Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? (35571 Views)

Event Center Business Plan In Nigeria / How To Make Money Running A Football Viewing Center In Nigeria / Please How Lucrative Is Coconut Oil Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by czarina(f): 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Because you don't understand how young men are trying to make money without doing yahoo yahoo.
Even the comment shock me.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by tsinzu: 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2019
It's lucrative but the wahala too much. I will advise anyone wey no get power for trouble to avoid it

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2019
allanphash7:
I don't understand the kind of topic that grace FP nowadays

so in your small mind this topic isn't good enough to grace FP?, Ideas on setting up and running a small business that could be beneficial to a lot of viewers?
smh

7 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by akaahs(m): 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2019
Its lucrative if ur location is good couple with ur facilities and ur consistency. I managed one before

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:03pm On Mar 24, 2019
Not lucrative anymore because most bet shop now show it for free.
Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by ucsquare(m): 9:03pm On Mar 24, 2019
allanphash7:

Are u normal? if this is not front page worthy,tell me which is..

7 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by czarina(f): 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
Trolla:

so in your small mind this topic isn't good enough to grace FP?, Ideas on setting up and running a small business that could be beneficial to a lot of viewers?
smh
He hasn't seen life. Probably has people feeding him.

6 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Because you don't understand how young men are trying to make money without doing yahoo yahoo.
I am also surprised.

Perhaps he doesn't know that there are very few white collar jobs available in Nigeria these days.

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by Gforce2019: 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
Firstly, location matters.
You can't be in VGC and you think viewing centre will sell...
Secondly, all businesses are risk ...if you want to do business , you have to be ready for unforeseeing circumstances...
Thirdly believe in God

5 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by enemyofprogress: 9:06pm On Mar 24, 2019
I have jazz that you can plant inside the place that will attract people to the viewing centre no matter the price you ask them to pay. Contact me if you're interested

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by eduardo36(m): 9:07pm On Mar 24, 2019
The cable subscription is #17500 per month for DStv, it consist of all Chanel which include Super sport and many others, Gradually you can include GOtv which I think is less affordable depending on your prefer bouquet.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by SamOyovwi: 9:07pm On Mar 24, 2019
Security is a must
youngest85:
It depends on your location and you must be ready for fight at any time coz many people will like to play on intelligence
Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by BrainSanitizer: 9:07pm On Mar 24, 2019
Very lucrative. But you must make rules. No alcoholism. Otherwise you'll be dealing with the police every time.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by MosakuAW(m): 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
Firstly, call Dstv customer service and ask them for the rate and package the have for Dstv viewing centre. If you are to start without using the package for viewing centre, you will close shop in 6months because, SS5, SS6 are their prime stations for football.

For you to show 2 live matches @the same time, you will need that package and 2 decoder. If you start with the regular subscriptions with the premium package is @15,800 and you will have to show 2matches @the same time with 2decoders then, it will be very very expensive.

Also, you need to look @location. What are other viewing centre during. You will need to also introduce drinks and snacks for them to buy doing viewing time. Make sure you have a very good generator set and also have another as backup.

Lastly, don't do I will pay later or I want to watch first half game or 2nd half game only. Make sure all game are fixed price except when you are showing double matches, you have to charge twice. If you are collecting N100 for a single match, the N150 or N200 for double match. Best of luck

11 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by openmine(m): 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
Very lucrative! cheesy
Just ensure that there is adequate security! smiley
Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by akaahs(m): 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
youngest85:

I had one before but the problem of people not ready to pay ruined it
Ur purposely allow them ruined u down. When i was managing one, even if you are my blood brother u must pay. U don't joke with ur business

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by czarina(f): 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
enemyofprogress:
I have jazz that you can plant inside the place that will attract people to the viewing centre no matter the price you ask them to pay. Contact me if you're interested
Op, don't contact him.

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by Mrviktor(m): 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
twentyk:
Hello NL'ders, I want to have an idea of how lucrative it is to run a Viewing center for live matches.....

I want to use the upcoming Nations Cup as an opportunity to jump start the hustle, I have no idea on how it is to run one, and I'm here , asking business owners, or individuals with experience, ideas, and inside knowledge to give me a little OT in the business.....

