Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,827 members, 7,798,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

What Does It Take To Follow Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Take To Follow Christ? (4892 Views)

You Follow CHRIST When You Do HIS Will / Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? / Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by dalass(f): 6:23am On Mar 24, 2019
What does it mean to follow Jesus Christ when He said ..He that comes to Me, let him take up his cross and follow Me?
What does it take to follow Him?
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by alBHAGDADI: 6:25am On Mar 24, 2019
Luke 9:23 King James Version (KJV)
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Matthew 19:29 King James Version (KJV)
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by hisgrace090: 7:22am On Mar 24, 2019
Dropping selfishness is very important in following Christ as you learn to love others as you love yourself.

5 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by thebiggestgists(m): 8:38am On Mar 24, 2019
Ttc grin
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by Hoodbilonia: 8:48am On Mar 24, 2019
Dont drop tithes
Dont call your pastor daddy or bow to him
Fuc all those fake ass prophecies and fear dey put into u
Dont watch rap videos
Dont use phone
Nor watch tv
Nor take smoke
Nor go dey sleep for church
Drink
Nack anyhow
Nor swear put for anybody
If police flag u
Nor roger them
If sars stop u. Nor call Jesus
To really follow Jesus Christ without any hassle
Abeg travel go uptown shaps
Go cana or u enter yankee
Ehen na for thr u go fit follow Jesus legit
But for naija here. O bobs na hell fire things we dey onto

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by Denikayan: 8:52am On Mar 24, 2019
Sincerely, Foolishness is most important of all that could be listed. One needs to be extra ordinarily foolish to follow Christ.

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by ABOVEDELAW: 8:57am On Mar 24, 2019
TO LEAVE ALL BEHIND AND FOLLOW CHRIST ALONE.

5 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by peeddy(m): 9:03am On Mar 24, 2019
EdiAbali:
You only need to sacrifice your brain.

IT'S NOT MUCH

Why are you doing this to yourself?

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by greggng: 9:07am On Mar 24, 2019
dalass:
What does it mean to follow Jesus Christ when He said ..He that comes to Me, let him take up his cross and follow Me?

It simply means life is not tea in the morning , sugar in the afternoon and honey in the night. Long suffering is a test of your determination to follow Christ in good and bad times.

4 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by OyiboOyibo(m): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2019
God will help us
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 24, 2019
Easy...just stop using your brain and thinking logically
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by OyiboOyibo(m): 9:15am On Mar 24, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Dont drop tithes
Dont call your pastor daddy or bow to him
Fuc all those fake ass prophecies and fear dey put into u
Dont watch rap videos
Dont use phone
Nor watch tv
Nor take smoke
Nor go dey sleep for church
Drink
Nack anyhow
Nor swear put for anybody
If police flag u
Nor roger them
If sars stop u. Nor call Jesus
To really follow Jesus Christ without any hassle
Abeg travel go uptown shaps
Go cana or u enter yankee
Ehen na for thr u go fit follow Jesus legit
But for naija here. O bobs na hell fire things we dey onto

May God help you with your brain cancer
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by Bojack(m): 9:15am On Mar 24, 2019
Nothing much, just don't ask questions
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by Hoodbilonia: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2019
U r dull
Odeh if u die now
Like day na heaven u go enter
U belong to the Devil
If u dont know
OyiboOyibo:

May God help you with your brain cancer
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by uchwar1: 9:24am On Mar 24, 2019
OP, how come Christian topics are being opened for all religions but when it comes to Islamic topic, you start seeing "you must accept Mohammed bla bla" which appears permanently on one's profile?

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by balonaija(f): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2019
but how?
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by Truefaith: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2019
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again".
John 3:3-7

Has the Lord Jesus Christ changed your heart from inside towards sin, righteousness, God's judgment and Himself?

YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/what-does-it-mean-to-be-born-again/
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:39am On Mar 24, 2019
These days, it's just a big Bible and holier-than-thou attitude.
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:44am On Mar 24, 2019
uchwar1:
OP, how come Christian topics are being opened for all religions but when it comes to Islamic topic, you start seeing "you must accept Mohammed bla bla" which appears permanently on one's profile?
This is religion section not Christian section
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by dokyOloye: 9:54am On Mar 24, 2019
uchwar1:
That is the beauty of Christianity.
Tolerance.
No compulsion.
You can only say "forgive them father for they know not what they do".

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by hightempo(m): 10:33am On Mar 24, 2019
To follow christ means total surrender to his will.

Jesus christ according to bible is the way. The truth and the life, that is his manifesto and he lived up to expectations. He is indeed a master, peak of cosmic consciousness

Simply following his word will turn any fool to a wise being......what a reward to existence

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by EternalBeing: 10:40am On Mar 24, 2019
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by ollah2: 10:45am On Mar 24, 2019
uchwar1:

Its simply because muslims respect your threads. They are tolerant and mind their own business. The Christian threads on the front page presently are all devoid of attacks, name calling or what not. It can never happen on fridays when muslims threads hit the front page. That's explains the evil mindset Christians have towards the muslims while the latter ignore and pray to God to change their hearts.

Shalom !
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by abraham01emma01: 10:53am On Mar 24, 2019
Be totally submissive to Christ and humble yourself before him and forget your selfishness and take Christ first in everything.
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 24, 2019
dalass:

To follow God ,you have to live a life of righteousness and holiness,he said if you believe in me,and still in sin,then you haven't known me.
Righteousness is the price you pay to follow Christ,that is the cross of separating yourself from sin and from those things that leads you to sin,its a weapon of war against sin,once you declare to serve Christ,the opposite spirit will attack you to make you fall,they will fight you with a lot of adversaries just to pull you back to sin,just like Job,remember that no unrighteous soul shall see God.You need to be equipped with the knowledge of God and his spirit to be able to conquer sin.
Then holiness is the ability to maintain that righteousness to the end .
l have more to tell you but my battery is low

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by Og4love(m): 11:28am On Mar 24, 2019
Denikayan:
Sincerely, Foolishness is most important of all that could be listed. One needs to be extra ordinarily foolish to follow Christ.
true
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by uchwar1: 11:47am On Mar 24, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
This is religion section not Christian section
ask yourself if what you wrote justifies your reasoning and comprehension of things. Does it mean Islam is not religion?
Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by advocate666: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2019
dalass:

It takes lack of brain function to follow dead jewish zombie that your ancestors know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Follow Christ? by advocate666: 11:51am On Mar 24, 2019
ollah2:

Its simply because muslims respect your threads. They are tolerant and mind their own business. The Christian threads on the front page presently are all devoid of attacks, name calling or what not. It can never happen on fridays when muslims threads hit the front page. That's explains the evil mindset Christians have towards the muslims while the latter ignore and pray to God to change their hearts.

Shalom !

moslems are snowflakes. They need protection.

Even their allah needs protection.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Message Of The Kingdom Of GOD / The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? / Thanks So Much Pastor Paul Adefarasin For Today Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.