sir.

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Ahmed0336(m): 5:16pm On Mar 23, 2019
One of the best to do it.

BRAINS AND HANDSOMENESS grin grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Biggie225(m): 5:27pm On Mar 23, 2019
for two years you have nothing on ground to show for as a governor,,yet you are condemning others....obaseki deserves this

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2019
grin baba

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by OndoFirstBorn(m): 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2019
Nice. Other Governors should follow suit

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2019
Biggie225:
for two years you have nothing on ground to show for as a governor,,yet you are condemning others....obaseki deserves this
you're sick he's the best governor in Nigeria ever.

I'm PDP

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by crayon001(m): 5:37pm On Mar 23, 2019
The biggest development to come to Edo state should be in security of life and property. That state is a direct route to hell. If you know, you know.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Akonimohate12: 5:37pm On Mar 23, 2019
See him face like afonjasss yansh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Chimaokigwe: 5:38pm On Mar 23, 2019
Better than Okezie Ikpeazu PhD sharing kerosene to impoverished Igbos.

TA Orji didn't sink a single borehole in Abia. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong.

Those are the idiotic leaders we have in Igboland.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Num07033711115(m): 5:38pm On Mar 23, 2019
Not approved
Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Chimaokigwe: 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2019
Akonimohate12:

The afonja yansh your papa dey suck or the one your mama leave your papa follow?

18 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by sirdonbright: 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2019
For mouth..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by slawali: 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2019
Best news from best Governor

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Burgerlomo: 5:41pm On Mar 23, 2019
Well said Mr Governor cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by kcute(m): 5:41pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shey u r blind abi. All the lanes and roads he’s fixing in Benin ur eyes nor dey see am? even in education sector, state management and planing, the guy is everywhere. I can only say he’s very poor in the aspect of security at the moment. This man has a vision. I’m a pdp person, I used to criticize him but he’s been working to expectation. I bet you’re one of the people making noise from Europe.

Biggie225:

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by simple250: 5:42pm On Mar 23, 2019
Very funny. Do we have water board or water corporation that will supply water to the community. Answer the question Mr Obaseki?

Rubbish

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Akonimohate12: 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

The afonja yansh your papa dey suck or the one your mama leave your papa follow?

Just wait wait, I dey come for u

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Blue3k(m): 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
constituency projects should be done away with. The fact is all of them are better handled by any local government. The federal government should simply focus on enacting federal laws and projects.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by ch3ckm8: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2019
crayon001:
The biggest development to come to Edo state should be in security of life and property. That state is a direct route to hell. If you know, you know.
Benin is really hot at the moment. I'm scared
Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Ajixegun: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2019
Akonimohate12:

Haha... How you take know say afonja yansh be like that?

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by TadM: 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
well, push dem. And set a line , and if them nor pass the line, then they nor try. PDP DEY WATCH. And Edolites wan experience difference and if e nor show dem go dey disappointed , ha dem just too vote for una.
Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
I don't even understand how Nigerians could be soo educated yet have a shitty 'anything goes' mentality.

At this age of our existence, people commission public toilets, street lights, nepa pole etc and we clap for them and sing their praises.
Poorer African nations have these amenities as a citizen's entitlement.
I swear down, we're soo shitty as a nation.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Akonimohate12: 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
Ajixegun:

Haha... How you take know say afonja yansh be like that?

There mama like to piss outside with bucket grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by JagaLove: 5:49pm On Mar 23, 2019
Watch the politicians now, na just 500M own dem go dey do. If u know u know.
Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by mrpotter(m): 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2019
Biggie225:
.....my friend you dont know what you are saying...

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by CuntBobby: 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2019
Nonsense, head out to Ebonyi and ask about Dave Umahi
Donmedra:

I'm PDP
Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2019
Donmedra:

I'm PDP
Be like you be millenium pikin.
Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2019
Donmedra:

I'm PDP
How, what, where
Re: Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects by martineverest(m): 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2019
that's my governor...the most futuristic governor in Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Tinubu’s Charity Does Not Begin At Home / Surrender, Seek Forgiveness – Nigerian Army Tells Boko Haram Members / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.