P. S, i have a large space, two TV's and getting chairs are not a problem for me...intending to start small with the (nations cup FREE)...

It's very very very very very good..
DStv sub go be like 10k with extra view.
U can make that in a week of matches.. Saturday Sunday.. champions league game and the coming weekend again..
Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by Lastanza: 9:09pm On Mar 24, 2019
allanphash7:

How is this a bad or irrelevant topic. Ease up before over Sabi kee you. Everyone just wonna comment even when they have nothing to say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by 8stargeneral: 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2019
Guy don't try it,look for another business to start, viewing center will give u frustration u never imagine in ur life,my experience tho.
Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by enemyofprogress: 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2019
czarina:
Op, don't contact him.
after I don do for you to catch your landlord's wife and daughters?
Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by hardbody: 9:12pm On Mar 24, 2019
enemyofprogress:

Lol. You are indeed enemyofprogress

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by enemyofprogress: 9:13pm On Mar 24, 2019
hardbody:

Lol. You are indeed enemyofprogress
as I wan help am bring customers for am
Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 24, 2019
czarina:
Even the comment shock me.

No mind am, na jagajaga boy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by elyte89: 9:14pm On Mar 24, 2019
It depends on d area sha

But presently in my area,most of d viewing centres are folding up because of three things

(1) some fans now prefer to watch matches @ home in deir living room,meaning ppu now prefer to subscribe to deir dstv @ home to watch deir match in peace to avoid any insult or any unnecessary distraction experienced @ viewing centres

(2) some fans now prefer to watch deir matches @ beer parlour places because d money meant to watch d match in a viewing centre(#100) will b use to buy malt or add little money to buy a beer and still watch d match for free,...dts an advantage to some fans

(3) the teeming betting centres now show matches for free; wc fans c more conducive and enclosed dan d open viewing centres. I think with dis few point of mine,I av been able to convince d op dt....... cool

4 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:14pm On Mar 24, 2019
eduardo36:
The cable subscription is #17500 per month for DStv, it consist of all Chanel which include Super sport and many others, Gradually you can include GOtv which I think is less affordable depending on your prefer bouquet.
bro he will rather pay for a compact plus I think at 9k plus, compact at 6+ and one gotv at 1800

Compact plus will show champions league on super sport 5 and 6

Ordinary compact will show Premier league on super sport 3, 7, 8 and 10

Gotv will show football on super sport select 2 and maybe 4

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by osazsky(m): 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2019
twentyk:
really.... People will pay here, as I do not know most people here, I'm kinda new..... Also what types of cable subscriptions did you do... Must it always be dstv or are there other capable cables...
where is your location, Ctl cable is cheaper than dstv but Ctl is not in all states

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I am also surprised.

Perhaps he doesn't know that there are very few white collar jobs available in Nigeria these days.

He is probably one undergraduate or privileged Nigerian who is oblivious of what others are going through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? by Lastanza: 9:18pm On Mar 24, 2019
MosakuAW:
Firstly, call Dstv customer service and ask them for the rate and package the have for Dstv viewing centre. If you are to start without using the package for viewing centre, you will close shop in 6months because, SS5, SS6 are their prime stations for football.

For you to show 2 live matches @the same time, you will need that package and 2 decoder. If you start with the regular subscriptions with the premium package is @15,800 and you will have to show 2matches @the same time with 2decoders then, it will be very very expensive.

Also, you need to look @location. What are other viewing centre during. You will need to also introduce drinks and snacks for them to buy doing viewing time. Make sure you have a very good generator set and also have another as backup.

Lastly, don't do I will pay later or I want to watch first half game or 2nd half game only. Make sure all game are fixed price except when you are showing double matches, you have to charge twice. If you are collecting N100 for a single match, the N150 or N200 for double match. Best of luck

Nice advice but over meanness will just chase away customers even when you are the only service provider in the environment.
Which one be 150 or 200 when you are showing two matches simultaneously. Two matches showing at the same time is at the advantage of the customers and the they pay just money for single match.
What if the person tells you that he came to watch just one match, will you chase him away because you are showing two matches?
Wisdom and tolerance is profitable to direct in business.

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! / I Am Richer Than Dangote – Ghanaian (Dwarf) Shortest Man Speaks / POS Operators Begin Implementation Of New Service Charge Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.