Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,738 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly (30438 Views)

If You Have Any Of These 5 Health Challenges Eat More Of Raw Tomatoes / Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Everyday / Tracy Kiss, Bodybuilder Drinks Semen Regularly To Ward Off Coronavirus (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Nairatrend: 7:55am On Mar 24, 2019
Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Although tomatoes are frequently used in sauces and other types of cooked foods, the nutrients and compounds in the raw fruit can positively affect your health in many ways.

Raw tomatoes are often found in salads or blended into smoothies or juices.
Many of the nutrients, antioxidants and other beneficial compounds in raw tomatoes may prevent or help treat a wide range of health issues. The health benefits of tomatoes include:

1) Helping to alleviate menopausal symptoms.

2) Helping to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Diets rich in tomatoes have been shown to reduce "bad" cholesterol, which in turn improves the health of your arteries and heart.

3) Increasing your production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter known for helping to regulate your mood,pain management and digestion.

A 2016 study in the Journal of Food Bioscience assessed 38 different fruits and vegetables and found that the highest levels of serotonin were found in cherry tomatoes.

4) Improving the health of your skinand reducing your risk of developing a sunburn.

5) Promoting weight loss. Regular consumption of tomatoes has been associated with reduced waist circumference, body weight and body fat. The serotonin in tomatoes also can impact your gastrointestinal motility, which impacts digestion and weight loss.

6) Reducing the risk of cancer, particularly breast and prostate cancer.

7) Reducing inflammation. The antioxidants in tomatoes can also help to improve the functioning of your immune system.

grin See SourcE Here

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by zolajpower: 8:19am On Mar 24, 2019
Good
Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by seenter84: 8:20am On Mar 24, 2019
Ok
Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by laurel03(m): 8:20am On Mar 24, 2019
Make I dey buy basket of tomatoes for house

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by ObeyaFriday: 8:20am On Mar 24, 2019
Understood. Thanks
Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by yomalex(m): 8:20am On Mar 24, 2019
I do that often, people look at you like...

11 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 24, 2019
I hate even the smell. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Opistorincos(m): 8:21am On Mar 24, 2019
We go kuku turn animals some day, na all everything we deey eat raw now
Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by ObeyaFriday: 8:21am On Mar 24, 2019
Thanks

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 24, 2019
shocked
Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by jericco1(m): 8:22am On Mar 24, 2019
I love tomatoes o and the health benefit is top notch

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Denikayan: 8:23am On Mar 24, 2019
Can't be as beneficial as eating pvssy thrice a week.

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by sopron(m): 8:24am On Mar 24, 2019
Please how can i post a thread on nairaland
Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by ObeyaFriday: 8:24am On Mar 24, 2019
Raw tomatoes are really good for our health. I take at least one or two a day.

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by godwinnd: 8:24am On Mar 24, 2019
Go to market light now
Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by paulzee94(m): 8:27am On Mar 24, 2019
Nobi lie.....
Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Phock2sweet: 8:30am On Mar 24, 2019
its makes ur penniis to last during sex....45 mins for 1st round

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by AGIRI08(m): 8:36am On Mar 24, 2019
Phock2sweet:
its makes ur penniis to last during sex....45 mins for 1st round
��..Really??
Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Lorechino(m): 8:36am On Mar 24, 2019
tomatoes na d only thing even if u tell me say u put am poison I go still chop am.

that's y anytime e d scarce I d vex

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by macson55: 8:39am On Mar 24, 2019
How about someone having high bloog pressure,diabetes and kidney issues? Can such a person also eat raw tomatoes?
Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by alert01(m): 8:40am On Mar 24, 2019
sopron:
Please how can i post a thread on nairaland

If I release my anger on you now,u'll start crying foul

Wait, are you maaaaaaad?

Is your brain paining you?

Don't be unfortunate this morning pls. let sleeping dog lie

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Lizilicious(f): 8:41am On Mar 24, 2019
Somebody just added tomatoes and penis together...

This kind early Sunday morning?

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Marvis4real(f): 8:42am On Mar 24, 2019
Tomato is acidic , ulcer and GERD patients take note

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Hoodbilonia: 8:44am On Mar 24, 2019
Chop stew steady with garlic
Den take blackwood with origin
You go nack tire
Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 24, 2019
Very good thread. Unfortunately the only raw tomatoes I would advise any Nigerian to eat are the ones that come packaged which you buy from super stores like shoprite or if you must buy from the local market, it has to be firm all round. Many of those bought at the market could be infected or infested.

Over here, raw tomatoes, are always part of salads. There are small ones which look like grapes, they're quite tasty and nourishing

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:00am On Mar 24, 2019
EsotericMonk:
Very good thread. Unfortunately the only raw tomatoes I would advise any Nigerian to eat are the ones that come packaged which you buy from super stores like shoprite. The ones bought at the market could be infected or infested.

Over here, raw tomatoes, are always part of salads. There are small ones which look like grapes, they're quite tasty and nourishing
Are you stronger than those eating the one from the local market

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 24, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Are you stronger than those eating the one from the local market
Sorry ma, ayam very sorry. Lemme not spoil someone's market.
I was only speaking for myself grin
#OneMan'sPointofView

4 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by martineverest(m): 9:09am On Mar 24, 2019
ironically,the tomato paste is far better than raw tomatoes

at least,one of tomatoes,potato,ginger,garlic, turmeric,lemon,apple etc should be taken a day.
Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2019
EsotericMonk:

Sorry ma, ayam very sorry. Lemme not spoil someone's market.
I was only speaking for myself grin
#OneMan'sPointofView
tongue tongue tongue touché I don't sell tomatoes either but I buy from the local market and it's okay just avoid èshà (pressed ones)

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Eating Raw Tomatoes Regularly by agarawu23(m): 9:14am On Mar 24, 2019
Okay

Can I get the pidgin version? so that I go fit know the work wey e dey do. All these grammar no help

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Residents Groan As Cost Of Condoms Increases By 200% / See How Toothpastes Cause Health Problem / COVID-19: Ignore The ‘Vaccine’ Being Hawked In Kano, FG Warns Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.