Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? (1266 Views)

"Nigerian Scam" Used As A Lecture Topic In An American University: Pics & Video / Have You Seen This Animal Before, What's It Called / What Is A Verb? (Definition, Types and Examples) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? by kingIfey(m): 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2019
What is a waybill?
A waybill is a list that contains names of people and goods to be conveyed from one location to another. It is that book where you write your name before entering a bus. There is an air waybill, sea waybill etc.

Waybill cannot be verbalised.

I want to waybill some goods to you❌

If you are looking for a verb to replace 'waybill', here are two genuinely accepted words to use.

1. Freight (verb)
transport (goods) in bulk by truck, train, ship, or aircraft.

"the metals have been freighted from the city".

We freighted the cargo down to Port Harcourt.

freight is used when goods are quite bulky.

When goods are less bulky, for example, conveying clothes from Lagos to Enugu, or maybe you bought a phone from online stores, they don't waybill it, rather they dispatch it or courier it

Dispatch:
dɪˈspatʃ/
verb
1. send off to a destination or for a purpose.

In stead of saying,

Please waybill those materials to me❌

Dispatch the materials to me.✔
Courier the materials to me✔

Waybill is not exactly what you think it is.
Waybill and manifest are basically the same

I hope you learnt something new today cheesy cheesy.
I am King Ifey and I love to see you prosper

@King_ifey(Twitter and IG)
@King Ifey (Facebook)

Kingifey.com

1 Like

Re: Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? by Akachukwu42(m): 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
Thanks. This is a major correction

1 Like

Re: Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? by Nbote(m): 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2019
U are so very wrong in ur definition of waybill... A waybill is not d same as a manifest neither is it a list of passengers and items... A waybill is d receipt issued to U wen U pay for items to b dispatched .. Stop misleading ppl
Re: Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? by kingIfey(m): 6:16am On Mar 24, 2019
Nbote:
U are so very wrong in ur definition of waybill... A waybill is not d same as a manifest neither is it a list of passengers and items... A waybill is d receipt issued to U wen U pay for items to b dispatched .. Stop misleading ppl

This is laughable. You think the Oxford English dictionary is wrong because they didn't define waybill like you chose to define it?

1 Like

Re: Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? by kingIfey(m): 6:17am On Mar 24, 2019
Akachukwu42:
Thanks. This is a major correction

Thank you
Re: Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? by Nbote(m): 7:57am On Mar 24, 2019
kingIfey:

This is laughable. You think the Oxford English dictionary is wrong because they didn't define waybill like you chose to define it?

If by my definition U mean every other dictionary out there den dat is laughable...

1 Like

Re: Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? by kingIfey(m): 8:08am On Mar 24, 2019
Nbote:

If by my definition U mean every other dictionary out there den dat is laughable...

These definitions didn't say anything different and they didn't disprove your assertion that manifest and Waybill are not the same, rather they lend credence to my assertion.

You might have a problem understanding that a list is also a document. A document or list become a receipt once it has been received andby due confirmation has been made.

Even one of the definitions you posted called a list as well.

So, I do not understand what you are trying to prove anymore

2 Likes

Re: Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? by matthewblack: 11:26am On Mar 09, 2020
This really is awesome publish as well as i like to see this particular publish. your site is actually wonderful and also you possess great personnel inside your weblog. good discussing continue the good work.
https://knowledgeablemind.com/how-to-manifest-money-overnight/
Re: Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? by kingIfey(m): 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2020
I should be the one asking you. You came out and openly said that I was misleading people with my definition of waybill. I just went straight to the dictionary and got the reference, now you are acting like I was the one who said you were wrong. You started it all. So my question is, do you consider Oxford wrong?

kingIfey:

These definitions didn't say anything different and they didn't disprove your assertion that manifest and Waybill are not the same, rather they lend credence to my assertion.

You might have a problem understanding that a list is also a document. A document or list become a receipt once it has been received andby due confirmation has been made.

Even one of the definitions you posted called a list as well.

So, I do not understand what you are trying to prove anymore

(1) (Reply)

Lagos City Polytechnic, Ikeja, 2019/2020 Hnd Form And Part-time Form Is Out Call / IMSU Supplementary List 2019/2020 Out! (view /download) / Characteristics Of The Early Press In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.